View Full Version : New Newsletter 12/30 (MERGED)

AwesomeAsha
12-30-2005, 08:46 PM
IMPORTANT REMINDER FOR ALL VMK FORUMS MEMBERS:

Even though we are allowed to voice our opinion lets please remember the Forums policy and refrain from Flaming another person or disrespecting them.I hope everyone is able to enjoy the debate here are the Threads we have set up for Discussion

If you want to support the bear rugs, join the discussion Here (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32806&)
If you are against the bear rugs, Create a New thread, and PM Mr.Lunatix- the other Thread was Trashed and completely OffTopic. Remember to only post there if your AGAINST The Bear Rug. Thx
If you want to vote in the vmkforums poll over the debate click Here (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32771&)

Thank you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cute or boot?
Should the Bear Rug have a permanent home in VMK, or should it disappear, never to be seen again? You tell us.

Between Saturday December 31 and Monday January 2, stop by specially-labeled staff rooms throughout VMK to see the Bear Rug and decide for yourself. Then, stop by the Emporium and check out the Specials. If you want to Vote, buy the shirt that matches your sentiments: Bear Rug - CUTE or Bear Rug - BOOT

Want to campaign for your point of view? Here are some suggested activities:

Wear your shirt proudly all weekend.
Step into the spotlight on the stage of the Mark Twain Riverboat and proclaim your position.
Create a debate room and invite Players to join the discussion.
Stand in the middle of the Frontierland Hub (or any other public space in VMK) and discuss the topic with others.

The shirt sales will be tallied after closing on Monday, and the results announced in the next Newsletter. If the Cute vote wins, the Bear Rug will go on sale next week. If the Boot vote wins, the Bear Rug goes into permanent hibernation.

Alexander
12-30-2005, 08:48 PM
Between December 31 and January 2, YOU will have a chance of telling if the Bear Rug will be a perminate item or not. During this time, you must visit HOST guest rooms displaying the Bear Rug. Then, you go to the Emporium and buy a shirt telling if you like the rug or not.

IF ENOUGH PEOPLE LIKE THE RUG, IT WILL GO ON SALE STARTING THE NEXT WEEK.

If not a lot of people like the rug, it won't be on sale at all.

More detailed information can be found in the newsletter update.

AshleyM
12-30-2005, 08:48 PM
Awesome! Nice find! I hope it goes on sale.

mrskellington
12-30-2005, 08:51 PM
ok, I see hundreds of posts on this :) good find though!

Appleson
12-30-2005, 08:53 PM
i'll vote for yes just as long no real bears were harmed in the process :)

jamielan
12-30-2005, 08:54 PM
oh ok thanks for the info

Appleson
12-30-2005, 08:55 PM
i'm only voting cute if no real virtual bears were harmed in the process

Qui-gon
12-30-2005, 08:55 PM
Sounds like fun. I hope it stays! I have been waiting for this for awile now! But the only bad thing: Wear your shirt proudly all weekend.

Step into the spotlight on the stage of the Mark Twain Riverboat and proclaim your position.

Create a debate room and invite Players to join the discussion.

Stand in the middle of the Frontierland Hub (or any other public space in VMK) and discuss the topic with others.

Riot!

~Q/S

Schmoofy
12-30-2005, 09:08 PM
And I thought the staff doesnt support cute or boot? Silly me...

SleepyPiglet
12-30-2005, 09:08 PM
This event sounds really cool :) I hope it goes on sale. It's the perfect center piece for my room ;)

Adventurebry
12-30-2005, 09:09 PM
Vote CUTE lol if real bears were hurt i would say BOOT but no so i say CUTE lol. Thanks for posting this.

coolgogogirl
12-30-2005, 09:10 PM
And I thought the staff doesnt support cute or boot? Silly me...
true, It seems weird for VMK to support this with an event...

-coolgogogirl

MrGenie
12-30-2005, 09:10 PM
This feels like a non-event to me; it's hard to imagine more than a handful of people would vote against having any new item, bear rug or otherwise. Maybe the VMK lawyers are just worried about PETA. :)

And I thought the staff doesnt support cute or boot? Silly me...To the best of my knowledge, VMK Staff has never cracked down on Cute or Boot or even said there is anything wrong with it. They have actually defended this activity by saying you can choose to look however you want in VMK, and a room owner can boot someone for any reason. That being said, I don't recall a Cute or Boot room ever winning BGR before!

PirateTod
12-30-2005, 09:11 PM
Now I Have Seen The bear rug And I Have plans For Them So I Want them In Stores

gotsrvd
12-30-2005, 09:20 PM
I think the rug should go on sale.

zizema
12-30-2005, 09:25 PM
I want that it would go great in my room :)

Juneau
12-30-2005, 09:30 PM
As soon as I read this on the over at vmk.com, well I had a crazy thought:

"WHY would people say NO to a new item? Are they mad? Who will buy a "no" teeshirt? WHO!? *laughs to self* I could buy one because they will be really rare if I'm the only person to buy one...no that'll count as a vote against it...oh well..."

