View Full Version : Frequently Asked Questions by new players

Maribeth
12-20-2005, 04:31 PM
Frequently Asked Questions by New Players

Q.Where did you get your costume?
A. Costumes were only available during a special weekend. You can no longer buy them. The Space suit and diver suit are avaialable by playing Blast in Space and Airlock Escape

Q. Where can I buy a camera?
A. You can buy a camera to take pictures of anything, or to start a Hidden Mickey Quest, at VMK Central in Main Street.

Q. What is beta?
A. Beta is stuff that was available to the players that played was in beta mode, while it was still be tested to work out the bugs. Most beta furniture you can't buy anymore.

Q. Where did you get a vip pass?
A. You get a VIP Badge by going to Walt Disney World or Disneyland and taking the VMK tour there.

Q. Where did you get that (quest) stuff?
A. You get quest stuff by going to Disney World or Disneyland and doing quests. The quest things are prizes for completing the quests.

Q. What is WDW and DLR?
A.WDW is Walt Disney World, and DLR is Disneyland Resort

Q. What are Community Leaders?
A. Community Leaders are regular players that have gone above and beyond with helping people. They will be glad to answer any questions you have about VMK. You can tell if someone is a Leader, because they will have CL_ before their name, and they will have a sorcerer mickey badge.

Q. How do I become a Community Leader?
A. Use the Contact Us from at the bottom of VMK.com and selsct the option "I want to become a Community Leader."

Q. What are testers?
A. Testers are paid people who work for Disney. They get new items before they are realeased to players. They test the item out and make sure it has no bugs.

Q. What is staff?
A. Staff are the people who run VMK and make sure players do not say personal information, get in fights, or say anything non-G-rated. They are identified by having VMK_ before their name and they have an orange mickey badge.

Q. What are hosts?
A. Hosts are people that run games or events on VMK to make sure that we are having fun! They are identified by having HOST_ before their name and they have an orange mickey badge.

Q. Are you taken?
A. No, having a girlfriend or boyfriend in VMK is strictly against VMK Values. You don't know who you're talking to, no matter what they say. Don't ever say you're taken or ask anybody if they're taken.

Q. Where do you get magic pins and what do they do?
A. Magic pins are pins your character can wear that put a special magic effect on your character. The different ones are:
-Inferno: this pin is awarded at specai levents by staff.
-Fireworks: This pin is from getting over 240,000 points in the castle fireworks game.
-Ghost/Invisibility: This is awarded by getting in the top 10 high score list in the Pirates of the Carribean game.
-Frosty: This pin is buyable for the holidays!
-Teleportation: This is one of the Tomorrowland Quest prizes. (See above.)
-BlingBling, Pirate Costume, Cursed Storm: These are available from codes found in Kellogg's breakfast cereal.
Hope that these answered some questions for some of you newer players out there!
Happy Holidays,
Maribeth

Stunt
12-20-2005, 04:37 PM
Some very Good Advice.

Although the VIP is probably harder to find now a days since they are not giving it out at WDW anymore (I don't think they are at DL either)

But otherwise, very good post

Maribeth
12-20-2005, 04:41 PM
Yes, but as of today, they are still giving it out. Later, I will edit that so that all info is correct. When Frosty disappears I will edit him too.

Thanks!! Do you think its good enough to go in the Nesletter on VMK or be stickied? I hope so! It was my first time I sent something to be in the newsletter!

Minay
12-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Also add in what testers, staff, and CLs jobs are. And, add in that question "Are you taken?" and say: no, but it is wrong for VMK, so don't do it!

Maribeth
12-20-2005, 04:52 PM
ok I will MiniParis, thanks! I was going to put the "Are you taken" question, but I copied this directly from what I put in the Contact Us form, and I didn't think that was good to go on thre front page of
VMK. lol ;)

EDIT: OK, I have added your questions MiniParis!

SpinMarty
12-20-2005, 05:03 PM
DLR = Disneyland Resort
The spaceship costume is available by winning the Blast in Space game.

Maribeth
12-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Oh yes, I forgot to add in the space suit. And with DLR, I minimized the window and forgot to finsih that question lol xD

dudedanrocks
12-20-2005, 05:07 PM
u forgot 1.
Q: can i have something for free?
A: nope

Chriss21211
01-18-2006, 11:18 PM
Im Not a New Player, I've Been On a Long Time... Just Had a Little Question.
Can Someone Tell Me What The Order Of Beta is From Most Valuablr or Rare, To Least Valuable, Or Not So Rare? LOL I Know That The Light BLue Rocket Is... But Someone Plz Answer?

Maribeth
01-19-2006, 12:17 AM
There is tons of beta, but the most valuable is Green Flippers, the least valuable is Yellow Saddle Seats (they are buyable; but still beta) You would probably get a better respinse on a board where someone has lsted all the beta.