View Full Version : Judging Catagorys Seperate?

connorsdad
07-19-2005, 04:16 PM
OK, First of all let me say congrats to all the winners. Second, Who thinks that the next time they do a contest that they should tell everyone what the seperate categories that will be judged are. I mean where in the title of the contests did it say most tranquil or most items jammed into one room. Like i said, Before i get blasted i'm very happy for the winners who spent the time and credits to make their rooms but perhaps in the future they should do seperate categories at different times of the day and (here's a thought) then, just maybe you might get to judge ALL THE ROOMS AND NOT SOME.

MissAmber
07-19-2005, 04:22 PM
I am really sad now. I spent almost more than 10,000 credits probably for both of my rooms. I can't believe it. And now the people who won get an inferno pin, a free room, and a badge. Most of those people already have EVERYTHING. Sorry to complain but I am just crushed. I wasted all my credits. But I am very happy for the winners, too. Like I said in previous threads, I never win anything! Congrats:

CL_MrGenie
Guest179688
Lisawdw
DwAdale
shiregirl
WDWTiggerRT
CoolSpeed
coolbuffalo
Baby
Claribella
Appleson
CL_MrLunatix

~Anyone with a spare inferno pin, I will give teleport magic!

MrGenie
07-19-2005, 04:25 PM
Who thinks that the next time they do a contest that they should tell everyone what the seperate catagorys that will be judged are. I mean where in the title of the contests did it say most tranquil or most items jammed into one room.Judging by the way the categories are worded, I'm under the impression that they made up the categories after the fact, not before. Thanks for the congrats though!

Chris
07-19-2005, 04:26 PM
I am really sad now. I spent almost more than 10,000 credits probably for both of my rooms. I can't believe it. And now the people who won get an inferno pin, a free room, and a badge. Most of those people already have EVERYTHING. Sorry to complain but I am just crushed. I wasted all my credits.

~Anyone with a spare inferno pin, I will give teleport magic!

Well.. you shouldn't really expect to win. The chances were like 1 out of 700. I wouldn't be complaining -- you had the opportunity to discuss and get a free magic pin from the game creator. That's awesome.

Sorry if I came off rude or crass, but remember: you're not the only one who spent tons of credits and didn't win :Tongue:

Ottsel
07-19-2005, 04:27 PM
Judging by the way the categories are worded, I'm under the impression that they made up the categories after the fact, not before. Thanks for the congrats though!
Yeah I doubt they were looking for the room with the most items jammed into it. ;)

MissAmber
07-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Well.. you shouldn't really expect to win. The chances were like 1 out of 700. I wouldn't be complaining -- you had the opportunity to discuss and get a free magic pin from the game creator. That's awesome.

Sorry if I came off rude or crass, but remember: you're not the only one who spent tons of credits and didn't win :Tongue:

You are right. I should not be complaining, I should be Thankful for the things god let me have. And other people.

connorsdad
07-19-2005, 04:30 PM
you are very welcome MrGenie. And im sure they probably did make up the categories as an afterthought. But i think if they are going to do that then make it an all day judging event with the different categories. I mean, they still give out 1-2 prizes per room type anyway why not space it out and give everyone the chance to get judged.

MeggieMoo
07-19-2005, 04:30 PM
Well I am disappointed I didn't win most humourous room....but thats the way it is. At least I got judged! Congrats to the winners!
I wish they had also said what the categories were beforehand. I would like to have seen more runners up, since it really isn't costing them anything to give out a few more pins! With over 700 entries, they could have easily picked 5 runner ups per category and spread it out more.
Not really complaining, just suggestions for next time!

claribella
07-19-2005, 04:34 PM
I am honored to have gotten runner up. I was pretty shocked. I got the Dancing Inferno and the badge. CooL!

But hey all those who didn't get judged are getting something anyway. That is a pretty good deal.

connorsdad
07-19-2005, 04:38 PM
i just thought of something. The teleporter room that got honorable mention. was not the rules ONE ROOM ONLY. Why have rules for the contest if you can still win prizes for breaking them..just a thought.

Skaterooni
07-19-2005, 04:38 PM
Oh well.. its not the end of the world that we lost. I mean, there will be other contests! This wont be the only one.

greenhpper
07-19-2005, 04:44 PM
Congrats to all!

