View Full Version : well no more judging ugh

Ducky Wucky
07-18-2005, 04:51 AM
i waited forever for a cast member to come for nothing!

JGsLoVe713
07-18-2005, 04:52 AM
Sigh, me too :(

Indychick
07-18-2005, 05:04 AM
*sigh* I waited too! I guess they probably had way too many entries! Oh well! I was hoping for a consolation prize! :) At least I had fun tonight with all the people who came to visit. Thanks to everyone who came to wish me luck and say hello! You made the night fun! And a special thank you to Rogie for giving me the great joke to include in my room description. And I would like to thank the acadamy..... oh wait, I didn't win anything! LOL! Lighten up people! No matter what you think there will always be a "next time"!

Oh yeah, I won a space suit today! Woot Woot!

Shadow Knuckles
07-18-2005, 05:05 AM
Same I waited whith my cousin and no cast ever came.Well at least me and him enterd space contest :wave2:

greenhpper
07-18-2005, 05:05 AM
Me three! I also waited yesterday and my kid's room was never judged. I know it's free to play and do quests and we shouldn't be too mad but try explaining that to a small child who has been waiting for several hours. We alos put a lot of time and effort into ours rooms just to lose out to popular rooms. Was it a creative contest or a popularity contest. They want to promote the game and get people to the parks. I'm not seeing how motivated kids are going to be to play if contests such as these are so poorly executed. I also noticed that East Coast players had to stay up very late as compared to West Coast player. The space room judging was help from 5 to 7pm eastern/2pm to 4pm Pacific whereas the celebration room judging was from 10 to MIDNIGHT! eastern/7 to 9 Pacific. Seems a bit biased hour wise to Pacific. But maybe that's just me. I will still play the game but I think it will be with less frequency now.

disfaniam
07-18-2005, 05:07 AM
MY room and at least five of my friends rooms were never visited.and I am sure many more ...they call that fair judging..... NOT

we even messaged VMK staff at 11:50 pm and was told to stay in our rooms and wait .they were still judging and would be there as soon as they could ....wait for what three hours for nothing This is a joke , they want people to participate, but they don't complete the contest judging so how can it be a fair judging with all the entries NOT SEEN . People have spend many credits on their room,followed the rules, sat in their rooms for three hours ,told judges were coming and then NOT BE JUDGED ........there is no way they can call that fair competition.!!!! Especially when the response was we WILL get there and never show. Hopefully someone will read these comments with some authority and get their act together !

Unlucky
07-18-2005, 05:07 AM

my friend waited forever (and i waited with him too) and nothing for him too. he should of been in and won.

PrivyToDoom
07-18-2005, 05:08 AM
Me three! I also waited yesterday and my kid's room was never judged. I know it's free to play and do quests and we shouldn't be too mad but try explaining that to a small child who has been waiting for several hours. We alos put a lot of time and effort into ours rooms just to lose out to popular rooms. Was it a creative contest or a popularity contest. They want to promote the game and get people to the parks. I'm not seeing how motivated kids are going to be to play if contests such as these are so poorly executed. I also noticed that East Coast players had to stay up very late as compared to West Coast player. The space room judging was help from 5 to 7pm eastern/2pm to 4pm Pacific whereas the celebration room judging was from 10 to MIDNIGHT! eastern/7 to 9 Pacific. Seems a bit biased hour wise to Pacific. But maybe that's just me. I will still play the game but I think it will be with less frequency now

Although they said the Judging of the celebration rooms would be 10-12 it really ended up starting at 11 and ending at 1 way too late for some people

Indychick
07-18-2005, 05:09 AM
Me three! I also waited yesterday and my kid's room was never judged. I know it's free to play and do quests and we shouldn't be too mad but try explaining that to a small child who has been waiting for several hours. We alos put a lot of time and effort into ours rooms just to lose out to popular rooms. Was it a creative contest or a popularity contest. They want to promote the game and get people to the parks. I'm not seeing how motivated kids are going to be to play if contests such as these are so poorly executed. I also noticed that East Coast players had to stay up very late as compared to West Coast player. The space room judging was help from 5 to 7pm eastern/2pm to 4pm Pacific whereas the celebration room judging was from 10 to MIDNIGHT! eastern/7 to 9 Pacific. Seems a bit biased hour wise to Pacific. But maybe that's just me. I will still play the game but I think it will be with less frequency now.

