View Full Version : VMK Request to be Honored

SpinMarty
11-24-2005, 02:07 AM
Attention VMK Forum Members
UPDATE
The VMK staff has informed us that due to technical difficulties,
the quest answers will not be accepted until Monday.

Apparently there was to be an option in the Call for Help area, but the geeks ran into trouble running it, so the option isn't there yet.

The staff has places photos in their rooms with captions that explain this situation. We are told they will not accept answers today at all (through the Help button or elsewhere) and they are confident this feature will be working tomorrow.

UPDATE #2
VMK is now accepting answers. Go to the VMK Home Page, and then click on Contact Us at the bottom of the page. After you log in (using your VMK e-mail address and password), "Thanksgiving Quest" is the first choice in the dropdown menu.

UPDATE #3
As clarified in tonight's newsletter, VMK is still accepting Thanksgiving Quest answers until 10:00 PST tonight (11/29). Please don't post any spoilers until the VMK Home Page is no longer accepting answers.

We are as excited as you about this weekend's Thanksgiving Quest Event! This sounds like a fun game for all.

In this week's newsletter (posted here (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24172)) you may have read:
And please, please don't post the answers on any fan sites until the Quest is over, it'll spoil the fun for everyone else.
In the spirit of this quest and to honor the request of the VMK Staff, we will not allow any "spoilers" for this event - even in the "Secrets of the VMK" group. This includes posting what the NPCs are saying, guest room titles, and a description of the photos. All of these are considered spoilers. You may PM hints to each other, but you are not allowed to post things like "PM me for the answers" or "PM the answers to me."

This will keep the event more of a challenge for everyone!

Special note: it does appear that some of the NPCs may have their information a little backwards, so make sure you visit a guest room for each of the NPCs each day, regardless if they tell you specific day to visit their room.

Good luck and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

~VMK Forums Moderators

splashdiva
11-24-2005, 02:08 AM
ah so the've finaly caught on to us... oh well good call on being honest. :) especialy for this fun event.

MayaWolf
11-24-2005, 02:08 AM
Thank you thank you thank you thank you! Oh, and did I mention, THANK YOU! lol

darthmatt
11-24-2005, 02:10 AM
Vmk knows that the vmk fan site is spoiled LOL

Thrax
11-24-2005, 02:10 AM
could we have the answer PMed to us?

darthmatt
11-24-2005, 02:12 AM
could we have the answer PMed to us?
No, that would still be cheating

CuteHaliey
11-24-2005, 02:14 AM
Attention VMK Forum Members
We are as excited as you about this weekend's Thanksgiving Quest Event! This sounds like a fun game for all.

In this week's newsletter (posted here (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24172)) you may have read:

In the spirit of this quest and to honor the request of the VMK Staff, we will not allow any "spoilers" for this event - even in the "Secrets of the VMK" group.

This will keep the event more of a challenge for everyone!

Good luck and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

~VMK Forums Moderators

Woot now this will be fun! Thank you SpinMarty!

Thrax
11-24-2005, 02:14 AM
but it was not posted
it is a personal message
which is PERSONAL

Miss.Adventure
11-24-2005, 02:30 AM
awesome is my only word i say!

SweepHunter
11-24-2005, 03:04 AM
Thank you VMK Forums for honoring the wishes of VMK.

AmazingSam
11-24-2005, 03:10 AM
Good idea. :) That way, it will be more fun for all players to do the quests. :)

SpinMarty
11-24-2005, 03:16 AM
Please remember that it was the request of the VMK Staff for YOU, the player, to not post spoilers, not for we, the moderators to remove posts should they be posted. We just chose, this time, to make our job a little easier and to help make the event more challenging.

It was a decision after a discussion amongst the moderators to do this. It had nothing to do with VMK asking us to not allow spoilers. We could have just as easily let it be posted in the "Secrets" section but chose not to. This fan site is, afterall, independent of the VMK employees.

Enjoy the event.

SpinMarty

Galaxee
11-24-2005, 03:17 AM
Yes I am very happy that this site is not doing spoilers for this. I also think this should be fair for everyone, and when there are spoilers it isn't fair to everyone. When the prizes are awarded and such, then I can't wait to see the answers!

Galaxee
:CastMem:

Thrax
11-24-2005, 03:28 AM
why do people care that spoilers are reliesed?
it can be more fun to them if they don't look at it i mean they don't personally need to look at it

MissAmber
11-24-2005, 03:54 AM
Thank you :) This will be a great event!

DarkKnightCecil
11-24-2005, 04:36 AM
im sure they will be watching us the most. Hey one of the Admins block Yavn jk :)

witchesrock
11-24-2005, 01:21 PM
Thanks a LOT! Because I know that if you didn't speak up about it, people just might have . . .

Spilled the beans.

--------
:CastMem:

PowerGirl
11-24-2005, 01:52 PM
Ok, who snitched on us? LOL jk.

Yeah, I think that's only fair that we don't well uh, get a bit of "enrichment" from the forums so everyone can have a fair quest event. It's kind of like a little needle jabbing into my hot air balloon, but I have to agree that it wouldn't be fair.

