View Full Version : Picture of the Actual Yeti!

Swordsman
01-22-2006, 02:52 AM
In the Expedition Everest ride in WDW, the yeti is not what you expect. Check out this pic:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/CL_Swordsman/Yeti.jpg

Here is some info on it:

Due to the speed of the vehicle you ride in plus the jerkiness of the seat, you never really get a clear view of the Yeti. This enormous figure that moves so suddenly, so fluidly that you'd swear that it was a real creature. On those "ride-though" videos, all you get is a brief glimpse of a brown blur.

You can find the Yeti at the very heart of Forbidden Mountain.

That's one pretty fearsome-looking Yeti, don't you think? But wait 'til you see this thing in action. Suddenly swiping those sharp claws down at you as your train whizzes on by. Yikes!

In other Expedition Everest related news......
There might be Forbidden Mountain may soon feature climbers similar to the mountain climbers who regularly scale the slopes of Disneyland's Matterhorn.

The Climber Guy project will actually be a series of short films. Movies that are being produced expressly for the Web and will soon be used to promote DAK's new "Expedition Everest" ride.

Once this guy then learns that the Walt Disney Company has built a brand-new mountain, Climber Guy quickly packs up his gear and heads for Central Florida. He is determined to climb this new peak so that Climber Guy can still have bragging rights to say that he's scaled all of the great mountains of the world.

This series will have 12 movies, which will then be shown at these two websites:

EVERESTCLIMBERGUY.COM (Not Working Yet)
MOUNTAINCLIMBERGUY.COM (Not Working Yet)

Some of these films will actually be shot on location in the village at the base of the Expedition Everest ride as well as on the slopes of Forbidden Mountain itself.

One of the funny of the series will be once Climber Guy is actually up on the mountain. The Yeti keeps stealing this guy's supplies, sabotaging his equipment, etc.

Given how fierce this creature actually looks up close, I don't assume that he'll be getting much actual face time. Maybe a few quick glimpses of just the Yeti's hands slipping into a shot to steal some food or untie the Climber Guy's shoelaces.

AvastExplorer
01-22-2006, 02:55 AM
That picture of the yeti is cool. Yet kind of creepy @_@

Zipora5
01-22-2006, 02:56 AM
To me, it looks more like big foot or something. lol
but it still looks cool :)

TikiRoom
01-22-2006, 02:56 AM
I agree! Very freaky!

AvastExplorer
01-22-2006, 02:57 AM
Yea, it does look like big foot lol. On vmk the yeti is white. What's up with that? And look at the teeth on that yeti @_@

princessMegy
01-22-2006, 02:59 AM
i tink it might scare little tiny babies :(

SleepyPiglet
01-22-2006, 03:01 AM
OMG the Yeti looks so awesome! Much more scary than the Yeti at Matterhorn ;)

skip
01-22-2006, 03:02 AM
The Yeti: Disney's Animal Kingdom Chewbacca! LOL

Seriously though, it looks great. From what I understand, the Yeti's right arm and head move. The other arm and body parts remain stationary.

-skippyskippy

Silentkid
01-22-2006, 03:02 AM
i tink it might scare little tiny babies :(

That's what height requirement is for!lol.Anyways who would realy take an infant to the ride.

PS Disney did a good job on the Yeti.The yeti's teeth,fur,claws, and eyes.It looks so authnic.

FUNNY PRANK:

print that picture up.Then do this To a person sleeping:
Turn on the lights.Before they open there eyes.Yell RAHH RAHH!
Then go close to the victum and when they open up there eyes.They will first see the yeti really close to them.And scream (hopefually).

TiggerRulzMiWurld
01-22-2006, 03:07 AM
I thought the Yeti was white...ish, LOL :)

Etta
01-22-2006, 03:08 AM
That picture of the yeti is cool. Yet kind of creepy @_@

lol i agree i thought it was white........whatever

FreakOuter99
01-22-2006, 03:09 AM
uh... and i thought the sky was green.... lol im not sure we can really THINK we know what the yeti "looks" like :)

Swordsman
01-22-2006, 03:23 AM
uh... and i thought the sky was green.... lol im not sure we can really THINK we know what the yeti "looks" like :)
LOL good one.

