View Full Version : VMK Newsletter 12/01/2005 - VMK Thanksgiving Quest Results Are In!

WDWTigger72
12-01-2005, 11:48 PM
You Talked, We Listened - Tour and More!
In our recent website survey, you told us you'd like to see some changes to the in-Park rewards, including possibly replacing the Tour. We're listening, and we'll be trying out a few other prizes to see how you like them. Stay tuned to this space for more info, and visit Disneyland ® park or the Magic Kingdom ® Park for some great VMK stuff!

The VMK Thanksgiving Quest results are IN!

After looking at all of the entries and eliminating the ones who weren't eligible, we drew the following winners at random:

Grand Prize (Dancing Inferno, Haunted Mansion Conservatory Room, and 2,000 credits):
Propman

First Place (Dancing Inferno and 1,000 credits)
Pixiebell
Guest575610
CheetahTamer
PirateChip
Xiris
Jdiboy
CL_TwirlerGirl
Astrouniverse
Hagen
RocketeerBoy

Runner-Up (500 credits)
TinkTude
FairyMoon
WicketWars
StitchToon
CL_Dizznygrl
Captain-Heather
MoonDawg
MickXtreme
Guest324522
Grvalley

Congratulations to all our winners!

Everyone else who qualified will receive the Jungle Cruise Laughing Hyena Pin with our thanks. Sorry -- no prizes will be awarded for entries that were incorrect, late, early, or missing a valid Character name.

Mickey is on the move!

The current Hidden Mickey Quest is soon coming to an end! Complete the Quest now and claim your reward, because once the new Quest launches you will have to start over. You can find out how many Hidden Mickeys you have or start the Quest at VMK Central on Main Street. Not sure how to start the Quest? Ask a Community Leader for help.

TIP: You can delete pictures from your Camera, including Hidden Mickeys, and get 5 credits for each picture. Deleting a Quest picture does not affect your Quest total.

MrGenie
12-01-2005, 11:57 PM
If you want to discuss the Thanksgiving Quest / Winners, please use this thread (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25928) (already in progress :)). Feel free to discuss other aspects of the new newsletter here!

I'll start...who actually sent in a survey saying that the in-park tour should be replaced? This sounds odd to me. Also, I am curious about the new hidden Mickey quest. Do you think this means Frontierland is right around the corner? Do you think they will actually fix the bug this time and make all of the hidden mickeys work? :D

Poseidon
12-02-2005, 01:04 AM
I love the new Hidden Mickey idea! They probably will do it when they add Frontierland, and the rest of Tomorrowland (During the Holidays), Like they've said on the tours.

And, I like that we get 5 credits back.

50x5=250, which means we get 250 credits back out of the 2000 credits we spend to get all the photos. Yippee.

PurpleMonkey
12-02-2005, 01:24 AM
If you want to discuss the Thanksgiving Quest / Winners, please use this thread (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25928) (already in progress :)). Feel free to discuss other aspects of the new newsletter here!

I'll start...who actually sent in a survey saying that the in-park tour should be replaced? This sounds odd to me. Also, I am curious about the new hidden Mickey quest. Do you think this means Frontierland is right around the corner? Do you think they will actually fix the bug this time and make all of the hidden mickeys work? :D

During the "what woud like as a reward?" question (something similar to that). I choose the Special Seating for Wishes

Poseidon
12-02-2005, 01:30 AM
During the "what woud like as a reward?" question (something similar to that). I choose the Special Seating for Wishes
As did I. I'd rather have seating to that, seeing as it's so crowded without VIP seating.

PiratePauly
12-02-2005, 02:08 AM
What was the answers, did they say? I put Turkey Pumpkin Pie but I was curious if I was right. I know people were drawn by random but I was just wondering

Poseidon
12-02-2005, 02:11 AM
What was the answers, did they say? I put Turkey Pumpkin Pie but I was curious if I was right. I know people were drawn by random but I was just wondering
As seen in this (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25487) fantastic thread, you'd find you were correct, and will get a Laughing Hyena pin. :)

DarkKnightCecil
12-02-2005, 02:33 AM
im going to have to trade for a hyena pin darn LOL

Lady
12-02-2005, 04:40 AM
I'll start...who actually sent in a survey saying that the in-park tour should be replaced? This sounds odd to me.