Jackthorn
07-19-2005, 04:50 PM
To bad there's not a participation prize like some credits or something for those of us who sat looking at a computer screen for 3 hours oh well though...

kiriv
07-19-2005, 04:52 PM
I am not suprized that I didn't win.. There were alot of great rooms out there, and really the chances were slim for everyone.. the ones who did win i'm sure really rocked their rooms out. I know from seeing some of the people rooms in the past that they are very inovative and creative with their ideas.

Congrats to everyone who won.. I would love to see these winning rooms.. Can we get some screenie's posted?

I also still maintain that they should somehow make a contest for little kids so they aren't pitted against the genious of MrGenie, and MrLunatix and the others LOL.. :)

Good Job to everyone who took the time to creat a room for the compotition

Supernova08
07-19-2005, 04:53 PM
Hey, guess what i noticed.... funny story, true story.... I am the one that built "Space for Music and Calm" which won runner-up for most Tranquil Toom, but the little problem is that my user name was only appoved after judging so the newsletter still had my Guest number, but now I have my Supernova name and not the Guest179688 name, and now.... I'm just confused......

MeggieMoo
07-19-2005, 04:56 PM
Where did you read that people not judged still get something? I must have missed that.

Jess
07-19-2005, 05:00 PM
Where did you read that people not judged still get something? I must have missed that.

They said to mail them if your room wasn't judged. I dont know what they'll do to make up for it but atleast they tried.

MrGenie
07-19-2005, 05:05 PM
Where did you read that people not judged still get something? I must have missed that.From the end of the newsletter:

"We're sorry we couldn't make it to all of the rooms in the time available. We have a list of the players whose rooms weren't viewed and you've received the Invisibility Spell as a special thank you for your efforts."

Based on this, it doesn't sound to me like you even need to contact VMK if you entered the contest but weren't judged. Hopefully your Invisibility pin will just show up at some point.

Ottsel
07-19-2005, 05:08 PM
Sounds like it was better to get not judged, then judged and not win. And here you guys complained for the past three days. ;)

connorsdad
07-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Hi I am connorsmom posting under my husbands ID. I am not real worried about the contest although my husband was upset. But usually when you enter a contest it says employee and their relative of that company or subsidies are not eligible to enter. So why are they allowed to enter and win. Meaning community leaders and programers.

Fraisie
07-19-2005, 07:29 PM
Yay ! Congrats winners ! You must be so excited ! :) I spent a lot of credits on my two rooms too, but heh, the best won and thats great !

P.S. If by any chance any of you have one too many Inferno magic, please tell me as I'm very interested ! :)

LauraMichelle
07-19-2005, 07:30 PM
Hi I am connorsmom posting under my husbands ID. I am not real worried about the contest although my husband was upset. But usually when you enter a contest it says employee and their relative of that company or subsidies are not eligible to enter. So why are they allowed to enter and win. Meaning community leaders and programers.

Community leaders are not Disney employees!

Congrats to the winners, although it seems like many of the "popular" people were on that list. I really hope the judging was unbiased and was not a popularity contest.

tigressjewel
07-19-2005, 07:30 PM
From the end of the newsletter:

"We're sorry we couldn't make it to all of the rooms in the time available. We have a list of the players whose rooms weren't viewed and you've received the Invisibility Spell as a special thank you for your efforts."

Based on this, it doesn't sound to me like you even need to contact VMK if you entered the contest but weren't judged. Hopefully your Invisibility pin will just show up at some point.

You think it will just show up in the same way a judge showed up to our room? I don't expect to see it. I assume the help button in the game is for emergency stuff, and I pretty much don't think anyone answers the contact us mail, so I don't know how to get that pin. Like everything else, just wait and see I guess, and in the meantime continue to enjoy VMK.

MeggieMoo
07-19-2005, 07:47 PM
I was not judged for space, and there is no Invisibility pin waiting for me yet. Did anyone get one yet?

MsBehave
07-19-2005, 07:58 PM
Before they posted the results, they said Game Play. Natually, i thought the meant races and stuff that deal with games. So off i go, and spend thousands on nothing. Ya, I seriously think they should tell us the categories. I mean, I thought that game play was a category. SO that must mean at least one other person thought the same too.

-Ms.Behave

Lisawdw
07-19-2005, 08:06 PM
Thank you all for the congratulations. I am sorry that there were not more winners but of course very happy that I did win.

Lisa

wenyeva
07-19-2005, 08:32 PM
I was not judged for space, and there is no Invisibility pin waiting for me yet. Did anyone get one yet?

Not me. At least, not yet.

FlyThenFall
07-19-2005, 08:33 PM

BTW, connorsmom CLs should be able to enter because they're not staffers. We're just volunteers to help the paid staff deal with the deluge of questions from players.