Actually my room was really popular tonight. VMK_Mocha even visited it and said it was great but that she was not a judge for my room and she wished me luck. So popular rooms can't be what makes you get the judge in..... I just think there were too many entries! Maybe I am wrong...

GBShorts
07-18-2005, 05:10 AM
Since this is all new, I think they're realizing that no way in the world can they get to all of the rooms in such a short time.

Question: How many of you had more than one Celebration or Space room? (not one of each, multiples of the same category)

This might account for many of the problems.

Also, it might be nicer if they could judge a room without you there, as many of our players are younger or have jobs to go to on a Monday morning. :) (it's midnight here as I type)

Sorry to all those who didn't get judged. I'm sure they will do an event like this at least once a month...I hope.

greenhpper
07-18-2005, 05:11 AM
Although they said the Judging of the celebration rooms would be 10-12 it really ended up starting at 11 and ending at 1 way too late for some people

I wasn't going to go there since yesterday's judging also ran later than it was supposed to. It's more the hour choices they chose based on the time zone differences but I agree, wither way it was still too late especially for young children.

GBShorts
07-18-2005, 05:12 AM
It also as a mom said before me it made some people(not from the u.s) stay up awake till 2:00 a.m in the morning...(and if you don't believe me just take a flight to argentina and compare the time).....On the internet(I thought I would never say this) Disney *****!

LOL too bad the censor got you.

Rogie
07-18-2005, 05:12 AM
Well hey, would you look at that. It's late over here on the east coast. Oh well. Perhaps it's because DLR is celebrating it's 50th, and nothing over here in the other time zones...

And on a positive note, in the waiting process I traded my extra left foot for a right so I could dance. It was quite exciting that. Methinks the wait was made slightly more palatable by having some other folks areound for company. So for all of those who were judged and then spent timem with others, kudos to you. And for people like me who had nothing better to do and spent three hours in a room you didn't even enter into the contest...well...give yourself a pat on the back. Or something.

greenhpper
07-18-2005, 05:13 AM
Question: How many of you had more than one Celebration or Space room? (not one of each, multiples of the same category)

I had one of each as per the rules. I can't speak for others though.

Indychick
07-18-2005, 05:14 AM
Well hey, would you look at that. It's late over here on the east coast. Oh well. Perhaps it's because DLR is celebrating it's 50th, and nothing over here in the other time zones...

And on a positive note, in the waiting process I traded my extra left foot for a right so I could dance. It was quite exciting that. Methinks the wait was made slightly more palatable by having some other folks areound for company. So for all of those who were judged and then spent timem with others, kudos to you. And for people like me who had nothing better to do and spent three hours in a room you didn't even enter into the contest...well...give yourself a pat on the back. Or something.

ROFL! Rogie if I haven't already said it (and I know I have) I heart you!

GBShorts
07-18-2005, 05:15 AM
Yeah a pat on the back for Rogie. he stuck it out.

I started doing the same thing, visiting all my friend's rooms...

but at 10:30 (central) I decided just for fun to open my room up once the main room I promised to stay in had been judged.

and after mine was judged, I went on back to other's rooms.

It's the right thing to do when they're stuck there LOL

Lizbeth
07-18-2005, 05:19 AM
i had no problem today, but yesterday my 7 year old grandson had made a room all himself. he waited abiyt 4 hours or so, then they announced the judging was done. noone had come. talk about disswapointment. he was crying for quite awhile.

GBShorts
07-18-2005, 05:20 AM
i had no problem today, but yesterday my 7 year old grandson had made a room all himself. he waited abiyt 4 hours or so, then they announced the judging was done. noone had come. talk about disswapointment. he was crying for quite awhile.

