View Full Version : Very Important Tour Update

alice
12-01-2005, 12:58 AM
At Disneyland on Wednesday, I talked to the castmembers at the VMK booth.

Tuesday was the last day for guests to be able to receive a tour card when they turn in all their quests. (There was some confusion about this; castmembers had mistakenly been telling people that the deadline was through Wednesday.)

At this point, there is no way to get on the tour unless you already have a tour card; they are not issuing any more. And of course December 23 is the last day to take the tour.

However, you may turn in your completed park quests, unused tour cards, or Hidden Mickey prize print-outs for card packs. Each pack contains all the pirate quest prizes, plus BTM train teleporters, the Gorilla poster and the Rhino poster.

You can tell things are kind of in a state of upheaval right now, and castmembers are doing whatever they can to make this transition as painless as possible for guests.

So sorry if any of you missed your chance to take the tour. :(

prisoner
12-02-2005, 05:38 PM
However, you may turn in your completed park quests, unused tour cards, or Hidden Mickey prize print-outs for card packs. Each pack contains all the pirate quest prizes, plus BTM train teleporters, the Gorilla poster and the Rhino poster.

Oh man... I wish they had this policy when I was there this summer. I didn't want to go on the tour, but wouldn't have minded getting the loot, but they wouldn't let me do that. C'est la vie.

alice
12-02-2005, 07:25 PM
Oh man... I wish they had this policy when I was there this summer. I didn't want to go on the tour, but wouldn't have minded getting the loot, but they wouldn't let me do that. C'est la vie.Yes, in my opinion this is not such a bad deal. The tour is really aimed at people who are not familiar with VMK, and a lot of the information is redundant. If you'd rather not compete for the trivia question cards, this is the best deal of all, because three of them are included in your card pack! You do miss the gold set, other trivia question cards, and red penny press.

SleepyPiglet
12-02-2005, 07:26 PM
Aww man! I'm going to WDW soon and I guess I won't be able to take the tour :(

dudedark
12-02-2005, 07:27 PM
does that mean no more gold stuff? will they make it retired?

alice
12-02-2005, 07:33 PM
Aww man! I'm going to WDW soon and I guess I won't be able to take the tour :(This information is for Disneyland park in California only. I don't know what's happening with WDW but you might want to check the "Quests" forum; there are some threads there specifically about WDW.

does that mean no more gold stuff? will they make it retired?Cast members at Disneyland were saying that the gold set might be the new prize for turning in the Hidden Mickey Quest certificate.

dudedark
12-02-2005, 07:35 PM
oh ok i was just wondering then i would have rare stuff

Poseidon
12-02-2005, 07:56 PM
So...the tours are completely gone there?

Aww, man. Horizons and Ladyvader are going there, and now they can't take the tour. I guess VMK is moving on.

lilkinka
12-02-2005, 08:10 PM
I posted the above info as a response to another thread, but since it affects anyone planning to do the tour at DLR in the next few weeks, I have permission to post it as a new thread.
tyvm for the update!

DisneyL8T
12-02-2005, 08:24 PM
So, if you have a tour card already, you can still take the tour untill Dec. 23? Or do you get the card packs now? Also, if you have a hidden mickey certificate, can you still go on the tour or have they changed that too?
Thanks.

simeyhimey
12-03-2005, 03:52 AM
hello:xmas24:

Ravenisfaven
12-03-2005, 03:54 AM
OK that is great. I have had a tour card forever and it has not expired yet so I will probobly just get the pack of cards

Schmoofysis
12-03-2005, 03:56 AM
Is the same thing happening at WDW?

superman92805
12-03-2005, 06:55 AM
Wow just finished the Tomorrowland quest and Hidden Mickey Quest. Sad that I missed the tour but as long as they bring it back I am good!

Inchantmente
12-03-2005, 07:11 AM
i just went to disneyland over thanksgiving...good thing i got to go on the tour before they get rid of it. it was sad though, they closed thunder mountain for the day when i was there. we still got to answer questions though.

RikuBlade
12-03-2005, 12:10 PM
What! Who said they wanted to replace the tours!

witchesrock
12-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Replace the tours?!

Hey, just wait till Summer! Then you can close the tours.

spbink
12-03-2005, 03:08 PM
So if they're closing the tours does that mean that the VIP badges will become more rare?

Miss.Adventure
12-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Yeah i think thanks goodness i made a good trade! Gold penny press for vip code! Im finally having something rare lol

NaviMap
12-08-2005, 07:16 AM
All we know is that the insider tour will be discontinuing Dec 23 and possibly being permanently replaced by a new in-park adventure. "Rumors" from some cast members at Innoventions is that there is talk of a "mega-quest" in the plans that will involve the entire Disneyland Park plus other parks (such as DCA in Disneyland Resort). Haven't seen much news about it so I will still consider them rumors that have not been confirmed.

What we don't know is which prizes from the Insider Tour will be discontinued, which ones will remain, and if some remain, what different way will there be to get them.

AnitaNap
12-08-2005, 12:12 PM
We just returned from WDW. Here is the information that we received.

-I turned in a Hidden Mickey Sheet which should have entitled me to a VIP
card which in turn gave me a tour opportunity. I was told they were no
longer accepting that particular printout.
-The new Hidden Mickey Sheet printout gives you the Gold Collection Set
which must be redeemed at the park.
-We turned in all Quest packs and received the following:
-Fantasyland-all prizes no changes
-Adventureland-all prizes no changes
-Frontierland-all prizes no changes
-Tomorrowland-all prizes no changes
-Pirate Tour Quest Cards-couch, sand, seat, fire window, room, insider
pirate pin as well as Gorilla poster, Rhino Poster and Train Teleports.
-No VIP card was given which indicated tours will be discontinued or
changed
-We then took the tour (Pirate Version) where we received the same items
listed above as well as the Gold Collection Set at the end of the tour.
The only cards that seemed unique to the tour and not available else-
where were cards passed out by the guide for correct answers to
trivia: Lifestyle Collection, Pink Nemo Chair, Credit Cards
The tour guide was very non committal as to the questions concerning
future tours. He did indicate that many prizes would be incorpor-
ated into the game itself as we see by the new Hidden Mickey Prize.

Maybe this information helps........:xmas22:

bitofsnshn
12-09-2005, 04:49 PM
So WDW has the Pirate Quest cards now. I thought ony disneyland in CA. Can anyone else confirm that WDW had pirate stuff.

DsnyManiac
12-09-2005, 07:09 PM
i never knew WDW had pirates quest either

tiggerspice
12-09-2005, 07:35 PM
I agree with you Priz and Alice
I had a montrous headache when I went on the tour. It was hot and took 3 hours. (rides were fun though with no lines!)
I would have LOVED to just get three "pack"s.

However I was lucky to get to go at all,so I don't mean to sound ungrateful.

I hope the mega quest is true. I'd rather do an independent but larger quest than structured tour. This would allow a lot more flexibility in my park schedule!

~el tig

AwesomeDLRFan
12-16-2005, 08:12 AM
Alice
Drat! Double Drat! I have tour cards but doubt i will be able to get on the tour before it closes. I thought the insider's tour was a wise ploy on Disney's part to keep us renewing our annual passes - guess not.
I'm definitely bummed out.
I think the tour would have been better received if they made it more accessible (greater than 30 per day) and shorter in length (1 1/2 hours). If you arrived at Disneyland half hour before it opened, by the time you ran for the kiosk people signing up 8 people already filled the two tours. Just have tours four or six times a day. Have Community Leaders teach it LOL!