View Full Version : All about VMK WDW tour!

SpottedDog
11-22-2005, 03:58 AM
Hi, thanks for coming to this thread. I recently went on the WDW tour and have all the up to date info on it. You may enjoy reading this for some of you don't get to go to WDW, and don't know what these tours are like. So here is exactly what I did on the tour.

When my mom, friend, and I got to Magic Kingdom we went straight to the Cinema and waited for the tour to start. The tour guide, (I forgot his name so we will just call him "What's his name". Ok? LOL. Well, anyway he gathered me my mom and friend up and told us a little about vmk and stuff and blah blah blah. We went out to main street and said.."There were three names we were thinking of using for VMK, but VMK won. There were Unleash the magic, and Rule the kingdom. 500 kids gathered in a room and chose there favorite and Virtual magic kingdom won. So then, after he finished blabbin' about that he took us to adventureland. He said that there were lots of sketches and pictures that were going to be used, but Disney's imagineers decided in the Castle garden they used a creepy tower and the castle because imagineers couldn't decide which to use. afterwards he took us to the Jungle Cruise ride and got us a boat all to ourselves, told us about how the ride and game photo safari were similar and we got on the boat. When we went around the corner of the stream in the boat he said we would play a trivia game. He asked questions and gave out cards for the adventureland quest. Soon after he got finished with this Disney know it all family he looked at me and asked what was different about the real ride and the game. I kept thinking but my mind had gone completely blank and i couldn't speak. I thought for a few seconds and just then my best friend Madison raised her hand and he looked at her. She said Elephants and he gave her a card. After a moment of her looking at it she shoved it in my face and it shocked me. He had given her the tent room code, and when I raised my hand to answer, I said hyenas and he gave me a junky chair code. It made me dissapointed and when I whispered in my mom's ear "Ask him if I can get the tent room code please!" I guess I over spoke because the tour guide heard me and said "Oh I only give that out to special answers" or somethin like that. It made me embaressed and I felt really left out. When we got off the ride, I was so dissapointed I wished I would of never gone on the tour.He took us to fronteirland after that, on a little bridge and showed a picture with new costumes on it. He showed us a picture with a girl in a red head band, a pirate shirt that was black and white and a skirt thing or something. He said it would be a new costume coming out soon for the ladies. Sorry boys! After that he took out his fronteirland cards and asked questions about what out favorite rides were. All the other kids pushed me to the side because all the kids were answering questions and telling their favorite rides and this stinkin' kid in a yellow shirt kept asking these stupid questions that made no difference, probably just asking them thinking he would get another card when he had already gotten 50,000.(scarcasm, but he did get alot!) So anyway my friend answered a question and she got big thunder teleports card, and then I raised my hand but all the other kids who got enough cards kept answering questions and the guy didn't look at me until he was out of cards. "Oh, I dont have any cards, but you can tell us anyway!" That made me feel so left out I almost cried, and then we walked back to adventureland and we went through cast members only door in pirates of the carribean. They took us right through the line, no waiting and the tour guide gave us all pirate quest card board things. We opened them and they had questions for all the Bird hat pirate pin fire wall pirate couch pirate rug and pirate stool. I got in the back seat of the boat for pirates of the caribbean, still down because i got one card when everyone else got five or six. After the ride we went outside and answered the questions. He told us about there being tons of new things coming to vmk soon.We got our cards, and he took us back to the cinema where he gave us the full gold set card and left us. After a while, me and my friend traded cards. I got her tent room code for my bird hat code and I gave her my chair code for her big thunder code. We were both happy and excited all the way home and typed in our codes when we arrived at the house. So that's it..any questions ask here or Pm me and I'll be happy to answer them! Thanks for reading! Good night!

hulajenny
11-22-2005, 04:04 AM
That sounded cool, sorry you couldn't get more cards, but hopefully you still had a good time. I was just wondering how early you got there because when i went, i got there an hour after the park opened and the tour had already filled up! I don't think there's a difference in lines at WDW from DLR but i'm just wondering how early i would have to get there to get a tour. :wave2:

Arcaddian
11-22-2005, 04:19 AM
I know someone that signed up for the tour almost a month in advance! They wanted to make sure that they were able to go when they were availabe to go again. Usually the tour fills up within the first half hour that the park is opened. As soon as you enter the park, RUN! LOL

barfownz
11-22-2005, 04:31 AM
great story, have some good rep

SpottedDog
11-22-2005, 02:50 PM
Well, actually, lol, me and my mom made reservations a day before. All the tours were backed up by days so everyone with tour cards have been going in making reservations like hungry hyenas fighting for food. LOL.

DarkKnightCecil
11-22-2005, 03:16 PM
If you want to get a ET room in the morning once VMK opens go play Jungle Cruise and get a semi-good score and usually you will be on the hi score list (easier than afternoon) plus you get 100 credits :)

SpottedDog
11-22-2005, 10:08 PM
What's an ET room?

barfownz
11-22-2005, 10:21 PM
explorers tent room

SpottedDog
11-24-2005, 03:19 AM
Ok thanks for the info then!:)

DarkKnightCecil
11-24-2005, 04:42 AM
i got two already (this is what i use my brother's favors for me since i can only redeem one every 30 days LOL)