View Full Version : Something Very Important

Gus
01-02-2006, 01:28 AM
I have something very very very important for the "Life"of your VMK Character:
NEVERTalk about the FansiteIn VMK.It's part of giving out personal info,because fan site say your old,brith,email things ,etc...So,for safety,dont talk about fan site in VMK;)

JayTee5
01-02-2006, 01:38 AM
I think this is posted some where else

Gus
01-02-2006, 01:43 AM
is?sorry...again...WHY EVERYONE THINK I CPOPY THEIR THREADS AND WHY EVERYONE COPY MY THREADS?

wdwmagic
01-02-2006, 01:57 AM
yea. . i learned the hard way and got a ban for it . . so now i can not be a community leader

Armygrl
01-02-2006, 02:23 AM
I have something very very very important for the "Life"of your VMK Character:
NEVERTalk about the FansiteIn VMK.It's part of giving out personal info,because fan site say your old,brith,email things ,etc...So,for safety,dont talk about fan site in VMK;)
Uh.. dude? YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE THAT STUFF IN YOUR INFORMATION. So technically if you got that stuff in your info that is already giving out personal info. Saying you're on the fan site is nothing unless you say ur user title.

FantasyMickey
01-02-2006, 06:44 AM
yea you can talk about the fan site just be careful what you say. some people decide not to give out personal information on the site

spot41414
01-02-2006, 06:51 AM
very very true

Gus
01-02-2006, 12:27 PM
Uh.. dude? YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE THAT STUFF IN YOUR INFORMATION. So technically if you got that stuff in your info that is already giving out personal info. Saying you're on the fan site is nothing unless you say ur user title.
Armygirl,you dont understand,yes,tank ablut Fan site in VMKIs part of giving personal info!!!

madmabsonvmk
01-02-2006, 12:42 PM
i think you need to get your spelling sorted out because i can't understand you words like what does tank ablut mean ??

Gus
01-02-2006, 01:07 PM
tank ablut????

madmabsonvmk
01-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Armygirl,you dont understand,yes,tank ablut Fan site in VMKIs part of giving personal info!!!
look you wrote tank ablut

ChrisR
01-02-2006, 01:28 PM
so? she misplaced the letters, i am not looking at thid do i nighty yie soam, looks off dfon;r ir? ( i am not looking at this so it might look like spam. looks odd don't it?)

DCSMickeyMan
01-05-2006, 02:28 AM
I've talked about the fan site many times on VMK, and never had any problems, i think you just don't need to say something that could lead someone to your personal info, such as:

"Check The VMK Fan Site To See How Many Ears I Am"

See, that would be considered giving out personal info. Referring to having another site showing how old you are, your location, and/or your telephone number would be giving out personal info.

Hope i cleared something up :)

Smoop
01-05-2006, 02:42 AM
Actually DCS, I spoke with a some staff about talking about the whole "fan site" thing. They actually don't like it. True, you're not giving out any info but it is a thin border line. People can talk in PMs or put stuff in their profile. That is why they don't like it. Anything that is not moderated is NOT allowed. You can't even say Neopets in VMK and they have the SAME values (no real names, age, phone number, email address, messager ids.. etc).

DCSMickeyMan
01-05-2006, 03:22 AM
Well, i just don't see why it's a problem. It's not like people just commonly discussing something about the VMKForums are doing anything wrong, it's just my personal opinion

Gus
01-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Hey!!!Many CLs_ say staffs said to them about say about the fan site in VMK is out values,so your against the staffs?

KoolKylie
01-05-2006, 02:32 PM
I've been banned for talking about the fan site and so have many of my friends.... So don't do it!! lol. ;)

melizza
01-05-2006, 02:36 PM
it is really best and safest to not mention the fansite in VMK. As Smoop said "there is a thin borderline". As you may notice most usernames of members of the forums are the same or almost the same as their vmk title, also we have that vmk title description in our vmkforum profile. so if someone even just say they are a fansite member or have that in their signature in the game, there is pretty much an open door to track that person here in the forums. share of personal info then comes next.

so its a bad idea to mention the fansite. and we all know how tight the staff are.

take what Gugusabido advices.

just my opinion. :)

Gus
01-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Melizza,you said this thread i make is good or bad?

melizza
01-05-2006, 02:39 PM
Melizza,you said this thread i make is good or bad?

its good. its a great pointer for everybody to remember if they dont want a ban.

Gus
01-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Thank you:)