View Full Version : °o° °o° - The Five Finalists for the Perfect Gift Poll - °o° °o°

TinkMagic
12-09-2005, 04:56 AM
I would like to state how much we have greatly appreciated everyone's feedback and suggestions on what to purchase the "Girl 10-13" gift.

It has taken a little longer than I anticipated, we had 60 + suggestions to go through.
Each one was a really good idea.

Since we can't award Everyone who submitted a suggestion Pirate Stuff, here is a Poll to present the 5 finalists.

Please show them your support and vote for which gift you feel would make the perfect Christmas Gift.

Thanks again!

:xmas35::xmas5: :xmas5: :xmas35::xmas5: :xmas5: :xmas35:

jamielan
12-09-2005, 05:22 AM
oh i didnt win =( i got a question though, is this girl less fortunate? she may be allergic to any treats u give her. Just a warning!

Appleson
12-09-2005, 05:24 AM
i'd say the clear cosmetics case, but just as long if the girl is allowed to wear make-up. my 2nd pick would be the movie pack with a really great dvd fit for a girl that age

TinkMagic
12-09-2005, 06:09 AM
Thanks for those who have voted so far. Feel Free to post which you have voted for :) :xmas24: :xmas24:

Gotsumgame
12-09-2005, 06:13 AM
I agree with Appleson. My girlfriends wear make-up, so that might be a good choice. Then the movies, but something appropriate for her age.

starrr16
12-09-2005, 11:56 AM
I sai dthe cranium game becuase what if she is a tomboy and doesn tlike make up? The movie package could get expensive, clickits is kinda girly.. she may be a tomboy,and not everyone likes to draw..

Dudetteroxs
12-09-2005, 12:36 PM
Most girls around 10-13 usually like movies. But, most all girls, wear makeup when they are older. Tomboys, being one myself, can wear makeup, but not like girlygirls. Not in an offensive way, that is. If she is a tomboy and doesn't like makeup, the movie package or a DVD would work, as well!

greenhpper
12-09-2005, 01:41 PM
I said the cranium game becuase what if she is a tomboy and doesn tlike make up? The movie package could get expensive, clickits is kinda girly.. she may be a tomboy,and not everyone likes to draw..

That makes a lot of sense and I agree (she can play with her family and friends) but a sketch pad can be used for more than just drawing :whistling

she may be allergic to any treats u give her. Just a warning!

To add, that is a possibility as well as she being allergic to the make-up. She is in that age where her skin could start to have problems due to maturity. Even non-comedengic(sp?) stuff could cause problems.

AceLollipop
12-09-2005, 01:46 PM
I have to go with the drawing pad. I would not buy anything to girly, since she might not be that type. The snacks, there is always a chance of being allergic. Same with makeup.

Also I think is she was 10 that would be to young for make up but the world is crazy these days. I personally don't like make up on anyone. Wear your own face...

Zigity is also a very fun game. All the games by that company are great. If I could I would get her Zigity and the drawing pad.

Monkeydia1
12-09-2005, 02:48 PM
I would say the Cosmetic Case or the Movie Pack because most of my friends (including myself) love to go to the movie. and most of them are wearing makeup.

LittleBubbles
12-09-2005, 09:09 PM
i hate make up xD

you can never go wrong with drawing though ;) movies are okay, but its a one time only thing. make up is too goopy, although I am not like the average girl of my age xD zigity i have never heard of, but the actual cranium game is fun with the family. clickits are a bit too childish, but I love the art pad idea thingie xD Drawing has always calmed my mind, and I enter my own world when I draw.....you can never go wrong with imagination ;)

TinkMagic
12-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Interesting point LittleBubbles. :) Thanks for sharing your views everyone!

I know there are a lot more people that haven't voted yet :xmas16:

Show your Support and Make your vote count!
(remind your friends to vote too :) )

:xmas4: :xmas30: :xmas22: :xmas4: :xmas30: :xmas22:

MissAmber
12-09-2005, 10:11 PM
I think a portable sketch pad would be more useful then make-up.. make up would run out fast, and all it really does is give you acne if you don't clean your face good everynight. But that is just my opinion.. sorry.

I think all of the choices are great though. People have wonderful ideas.

Jdrizzle
12-09-2005, 10:14 PM
Also if your giving gifts to a less fortunate family they may not have a TV so the movie theator thing would not be good for them!

You can not go wrong with drawing pads and stuff it releases your creativity and your imagination

Cranium is good because it would help the child's mind i mean i know I love to play board games and that is a hard one :) Just some thoughts

Exoxus
12-09-2005, 10:14 PM
:I

I didn't win either but, I'll have to go with Clikits, My sis <3's them. I Hope whoever wins..uhh, wins! Anyway my idea WAS a Tamagotchi.