You guys who didn't get judged though did get a pretty sweet deal...invisibility magic takes so long to get!

GBShorts
07-19-2005, 08:48 PM
I am thinking, perhaps, that Invisibility shows up upon logout/login...meaning, if they awarded it while you're on, you have to log out and then back in.

Otherwise, if that doesn't work, send a note to contact us on the main page. They only know of those who wrote them, I'm sure.

The Invisibility pin will show up in your pins inventory, according to the few people I have talked to about where to look...and they promptly found it. ;)

shiregirl
07-19-2005, 09:40 PM
Wow. I am very excited to have won an award for my room, and I would like to thank everyone for their nice congratulations.

About the categories that were used for the awards: I am more than 100% sure that "Most Number of Items We've Ever Seen in One Room" was never a category that was in play before the judging began. (How am I sure? Well, what a silly category! :) I am sure they made it up so they could give my room an award, at least I hope so. Otherwise, why not have a "best completely empty room" category, or some such thing?)

When the contest was announced, I had nothing. No ideas whatsoever. I was not planning on entering, because I knew it would have to be something really special to win. Then I re-read the contest description and saw that they were looking for different kinds of space. I had already had a room I called "The Shed." I was using it to keep excess furniture until I could decide how to use it. I thought, wouldn't it be funny if I filled it up to the brim with junk and entered it as a space-less room. :) I wanted to come up with an original idea that others would not do, and I was going for a laugh. I think the room description clearly indicates that: "You need space? We ran out a long time ago! Be careful not to trip in here, you may hurt yourself. Also, Be-Wear! There are skeleton in this close-set."

It soon became clear to me that many ppl did not take it that way at all. Ppl were coming in and oohing and awwing over all the stuff. I heard how rich I am, how I must be cheating somehow (it was suggested I hacked into the game and modified code to get all the stuff), etc.

I was never intending to show off all the stuff I have, or to make other ppl feel like have-nots. Much of the furniture in the room is borrowed: MisterToad lent me about 15-20 chairs, for instance. (Other donors were MrGenie, Alexander, and ceburto)

I was just as shocked as anyone else to see I had won and that they made the "Most Number of Items We've Ever Seen in One Room" category. If anything, I would have thought my room fell under the "most humor" category, because as I said, I was going for laughs.

Anyways, it is a thrill to have won a prize in the contest and thank you to all that came in or messaged me during the boring judging process and to all that have visited and complimented the room. I am glad you like it.

To anyone who feels I am a big old show off richie-rich snob: well, I am really sorry you took it that way. It was never my intention to flaunt anything, ever. I had a lot of fun setting up the room, and I had a pretty good celebration weekend overall.

I was more than bummed that not all the rooms were judged, and I hope that all of you who are in this category are awarded your invisibility pins. Like GBShorts said, keep checking your pin inventory. Also, send them a message if you do not get it so they may add you to their list.

What I think would be really cool is if they hand out a "Thanks for entering!" pin or something in the future to all contest participants.
Hey! What do you all think of an "I entered the Room Design Contest and all I got was this silly T-shirt" T-shirt for your avatar? ;) HeeHee

macrobless
07-19-2005, 09:52 PM
What I think would be really cool is if they hand out a "Thanks for entering!" pin or something in the future to all contest participants.
Hey! What do you all think of an "I entered the Room Design Contest and all I got was this silly T-shirt" T-shirt for your avatar? ;) HeeHee

I would love one of those! LOL. Like I told someone before, I feel like I just played Keno (a gambling game). I was judged, but didn't win. So, I didn't get anything either way!

Someday I hope to see all of the winner's rooms. I'm sure they were great; mine were not that original or planned out. I know why I didn't win, but I'd like to see why someone did!

Many congradulations to those winners. My heart goes out to all who did not win, but had really awesome and creative rooms.

MrGenie
07-19-2005, 10:06 PM
Someday I hope to see all of the winner's rooms. I'm sure they were great; mine were not that original or planned out. I know why I didn't win, but I'd like to see why someone did!claribella made a similar comment in this thread, and I've added my comments there. I'll post a screenshot when I get a chance. I'd also like to see the other winners since I was pretty confined to my rooms both evenings waiting for judges and didn't get out as much as I had hoped.

TinkerBlue
07-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Congratulations to all the winners.