Spader
01-22-2006, 04:05 AM
lol exactly and isn't the yeti like kinda related or the eastern version of bigfoot lol and it's all about the imagination but they did a great job as usual

Shayjack
01-22-2006, 04:08 AM

Seriously though, it looks great. From what I understand, the Yeti's right arm and head move. The other arm and body parts remain stationary.

-skippyskippy
True... Go animal kingdom Chewie!

PinkPinkNicole
01-22-2006, 04:10 AM
Compare:In the Expedition Everest ride in WDW, the yeti is not what you expect. Check out this pic:

It's at the bottom I believe of the ride, in the forbidden mountain.

I like the VMK Yeti better :xmas24:

buzzlightyearsmom
01-22-2006, 04:14 AM
He is not the same yeti, as the one in the mattehorn mountain, which is the WHITE yeti! This is his cousin in Florida. Lol!:xmas35: :xmas17: :CastMem:

Spader
01-22-2006, 04:16 AM
He is not the same yeti, as the one in the mattehorn mountain, which is the WHITE yeti! This is his cousin in Florida. Lol!:xmas35: :xmas17: :CastMem:
lol yeah he gets more sun or just doesn't clean as often...

ahadinosaur
01-22-2006, 04:23 AM
From watching all those superstitious loch ness monster shows and such, I think Spader is right in his saying that the yeti and bigfoot are related.
Yeti is the Himalayan Name, El Chupacabra is a mexican version i think, bigfoot is common north american, the jersey devil is...well, jersey i believe, and down here in the good ole sunshine state its "Sasquatchhh!"
(hahah yeah, im a big dork i guess)

But I like buzz's mom/spader's ideas better. much cooler sounding.

camara
01-22-2006, 04:23 AM
In the Expedition Everest ride in WDW, the yeti is not what you expect. Check out this pic:

i figured it would be brown, the hands u have in yeti vision game are brown

camara
01-22-2006, 04:25 AM

-skippyskippy

omg your right, it looks like a really angry chewbacca!!!!!

Note: luke must have used the force too much, it ticked off chewbacca.
( lol )

Appleonia
At First I Thought It Was a Picture Of A Wart ... Gone Un-Treated! Lol!

Swordsman
From watching all those superstitious loch ness monster shows and such, I think Spader is right in his saying that the yeti and bigfoot are related.
Yeti is the Himalayan Name, El Chupacabra is a mexican version i think, bigfoot is common north american, the jersey devil is...well, jersey i believe, and down here in the good ole sunshine state its "Sasquatchhh!"

Not Spader's idea; Buzz's idea.

( lol )
Please don't double post.

dubcit
01-22-2006, 04:26 AM
I know some people that are going to be crying on this ride lol.

qwerta
01-22-2006, 04:26 AM
i think ive seen that picture...in my nightmares

camara
01-22-2006, 04:28 AM

EL Chupacabra has nothing to do with it being the yeti btw.

PinkPinkNicole
01-22-2006, 04:28 AM
lol yeah he gets more sun or just doesn't clean as often...

Makes sense...
:lachen70:

(too short)
~PPN

Appleonia
01-22-2006, 04:29 AM

( lol )

Luke Went Overboard Will The Force. Chewbacca Was So Mad ... He Forgot To Shave!!

camara
01-22-2006, 04:30 AM
Not Spader's idea; Buzz's idea.

Please don't double post.

when i saw this im like why am i getting yelled at from somebody i dont know, about double posting?? ( i never realize when i double post ).

after i stopped looking at avatar and saw title, i saw it was u sword, lol.

elevatedude
01-22-2006, 04:31 AM

the jersey devil is a whole other legend. the jersey devil is said to be a demon. you are right on all the other things though. yeti bigfoot abomable snowman there all the same thing.

Swordsman
01-22-2006, 04:32 AM
when i saw this im like why am i getting yelled at from somebody i dont know, about double posting?? ( i never realize when i double post ).

after i stopped looking at avatar and saw title, i saw it was u sword, lol.
Just trying to keep my thread clean :).

