View Full Version : Bad News For Beijing!

Napthali
01-22-2006, 07:50 AM
Disney Denies Theme Park Plan for Beijing

The Walt Disney Co. denied a news report Tuesday that said Beijing hopes to build a Disney theme park by 2010. "Media reports that claim Disney is building a park in Beijing are inaccurate and not based on fact. Disney has no plans to build a park in Beijing at this time," Disney said in a statement.

This came from...
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=60178

kittenofthenight
01-22-2006, 07:51 AM
awww :( that kinda stinks

Napthali
01-22-2006, 07:53 AM
awww :( that kinda stinks

Well they don't really need two now do they? lol we do but they don't really.

Annia
01-22-2006, 07:55 AM
Well they don't really need two now do they? lol we do but they don't really.

Isn't China larger than the US?

Napthali
01-22-2006, 08:12 AM
Isn't China larger than the US?

lol SHHH! We don't want them to have another one so we are the only country with two lol. I remember by a cast member we were told they have been arguing about this for a while and I guess have finally decided they don't need to do it so there is no point.

BokerTov
01-22-2006, 08:18 AM
Chinas population is like 4 times more then the USA with 2 billion

Middiebear
01-22-2006, 08:37 AM
The United States currently has a population of around 295 million people...

While China has around 1.4 billion people...

I'm happy to hear that reports on building another "Disneyland" type park in China are strictly false rumors...

There really is no relevance for another park... and I think Disney should wait and see whether Hong Kong Disneyland is a success or not...

StitchMad
01-22-2006, 08:58 AM
There might be a Beijing VMK.

Thanks for the news:)
~StitchMad

mizbee
01-22-2006, 09:30 AM
while China may have WAY more people than the US, the vast majority of them would never afford a Disney vacation. That's why it's in Hong Kong - where the wealthiest of the Chinese live. Even the people with the lowest incomes in the United States live like Kings compared to most of these people. It breaks my heart.