View Full Version : VMK Newsletter 12/07/2005 (Be A Gift Giver and VMK Top Tips)

WDWTigger72
12-07-2005, 11:32 PM
NOTE: Some of the newsletter was removed because I believe it has already been reported through other threads, but heads up on the "Be A Gift Giver" section

BE A GIFT GIVER!
Do you have a friend in VMK who deserves a special gift? Maybe you are worried you won't be able to find them in the game to give it to them, or maybe you want to give it secretly. We have a special item set aside just for this occasion. Let us know who they are and we can deliver it for you.

Here's how it works:

(1) Beginning Friday December 9, go to Contact Us and choose the Give-A-Gift option.
(2) Tell us the name of the friend you want to give a gift to. Be sure you are giving us the name of their VMK Character and that you spell it correctly. Gifts can't be delivered to invalid names.
(3) You may give a gift to as many friends as you like, but a separate entry must be sent for each friend.
(4) The cost of 500 credits will be deducted from your credit total for each gift you give. If you don't have enough credits, your gift will not be given.
(5) Gifts will be delivered anonymously; your friend won't know you gave it to them unless you tell them.
(6) The final date to give a gift is Sunday, December 18.
(7) All gifts will be delivered Saturday, December 24.

We're still not quite ready to share all the details, but we can tell you to mark your calendar for the weekend of December 16-18 for what promises to be mountains of fun!

VMK TOP TIPS

(1) Be careful when someone asks to "borrow" an item from you. Some people use this as a trick saying they will give it back, but then refuse to return the item. Don't be tricked by scammers!
(2) Have you seen a Community Leader going above and beyond to help keep VMK a fun and safe place? Send us your feedback on Community Leaders by clicking the Contact Us button at the bottom of any VMK page.
(3) Remember, the owner of a room has the ability to boot members that are causing problems. If someone is blocking a path or doorway and the owner is not there, you might be better off finding a different room.
(4) Please remember the Call for VMK Staff is for emergencies only, like when a player is hassling you or someone is making you uncomfortable. For general game questions, you can check out the game guide and FAQs by clicking the HELP button on the VMK web site. You can also find a Community Leader in the game; they're always more than happy to help.
(5) You may know that playing your music mix every day earns you a daily 10 credits. But, did you know that when you play your mix the 100th time, you get 500 credits! Now there's something worth dancing about!
(6) Making mountains of crates is a lot of fun, but also takes a lot of credits! By putting tables under your crates you can save yourself some credits and build higher!
(7) Short on credits? Look for games run by our VMK Hosts. When the rooms say open, you'll find great games to play and a fun way to win some extra credits or other prizes!
(8) A Player will never be banned just because someone reports them. All reports are investigated before any action is taken. Sending in false reports against others is harassment, and could result in a ban.
(9) The decorators of our virtual world have been focused on a new project, but promise to get the Halloween decorations taken down soon.

Chip
12-07-2005, 11:37 PM
I wonder how you send them the names

lilkinka
12-07-2005, 11:38 PM
Do you think there is a limit for the gift? And do you like chose what you are giving? 0_0 :xmas16:

Tang
12-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Do you think there is a limit for the gift? And do you like chose what you are giving? 0_0 :xmas16:
I hope so on both That there is not a limit and we get to chose Behave just told me what she wants lol And I joked off about Inferno lol

MrGenie
12-07-2005, 11:42 PM
I wonder how you send them the namesVMK has not indicated how this will work yet. Since they used the "Contact Us" link on the VMK homepage for Thanksgiving Quest answers, my guess is they will use that again.

UPDATE: They edited the newsletter. The first bullet point now reads, "Beginning Friday December 9, go to Contact Us and choose the Give-A-Gift option."

Do you think there is a limit for the gift? And do you like chose what you are giving? 0_0 :xmas16:It appears you are only limited by the amount of credits you have. It also sounds like there is only one gift you can give (newsletter says, "We have a special item set aside just for this occasion"). I don't expect it will be revealed until the gifts are actually delivered.

FreakOuter99
12-07-2005, 11:47 PM
We're still not quite ready to share all the details, but we can tell you to mark your calendar for the weekend of December 16-18 for what promises to be mountains of fun!

anyone else notice the word mountains :)!

Skaterooni
12-07-2005, 11:48 PM
I'm going to send gifts to all of my friends!

Can't wait!

Sdude
12-07-2005, 11:52 PM
oh this stinks because there is threee reasons
1) i have AOL so they wont get wat i am sending
2)i have no credits
3) i have no friends really so i wont get anything :(

MrGenie
12-07-2005, 11:58 PM

anyone else notice the word mountains :)!This exact wording actually appeared in last week's newsletter as well, in reference to the next event. For a discussion, please see this thread (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25915). :xmas4:

jab1235
12-08-2005, 12:10 AM
how do i send the gift

TinkMagic
12-08-2005, 12:12 AM
This sounds like fun! :) I wish I had enough credits to get ALL my friends a gift :xmas16:

Sadly I do not. We'll see.. ;)

IslandofDream
12-08-2005, 12:16 AM
Hmm, maybe the special gift will be the last jungle cruise pin

Greenway
12-08-2005, 12:21 AM
Hmm, maybe the special gift will be the last jungle cruise pin

That seems reasonable. You don't suppose it could be something else that hasn't been released yet like the 50th Mickey Ears lamp or the director's chairs or the bear rug or...Magic Carpet...