MamaJo
01-22-2006, 04:35 AM
To me, it looks more like big foot or something. lol
but it still looks cool :)

techcinally the yeit and big foot are the same creature but usually one is white and the other is brown. maybe it is one of the those creautes that has brown hair but in the winter turns white

Spader
01-22-2006, 04:39 AM
techcinally the yeit and big foot are the same creature but usually one is white and the other is brown. maybe it is one of the those creautes that has brown hair but in the winter turns white
hmm that would be cool the brown and white color change never really thought of it like that

LittleBubbles
01-22-2006, 05:19 AM
I feel like hugging it ^^

Spader
01-22-2006, 05:21 AM
I feel like hugging it ^^
hmm i wonder how it would react to you hugging it .... just hope you come back alive

Pixie Dust
01-22-2006, 05:24 AM
Dudes,

Yetis are the Himalayan version of Big Foot!:xmas24:

Like polar bears, brown bears, and snowshoe rabbits, respectively :)

PuppyLover
01-22-2006, 05:45 AM
I did think the yeti was white he must have been playing in the dirt. Bad yeti lol :) it is not scary it is cute ( i know am weird )

shoppingchik1314
01-22-2006, 06:08 AM
weard ah it's dead

1girl2sweet
01-22-2006, 06:14 AM

El Chupacabra is not related to the yeti (i dont think so..)

The jersey devil is not even close to bieng related to the yeti. The jersey devil is about a girl who wanted a baby to be a devil and when she had her baby, it was human but when it came older it grew horns and wings and all that stuff and flew away

1girl2sweet
01-22-2006, 06:16 AM
lol i agree i thought it was white........whatever

srry for double post

actually thats the abomidal snowman

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You could say that i know my myths, LOL!

Facnyface
01-22-2006, 06:18 AM
erm... i see no picture :):)

sacura288
01-22-2006, 11:01 AM
i thought the yeti was white and kind and fwuffy and throws snowballs at matterhorn .

ChrisR
01-22-2006, 11:23 AM
well that yeti is in switzerland. thisw is himalaya baby, we got bad dudes here lol

PirateTod
01-22-2006, 01:41 PM
It Scared My Little Bro When I Opened The page LOL

Cakee
01-22-2006, 01:47 PM
Whoa, he's scary O_O
Okay, that's it, I'm too chicken to face the Yeti..

well that yeti is in switzerland. thisw is himalaya baby, we got bad dudes here lol
rofl :D haha

~Cake

Oranges
01-22-2006, 01:51 PM
That is very awesome, but it probably will scare many. The ride will be very cool, but I did envision it to be white.

BestOfMe_VMKer
01-22-2006, 02:21 PM
I'd just hate to catch the yeti in a bad mood...-_-

CaptHookFan
01-22-2006, 02:23 PM
I'd just hate to catch the yeti in a bad mood...-_-

i agree lol

sacura288
01-22-2006, 02:32 PM
it looks sorta like my big bro .. on a good day O_o

Shanniegina
01-22-2006, 02:50 PM
He is NOT the Yeti that I know with the little cell phone with a cute ring tone!

witchesrock
01-22-2006, 02:51 PM
That doesn't look like the Yeti in VMK...@_@

PowerGirl
01-22-2006, 02:59 PM
Wow! that yeti looks..scary..OK I'm not going on that ride until i'm like..24 or something.

Tangaroa
01-22-2006, 03:05 PM
A lot of research went into the look of the Yeti in order to make it believable as a real creature. The inspiration for much of the design comes from the Golden Monkey.

Along with a team of primatologists from both Disney's Animal Kingdom and groups like Conservation International, members of the attraction design team actually made trips to areas like the Qinling mountains in China to study Golden Monkeys in their natural environment. Golden Monkeys were selected because they are physically acclimated to cold environments which supported the design of the the Yeti's physiology as well as some interesting aspects of Golden Monkeys which could easily support some of the descriptions gathered from Yeti sightings by locals in the regions around the Himalayas.