Ottsel
07-19-2005, 10:10 PM
Very cute idea, I was thinking the same thing. Everyone who enters, win or lose should get something, and those that win should get something more. That way nobody feels left out. Many other games do this (Neopets for example does this when they have their big contests that span weeks) and it makes it a lot more fun for everyone.

Your room deserved to win, the idea was adorable. It was funny and original and showed you were thinking outside of the box, exactly what the judges wanted to see.

wenyeva
07-19-2005, 10:27 PM
Very cute idea, I was thinking the same thing. Everyone who enters, win or lose should get something, and those that win should get something more. That way nobody feels left out. Many other games do this (Neopets for example does this when they have their big contests that span weeks) and it makes it a lot more fun for everyone.

That was why I entered, basically. I knew I had no chance to win, but I thought that they might just give out some sort of participation prize, and I didn't want to miss it if they did! :pirate:

connorsdad
07-19-2005, 11:05 PM
OK now that I know Cls are volunteers thats different. But programers who put the game together shouldnt really be able to either and do you notice a trend of people that win is starting to be the same few people out of the 1500 different people that are on vmk.

Ottsel
07-19-2005, 11:08 PM
OK now that I know Cls are volunteers thats different. But programers who put the game together shouldnt really be able to either and do you notice a trend of people that win is starting to be the same few people out of the 1500 different people that are on vmk.
Yeah, a trend of really talented people that work just as hard, if not harder than some of us on their rooms. ;)

shiregirl
07-19-2005, 11:17 PM
OK now that I know Cls are volunteers thats different. But programers who put the game together shouldnt really be able to either and do you notice a trend of people that win is starting to be the same few people out of the 1500 different people that are on vmk.I do not know of any game programmers who won this contest. Who are they?

As for me, this is the first time I have ever won anything sponsored by VMK. :) It was a shock, let me tell you! :D I have won some guest room games before... ;) as have most of us, I am sure.

tigressjewel
07-19-2005, 11:29 PM
I am thinking, perhaps, that Invisibility shows up upon logout/login...meaning, if they awarded it while you're on, you have to log out and then back in.

Otherwise, if that doesn't work, send a note to contact us on the main page. They only know of those who wrote them, I'm sure.

The Invisibility pin will show up in your pins inventory, according to the few people I have talked to about where to look...and they promptly found it. ;)
This was a good thought, but it hasn't worked for me so far. I've contacted them twice on the contact us page, and I also sent a message using the help in the game the night of judging about 12:30 to see if I should still wait. They did respond to me telling me yes, they were still trying to get around to as many as possible. I feel pretty certain they should have my username and email. Thats great that your friends had theirs show up, I'll keep checking mine too. If anyone else hears anything about this consolation prize, I hope they'll post.

Just wanted to add also that I hope we all keep in mind that this game is brand new and there are bound to be lessons that need to be learned. I think its great we have this forum to vent/discuss in and I hope we all keep a good attitude about it all and remember it is all virtual, nobody is really out or gaining anything.

Supernova08
07-20-2005, 01:55 AM
Hey, I know I am new to this whole VMK thing, and I just opened my accont not more than 2 weeks ago. I held the title of guest179688 until Sunday night, and amazingly i won the runner-up for Space Most Tranquil Room. The prob is that since I now have a new user name since mine got approved, I don't know if they know who won since I haven't received a pin or a message or e-mail about it.

Should I like e-mail VMK about it in case they didn't know my user name got approved or something???

Any Ideas?????????

connorsdad
07-20-2005, 02:58 AM
Hey, I know I am new to this whole VMK thing, and I just opened my accont not more than 2 weeks ago. I held the title of guest179688 until Sunday night, and amazingly i won the runner-up for Space Most Tranquil Room. The prob is that since I now have a new user name since mine got approved, I don't know if they know who won since I haven't received a pin or a message or e-mail about it.

Should I like e-mail VMK about it in case they didn't know my user name got approved or something???

Any Ideas?????????
you could probably email them just in case but im sure they have your guest name/number linked to your new name. knowing vmk it will probably just be a few days before you get it. congrats again..

WDWTigger72
07-20-2005, 11:27 PM
They definitely have your guest name linked to your new member name. A few weeks back they wanted to remove personal information from the game and my member name changes from WDWTigger72 to WDWTiggerRT...Since the game is geared more towards children they have decided that numbers representing your age should be removed. All my scores, pins, furnishings, etc definitely transferred over...It is really only a name change on the back end computer systems, pretty easy if I am thinking about Windows 2000 account administration (I know this game isn't Windows, Just an example)....