View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Tips/Hints

Chip
12-14-2005, 04:44 AM
Hey Everyone I decided to make some Tip for all of you Beginners to the game or who just can't seem to get the ghosts. Here I will explain to you the Basics of the game.

Controls: To control yourself use the arrow keys. right moves you right, left moves you left, up moves you forward, and back moves you backwards. To use your Zap Gun to collect the ghosts press either Shift or Ctrl(Control). Also you can move Diagnols by pressing two arrow keys. Example: L+U=\(that way). Also you can use your mouse. Do not ask me how to use it to navigate because I do not know how. I use the arrow keys.

Tip #1: When you get turned into a ghost by your enemys ghosts you can Go by your color ghosts to protect the other team from getting you.

Tip #2: Also when you get turned into a ghost if you stay still you will turn 'invisible' and the enemies can not get you when you coem back.

Tip #3: When you are not a ghost ( just regular) then you can stay still and become 'invisible' and the enimies ghosts can not get you.

Tip #4: Stay in one place for a bit. Then when your color ghosts start to bulge out in one area then go to that area and wait for another area to bulge up ( good for soloing the game)

Tip #5: Try to not use diagnols as they can easily get uncontrolable and it is hard to avoid ghosts.I usualy just use the L,R,F and B keys.

Tip #6: You can always out run the ghosts. It is easier for me to dodge them if I do NOT use the diagnols

Tip #7: When you vacum up an oposing team member when they are the ghost you get two points.

Tip #8The game gets full very fast. To avoid the crowds go early in the morning when VMK opens. At night it might be less crowded, but it still maybe hard to get in.

Tip #9: When your a ghost, stay near your color ghosts. If you get caught by Green, go to your Pink Ghosts. This prevents the other team from catching you, because if they come near you, your ghosts will get them. Also, when you return to human status, your right there and you just have to press control to catch them.

Hint #1: If you beat the game against two or up people by yourself you get a bonus 240 points!

Hint #2: From what I have played the Pink ghosts are usually the most abundant.

Hint #3: You can get more ghosts when you are by yourself.

Hint #4: When you are the only person on your team against 2+ players then it tends to give you more ghosts.

Hall Of Fame Notes: Please take note that these scores in the hall of fame are the wins that the person has, not the amount of ghosts they have recieved in a game.

If you have any Tips to add please Pm me or post them here!

-Chip

PudgeBoo2
12-14-2005, 06:12 AM
thanks for the tips! i like using the mouse to navigate the game, but sometimes if the mouse is not kept far away enough from my avatar she won't move. i will use your tips in my next game.

StevoStitch
12-14-2005, 06:29 AM
Yes, thanks for the tips, I have found that I use the mouse most often as well, but I have found that this game tends to kind of freeze up like the pirates game where nothing moves for a few seconds. I really hope that gets worked out because it makes the gameplay somewhat more difficult than it should! lol! Otherwise, its a really fun game! I love the ammount of credits you recieve too, amazing!

Chip
12-14-2005, 01:05 PM
Well I have never tried the mouse I guess the arrow keys are just me. I hope all my Tips work for you guys. Remember if you have any tips/hints post or pm me!

maxxkid
12-14-2005, 09:53 PM
thanks so much! i am so happpy you got this. i knew all of these tips, but wow, i cannot thank you enough, maybe beacuse i am getting good, and
OMG you can win 1500 credits in two games!

Schmoofysis
12-14-2005, 09:58 PM
Already made,sorry (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28506)

AwesomeDLRFan
12-16-2005, 07:26 AM
I know the directions say you can vaccuum up your opponents when they are ghosts, but so far I haven't been able to do this. It seems there were plenty of times my opponent could have removed me and either couldn't or didn't. Has anyone been able to **** up their opponent vmk player? Just wondering.

Greenway
12-16-2005, 01:45 PM
I know the directions say you can vaccuum up your opponents when they are ghosts, but so far I haven't been able to do this. It seems there were plenty of times my opponent could have removed me and either couldn't or didn't. Has anyone been able to **** up their opponent vmk player? Just wondering.

You actually vacuum the ghost off of them, you don't vacuum them out of the game. This counts as getting two ghosts.

As far as their being more purple ghosts, that is just perception. I am convinced that the ghosts colors are random. Maybe some research is in order.

GraspingClaw
12-16-2005, 10:10 PM
Has anyone figured out why sometimes you get a 50 credit bonus for winning and sometimes you get a 250 credit bonus? I'm not talking about the bounty credits you get per ghost, but the bonus for being the winning team. I'm thinking it either has to do with getting the most ghosts on your team, or being outnumbered by players on the other team, but it'd be nice to know for sure.