I will be giving out some of these mystery gifts. I hope they will turn out well.

figmentisback
12-08-2005, 12:35 AM
how do i send the gift

Acording to the newsletter, starting on: Friday December 9: you will go to tyhe contact us section and there will be a area similar to the thanksgiving, where you will type the person's valid VMK name. then VMK will take 500 credits from you and send the present to the user.

you may do this as many times as you want, as long as you have the credits.

magicruby
12-08-2005, 12:44 AM
where do u send the entry too?

jab1235
12-08-2005, 01:01 AM
can it be like inferno or do you have to have it

Schmoofysis
12-08-2005, 01:05 AM
Note this-

Pirates in the jungle? Cowboys in space? Alice in Frontierland? Villains have taken over in Elara's What in the Disney World?!? series of rooms, and nothing is where it's supposed to be.

A bold print frontierland,hmm...

rcpratt3
12-08-2005, 01:15 AM
well it says we us contact us option and choose gift...all gifts will cost 500 credits, but they don't tell u what the gift is. The gift will be delivered before christmas, so maybe it will be a new christmas item that nobody has seen yet. That would be cool.:xmas4:

Shanniegina
12-08-2005, 01:16 AM
:xmas16: I like that gift-giving idea!
I would love to see the look on a persons face when I am going to say to one of my friends "I gave you a present."
Ah, the feeling of giving!
What would also be cool, is going on vmk, looking into your inventory, and BAM! There is some things! That way you know you have friends who care. :xmas10:

rcpratt3
12-08-2005, 01:35 AM
Ok so I just had another thought...they said you can start requesting gifts on the 9th of Dec....I wonder if that is when the christmas decorations will go up instead of halloween.

MrJambo
12-08-2005, 01:46 AM
The gift could be Magic Carpet, if you remember Yavn has said you could buy it, and at one point he said a guest could even afford it. By the way, I think the whole presents thing is a great idea. The VMK staff continues to come up with fun stuff for us to do, a big thank you to them!

splashdiva
12-08-2005, 01:57 AM
is there a rule against giving a gift to yourself?

Adventureally
12-08-2005, 03:30 AM
i actually don't think it will be a magic pin because people could get more than one...i actually think that it will be a santa hat because, like most of the hats it is "costing" 500 credits...guess we'll just have to wait and see :)
Merry Christmas!!!

sailorstarangel
12-08-2005, 04:33 AM
:xmas24: Do u think u can send one to yourself ? I want a secert gift ! He he
No i am not kidding

Qui-gon
12-08-2005, 04:41 AM
Ah, I see now. I must not have read it correctly, I thought you get to pick out what you wanted to give. I should have known that VMK would do no such thing, LOL. Hmm.. I wonder if it will be something good or something you can buy. Can you image people spending 1,500 or more in credits just for something you can buy? I don't think VMK would do that to us but you never know so be careful.

That seems reasonable. You don't suppose it could be something else that hasn't been released yet like the 50th Mickey Ears lamp or the director's chairs or the bear rug or...Magic Carpet...

I will be giving out some of these mystery gifts. I hope they will turn out well.
You read my mind. Go Bear Rug!!:party-smi

Sadly I'm dead broke right now. :( But I will still carry out my original plan... :shifty:

~~Qui-gon

CoolmanJosh
12-08-2005, 11:58 AM
There is alot of possiblites for these secret gifts but i am sure that it wont be inferno or magic carpet. It could be a the last Jungle Cruise pin which i heard was called the Golden Garife Pin?

And did anyone notice that they never changed the best guest room people?

witchesrock
12-08-2005, 12:54 PM
What if none of my friends give me one???

:( Then I'll be sad...

stitch mad
12-08-2005, 07:47 PM
uh...i have a problem! when i clicked on contact us and went to click on the give a gift option..it wasnt there!!

Kaironzet
12-08-2005, 07:50 PM
uh...i have a problem! when i clicked on contact us and went to click on the give a gift option..it wasnt there!!
The News CLEARLY stated the button will be available from December 9th onwards, wonder why are you trying to access it on December 8th.

stitch mad
12-08-2005, 07:57 PM
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg im soo dumb!!! - goes red-

skip
12-08-2005, 08:32 PM
I think this is a great idea, but it will cause one problem. Many people will get gifts, while many others will not. I honestly do not expect to get a gift, but I will be sending out at least 2.

-skippyskippy

Adventureally
12-09-2005, 04:45 PM
I just checked and there is a spot on the contact us button but i clicked on it and it said there was a technical error....i guess this means we should be able to give gifts soon!!! :)

figmentisback
12-09-2005, 07:06 PM
http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=317975#post317975 click here for help to give a gift...