Pollywolly
12-09-2005, 10:15 PM
TinkMagic maybe you can give her a gift basket with something like: two movies, snacks, books, make up and some jewelry. Tell me if that is a good idea

darthmatt
12-09-2005, 10:18 PM
TinkMagic maybe you can give her a gift basket with something like: two movies, snacks, books, make up and some jewelry. Tell me if that is a good idea
She already did the thread for ideas. and anyways that would be way more than 15$

Doodle
12-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Zigity is so much fun. Actually all the Cranium games are awesome, especially well, Cranium! I'm sure Zigity is well under $15 so you could combine it with something else.

I think a movie and snacks is too casual, too just-another-day-"what-do-you-want-to-do" sorta thing. Also, with prices these days, a movie and snacks could exhaust that $15 budget easily! :rolleyes:

Pollywolly
12-09-2005, 10:20 PM
I know the thread is over but I just wanted to tell her what I was thinking :)

TinkMagic
12-09-2005, 10:24 PM
:xmas4: To clear the idea of what the Movie Package is and what it means.

It is a gift certificate for a local movie theatre, to take care of tickets and snacks at the theatre.

Should be enough for two adults and a snack (or something in that area).:xmas4:

jamielan
12-09-2005, 11:27 PM
:xmas4: To clear the idea of what the Movie Package is and what it means.

It is a gift certificate for a local movie theatre, to take care of tickets and snacks at the theatre.

Should be enough for two adults and a snack (or something in that area).:xmas4:

where i live admission for 1 person is like 8 dollars and popcorn is like 3 dollars if u get a medium.

and also i advise u not to get her makeup. If she doesnt rinse it well it will cause serious problems to her skin. A movie pack would be nice but it would not last forever, it is only a one time use thing. Clickits are nice, but u never know if she is a tomboy, a 13 yr old or anything else. My best bet would to go for the cranium game (so she becomes more educated) or a sketch pad (so she can let her imagination take her to wherever she wants!

TinkMagic
12-10-2005, 12:43 AM
It's a close contest I must say.

Only a few hours left for voting. Remember it closes tonight! :)

Thank you to those who have shown their support! :)

jamielan
12-10-2005, 12:46 AM
i was just wondering..what are the individually wrapped gifts in the case

TinkMagic
12-10-2005, 01:02 AM
i was just wondering..what are the individually wrapped gifts in the case

There is no way for me to be able to know for sure exactly what it will be right now until I actually go to the store and see what the prices are for little things. I'm thinking things like.. lip gloss, finger nail polish, could be a key chain or hair stuff.. just random little things, and not all girly stuff, some other things too...

Airick
12-10-2005, 01:52 AM
I think that the sketch pad idea is a great idea, because it leaves all of the possibilities open to the person receiving it. It could be a journal, doodle book, a place to jot down ideas...

I think it is really creative.

reekster
12-10-2005, 02:51 AM
Yay! I'm a finalist!

jamielan
12-10-2005, 02:52 AM
Yay! I'm a finalist!

what was ur suggestion?

TinkMagic
12-10-2005, 03:00 AM
Please do not give or ask for any information about who's suggestions were who's until after the polls have finished. There is a reason why I did not place their names next to the suggestions. :)

It will be announced after the polls have ended.

Thank you :)

reekster
12-10-2005, 03:07 AM
Oh, then I won't say what I suggested. Sorry about that.

TinkMagic
12-10-2005, 04:17 AM
Okay everyone :) 1 Hour Left! Make sure you got your vote in! :xmas22:

jamielan
12-10-2005, 04:29 AM
so is it for sure gonnna be the one that wins?

TinkMagic
12-10-2005, 05:25 AM
It's official! You have locked in your votes and they have been counted!

The Winners are:

1st Place with 31 votes - Mamacita! Wins a Pirate Seagull Pirate Hat
2nd Place with 27 votes - MrGenie! Wins Pirate Ransacked Window
3rd Place with 31 votes - greenhppr! Wins Pirate Crow's Nest Stool and Stick
4th Place with 11 votes - reekster! Wins Golden Mickey Ears!
5th Place with 7 votes - PowerPunch! Wins Golden Mickey Ears!

Thank you to all those who have participated!

Winners I am online right now, in my room, come claim your prize! :)

AppleBees
12-10-2005, 05:34 AM
Yays Congratulations to the winners! :woohoo:!

TinkMagic
12-10-2005, 05:40 AM
By the way..

Note to the Winners:

If your VMK title is different from your Forums title, Please let me know!

I will not just give the prize to someone person that comes in claiming they are you. If it is different I will not give it out until I know without a doubt it is you.

Covergirl
12-10-2005, 05:59 PM
Congrats to all the winners!! and tink wtg on those prizes i bet those winners are happy campers now!

TinkMagic
12-10-2005, 06:29 PM
I have been able to give Reekster and MrGenie their prizes..

Mamacita
greenhpper
and PowerPunch, please see me for your prize

Mamacita
12-10-2005, 07:19 PM
Yay! Thanks so much, I'll look for you when I sign on. You will have fun putting this gift together, the possibilities of little cute stuff to put in there are endless! The box we have used is made by Caboodles and it's in the cosmetics section, it looks almost like a little tackle box. We have also done the same thing with cute shaped tins.
:) Mamacita