FantasyBlueBoy
12-16-2005, 10:26 PM
Chip i have another Tip Also

When you the other team is a ghost when u vacum them u get 2 points not 1

Chip
12-16-2005, 10:38 PM
Ok I will add in a moment.

barfownz
12-17-2005, 12:57 AM
Thank you!

todaw789
12-17-2005, 03:49 AM
Anyone know what the numbers on the hall of fame mean? Number of ghosts in a game? Game's won? Wut?

cookiefairy
12-17-2005, 11:40 PM
These totally help! I was like looking for this thread for a long time and i just found it!

PirateDaisy
12-18-2005, 06:00 AM
This maybe be a tip to try out but it's worked for me and my rl friend; we tried out already. Instead of pressing control+shift, I only press control to capture the ghosts; it saves you having to press control+shift every single time. It's worked for me and pressing control only is a lot easier than the other two.

Maybe Chip should try it out and confirm it, so far my rl friend and I do it and it works just fine.

HappyGlo
12-18-2005, 06:43 AM
sometimes i get my mouse going the right way but i freeze anyways. guess it just takes a bit of practice to get them. most i can get is like 15 a room but have seen others get 30+ each room they are in!

Glo

ClubDisCM
12-18-2005, 07:19 AM
This maybe be a tip to try out but it's worked for me and my rl friend; we tried out already. Instead of pressing control+shift, I only press control to capture the ghosts; it saves you having to press control+shift every single time. It's worked for me and pressing control only is a lot easier than the other two.

Maybe Chip should try it out and confirm it, so far my rl friend and I do it and it works just fine.

You don't press Ctrl+Shift, it's Ctrl OR Shift.

FantasyBlueBoy
12-18-2005, 12:35 PM
Anyone know what the numbers on the hall of fame mean? Number of ghosts in a game? Game's won? Wut?

yes it does stand for games won

PirateDaisy
12-18-2005, 07:07 PM
You don't press Ctrl+Shift, it's Ctrl OR Shift.

Oh, oops. LOL Guess I read the instructions wrong. lol Thanks for the correction.

Chip
12-18-2005, 07:26 PM
I hope this helped you people! All those tips when I learned them it boost my score from about 15 GPR(Ghosts Per Round) to about 30-40 GPR. Once I even got 50. Also the most credits I ever got was about 500.

PurpleMonkey
12-19-2005, 01:55 AM
Not really a game playing tip...

Tip: The game gets full very fast. To avoid the crowds go early in the morning when VMK opens. At night it might be less crowded, but it still maybe hard to get in.

Chip
12-19-2005, 02:04 AM
Thanks PurpleMonkey Just added that.

CaptinAzzameen
12-23-2005, 07:00 PM
i dunno, i got the 250 bonus, and 250 in bounty, but it was a 2 on 2 rather than a 2:1 ratio. I think it happens if you grab 50 ghosts (250 on the bounty)

EDIT: UPDATE!!! JUST GOT THIS OFF ANOTHER SITE!!!

"You get 50 credits for winning with your team and 5 credits for each ghost you capture. (Note; if your team fails to win, you will not get the 50 credit but you will get 5 credit for each ghost you caught.) It is still a good idea to at least have one other player on your team

win 5 times and get a bonus of 250 credits! win 10 times and get a bonus of 500 credits!

note: I am pretty sure you have to win them to get the credits, but i might be wrong, you might just have to play it!

good luck!!

JGsLoVe713
12-23-2005, 09:20 PM
I AM SO MAD AT THIS GAME!!! AHHHH I keep on looseing my connection and vmk crashes when I play it! I hardly ever get to finish a game anymore!!! is anyone else having this same problem?!

CaptinAzzameen
12-23-2005, 09:47 PM
it occasionally crashes for me, but only like 1 out of 7

JGsLoVe713
12-23-2005, 09:50 PM
it occasionally crashes for me, but only like 1 out of 7

Well this is happening in other games for me too I think now...maybe VMK isn't very Mozilla FireFox compatable.

CrazyMan11254
12-25-2005, 12:31 AM
dinangle is acally helpful bc i all ways get away from the eminie by it.

GraspingClaw
12-25-2005, 07:06 PM
You get 50 credits for winning with your team and 5 credits for each ghost you capture. (Note; if your team fails to win, you will not get the 50 credit but you will get 5 credit for each ghost you caught.) It is still a good idea to at least have one other player on your team

win 5 times and get a bonus of 250 credits! win 10 times and get a bonus of 500 credits!

