View Full Version : Disneyland Trip - Question

Supercharged
12-24-2005, 03:59 AM
Hey all,

I'm going to Disneyland real soon (last time I went was 3 days before VMK Central opened -.-), and I want to make sure I have everything to get the most out of my visit...

I have...
-Bracelet Code
-VIP Insider Tour
-Tomarrow Land Quest
-Printout of All Quest ANswers

Is there anythign else I should try to get? Thanks.

LOCA_gato
12-24-2005, 04:25 AM
you need holiday quest

acemickey
12-24-2005, 04:27 AM
find out all the items that you need to "buy" to get extra codes - for example a gold hat at madhatters, pin at tomorrowland, and a magic item at the magic store. HOWEVER, I was able to go in there and just ask them for a card and EACH place gave me two!

Good luck!

StitchMad
12-24-2005, 08:15 AM
Im not sure but i think the insider tour has finished now.:(

~StitchMad

smilezlie
12-24-2005, 08:21 AM
the tour officially ended today. i wanted to go so bad but i couldnt. oh well.

if you do all of the quests instead of a tour card they just give you a pack of the pirate quest and some stuff you could get on the tour, so no worries.

remember the holiday quest. try and get the answers before you go. if not then get a fastpass for haunted mansion holiday, and then go on its a small world holiday while you wait. small world holiday does NOT have a fast pass this year.

also, last time i checked all of the hat places in disneyland were out of the vmk cards for gold ears. i have heard they got those back in but im not sure, but its true you can buy any hat and get them just make sure to ask. also, as of a couple days ago they were completely out of the magic mirror cards at the magic shop and i believe they are still out of them. however, i know for a fact startrader still has TONS of the codes for the virtual shirt!

and yes, lines will be long no matter what. so get in the park early and do the big rides......

PixelProphet
12-24-2005, 08:59 AM
the magic shop in disneyland was out of magic mirrors last friday [8 days ago] and was said that they did not know when more would come in.

smilezlie
12-24-2005, 09:18 AM
the magic shop in disneyland was out of magic mirrors last friday [8 days ago] and was said that they did not know when more would come in.

ya, my friend works mainstreet stores and at work yesterday i was asking her about vmk cards and how many people ask for them and we go into a convo about the gold ears and magic mirrors. some vmk player got really really mad that they were all out of the mirrors......i hope they get them back soon.

NASAMan
12-24-2005, 12:37 PM
Three suggestions for your trip (besides all the good ones above):

I can understand your desire to get your stuff by having the printouts on hand. I will go first thing, grab the quests, and scratch off the answers by memory. But that was to ensure getting a spot on the tour. SInce the tour is no more, there is no rush. But if you do use the spoilers to get your stuff early in the day, take some extra quests with you and actually look for the answers. They will let you see some wonderful things: art, sculpture, architecture; and run into some great cast members! I know if you are young rides come number one, but the park is beautiful and the quests can help you to enjoy that too!

Suggestion two: Don't forget to stop at Innoventions and create a new character (or have someone in your party who will not play do it). Once you are home, you can either use it as an alternate player or trade the goodies to your real player. Check out threads on trading to yourself if you don't know how to do this.

Last suggestion: After you complete the quests and creat an in-park character, (shudder!) forget about VMK! You are now in the real thing! Nothing virtual about it! Of course, you can't completely forget, as now stumbling upon Shrunken Ned will seem like meeting an old friend! But use the time to enjoy the park and the people you went with. If they don't play, they will soon tired of you talking about the game.

Have a great time and don't forget your trip report to all of us!

Supercharged
12-24-2005, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the awesome info guys! I really appreciate it.