View Full Version : A few questions...

tootsie4ever
07-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Hi, I'm fairly new here to this forum. Have been on VMK since day one, lurked the forum for a little bit recently & just joined yesterday.
I have a few questions.

1 - I just realized the other day that Donald Duck walks back & forth in the upstairs window in a building in Central Plaza. I asked if he has always been there, and someone said yes. Don't know how I missed him, but just never noticed him there before. Anyhow, someone else said something about other Disney characters, that you can talk to them. Were they meaning in VMK? I asked if they walk around in VMK like us? No one asnwered. So, are there any other Disney characters in VMK that move about, etc?

Edit - OK...duh!!!!! I just realized that person was talking about the disney characters - the 5 characters you visit to get the credits. Duh!!!!!!

2 - Today I remembered that I was in this one room once, and tried to find it again. I couldn't right away, so I started asking others if they have been there. I think everyone thought I was crazy, or they had no clue. LOL
You know the place - Explorer's Tent - well, I found a room that was based just on the tent of that place. I am sure I got there by teleportation only. It might have been from another guest room I think. I just wish I could remember how I got there. Has anyone else seen this place? It must not be a regular room guests can buy, because it is not listed. Was it a special only room offered at one time? Does anyone know what I'm talking about, have you ever seen it? I can see the place in my mind - you were in the tent, there was a few things you could sit on, you could see the grass outside, it was dark outside, and you could see that car in the background I think that is flipped on it's top.
Please tell me I'm not the only one that has seen this! LOL I'm not crazy, honest! :)

Now I only wish I could get some of that other neat stuff, but you have to go to Disneyland/Disney World to get it....I have never been to DW/DL, likely will never get to go. :( I live so far away from them too. Oh well...

Sorry for this being so long!!
Thanks!

cheetahlover
07-19-2005, 05:17 PM
i have seen the room too!!!!! but i cant find it again either lol

Chris
07-19-2005, 05:20 PM
You get the Explorer's Tent from winning Best Guest Room, a competition, or you can get it from answering Disney Trivia at WDW/Disneyland while on the VIP Tour.

bopper
07-19-2005, 05:20 PM
The Explorer's Room was somebody's guest room. The Explorer's Rooms were given as prizes in earlier room contests.

tootsie4ever
07-19-2005, 06:38 PM
Thanks everyone for answering my question!

tootsie4ever
07-19-2005, 06:55 PM
Oh no!
I was just in my room & bought a western themed shower. I placed it where I wanted, then got as popup message that VMK has crashed & I need to hit OK. I did, got back on, went to my room & my shower was gone. Looked to see if it was back in my furnishings....no. I had 440 credits. It cost 400 and it shows that I do only have 40 credits left!
I tried calling VMK for help, but got the error .50 ....ideas?
I logged off & back on and it was stil not there.

PrincessKala
07-19-2005, 07:45 PM
spooky!! :Tongue:

macrobless
07-19-2005, 08:03 PM
Oh no!!! Well, if you give me a day or so, I'll get you one (free of charge to you). I'm not a CL, but I don't mind helping. It's possible that my credits may not be high enough yet, but they should be close (especially after tonite or tomorrow). PM me if you would like this.

Glitches and bugs happen in all games. It is a programmer's life. Being a game tester, I am very much aware that bad things can happen to good people! Now, I've got to get back to work and help four kids get through some really heavy snow.

tootsie4ever
07-19-2005, 08:47 PM
Oh no!!! Well, if you give me a day or so, I'll get you one (free of charge to you). I'm not a CL, but I don't mind helping. It's possible that my credits may not be high enough yet, but they should be close (especially after tonite or tomorrow). PM me if you would like this.

Glitches and bugs happen in all games. It is a programmer's life. Being a game tester, I am very much aware that bad things can happen to good people! Now, I've got to get back to work and help four kids get through some really heavy snow.

Oh wow, that is so nice of you to offer!! Let me see iif I can get a response from a VMK staffer though first, maybe they can fix it.
Snow???!!! My gosh...want some of our sun, sun, sun!? LOL :)
I'm probably not allowed to ask where you are from ,so I won't! :Tongue:

macrobless
07-19-2005, 09:08 PM
Oh wow, that is so nice of you to offer!! Let me see iif I can get a response from a VMK staffer though first, maybe they can fix it.
Snow???!!! My gosh...want some of our sun, sun, sun!? LOL :)
I'm probably not allowed to ask where you are from ,so I won't! :Tongue:

Ok, find out first, then let me know. My VMK time is limited because I work all during the day (am normally on from 7p-10p Pacific).