For example, villagers often talk of finding odd tufts of bluish hair caught in branches in areas where there are unexplainable signs of the Yeti having been in the area (things like animal carcasses tossed high up into trees and often Yak skulls split directly in half down the front, their brains removed). Those who have claimed to have seen the Yeti like some of the area monks in the region often describe it having hair radiating from it's belly and how such a creature can move in a way that it's often hard to detect against the backdrop of the rock faces on the mountain (which also dictate the choice of coloring for the Yeti's fur as being more brown than white). Consistently the locals would describe how the Yeti was able to just blend in and disappear into the mountain like camoflauge when asked about the coloring of the creature and often times the bare rock faces are exposed in this region because of the high blowing winds revealing the brown rock formations beneath them.

The hair of the created Yeti on the attraction wanted to be believable- it's matted and if you look at the Yeti's legs you'll even see what looks like the evidence of melting snow leading to the hair being matted and almost dreadlocked and even mud crusted on its fur.

You'll mostly see the influence of the Golden Monkeys in the face of the Yeti- Golden Monkeys are usually noted for having their faces covered in hair except for an opening around their eyes and nose and their nose is adapted to the cold since it appears somewhat squished in close to the skin. A key distinguishing feature about these monkeys is their bluish skin underneath which you can see on their face around the eyes and nose and again the locals say that with the real Yeti if you have witnessed the creature is the haunting eyes so again that detail went into creating the Yeti on Everest.

Probably the biggest adaptation of the Yeti besides making the creature much larger than a Golden Monkey would be the distinctive crown shape of it's forehead- when you ask people in the region to describe the Yeti they almost all instinctively place their hands on top of their head, palms facing each other and make this almost cone shape and it's odd because this was a behavior that was echoed wherever the research teams went in the region- from village to village everyone would almost instinctively make the same sort of motion when they would meet someone who claimed to have seen the Yeti.

LADYPUP
01-22-2006, 03:10 PM
ok where are the red eyes? In the game they are red,but in the pic his eyes are blue so where are the red eyes? lol

DinoVan
01-22-2006, 04:05 PM
omg

i am going to have nightmares tonight, that thing is scary.

DinoVan
01-22-2006, 04:09 PM

sorry for double post

he is kind of small

but he is still scary

AwesomeTom
01-22-2006, 04:18 PM
Many people on this thread are saying it looks nothing like the Yeti in VMK, but it is not supposed to look like Yeti in VMK, they made it like the actual carvings and clues they could get from actual research. The Yeti in VMK is probably white because he is in the Matterhorn and the Matterhorn is ice ( pure ice ). Hope this helps.

:CastMem:

Blop
01-22-2006, 04:29 PM
OH MY GOODNESSNESS!! THAT LOOKS AWESOME!(but yet very creepy) man.. ive been waiting for soo long!! just wait.. 3 1/2 more months...... :CastMem: :CastMem: :CastMem: oh.. and if u think thats small.. it's alot bigger than u think! ( i think i heard that his leg is as big as your car) and go here to get more information http://www.wdwmagic.com/beastly.htm

Andy900
01-22-2006, 04:33 PM

How did you get the pic? The ride is not open yet!

disruler
01-22-2006, 04:35 PM
DUDE THAT's AN AMZING PIC!!!!!!!!! thx for posting everest looks like an amazing ride and can't wait i'm goin in june!!!!!
:CastMem:

DinoVan
01-22-2006, 04:46 PM
OH MY GOODNESSNESS!! THAT LOOKS AWESOME!(but yet very creepy) man.. ive been waiting for soo long!! just wait.. 3 1/2 more months...... :CastMem: :CastMem: :CastMem: oh.. and if u think thats small.. it's alot bigger than u think! ( i think i heard that his leg is as big as your car) and go here to get more information http://www.wdwmagic.com/beastly.htm

omg i thought it was small because it looks like that in the picture but as big as the car! that has got to be creepy to try and build it then like place it in the ride

Gus
01-22-2006, 05:10 PM
How did you get the pic? The ride is not open yet!
read the 2nd line it says its in forbidden mountain!!

Goldhunt
01-22-2006, 05:13 PM
That looks pretty cool. I'd hate to be in his path. Also I thought he would be more white - like lol.