"Vote Yes On Prop. 134312" (notice that 13 4 3 12 is the way to write bear using numbers)

Gus
12-30-2005, 09:37 PM
How i want some new stuff,i go vote CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!

Shanaroonie
12-30-2005, 09:38 PM
im working on a debate room everybody! come on by when it is done!

XDisneyphileX
12-30-2005, 09:40 PM
I wonder if we will be informed whether or not the "bear" rug is made from synthetic materials; I certainly don't want a dead bear in my room.

Middiebear
12-30-2005, 09:43 PM
I still don't think that this "event" has enough incentive for people to log on and participate in this event...

I'm surprised that they're doing another "Voting" event, after "attendance" in the "park" during that event dipped to a record event low...

Dudetteroxs
12-30-2005, 09:45 PM
This made me laugh. They are possibly making fun of Cute or Boot. That is hilarious. Plus, I need another animal in my room!

AceLollipop
12-30-2005, 09:52 PM
That's different. I'd like to see what everyone thinks on the bear rug.

RikuBlade
12-30-2005, 09:59 PM
Clearly folks, we should say NO to new items....

sofunjazzie
12-30-2005, 10:01 PM
will this be the new year's event?

Doodle
12-30-2005, 10:04 PM
Obviously I'm in the minority here, I'm voting "no."

I've seen it before and just found it very disturbing to look at, let alone stand on

I know it'll be approved (based on this thread), I just won't buy one :)

Silentkid
12-30-2005, 10:17 PM
LOL,you know he they said cute or boot?Thats funny usually people hate Cute and boot.And i am laughing when saying this "A cute and boot that staff will love" LOL

New update!:
Vegetarians rage of bear rug!Lol

carlyiscoolio
12-30-2005, 10:22 PM
I think it is cute. Also I just realized the date.

I will be gone from the 31st to the 5th in Calafornia going to the Rose Bowl. I was wondering if it was a special shirt, someone buy me one that symbolizes that the bear rug is cute.

Mystical.Ace
12-30-2005, 10:23 PM
Obviously I'm in the minority here, I'm voting "no."

I've seen it before and just found it very disturbing to look at, let alone stand on

I know it'll be approved (based on this thread), I just won't buy one :)

Based on this thread it will be approved, but i do agree with Doodle it was not a nice sight to see when it was posted here on the forums.

But my opinion is to vote cute, because sure the bear rug in my opinion is not very nice but all the animal lovers out there think about the others that want one just let them get a new item no one is making you buy it. Why would we want a new item that the staff must have worked hard on go to waste?

So well thats my thought on it, no real bears were hurt in the process so why not vote yes. It would be kind of a weird feeling to let a new item go to waste. And i have seen the excitment about it and i wouldnt want to see alot of ppl with there feelings hurt cause the item they wanted was lost.
-Ace

Doodle
12-30-2005, 10:26 PM
But my opinion is to vote cute, because sure the bear rug in my opinion is not very nice but all the animal lovers out there think about the others that want one just let them get a new item no one is making you buy it. Why would we want a new item that the staff must have worked hard on go to waste?

It would be kind of a weird feeling to let a new item go to waste. And i have seen the excitment about it and i wouldnt want to see alot of ppl with there feelings hurt cause the item they wanted was lost.
-Ace

Very true Ace. Very true.

In light of this recent argument, I retract my no vote and plan to abstain entirely! :xmas10:
You're right that their hard work to develop and create a new item should not just be blown off.:CastMem:

JeannieV
12-30-2005, 10:32 PM
I would love to see a new item, but the rug makes me think of one of the bears from Brother Bear being skinned.

But since I think it will end up on sale, I will pretend it is a stuffed animal.

(Gaston would like it huh) :) Can have a vmk ZOo with it, hippos, fish in water tank and other little creatures.

Menerva
12-30-2005, 10:57 PM
Besides the vote on the bear rug, will there be anything new in stores this weekend?
:xmas10:

Curieux
12-30-2005, 11:24 PM
Does anyone actually have a photo of this bear rug? I see people claiming they've seen it, when it's not even being "released", so they say, until tomorrow. If anyone was actually thinking, they could have taken a screen shot. lol.. I'm only asking because it really depends on what the bear rug (possibly a dead bear ;)) looks like on whether to cute it or boot it.

I agree, I'd probably just vote cute so that people who want it could have it, I just was wondering how people could have made decisions without really seeing it. Will I have to wait until tomorrow, then? :CastMem:

Signalcorps
12-30-2005, 11:29 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/SoarinSoarin/BearRug.jpg

In case anyone was wondering what the bear rug looks like here is a screen shot of it. Source: SoarinSoarin.Yavn News 10/24/05 (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17447)

Mystical.Ace
12-30-2005, 11:32 PM
Does anyone actually have a photo of this bear rug? I see people claiming they've seen it, when it's not even being "released", so they say, until tomorrow. If anyone was actually thinking, they could have taken a screen shot. lol.. I'm only asking because it really depends on what the bear rug (possibly a dead bear ;)) looks like on whether to cute it or boot it.

