View Full Version : Lag

princessdiamond
05-29-2005, 06:40 PM
My youngest (6) wanted to play, so we made a character for her and away we went.
Shes was so disappointed with the completely unplayable games. We are lagging behind the onscreen actions so badly that we can't play, the animals in the jungle cruise have gone before we get a camera to aim at them, the cursor in the fireworks game will not change fast enough so I never have the right cursor selected, and as for pirates, well I'm worse than the automated pirate ships and thats saying something.
I can see from the highscores that some people are not having any problems, so why is it so bad for me? we have cable
Is this a UK problem??

Legendary Black Cat
05-29-2005, 07:10 PM
Well, remember, this is only beta. That means that VMK will lag, will close for mainteance, will crash, it will do all of that. So I do not believe it is a UK problem, I believe it is only the actual game lagging. I was on today, and it was lagging for me as well. The best thing to do would be to not play it, until of course they patch it up.

Have a nice day,

LBC

Eddiebears
05-29-2005, 07:28 PM
Are you on broadband or dial up?

MisterToad
05-29-2005, 07:43 PM
What is the speed of your processor? On my 500 MHz Pentium 3 laptop, the games are unplayable. Things are nice and smooth on my Athlon 64 desktop though.

-rcv-
05-29-2005, 07:56 PM
I haven't had a chance to try the game with different 'puter configurations, but I expect that the big thing that will cause lag is NOT ENOUGH RAM

You should probably have at least 512 meg of RAM to make it decent, and under 256 meg will likely be unplayable.

princessdiamond
05-29-2005, 10:47 PM
Thxs guys, Im on cable but only have 256 ram, TT gives me problems after long playing, I was hoping that this, as a browser game would be less demanding, the system requirements don't mention ram. I've not had problems playing other browser games but, after looking at the highscores, I could see that it must be ok for some people and I didn't think it was just because it was beta. I wasn't worried about the odd freeze ups and bugs, they were expected:)
Sounds like I need a new machine :eek: