View Full Version : My thread has been deleted??!!

SummerInFL
01-02-2006, 06:08 AM
I made a post with some helpful information for the people who frequent these boards. While I think I may have steped on some toes because the information was already listed I was just trying to be helpful.

I really enjoy this game and I found this site and I thought it would be a great place to talk with other people and share what knowledge we have with one another.

I created a page for help with the hidden mickeys including pictures only to come back and find out that the entire thing was deleted.

Now I apologize if I did anything wrong as that wasn't my intention but it doesn't come across very polite to a new person just trying to feel her way around.

Now I am torn as to whether or not I would feel comfortable posting anything, for fear of backlash from people. I would think you would be open to anyone who is trying to contribute. I only post this because I think it was very judgmental what was done and if I did something wrong unknowingly you could of at least had the decency to tell me in a PM or something.

I hope you all have a fabulously good year and if you knew me you would know I'm not an ogre or something but a very friendly and open person. :)

Sincerely,

SummerInFL

Danola
01-02-2006, 06:11 AM
Yet another prime example of why to use the search button. Make it your friend, it is lonely.
Your thread might have been moved to the secrets of vmk, did you check there?

SummerInFL
01-02-2006, 06:12 AM
Yet another prime example of why to use the search button. Make it your friend, it is lonely.

Trust me I will never make the mistake again. LOL

No, I did a search for any posts made by me and outside of this new thread its completely gone.

Danola
01-02-2006, 06:14 AM
Trust me I will never make the mistake again. LOLHappens to the best of us, lol. Everybody has made a thread without searching to find one has been already made, just don't worry about it too much :) I am sure nobody is mad at you.
No, I did a search for any posts made by me and outside of this new thread its completely gone.
Maybe it was merged with an existing hidden mickey thread.

SummerInFL
01-02-2006, 06:17 AM
LOL Alright, I will take your word for it then. Thanks for some more insight Danola. :)

Have a great night!

Danola
01-02-2006, 06:18 AM
LOL Alright, I will take your word for it then. Thanks for some more insight Danola. :)

Have a great night!
Any time lol, you too.
Also I checked you profile and found your little hidden mickey website, this should help me with the quest myself. Thanks for making that, I will finally have the quest done myself LOL.

GBShorts
01-02-2006, 06:20 AM
I'm not sure who moved it out but it's likely because a virtually identical thread exists in our Secrets of VMK user group forum.

Anyone can join it.

We don't, however, allow "spoilers" out in the open any more. I actually moved your thead to the secrets of VMK before it was removed to see what the other mods wanted to do with it.

Sorry about any confusion. If you'd like a copy of your post, let me know. I can get it for you.

SummerInFL
01-02-2006, 06:22 AM
I'm not sure who moved it out but it's likely because a virtually identical thread exists in our Secrets of VMK user group forum.

Anyone can join it.

We don't, however, allow "spoilers" out in the open any more. I actually moved your thead to the secrets of VMK before it was removed to see what the other mods wanted to do with it.

Sorry about any confusion. If you'd like a copy of your post, let me know. I can get it for you.

No that's alright, I appreciate the response, just wanted to know what happened. :)

Batleth
01-02-2006, 06:28 AM
I made a post with some helpful information for the people who frequent these boards. While I think I may have steped on some toes because the information was already listed I was just trying to be helpful.

I really enjoy this game and I found this site and I thought it would be a great place to talk with other people and share what knowledge we have with one another.

I created a page for help with the hidden mickeys including pictures only to come back and find out that the entire thing was deleted.

Now I apologize if I did anything wrong as that wasn't my intention but it doesn't come across very polite to a new person just trying to feel her way around.

Now I am torn as to whether or not I would feel comfortable posting anything, for fear of backlash from people. I would think you would be open to anyone who is trying to contribute. I only post this because I think it was very judgmental what was done and if I did something wrong unknowingly you could of at least had the decency to tell me in a PM or something.

I hope you all have a fabulously good year and if you knew me you would know I'm not an ogre or something but a very friendly and open person. :)

Sincerely,

SummerInFLYour thread was deleted because:

1. Duplicate thread / Spam
2. Advertising personal website with a link in your first post to that thread.

I'm sorry a PM wasn't sent to you about this, but we can't really take the time to send a PM for every mod actions that we take or we'd never have the time to fullfill our duties here.

For more information on our Policies please refer to this link: http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/announcement.php?f=3 (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/announcement.php?f=3)

Also please take note on the one about personal information.

Danola
01-02-2006, 06:36 AM
Atleast we have friendly mods here :).
Sorry I couldnt help more in my posts.

soccerkidtlk
01-13-2006, 01:51 AM
This has happened to me just today just because my topic got switched to something that i wasnt even trying to put across as a point !

GBShorts
01-13-2006, 01:56 AM
This has happened to me just today just because my topic got switched to something that i wasnt even trying to put across as a point !

Yeah. It was banned because we don't allow the taken boy/girl discussion thing to take place here.

You're beating a horse that's been dead for months now. No amount of ranting here is going to change things in the game. If you have a problem with it, send a message to VMK itself instead of ranting here...we can't change it.