I agree, I'd probably just vote cute so that people who want it could have it, I just was wondering how people could have made decisions without really seeing it. Will I have to wait until tomorrow, then? :CastMem:

Well good point Curieux, some ppl have made decisions without really seeing it. But most members on the vmkforums saw it a long time ago when someone took a screen shot of it in yavn's room, i would post the picture of it for you but i have already searched the forums but it was no where to be found. Most ppl are stating there opinion against it because lots of us were upset when we saw it. But for now i agree we just have to wait :)
-Ace

lilcrunchycheetoz
12-31-2005, 12:11 AM
Seems like a pretty good idea to get more people involved...but I worry that it can get out of hand. Cute or Boot? Man...that is weird. And I thought VMK wasn't into this mini-game. I do hope it will come out in stores. I LOVE new stuff. :D

witchesrock
12-31-2005, 01:08 AM
It's so funny that they said Cute or Boot! They know ;)

Curieux
12-31-2005, 01:51 AM
In case anyone was wondering what the bear rug looks like here is a screen shot of it. Source: SoarinSoarin.Yavn News 10/24/05 (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17447)

Thank you for reposting this picture, now I actually know what it will looking like. Oh look, it's smiling! It's happy to be a rug - it never needs to eat or drink now! :goofy: aww..

Well good point Curieux, some ppl have made decisions without really seeing it. But most members on the vmkforums saw it a long time ago when someone took a screen shot of it in yavn's room, i would post the picture of it for you but i have already searched the forums but it was no where to be found. Most ppl are stating there opinion against it because lots of us were upset when we saw it. But for now i agree we just have to wait
-Ace

yeah, it's looks ok. The fact that it's smiling is a plus. ;) I think, according to that screenshot, I'll vote "cute" so that others who want it can enjoy, and because it's not a disturbing site of the thing with its mouth open and bare-ing(sp?) its teeth. lol..

MissAmber
12-31-2005, 02:13 AM
Lol this sounds fun!

qwerta
12-31-2005, 02:26 AM
what is the bear rug i dont get it

Haydenfan
12-31-2005, 02:42 AM
This event sounds really cool :) I hope it goes on sale. It's the perfect center piece for my room ;)It would be for mine too ,I don't get it why some ppl say boot,I meen it isn't a real bear ppl! Virtual life is way diffrent from real life.

-HCL

katgal
12-31-2005, 04:34 AM
there's no more shirts!

Curieux
12-31-2005, 09:52 AM
there's no more shirts!

No more shirts? It starts TODAY and VMK is not even open yet. No worries.:xmas4:
(short post?)

Poseidon
12-31-2005, 05:35 PM
Heh, this is the most interesting event I've ever seen!

I'm for sure voting Cute, as it would go good in my Briar Patch room which I have no idea what to do with.

You Know Im Cute 124
12-31-2005, 05:54 PM
I think it should stay

awsomeprincessace
12-31-2005, 09:16 PM
Vote Cute! for bear

katiiebabiie_ox
01-01-2006, 03:34 PM
i want it to stay foreva that rug is rare really rare i probaly dont even have enough for it LOL so plz keep it tank yu :)

katiiebabiie_ox
01-01-2006, 03:38 PM
i think cute bc it is so cute and its a bear one of my second fav animals so plz let it stay!!! plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz :) he or she is sooooooooooo cute lol i luv bears!!!!!!!!!!!! so.......................i pick cute!!!!!!!!!!!

BadPete
01-01-2006, 04:46 PM
i am all for digital bears in any form! i want the rug. i wish they would have made it easier to know that your vote has been tallied though. i went to steamboat but no form of confirmation that my vote counted :(

bobtheadventurer
01-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Between December 31 and January 2, YOU will have a chance of telling if the Bear Rug will be a perminate item or not. During this time, you must visit HOST guest rooms displaying the Bear Rug. Then, you go to the Emporium and buy a shirt telling if you like the rug or not.

IF ENOUGH PEOPLE LIKE THE RUG, IT WILL GO ON SALE STARTING THE NEXT WEEK.

If not a lot of people like the rug, it won't be on sale at all.

More detailed information can be found in the newsletter update.
umm...
you worded this wrong. You said we must visit HOST rooms

Poseidon
01-01-2006, 11:54 PM
I'm not sure, did they say when the results will be posted?

witchesrock
01-02-2006, 01:04 AM
"In the next newsletter" the newsletter said. "After Monday"

PirateGirlRocks
01-03-2006, 08:37 PM
The Bear Rug is a rug made out of a bear (or a fake bear) that represents that it is dead. It symbolizes the killing of an animal. Why display that to growing children? To teach them to kill innocent animals and then display them as furniture? Do we want kids who grow up with the beloved Disney animal-characters, only to slaughter them when they get older?

I understand if people think that bears are cute. I do. Why show them dead, when they stop being cute?

I hope the rug gets the boot

:xmas5: Boot the Bear!:xmas5:

AliceInVMK
01-03-2006, 10:55 PM
Animals are killed all the time in Disney films. Bambi, anyone?

The rug doesn't shout out "Go kill animals!", it won't scar kids for life, and children certainly WON'T "slaughter" animals when they get older just because of a virtual bear rug.