View Full Version : Why not help stop the problem?!?!

wdwmagic
01-20-2006, 08:11 PM
Well right now one of my posts way unexpectidly deleted from a thread. I have no idea what i did (because i am sure it was nothing) but i think the mods should pm you about what you did wrong. . cause then you will know what you did wrong and not the same mistake again. . .i mean that would be the best for the fourm (wouldn't it) . .

CookieThief
01-20-2006, 08:15 PM
. . .i mean that would be the best for the fourm (wouldn't it) . .

Nope. The Mods know best.

wdwmagic
01-20-2006, 08:17 PM
please read my entire post. . i am not saying i know best

what i am saying is do you not think telling us what our mistake was / why our post was deleted would help us not make the mistake again . . causeing the fourns to be better???

Tallulauh
01-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Wouldn't fight the mods if I were you. They have POWERS that we peasants can't control. lol

wdwmagic
01-20-2006, 08:19 PM
i am not fighting them . . i think thwy should tell us why are posts are deleted. . because i have no idea what i did wrong. . so i will never be able to fix my mistake

SleepyPiglet
01-20-2006, 08:22 PM
It could be maybe it was off topic, not appropriate, pointless...

wdwmagic
01-20-2006, 08:24 PM
no . . it was on topic and was answering the question the person was asking about . . i jsut do not know what was wrong with my post. .guess i never will . .

GreatGatsby
01-20-2006, 08:30 PM
I'm closing this thread for a couple of reasons.

First of all, the deletion of a post is a matter between you and the Moderators. I will quote the forum rules:Moderators and administrators of these sites monitor your compliance with the rules of the site and dispense disciplinary action at their discretion. Disciplinary decisions may be appealed through the Appeal Procedure. All Appeals should be kept in PM's and/or e-mail correspondence and should not be publicly posted. If you have concerns regarding in incident, please feel free to discuss the matter with them via an e-mail or PM. Do not create a new topic simply for the purposes of questioning a moderator's decision. If you wish to break this rule by posting a troll against the Moderators, what's to stop us from airing any and all warnings we've given you previously? That's why the rule is there.

Second, this is not feedback; it's a rant. It belongs in the rant area, if it weren't for the fact it broke the aforemensioned rule.

Third, please don't try to claim (in more than one thread, no less) that you "did nothing wrong." You need to save that for the VMK staff, as they won't bother to answer. Here, you're more likely to get your dirty laundry aired in front of everybody on the site, in as an embarassing manner as we can think up.

Remember the old phrase: people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Read it, learn it, live it.

Meanwhile, if you have a question about a deletion, follow the rule you agreed to and PM a Moderator. But I'll give you a hint: I'm not the one who deleted it.

SpinMarty
01-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Although we would like to reply to everyone as to why we move/edit/delete/etc. posts, the sheer number that is dealt with on a daily basis makes that nearly impossible.

If you are referring to the Saluke job description one I was the one who deleted it per reason: Advertising. Should people wish to look that info up themselves, that is their choice but we don't advertise for jobs here.

"Advertising" - Whether for personal gain or for private use, personal web sites, personal message boards, user created IRC channels and chat rooms which are not endorsed by Toontowncentral.com or VMKForums.com are not to be posted anywhere in threads (This also applies to all forums, threads, posts, private messages, userpages, profiles, avatars and signatures.), chat rooms or in IRC as we are unable to maintain the level of their content, which may or may not be suitable for children. You may, however, direct members to look at your profile and/or PM ONLY your friends if you wish to share this information with them. If you participate in mass PMing people you don't know, we will consider this spamming (see under Spamming"). Profiles may be checked for content periodically & if deemed inappropriate will be removed and will be dealt with on a case by case basis.

If you are referring to another post/thread then you need to PM a mod and they can look into it further (if nothing else other than to whom you shodl direct your question.)

No offense meant, just cleaning up the forums.

SpinMarty - VMK Forums Moderator

EDIT: GG posted just before I did!