View Full Version : Disneyworld and Disneyland Together Again??

Facnyface
01-24-2006, 08:18 PM
Yes im glad to say that the title of this post speaks for itself.. Disneyworld and Disneyland are now back together as 1 park (like when walt created them).. When i recieved my Cast Member i was not pleased and pleased... I was not pleased because they had given us Black out days through (last year) December 18 - 31 i was not pleased about that... But i was pleased to see that my Cast Member pass had said ''You can now go to Disneyland Resort'' so i was pleased about that and also it is now the blue pass and it has the famous ''D'' like Disneyland Resort has as there symbol.. and it no longer says Walt Disney World it now says Disney which means i can now go to Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World.... I believe that this huge change is due to the kicking of Michel Eisner out of office and Roy E Disney back in as head of the Disney department and now i believe that he has put the 2 places back together as 1 just the way his Uncle had wanted it :):)

Smoop
01-24-2006, 09:16 PM
So a cast member NOW has access to both parks? Hmm... are you pondering what I'm pondering. ;)

Facnyface
01-24-2006, 09:24 PM
rofl idk LOL

and my answer to that question would be yes :):)

Oranges
01-24-2006, 09:54 PM
I don't find this truthful. Something with this whole idea just doesn't sit right with me. I also fail to believe that you are a Cast Member, seeing as your profile says you are only 13. I believe there is an age restriction on Disney park employment if I am not mistaken.

Anyways, I think that combining Walt Disney World and Disneyland together is not truthful. I Googled this and found nothing close to this decision. Hypothetically, if they did combine all the Disney parks, each individual area loses its identity completely. The parks no longer have their individuality. Saying, "I am going to Disneyland Paris" turns into simply "I'm going to Disney". Same thing with, "I'm going to Disney World" turns into "I'm going to Disney". Just saying "Disney" does not specify which park you are going to, which is why the Disney Co. would not opt for this choice.

And if what I have read is correct, Walt Disney WANTED to have two separate parks. It would give those more on the eastern side of the U.S. a chance to experience the magic without having to give as far. But thus, he had the idea of creating a Disney World. He more than likely wanted to have separate destinations, not one as you are suggesting.

jamielan
01-25-2006, 12:36 AM
I don't find this truthful. Something with this whole idea just doesn't sit right with me. I also fail to believe that you are a Cast Member, seeing as your profile says you are only 13. I believe there is an age restriction on Disney park employment if I am not mistaken.

Anyways, I think that combining Walt Disney World and Disneyland together is not truthful. I Googled this and found nothing close to this decision. Hypothetically, if they did combine all the Disney parks, each individual area loses its identity completely. The parks no longer have their individuality. Saying, "I am going to Disneyland Paris" turns into simply "I'm going to Disney". Same thing with, "I'm going to Disney World" turns into "I'm going to Disney". Just saying "Disney" does not specify which park you are going to, which is why the Disney Co. would not opt for this choice.

And if what I have read is correct, Walt Disney WANTED to have two separate parks. It would give those more on the eastern side of the U.S. a chance to experience the magic without having to give as far. But thus, he had the idea of creating a Disney World. He more than likely wanted to have separate destinations, not one as you are suggesting.

hmm..there is not much more i can add to this. Very well said :)

EDIT: also i remember facnyface saying that he was a CM before, but then sayng that his dad was.
Pshh..i hate it when people dont tell the truth :(

Facnyface
01-27-2006, 01:36 AM
rofl jemilen is right i did say meh dad is a CM because he is because that is how i know what the CM ID looks like duh and he like lets me hold on to it and i even have 1 well not an offical 1 but close enough to being 1 and the age limit is 15 and you need a better computer CL_FloridaOranges because if you were a CM you would know because they now say ''Disneyland Resort or Walt Disney World Resort'' so i suggest you WATCH WHAT YOU SAY BEFORE YOU GO AND ACCUSE PEOPLE

PrincessxAj
01-27-2006, 01:40 AM
Awesome...i think LOL

prisoner
01-27-2006, 12:21 PM
Yes im glad to say that the title of this post speaks for itself.. Disneyworld and Disneyland are now back together as 1 park

Separated by 2500 miles. :)

Unfortunately, the title doesn't speak for itself. What do you mean by "together as 1 park"? Same admissions will work for both (except for your Cast Member pass - they won't)? Can book reservations at both from same phone number (doesn't look like it)? Connecting monorail (I wish!)?

The two have reported to the head of Parks and Resorts for quite a long time, although each also had their own President and largely operated independently. (Shame... there is a lot they should learn from each other.)

(like when walt created them)..

I think you need to go back to your Traditions class. :D

Walt envisioned "The Florida Project" as something very very different than what was created. He died before one shovel of dirt was turned to actually build it, and it was Roy who eventually opened Walt Disney World, dedicating it to his brother. Read the dedication plaque near the flagpole and statue of Roy and Minnie.

I believe that this huge change is due to the kicking of Michel Eisner out of office and Roy E Disney back in as head of the Disney department

You're a bit confused here, I think. Iger has replaced Eisner, tho I suspect that you're correct that he may have motivated many of the changes we're seeing in Disney nowadays.

Roy is back on the board (as a board member emeritus), but as far as I know isn't in charge of Parks and Resorts, nor even at his old job at Feature Animation.

Facnyface
01-27-2006, 10:04 PM
erm... you are right about the iger thing but no they are not together as 1 park but Cast Members can go to WDW and DLR before they couldn't and no you must purcahse different tickets (Just a way for them to mkae more money )

swimmingemma49
01-27-2006, 10:24 PM
They closed the Feature Animation studio in Florida... I know because my dad used to work there. Roy Disney couldn't get his job back there if it no longer exists, can he? :).

prisoner
01-28-2006, 11:32 AM
no they are not together as 1 park but Cast Members can go to WDW and DLR before they couldn't

Ok, so you've clarified your "together again" a bit. Being clear is very important!

I'm still a little confused. I've been told (and I haven't tried this personally, admitedly) that both Silver and Blue passes were able to enter these two resorts for a while, not to mention the parks in Paris and now Hong Kong.

They closed the Feature Animation studio in Florida... Roy Disney couldn't get his job back there if it no longer exists, can he?

Well, Feature Animation continued to exist - they just (quite sadly) closed their studios outside California when they decided to stop doing "traditional" animation. Chicken Little was produced by Feature Animation, for example.

Oranges
01-28-2006, 08:23 PM
Yes, clarification is a very good thing. You led me to belive in your first post that all the Disney parks had lost their names and were now simply called "Disney". I think, correct me if I am wrong, that you are saying Cast Members can now visit the other parks on one park ticket?

Lady
01-28-2006, 09:20 PM
Disneyland castmembers have been able to use their maingate passes at WDW at least since 2004. My fiance worked at Disneyland and we went to WDW in 2004 using his pass. It may depend on the level of pass, but it seems weird that WDW CMs couldn't use theirs for Disneyland. There are quite a few differences in the two resorts, in the way they do things.

figmentisback
02-02-2006, 07:01 PM
When CEO Bob Iger came into power, he changed a few things, like incorperating the 2 companies that ran the theme parks in North America together into one again... DLR & WDW will still have different presidents, but are under the same idea that they are together.. and share ideas (though hopefully not clone everything in site..)

besides, CMs that work for Disney should have always been able to main gate into any Disney park in north america... i thought they did.. now international i'm not sure...