Annientink
11-24-2005, 01:54 PM
Heh, I am going to have so much trouble with this event. I really don't understand the whole process..

Nap
11-24-2005, 01:58 PM
you can still help people im glad this involves the yeti! :)

MrGenie
11-24-2005, 04:33 PM
Some people have asked if Thanksgiving Quest answers can still be shared via Private Message. Since the VMK request only applies to posting, I don't think it is against their rules and it is not against the forum rules. However, please do not post anything like, "PM ME IF YOU WANT THE ANSWERS" because that still violates the rule against posting answers. Thanks!

splashdiva
11-24-2005, 07:17 PM
um maybe we should rethink this... I know I said it was a good idea but seriously this event is way confusing. Some of the pictures could mean up to five difrent things. can we find a way to help eachother but not cheat? there has to be a way...

injust
11-24-2005, 11:15 PM
um maybe we should rethink this... I know I said it was a good idea but seriously this event is way confusing. Some of the pictures could mean up to five difrent things. can we find a way to help eachother but not cheat? there has to be a way...
like splashdiva said there has to be a way to help each other without cheating

dil772
11-24-2005, 11:33 PM
If u get the answer it doesn't automatically mean you get the prize, but still people shouldn't give out answers.

Macz
11-25-2005, 01:56 AM
i dont understnad the quest ......

Green_Day_Lover
11-25-2005, 07:21 PM
Well since some of us (and myself) need help, we should make a group on vmk and think together.
i tried the shrunken ned one and these are tough.
usually it works best if we have more than one person trying to figure it out.
u no, 2 heads work better that 1

LittleJoe
11-25-2005, 07:23 PM
Well, it sounded like an interesting concept, and I do enjoy word puzzles, but I only had time to find one clue on VMK today because of Thanksgiving preparations and entertaining. So I guess I've missed my chance at today's other three letters. Or do they leave them up each day?
They are left up each day.
Edit:1000 post.

Jdrizzle
11-25-2005, 08:26 PM
I have to agree thanks except fridays quest was a little hard but i finally found the answer....after 5 hours

ApplePuff
11-26-2005, 02:22 AM
What does NPC MEAN?

mockingbird
11-26-2005, 02:27 AM
What does NPC MEAN?
it means non-playable chacter like the yeti or blackheart.

AGgal
11-26-2005, 11:21 PM
i always have to get ppl to stop sharing their answers; it's not playing how VMK staff is wanting us to, some players are making debacles sharing their answers and sneaking into the leader lobby. u know, VMK staff ius trying their hardest to make the game creators dream of VMK come true and those ungrateful players are ruining it all

Guitargal
11-27-2005, 06:24 AM
thank you thank you

jab1235
11-27-2005, 02:45 PM
i realy realy dont get it but my friend and i have a clue

MaidMarianne
11-27-2005, 03:18 PM
I am pretty sure that I have got the puzzle worked out.:xmas16:

I got stuck for a while but even without the last 4 letters, I am almost 100% sure what it spells.

Without giving anything away, once you figure out how they think, the whole thing is simple.

If you have ever taken an IQ test , you start to realize that there are patterns and logic involved, the same thing applies here.

It is a lot easier once you figure out the pattern.

I dont think I gave anything away here.

Good Luck,

Lisa:xmas10:

Moderators may remove this if you think it is not allowed.

LUCKY YOU THEN!!!! Lol, i have all the letters but dont really understand what they spell, this event makes my brain hurt :( lol

GenieOfLamp
11-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Thx for the update!

BriarRose
11-27-2005, 10:58 PM
I really love this quest, it is fun and I am enjoying it. Thanks for coming up with such a great idea.:)

RikuBlade
11-27-2005, 11:02 PM
I really love this quest, it is fun and I am enjoying it. Thanks for coming up with such a great idea.:)
Same here, turns out this event is MUCH easier than i predicted. I have had the answer since day one rotfl

jab1235
11-27-2005, 11:57 PM
i know it i know it i can evan say it on vmk it _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ lol im not telling im not telling

gatechgal
11-28-2005, 02:53 AM
If you are still having trouble, review the explanation of the game on the newsletter. That will describe the type of things the letters should spell. That was where I slowed down a little bit. I had the letters, but needed that info on what types of words I was trying to spell.
Also be sure to study the captions on the pictures. They are very helpful. And you usually have to get the EXACT name for some of the stuff in the pictures so you might need to check out some of the shops.

Good Luck. I can't wait to send in my answers tomorrow. :xmas16:

VisitingTheMouse
11-28-2005, 04:22 PM
So, when do we get to post the answers and WHERE in VMK help??
I don't see anything yet for the Thanksgiving Quest.
Thanks!!

VisitingTheMouse
11-28-2005, 04:49 PM
I was playing on vmk and clicked on Call For Help to send message where to post answers for the Thanksgiving Quest. The VMK people told me to go to Main Page, click on Contact Us at bottom, and send in the answers on the Thanksgiving Quest option (after you click on Player or Parent/Guardian and fill in questions for your main login name for disney site and birthdate)
and then you see the Thanksgiving Quest option to type in your answer.
That is it!!