Poor kid! :( well, tell him there will be more days. keep that room together!

MrPin
07-18-2005, 05:20 AM
look me and a lot of other people did not get judged you know how unfair it is to us? NOT FAIR AT ALL! look if they where smart like most people who know how to make a virtual game where other people can play would know this

oh we will judge for abouth three days so we can get everybodys entry in. lol not!

it must of taken millions of of people to make VMK. (that was a joke if you have a good sence of humor)

Rogie
07-18-2005, 05:24 AM
Yeah a pat on the back for Rogie. he stuck it out.

Oh, please, you're too kind. But I think a referral to the Add-Ducks would be in order as well.

Seriously, though, I think that those of you who were unfortunate and did not have your rooms judged shouldn't get too up in arms about this. My feeble memory is telling me that this is only the second time the VMK staff has tried this, and in as many days.

Like the rest of the game, the kinks needed to be worked out. It seems that there are enough of you, that if you put your heads together, you might come up with some helpful advice for the staffers.

For starters, when registering for the game it might be useful to list a time zone. That way, the earlier zones can be judged first...and not make the process so haphazard.

that's my :twocents:

GBShorts
07-18-2005, 05:27 AM
For starters, when registering for the game it might be useful to list a time zone. That way, the earlier zones can be judged first...and not make the process so haphazard.

What an awesome idea! You should shoot this through to the black hole!! :)

connorsdad
07-18-2005, 05:30 AM
and that is what people need to realize when they tell us to quit complaining about a free game. yes the adults most of the time understand that sometimes thing are poorly planned out ( like judging the last two hours vmk is open , knowing that if it is anything like the space contest that they will not be done before closing for the night ) or mother nature, etc. however the target age group cannot stay up that late on the east coast and when a seven year old busts their butt to make a room all on their own and its not judged thats a problem. i have a six year old and at that age when they take the time to do anything like that it is a big deal to them. and im sorry but thats not right...

Shadow Knuckles
07-18-2005, 05:33 AM
Well its not big deal.You might get judged but you might not even win!

So its like 2 tests

Judge test

Winner test

something like that..

dizneydesi
07-18-2005, 05:47 AM
nearly everyone i knew was in the contest! thanks to staxia, Queen, Angel, Prepster and others who came by to wait with me. it was a long wait. i finally went to Genie's room at 9:35 PST; found out that he had just been judged so i raced back to my room to wait until the memo flashed on screen.

didn't find a cast member today either! i am bummed. will get over it. there is always next time. all of you who have those great ideas of judging by time zone--flood the "black hole" with those ideas. they are great!

PixelProphet
07-18-2005, 05:48 AM
look. it will never be perfect.

yesterday i had VMK_Red show up and poof my game crashed, and i did not get judged, then today i waited for an hour and a half, got bored, left came back over the next two hours, and had no one show up.

boo hoo, they tried. and i still thank them for it, great time anyway. thank you very much VMK.

if it bothers you so much, then stop playing.

Shadow Knuckles
07-18-2005, 05:51 AM
I really feel bad for cast members :( they had hard friday and saturday.There few of them and they have go to what 1660 rooms????Man that is hard job :(

if you guys complain because your room was not judge its not end of the world!Casts try there best!They got us Space suits and everything!So be happy what you have.

Skaterooni
07-18-2005, 05:54 AM
Right now I feel guilty for being judged.. a few ppl showed up at my room and BAM! it was packed.. then around 11:15 VMK_Dinky Showed up, and all of you didnt get judged.. that is not right man. :mad:

Mellennium
07-18-2005, 06:11 AM
Hi, I am new here but I wanted to add into this judging thing. I have 3 children 12 and under. Only 2 where able to join the contest as we only have 1 computer. The oldest gave the 2 younger siblings the rights to the contest. Sweet kid!! The first night of judging the second oldest sat and waited for hours! Believe it or not a judge came in and said WOW cool room, and five minutes later the judging ended. If it wasn't for his older brother to encourage him to stay and sit beside him I think my son would have given up entirely. As for tonight's judging my young daughter got overwhelmed when she entered her room at 10pm. It was popular by surprise. We did not expect that anything like this would have happened. It was like in the first 30 minutes of the judging and she is screaming mommy, mommy the judge is in my room......... she said welcome to the judge and asked to sit and bla bla bla. She said no I can't because I have others to judge but it looks like fun. I went under my name after that and went looking at the popular rooms. I found the same judge in another room SITTING! Talking and she gave out a pin or 2! Well, that is what the players said when the judge left and I thought that was supposed to end when the contest started. I maybe wrong. So I was a little bothered by this. Any ways I feel that this contest was unfair to the children when VMK says it is for ages 8 - 14 and yet they have to compete with the older. I do understand that everyone is welcomed, so maybe it should have been done by age category, not everyone in one big clump.

GBShorts
07-18-2005, 06:15 AM
Any ways I feel that this contest was unfair to the children when VMK says it is for ages 8 - 14 and yet they have to compete with the older. I do understand that everyone is welcomed, so maybe it should have been done by age category, not everyone in one big clump.

You might not be too far off on an idea here...

Granted, just because you say a game is 8-14 geared doens't mean anything.

Does that mean I can't play candyland? :( or watch Disney movies? Certainly not :)

I have seen some younger kids rooms that have been FABULOUS...better than mine ever could be. :) Don't underestimate their imaginations!

I would say younger kids have an advantage over we old folks just because we are locked into our "inside the box" thinking. Kids don't know you can't put a chair inside a cauldron...or a teleporter sideways.

AshleighPink
07-18-2005, 06:18 AM
Well said. I know it is tough for some really small kids to compete with people who are Teens or older. About the judge not coming and sitting, then doing it in another room. She may of been in a hurry then, but later on she was free. When the judge came into my room she came in said Nice room then sat, then left. The judging did confuse me a bit. But Sorry to hear your daughter didn't get judged.

Horizons
07-18-2005, 11:04 AM
Greetings. My room also did not get judged. :shifty: :10_1_23:
waited until vmk closed ( singing " show me the way to go home " from jaws might I add ) They really should have had more judges! they did know it was going to be huge like the last event. in the words of Cecil in Beany & Cecil " what de heck!?"

" but that's called Cannibalism my dear children " - willy wonka-horizon's quote of the day

Kellybean
07-18-2005, 11:52 AM
This is posted on the VMK site under Community : Newsletter :

Q: How come my room did not get judged, I was there all day?
A: The staff made every effort to visit every room that qualified. It could be you were not in your room when the judge attempted to review it. If you feel your room should have been judged and was not, please use the Contact Us form and we will look into it.

So it looks like this is the constructive and proper way to approach this if your room wasn't judged.

Iknowyou
07-18-2005, 12:19 PM
thank god no more judging :CastMem: :mickeymo: :wave2: :Tongue:

greenhpper
07-18-2005, 12:50 PM
look. it will never be perfect.

yesterday i had VMK_Red show up and poof my game crashed, and i did not get judged, then today i waited for an hour and a half, got bored, left came back over the next two hours, and had no one show up.

boo hoo, they tried. and i still thank them for it, great time anyway. thank you very much VMK.

if it bothers you so much, then stop playing.

I'm sorry to hear that you crashed just as you were about to be judged. That's probaly worse that no visits at all. I'd say you were most adult about it. Kids don't have that in them. At the age that they would be able to play, rules are very important. They follow the rules and dont' understand why they were not able to participate. My son is ok with losing (most times) but he likes to be to have a CHANCE to PLAY. It's about participation.
As far as your comment about not playing, this isn't about that. We are merely venting our frustrations and should be allowed to do so. By venting we may come up with some actual solutions such as Rogie's suggestoin about the time zones. Have you never complained before?

AdventureKid
07-18-2005, 01:09 PM
I didnt get judged but I haad fun talking to my friends about stuff and im HAPPY about that! :)

Mieriko
07-18-2005, 01:13 PM
I got disconnected last night at 11:30, and I wasn't going to wait til the end of the night for my room to be judged. I had a feeling I'd be put at the bottom of the list, as if I wasn't there already.

cheshiregrl
07-18-2005, 03:07 PM
I sat there for 3 hours and nothing......