Oranges
01-22-2006, 05:13 PM
Though it may not be open to the general public, people are still riding it.

smalld
01-22-2006, 07:47 PM
this ride looks cool but the yeti looks weard

astroluigi
01-22-2006, 07:51 PM
dont you know the big foot is also known as the yeti so its really the same thing just different colors

chococat
01-22-2006, 07:52 PM
i thought the yeti was supposed to be white but ok thanx for the pic

astroluigi
01-22-2006, 07:54 PM
you should read the post before you

PirateMario
01-22-2006, 07:56 PM
it looks like donkeykong!Lol and it has jimmy nuetrons hair do!LOL

TikiRoom
01-22-2006, 08:02 PM
When does it open?

smalld
01-22-2006, 08:24 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/CL_Swordsman/Yeti.jpg so this is the yeti he looks weard i thought he was going to look like a weard with red eyes

i cant waght intil i go on the ride

Swordsman
01-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Wow! Thx everyone for your replies! Over 70 posts and over 1,000 views!!!!!

Oh, and I can't reveal the source of where I got this pic.

Oranges
01-22-2006, 08:36 PM
All this information makes me want to go play Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and make my own version of EE...lol..

cryptox45
01-22-2006, 08:38 PM
All this information makes me want to go play Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and make my own version of EE...lol..

yes me to lol and btw he looks really cool.

Tallulauh
01-22-2006, 08:39 PM
Wow! That's a creepy pic! I like it though. At least I'l know what to excpect next time I go to WDW and ride the ride! Thx for posting the pic!
~Tallulauh

LaughSmile
01-22-2006, 08:43 PM
He definitely doesn't look like the VMK yeti...
brown-ish fur vs grey-sh fur. Oh well... LOL

ChrisR
01-22-2006, 08:43 PM

Yeti: grr roar grr rawr give me your mouse ears!
lol he looks like a dog/ape in away..

Swordsman
01-22-2006, 09:14 PM
I forgot to mention!

When you go past the yeti, it tries to hit your cart! It's real scary!

Cakee
01-22-2006, 09:17 PM
Yeti: grr roar grr rawr give me your mouse ears!
lol he looks like a dog/ape in away..

rofl :D

I forgot to mention!

When you go past the yeti, it tries to hit your cart! It's real scary!

Say what! :eek:
Ok, the Yeti scares me.. I'm not going alone, i need my mommy:(
oh wait, she doesn't do coasters.. my dad will protect me! ;)
They made the Yeti very good, it looks real

~Cake

FreeToBME
01-22-2006, 09:25 PM
The Yeti is supposed to be about 12 feet tall in the ride and yes he does move some and swings his arms. He is placed at the very end before you get out of the mountain. All seats on the ride have a VERY good view of him by the way :)

Oranges
01-22-2006, 09:52 PM
Watch something bad happen. Like it springs alive or something lol.

Swordsman
01-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Here is some more Ride and Yeti info I got off the site:

Due to the speed of the vehicle you ride in plus the jerkiness of the seat, you never really get a clear view of the Yeti. This enormous figure that moves so suddenly, so fluidly that you'd swear that it was a real creature. On those "ride-though" videos, all you get is a brief glimpse of a brown blur.

You can find the Yeti at the very heart of Forbidden Mountain.

That's one pretty fearsome-looking Yeti, don't you think? But wait 'til you see this thing in action. Suddenly swiping those sharp claws down at you as your train whizzes on by. Yikes!

In other Expedition Everest related news......
There might be Forbidden Mountain may soon feature climbers similar to the mountain climbers who regularly scale the slopes of Disneyland's Matterhorn.

The Climber Guy project will actually be a series of short films. Movies that are being produced expressly for the Web and will soon be used to promote DAK's new "Expedition Everest" ride.

Once this guy then learns that the Walt Disney Company has built a brand-new mountain, Climber Guy quickly packs up his gear and heads for Central Florida. He is determined to climb this new peak so that Climber Guy can still have bragging rights to say that he's scaled all of the great mountains of the world.

