View Full Version : I need help with my room

Kaironzet
07-24-2005, 04:00 AM
First I would like if you like it or not, afterwards, could you give me ideas on what to do with it??

Oh and I forgot.....Thx to all of those who say they like my room! I really mean it(If I had to go saying thx to each one that says he likes it I would be spamming)

Danola
07-24-2005, 04:03 AM
First I would like if you like it or not, afterwards, could you give me ideas on what to do with it??
I like it :)

LordIllidan
07-24-2005, 05:02 AM
use it for a game show

xfan342
07-24-2005, 05:37 AM
We can Do Like A What's Not Right In the Picture Thing, If you look closely All The Chairs Are Blue Except One Red one!

LordIllidan
07-24-2005, 05:48 AM
We can Do Like A What's Not Right In the Picture Thing, If you look closely All The Chairs Are Blue Except One Red one!
how come on the aforementioned red chair one armrest is blue and the other red?

Danola
07-24-2005, 05:55 AM
how come on the aforementioned red chair one armrest is blue and the other red?
because that side of the chair is overlapped by the other chair to give it that movie theator look :)

LordIllidan
07-24-2005, 06:45 AM
that is still a funny bug

lol nothings perfect, esp if its free

but i am nothing, so im perfect

prisoner
07-24-2005, 12:57 PM
First I would like if you like it or not,

That is a very very cool looking room. Kudos!

But let me point out a few issues you might have with it:
You will never be able to fill the seats to capacity - you have over twice as many seats as they let in a room at a time.
Your seat is wide open. This means that anytime you control some of the ride operator tools (open and close the turnstile, adjust the score boards) you will be moving around.
Anyone can operate the scoreboard by clicking on it. You, the players, other viewers randomly walking around who get close to it. Depending on what you want to do with it, this may be undesirable.
It may also be moot - there is a bug (which may or may not have been fixed, I'm not sure) where some people couldn't see the lights some of the time.
People can access the stage uncontrolled. So its great if you think people will stay in their chairs, but could be a problem if people don't.

Now, these may not be critical to you and what you're doing with the room - and if so, great! But keep them in mind.

(Edit: I see from another thread (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=38484#post38484) that you are trying to address some of these issues.)

afterwards, could you give me ideas on what to do with it??

This was the "build it and the idea will come" concept? {:

Clearly you have it setup for a game show of some sort, yes? Are you asking if you should do a trivia game vs some other sort of game? Given the theming (skull rock, pirate decorations, your pirate costume) I think a game that was pirate themed would also be in order here. Possibly require everyone to talk like a pirate when answering? (Ooo! Pirate Jeopardy!)

As I say many places - come up with a story, then mold your game to be a good telling of that story.

Kaironzet
07-24-2005, 02:43 PM
That is a very very cool looking room. Kudos!

But let me point out a few issues you might have with it:
You will never be able to fill the seats to capacity - you have over twice as many seats as they let in a room at a time.
Your seat is wide open. This means that anytime you control some of the ride operator tools (open and close the turnstile, adjust the score boards) you will be moving around.
Anyone can operate the scoreboard by clicking on it. You, the players, other viewers randomly walking around who get close to it. Depending on what you want to do with it, this may be undesirable.
It may also be moot - there is a bug (which may or may not have been fixed, I'm not sure) where some people couldn't see the lights some of the time.
People can access the stage uncontrolled. So its great if you think people will stay in their chairs, but could be a problem if people don't.

Now, these may not be critical to you and what you're doing with the room - and if so, great! But keep them in mind.

(Edit: I see from another thread (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=38484#post38484) that you are trying to address some of these issues.)

This was the "build it and the idea will come" concept? {:

Clearly you have it setup for a game show of some sort, yes? Are you asking if you should do a trivia game vs some other sort of game? Given the theming (skull rock, pirate decorations, your pirate costume) I think a game that was pirate themed would also be in order here. Possibly require everyone to talk like a pirate when answering? (Ooo! Pirate Jeopardy!)

As I say many places - come up with a story, then mold your game to be a good telling of that story.

Thank you a lot for your comments, I thought about the turnstile thing, the ppl getting into the stage, the capacity and the scoreboards.

I've be thinking what to do with some of the things-

1st. The capacity I don't really mind it. The large amount of seats makes the room look cooler. If I take out the ones that are not needed I think it will stop looking the cool way it looks.
2nd. I'm thinking of enclosing my seat area with Velvet-Rope Dividers. ;)
3rd. I will close the seats area with the same dividers, preventing ppl to go to the stage and change the scoreboards. And for the players, if they change it, I will take it again to it's normail point. If a player continues to bug me with the scoreboard he'll face the boot hehe.
4th. Nobody in my room had problems with the lights.
5th. Same as third.

Thanks a lot, your comments were very useful!

thegoof
07-24-2005, 11:53 PM
Prisoner made a good point in his first comment. If it is at capacity it will look empty and people will probably leave because it LOOKS like nothing is happening and that is not a good thing. You have 41 :eek: chairs and only 16 people allowed thin it down a little.