SIGH

Jord
07-18-2005, 03:09 PM
I gave them til 12:10 they never came and you know what? I really don't care

disfaniam
07-18-2005, 04:58 PM
tried sending message today to vmk staff with question about the contest, as the newsletter said to do , all I got was error message could not send. must be they are getting many messages and are on overload.

kiriv
07-18-2005, 05:25 PM
and that is what people need to realize when they tell us to quit complaining about a free game. yes the adults most of the time understand that sometimes thing are poorly planned out ( like judging the last two hours vmk is open , knowing that if it is anything like the space contest that they will not be done before closing for the night ) or mother nature, etc. however the target age group cannot stay up that late on the east coast and when a seven year old busts their butt to make a room all on their own and its not judged thats a problem. i have a six year old and at that age when they take the time to do anything like that it is a big deal to them. and im sorry but thats not right...

That was my little 7 year old (Hawkboy) who worked so hard on his room.. (lizbeth is my mother in Real life ) I was up for a while trying to consol him.. he really wanted to be judged.
he even had his older brother sit and watch when he went to the bathroom.. it was so cute, and sad at the same time.. I wish I could do something about it.

prisoner
07-18-2005, 05:30 PM
I wish I could do something about it.

It does seem that there is very little that can be done at this point. They suggest using the Contact Us link, but I completely fail to see what they can do, if they even read your message. Still, as a parent, this might be the only thing that gets through to them.

piratepbwish
07-18-2005, 11:18 PM
my friend and i waited in my room for hours! but not one judge came:( I spent so much time and money on my room:( it isn't fair that they don't get to all rooms

claribella
07-18-2005, 11:54 PM
I waited for three hours, I'm west coast so the judging took place between 7-10 pm. I was there that whole time, my sister kept me company and watched the room as I tried to put my baby to sleep

Then low and behold at 9:55pm, VMK_Mocha entered my room.

*gasp* My heart stops. I clicked on her character to make sure it was VMK staff and it was. She said Hi, I said HI and waved. :wave2: She walked around my room, complimented me, asked about my theme. We talked for a couple of seconds. Then she gave me more compliments and thanks me for entering and waiting, then she left and waved goodbye.

I waited till the very last minute and it was well worth it. Even my sister was impressed. And VMK_Mocha was just super nice.

For those who didn't get judged, maybe a judged sneaked in while you had your eyes away from the computer for just a second. I'm telling you VMK_Mocha appeared rather quickly and if I hadn't been sitting there staring at the computer screen I might have missed her talking to me. So maybe your room did get judged and you just didn't notice it. I hope that is what happened. :)

Dnphm
07-19-2005, 12:05 AM
yea same with me i waited so long that i had to get coffee omg it was a pain in the neck!

claribella
07-19-2005, 12:13 AM
well does anyone know when they will announce the winner? They said monday and monday is just about over?

Ah well, no rush.

Squirrelgirl
07-19-2005, 03:25 AM
So I logged in tonight, and to my surprise, I can't stand the sight of my Celebration room! I guess three hours staring at it last night was too much. It's burned into my retina. :happy:

GBShorts
07-19-2005, 04:19 AM
well does anyone know when they will announce the winner? They said monday and monday is just about over?

Ah well, no rush.

Speaking with VMK_Red this morning, I was told today or tomorrow-there were more rooms than they expected to have to go through!

Jones
07-19-2005, 04:26 AM
VMK_Annie entered in my room in 9:50 PM then she said nice room! I replied back thanks! I waited for the judge for 3 hours and it pays off eventually.

HappyGlo
07-19-2005, 08:19 AM
I am sure all those non emergency uses of the help button made the judges slower. I saw one staff say that. Guess we can thank all of those that called for help, wasting their time answering those calls, instead of being able to judge rooms. So thanks! Way to go!