This series will have 12 movies, which will then be shown at these two websites:

www.everestclimberguy.com (Not Working Yet)
www.mountainclimberguy.com (Not Working Yet)

Some of these films will actually be shot on location in the village at the base of the Expedition Everest ride as well as on the slopes of Forbidden Mountain itself.

One of the funny of the series will be once Climber Guy is actually up on the mountain. The Yeti keeps stealing this guy's supplies, sabotaging his equipment, etc.

Given how fierce this creature actually looks up close, I don't assume that he'll be getting much actual face time. Maybe a few quick glimpses of just the Yeti's hands slipping into a shot to steal some food or untie the Climber Guy's shoelaces.

Hope you like this!

Oranges
01-23-2006, 12:31 AM
Do you know where you can FIND these ride-through videos?

Swordsman
01-23-2006, 12:51 AM
Do you know where you can FIND these ride-through videos?
I believe on http://distantcreations.com/insidethemagic/

Zebraa
01-23-2006, 12:51 AM
That's kinda .. creepy. Is the ride scary? lol

AwesomeTom
01-23-2006, 12:52 AM
People have been asking when the ride is coming out and the only information we know at the moment is Spring of 2006 and I believe during April or May.

skip
01-23-2006, 01:08 AM
I hear Disney is aiming for Earth Day.

-skippyskippy

EDIT: Anyone have a picture of "THE BIRD?" This supposed animatronic bird is viewable when you reach the broken track and are about to go backwards. I'm hearing that people aren't sure of the purpose for it, but it's pretty cool.

PinkTinkPixie
01-23-2006, 01:14 AM
WOW! Scary Yeti! That's definately NOT what I expected! o_0

lilcrunchycheetoz
01-23-2006, 01:18 AM
Yup...as everyone else says.."Not what I expected!!". As one Disneyland fan..I always had the image of the white Yeti and the one in the Matterhorn. Perhaps this one is his brother? :D

Prairie_Dog
01-23-2006, 02:09 AM
I'm goint to have nightmares LOL! that is cool but yet i still like the yeti vmk version better. lol

Neoteny
01-23-2006, 02:16 AM
You have to have really good timing to get a picture of the Yeti at Disneyland. Here it is:

sealy
01-23-2006, 02:31 AM
@_@ Freaky... :P

princessMegy
01-23-2006, 02:41 AM
You have to have really good timing to get a picture of the Yeti at Disneyland. Here it is:

i always get scared whenthe yeti pops out on the matterhorn and since u sit down low he looks WAY BIGGER THAN U! SCARY!!

:))):):)))))):)):):)):)):):CastMem: :xmas17: :xmas30: :xmas35: :xmas11: :xmas10: :xmas4: :xmas24: :xmas16: :minniemo:

:hug: i need a hug plz help me not to be scared!!:) lol

warner
01-23-2006, 02:55 PM
both of the Yeti's look cool, But i like the everest yeti more than the matterhorn yeti. Oh and skippskippy that does look like chewbacca.. ;) :)

Cakee
01-23-2006, 03:22 PM
Whoah Neoteny, the Yeti is freaky O_o

~Cake

RedRockingMint
01-23-2006, 03:34 PM
i though the yeti was white I saw him bang on his cottage door at matterhorn in a picture:)

DarkKnightCecil
01-23-2006, 03:43 PM
my brother said the Yeti was white

Ponchia
01-23-2006, 06:07 PM
I might want my blanky when I go on that ride...

Jolber
01-23-2006, 08:11 PM
wow cool pics of the yeti, the second pic is so strange

ViperThorne
01-23-2006, 08:13 PM
This Yeti needs a Dental Plan. 0_o;;

ChrisR
01-23-2006, 08:20 PM
don't forget this one http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/4604/abominablesnowman9gs.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Cakee
01-23-2006, 08:23 PM
The Matterhorn Yeti is scary.. and i voted for that thing O_o
Its red eyes.. ahhhh!

~Cake

ChrisR
01-23-2006, 08:24 PM
don't forget..
they are real..

sacura288
01-23-2006, 08:35 PM

gosh i had a hartattck when that popped out at me !!!11!!