I voted that I liked the tour best. I wish there had been a place to actually write in comments, though. While I like the tour, it is rather crowded. It'd be nice to keep the tour but have options of different prizes. Maybe give everyone who completes all the quests the choice of the tour or VIP seating, and give those people who choose the seating a pack of randomly assorted cards from the quest. I'll be very sad if they take the tour away completely. :(

Another thing that would be cool is to let those who finish all the quests purchase special real VMK merchandise. I love the VMK Insiders Tour pin the tour guides wear in the parks. :)

NASAMan
12-02-2005, 11:57 AM
I as well voted for special seating for Wishes. I just spent an hour on the Tomorrowland bridge holding a place while my kids went on rides. Although I enjoy the people watching and enjoying SpectroMagic from a short distance away, watching Wishes with fellow players would really cap a day at the park. Perhaps a new badge would be issued: dark blue with a firework burst titled Wishes Watcher.

BTW congrats to those winners from Propman on down to all the Hyenas!

One more thing for those going to the park for the holidays: Make sure to do the quests (including printing out your own Tomorrowland quest). When you turn them in, ask about the tour (which is cancelled for the holidays). They will GIVE you the card pack from the tour: Pirate Quest cards (including Pirate Prison), BTM Train Transporter, and random Jungle Cruise cards (we got posters and Hippo Rug). They will ask when you last did the tour and scan your park pass, so make sure everyone in your party takes advantage of this!

Lady
12-02-2005, 04:25 PM
I guess I'm lucky, I've never had to wait more than 30 minutes or so to get a decent spot for the fireworks. Except for Illuminations at Epcot, but that's my favorite fireworks show. I did sit in a VIP area at Disneyland, it was included with that 50th anniversary tour. We had an area at the train station. It was pretty nice. I want to see it again sometime from a closer spot, though. I have a feeling if they do VIP seating, it won't be in a prime area, especially since this would be basically free. I like getting on the rides with no waiting more than getting VIP seating, especially since the rides they do are among my favorites. :D

Now Fantasmic, that'd be another story. Fantasmic seating at the Studios in Florida isn't TOO bad since they have that big stadium with the almost but not quite completely uncomfortable benches. In the off season, you can walk up at the end and usually at least get in. But Fantasmic at Disneyland, that was insane! I just saw it there for the first time about a year ago. It was completely nuts! :@@: I felt like I was in a sardine tin. But because of that, I have a feeling that VIP seating to Fantasmic would probably be as popular if not MORE popular than the tour, so that wouldn't really solve their problem. I mean, people are paying what? $60 just for the VIP Fantasmic seating now? Granted it includes dessert, but still.

You know, they should do a game based on Fantasmic in VMK, it'd make a perfect candidate for a platform "defeat evil and save the world" type game.

Anyway, back on topic, my vote is still for a choice. I probably would try out the VIP seating at least once, especially if there was a different badge, but I love the tour. :)

RedRockingMint
12-02-2005, 04:30 PM
i did not think that guest knowes how rare that i mean like i wonder if he would trade!:xmas35:

yochris
12-02-2005, 08:23 PM
Did anyone esle get two hyennia pins? lol

By the way I think the parks are just fine.. I'm a little sad because unlike people with seasonal passes it kind of sadens those people who would love to but could not go to Disney.. Maybe they should make some sort of tour for Disney Stores throughout the U.S... although that would kind of still not be totally fair as there is still none of them in my area.. But I think they should try and make it be able so everyone no matter where they live can participate.. I don't think I got this survey.. I wouldn't know why.. Maybe they knew I would tell them they should be more fair.. 0_o lol who knows..

Xiris
12-03-2005, 12:48 AM

Personally I believe this is true. VMK has specified this event will be a mountain of fun, (Splash Mountain, BTM) and that yavn said the new frontierland would be out around this time. He also said the Ghost Hunters game would be out soon, as in before christmas, so Obviously since that game is frontier land, i am sure Frontierland is indeed opening :).

Angel Fancy
12-03-2005, 01:06 AM
I had the right answer but I haven't received the pin yet. Oh well, just my luck. I just wonder if I entered to late. I sent my answer in on Monday. Angel Fancy:xmas33: :xmas24: :xmas22:

Somtimers
12-03-2005, 01:12 AM
interesting is this the in park thanksgiving quest other wise if it is not i am confused because winners for in vmk thanksgiving quest just got hyena pin.

DarkKnightCecil
12-07-2005, 12:49 AM
VIP for Fantasmic would be AWESOME.
Usually you can get an ok seat if you go an hour or so early
There are 2 dessert buffets but you gotta pay big bucks