Oh, I live in a very very sunny state and close enough to Disneyland, but far enough away that I'm not too crazed by it! The pleasures of living in a big city are that there are many job opportunities that lend itself to me working for the company I do. As my profile has/does said/say: I test video games. Luckily I'm currently working for Buena Vista Games (yes, it's Disney!). The game I'm working on right now coincides with a movie and book about four kids in a very snowy situation. I'd say more, but it's confidential, and I'm not one to rock the boat - too much.

FlyThenFall
07-19-2005, 09:11 PM
Bless your heart macrobless, what a nice thing to do! Anyways tootsie4ever, I believe this is one of the things the VMK don't mind answering to through a "Call for Help." I think it's even one of the options: "I lost my stuff." Try going through them first, I think they can help you out. If anything, they'll just ask you to send something through the black hole!

shiregirl
07-19-2005, 09:50 PM
The game I'm working on right now coincides with a movie and book about four kids in a very snowy situation. I'd say more, but it's confidential, and I'm not one to rock the boat - too much.
Ooh! I think I know! Heehee, I am eagerly awaiting other things that are coming out about these kids! ;)

tootsie4ever, I think you have a bug described by another member in this thread. It's a bummer you lost the shower, I hope you at least feel a teeny bit better knowing you are not alone. :)

tootsie4ever
07-19-2005, 09:53 PM
Ok, find out first, then let me know. My VMK time is limited because I work all during the day (am normally on from 7p-10p Pacific).

Oh, I live in a very very sunny state and close enough to Disneyland, but far enough away that I'm not too crazed by it! The pleasures of living in a big city are that there are many job opportunities that lend itself to me working for the company I do. As my profile has/does said/say: I test video games. Luckily I'm currently working for Buena Vista Games (yes, it's Disney!). The game I'm working on right now coincides with a movie and book about four kids in a very snowy situation. I'd say more, but it's confidential, and I'm not one to rock the boat - too much.

OK I will!
LOL Sounds like fun! Must be really neat to do what you are doing....ahhh!
Good luck with your 'project'!!
And thank you so much again for the offer!!!

*minor gloat....*RCT fanatic* :D

tootsie4ever
07-19-2005, 09:54 PM
Bless your heart macrobless, what a nice thing to do! Anyways tootsie4ever, I believe this is one of the things the VMK don't mind answering to through a "Call for Help." I think it's even one of the options: "I lost my stuff." Try going through them first, I think they can help you out. If anything, they'll just ask you to send something through the black hole!

Thanks! Yes, that is very nice of macrobless!!
I did do that though....send in a call for help as 'I lost my stuff', but I got that error .50

tootsie4ever
07-19-2005, 09:55 PM
Ooh! I think I know! Heehee, I am eagerly awaiting other things that are coming out about these kids! ;)

tootsie4ever, I think you have a bug described by another member in this thread. It's a bummer you lost the shower, I hope you at least feel a teeny bit better knowing you are not alone. :)

Thanks! :)
Ya know....I'm going to sign back in & go to my room....see if I can walk in the spot where I placed my shower....hmmm...

Foustketeer
07-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Tootsie, next time you could just edit your posts instead of reposting everytime you answered a quote.

tootsie4ever
07-19-2005, 10:02 PM
Sorry, I should know better. :)
But just wanted to answer each. I'll do that next time (after this one! LOL)

EDIT -- OK, in my room, and seems to be one square that I can't walk on. I just tried sending another call for help & looks like it worked this time, no error. Will post more if I hear back.....

Edit 2 - got an auto message that they couldn't help with that, and to contact them through the 'contact us' page. Did that....now to wait....
Thanks everyone!

macrobless
07-19-2005, 11:01 PM
Edit 2 - got an auto message that they couldn't help with that, and to contact them through the 'contact us' page. Did that....now to wait....

Good luck with that! I hear that it is darn near impossible to get a reply from that email. If you decide you can't wait anymore, I'll get one for you.

Chele
07-20-2005, 12:26 AM
Sorry, I should know better. :)
But just wanted to answer each. I'll do that next time (after this one! LOL)

EDIT -- OK, in my room, and seems to be one square that I can't walk on. I just tried sending another call for help & looks like it worked this time, no error. Will post more if I hear back.....

There is a bug in VMK where some items go invisible. They're there, but you can't see them or move them. I have an invisible train teleporter. People seem to think it's neat, but I just dropped it in my room with the intention of moving it later. Now it's stuck in the middle of the room. It's pretty funny to watch somebody walk from one end of the room to other, then sparkle in dust in the middle of nowhere and disappear. Only to return a few minutes later laughing. At this point, I've been told there is nothing that can be done about this bug.

Also, I have an Explorer's Tent (I name it The Tent). I got it answering trivia questions last week on a quest tour in WDW. You, or anybody else, are welcome to stop by anytime you see it open. I actually don't like the room. It's laid out funny and I'm having a hard time decorating it.