Qui-gon
01-23-2006, 08:37 PM
The Yeti: Disney's Animal Kingdom Chewbacca! LOLI agree!

I think it looks cool, not scary at all. I heard there's like a 80 foot drop backwards, LOL. Can't wait till I go back. :)

Annientink
01-23-2006, 08:39 PM
I like the yeti :) He is cool! I watched the specials on the Discovery Channel about him :p

starrr16
01-23-2006, 08:52 PM
Very scary, and i'm older,lol. Neat.

xKawaii
01-23-2006, 09:17 PM
Doesn't look too friendly, eh? O_O.

WDWLinny
01-23-2006, 09:21 PM
OMG that is scary!!!!! I don't want to go on it now this weekend!!!!

Cakee
01-23-2006, 09:26 PM
.. it's hypnotising me....:@@:

~Cake

Sorsha
01-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Dudes,

Yetis are the Himalayan version of Big Foot!:xmas24:

Like polar bears, brown bears, and snowshoe rabbits, respectively :)

yes just like some foxs or minks as well their fur changes to hide from preadtors, in the spring it is their normal color but in the winter it changes to white cause of the snow so they can blend in maybe that is how this yeti is. just like MamaJo said the Yeti and Big foot are the same just we cal them Big foots and other culture call them Yeti or abominable snowman. really it is the same thing

CookieThief
01-23-2006, 09:40 PM
How alarming! How scary! I'm chilled to the bone! :eek:

AwesomeRich
01-23-2006, 10:23 PM
Cool and creepy.

smalld
01-23-2006, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=haunted mansion man]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/CL_Swordsman/Yeti.jpg

i think this is cool and i am going to rigid the ride in WDW :mickey2:

TikiRoom
01-23-2006, 11:17 PM
I never acually remebered what the Yeti on the Matterhorn looks like... LOL, I don't close my eyes! Only in the begging when his eyes are only there! Freaky...!!

Swordsman
01-24-2006, 02:06 AM
Holy wacamoly!!!!! OVER 100 POSTS AND 2,000 VIEWS! It's just a sneak peak of the yeti at WDW LOL.

Thx everyone, this has had more sucsess than any thread that has just had 1,000 views, and the thread was on for a month too!

AshaDancerr
01-24-2006, 02:17 AM
Very cool picture. Again, not what I expected, but that is probably what they were going for.

manunderwater
01-24-2006, 02:44 AM
Yeah that's already scary just wait till you hear the scream of the yeti.. -.-

fall
01-25-2006, 02:21 AM
OMG that is so ******** scary!!

Oranges
01-26-2006, 12:53 AM
The silohuette video of the Yeti is so fantastic! They made it look like he was right behind/above you (at least, this is what the on-ride video suggested).

superboomer
01-26-2006, 01:24 AM
hes hes hes.. BROWN! in the game he is white

SpottedDog
01-26-2006, 02:34 AM
Yeah, he died his fur brown to look scarier, and when he showed up to Disney, the CM did not like the way he blended in with the ice. He got a Nice Brown fur die, and even a tan.

LOL.

Cakee
01-26-2006, 03:49 PM
hes hes hes.. BROWN! in the game he is white

yes but that's the Matterhorn Yeti :)

~Cake

fall
01-26-2006, 09:34 PM
i never knew that a yeti could have laser vision

Dr.Kumquatt
01-26-2006, 11:49 PM

-skippyskippy

Yeah it does look like a wookie! Very cool, good job on posting, both of you :)

LaXJayTee
02-05-2006, 06:21 AM
woah! that's crazy, it looks way different than the Yeti in the Matterhorn. This one makes the Disneyland Yeti look funny.

DisneyFreakMatt
02-05-2006, 06:32 AM
This is an Actual Picyure on the ride??

FantasyMickey
02-05-2006, 08:44 PM
The Yeti is awesome!
But he looks alot friendler in VMK

WisePrncessSophie
02-07-2006, 08:00 AM
Wow... Thanks for posting this Yeti, Swordsman!
(Unfortunately, I'm just about to go to bed, and I agree with others that this picture is a bit scary! I feel creeped just looking at the way his rough fur seems to be flying back, as if he's hanging in the cave of a windy mountain.