I'd also like to note that you can win these bonuses more than once, because I've already received them a couple times on the same character. I think you might get them for every 5 wins and every 10 wins. Also, I was very surpised to receive this message earlier this morning after winning in 2 rounds with a tally of 90 ghosts! Anyone else get this yet?

Gotsumgame
12-25-2005, 07:27 PM
Here's a tip:

When your a ghost, stay near your color ghosts. If you get caught by Green, go to your Pink Ghosts. This prevents the other team from catching you, because if they come near you, your ghosts will get them. Also, when you return to human status, your right there and you just have to press control to catch them.

katgal
12-25-2005, 09:28 PM
Another tip is be on your own team if you are or are not good at the game. That way it's a challenge for both teams. First, you have more ghosts to attack and get WAY more points. Next, if you are not very good their are still many of your teams ghosts to haunt others. Try it sometime!!

Schmoofy
12-25-2005, 09:35 PM
I'd also like to note that you can win these bonuses more than once, because I've already received them a couple times on the same character. I think you might get them for every 5 wins and every 10 wins. Also, I was very surpised to receive this message earlier this morning after winning in 2 rounds with a tally of 90 ghosts! Anyone else get this yet?
I didnt get it yet,any idea what it is? I hear you get 1000 each 100 wins overall.

GraspingClaw
12-25-2005, 11:30 PM
I didnt get it yet,any idea what it is? I hear you get 1000 each 100 wins overall.

Haven't reached the 100 win mark yet, so I can't confirm that, but as far as my 2500 credit bonus it sounds to me like it had to do with the number of ghosts I got. Guess we just have to wait for more people to post proof..

Everon
12-26-2005, 04:38 AM
Hint #4: When you are the only person on your team against 2+ players then it tends to give you more ghosts.

So does that mean if the teams are 1 against 2, that you get a 250 bonus of credits? It is 250 bonus credits, not 240 you put (just to let you know).

Chip
12-26-2005, 03:08 PM

So does that mean if the teams are 1 against 2, that you get a 250 bonus of credits? It is 250 bonus credits, not 240 you put (just to let you know).

Yes it does mean that if you are against 1 player or 2 players then it will give you more ghosts and that means that if your ghsot catching skills are good will tend to greater points.

thegoof
12-26-2005, 03:13 PM
Just going towarn folks, if the mansion is full you are not allowed to boot people just to be on your own team.

CaptinAzzameen
12-29-2005, 01:55 AM
Just going towarn folks, if the mansion is full you are not allowed to boot people just to be on your own team.

I've experienced that several times. It gets annoying after a while

:10_1_23:

:pcpunch:

TreeDragon
12-31-2005, 06:52 AM

Okay I just got the 2500 credits message (woot!) but i have no clue why - haven't played the game an insane number of times yet, and didn't get a particularly high number of ghosts (ie I've gotten more ghosts in other games)... thoughts? I don't mind that I got it, just want to repeat it ;)

TooHip
12-31-2005, 06:58 AM
Okay I just got the 2500 credits message (woot!) but i have no clue why - haven't played the game an insane number of times yet, and didn't get a particularly high number of ghosts (ie I've gotten more ghosts in other games)... thoughts? I don't mind that I got it, just want to repeat it ;)

Me too! I keep looking for staff to ask, but as of yet, no luck. We need an answer!!

Edit - Asked VMK_Red. She had no idea either. :tongue8:

-Too Hip. Gotta go!

aol
01-02-2006, 07:09 PM
well also if your opponents team wins you get more than them sometimes so that will be a tip :CastMem: :CastMem: :CastMem: :CastMem:

Ellington
01-02-2006, 10:42 PM
Best I have got is 41 ghosts in one round, not game.. Round.
I highly recommend going up 4-1, you get way more credits, and always be pink.

lionkingfan123
01-30-2006, 11:59 PM
i don't remember if anyone posted this yet, so here it goes anyway- After every 10th victory, you will get a bonus of credits. ( I wonder if there's a bigger bonus for every 50th victory, lol :) )

lionkingfan123
01-31-2006, 12:07 AM
Best I have got is 41 ghosts in one round, not game.. Round.
I highly recommend going up 4-1, you get way more credits, and always be pink.

This is a great idea, but i would like to warn people- only do the 4-1 idea if you know or think ur good enough.
( i made the mistake of doing 4-1 before i was ready and totally lost, lol)
Personally, i can only handle 2-1 or 3-1. But Ellington, this is still wonderful advice! :)