VMK Yeti = nicely combed white fur and VMK's Favorite NPC. Although he does throw snowballs, I feel that VMK Yeti is ever-so-innocently about to offer us some popsicles.

AK Yeti = *shivers*

...And what big claws/paws/nails he has. Yipes.)

I can't wait to go on the ride in AK. Thanks again for the great image of this new Yeti, however scary he may be.

:princess: WisePrncessSophie

Gotsumgame
02-07-2006, 08:11 AM
Thats where my grandpa has been hiding out! So fuzzy!

wonderfulmapu
02-12-2006, 09:29 PM
Wow! The yeti looks so creepy! Have you been on the ride?

godzilla2005
02-14-2006, 12:12 AM
that looks like my cat! :uglyhamme

Swordsman
02-14-2006, 12:44 AM
The discussion comtinues.....

PinPoint
02-16-2006, 12:05 AM
I went on Expedition Everest ( I call it "The Yeti Ride" ) and it was so fun!!!!!
I almost wet myself!!!!! jk It is soooooooo Scary but fun!!!!!!!!!!
It is faster than space mountain ( WDW Janitor said otherwize ) I feel srry for all the happy little snowmen who go on Yeti's turf...

SNOWMAN 1: omg!!!!!!!
SNOWMAN 2: omg indeed!!!!!!
SNOWMAN 1: whats the Yeti doing here?!?!
SNOWMAN 2: idk...
SNOWMAN 2: Oh Wait!!! He Is Comeing toward us!!!!
SNOWMAN 1: We're ganna die!!!!!!!!!!!!
SNOWMAN 2: i don't say this often but... I Love You!
SNOWMAN 1: GROSS!!!! You sicko!!!!!
SNOWMAN 2: I meen like a.... brother.
SNOWMAN 1: Oh. I love you too!
SNOWMAN 2: Please Yeti.... Don't Kill Me!!!!!!!
SNOWMAN 1: Kill me instead!!!!!
YETI: Can It You Idiots! I'm not going to kill you! I'm on a coffee break!!

KrazyDopey
02-16-2006, 02:13 AM
looks more like close cousin big foot, i thought the fur was white lol

Oathkeeper
02-16-2006, 06:34 AM
Okay, Disney World might have a bigger castle and a bigger yeti than our's at Disneyland, BUT, does its yeti have flashing red eyes? I think not!

PinPoint
02-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Okay, Disney World might have a bigger castle and a bigger yeti than our's at Disneyland, BUT, does its yeti have flashing red eyes? I think not!
But does your Yeti have advanced animatronics? Does swipe his claws at the cart? Does yours make you wet yourself? Ours has it all! jk Just playing.
I don't want to start anything. :hug:

amberfreak
02-17-2006, 07:53 PM
Who!thats one scarey yeti!

Athena
02-18-2006, 05:56 PM
Wow! Very cool design.

ZortheraCrathTheAliens
02-18-2006, 06:11 PM
1 yeti's brown and the others white... well i dont like the red eyes on matterhorn 1 and the other is just plain --- FREAKY!

ZortheraCrathTheAliens
02-18-2006, 06:12 PM
oi, they both look strange. MAkE IT STOP!

CaptainHilts
02-25-2006, 08:35 PM
actually i seen the expedition everest yeti already infact..i rode the ride! there was no jerkyness on the ride when the yeti appears though you are going a stop-and-Go. to see how to go on the Expedition Everest ride check my home page called: The ultimate Expedition Everest experience. :xmas33:

Softball_atTheDisco
02-25-2006, 08:36 PM
it is not white

riccio13
02-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Whoah! That's a fierce looking animal/thing, look at his teeth the are HUGE!! LOL

SapphireSkye
02-25-2006, 11:09 PM
that is the coolest dude yet on any of the rides LOL woot woot Go Yeti !!

Peachblush
02-26-2006, 01:16 AM
That is kinda scary

RedRockingMint
02-26-2006, 01:17 AM
is he real?

Swordsman
02-26-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread was awakened again!? LOL....
It's real alright.