View Full Version : July 16th Event: I Enjoyed It

MrGenie
07-17-2005, 01:47 AM
There are several threads where people are venting about not having their room judged; to those of you who waited around all day and didn't get judged, I am sorry for you. I waited for over an hour and a half, but eventually I did get judged. Despite not having enough judges though, my general impression is that today was a pretty fun day for the following reasons:
There were several new costumes and some new pins to find.

The Pirate and Yeti were talking about the Tomorrowland Quest, which was available from the VMK website.

VMK Cast Members were walking around asking questions and giving out a variety of prizes (and yes, I got a teleporter pin eventually, so this is probably another reason I am happy still).

There were almost 2000 people in VMK, but my load times were still decent.

Despite the fact that some of you didn't get your rooms judged, a lot of people did get their rooms judged. So, all in all, I would say this event went off MUCH better than the Summer Bash/parade (although I missed the parade, so that is yet another reason why I need to qualify my opinion).

I am hoping this thread can be a place for people to post positive comments about today's event. I know some of you do not have positive feelings, but I am hoping that a lot of you do. If you have negative comments please post them elsewhere; let's keep this thread happy! :) Thanks VMK for trying to make a fun event and for putting more thought into this than the Server Test (Summer Bash).

skies
07-17-2005, 01:53 AM
i was busy sitting in my room while i went out to see charlie and the chocolate factory! I wish i could have gotten a prize for talking to a staff member :(

MrGenie
07-17-2005, 01:54 AM
i was busy sitting in my room while i went out to see charlie and the chocolate factory! I wish i could have gotten a prize for talking to a staff member :(Is this positive? C'mon people, I know some of you had a good time today!!!

MsBehave
07-17-2005, 01:55 AM
ok, THEY WERE GIVING OUT PRIZES??? lol, i am not Lady Luck, so i had no idea about this. so i * might * follow some people around tomorrow. urg, you are so lucky.

-Ms.Behave

Cubsfan
07-17-2005, 01:57 AM
are they still giving out stuff Genie

beachhalo86
07-17-2005, 01:57 AM
well i'm glad everyone was having fun as i could not make it due to work.. even better though cause i logged on and found out that all my stuff save a water cooler and a few pins (non magic) were GONE!! i know there's a bug out there and trust me i doubt it was the culprit.. *sigh* oh well i guess i'll create a new account and try and rebuild.. have fun at the party tomorrow!!! i shall be working yet again!! bright and early for me!!

Becky
07-17-2005, 01:58 AM
LOL, MrG, i believe skies post is not positive :P :D Anyhow, my opinion is totally the same as yours, despite not getting any questions correct and/or not finding them sometimes, i really enjoyed it, it was a GREAT day.. except getting up at 8:45 AM, 15 minutes b4 VMK Opened :D :) -.- LOL. Anyhow, i think that.. despite everyone not being able to enter.. as the old saying goes: "There's always tomorrow!".. gl everyone who is entering tomorrow, i can't wait!

Poseidon
07-17-2005, 01:59 AM
I had a good time. Especially after playing Jungle Cruise 70 times to get space Suit. The only thing boring was waiting to be judged. But other wise it was a fun day!

skies
07-17-2005, 02:02 AM
My post was positive! i got to see charlie and the chocolate factory :). And yeah, there's always tomorrow (time to follow the cast members!)

Becky
07-17-2005, 02:05 AM
My post was positive! i got to see charlie and the chocolate factory :). And yeah, there's always tomorrow (time to follow the cast members!)
.. follow the leader!! oh yeah! WEEEEE! Wait.. Who's the leader? LOL :D

RoyalHighness
07-17-2005, 02:06 AM
I had a great time today on VMK. I was able to meet some new friends, trade some stuff for discontinued furniture that I have been looking for and chat with old friends. I hope tomorrow's event is as fun filled as today's.

SallySally
07-17-2005, 02:07 AM
All I did special today was buy a tiara for my VMK wedding outfit. lol
But I have to say this: It was a nice VMK day, there were a lot of great new things to buy, Odin was motivated to play a lot to buy a new space suit, and...
At least this time we were all told the truth about what sort of event we would see. Sure, the VMK Staff didn't get to judge all the rooms, but THAT I can excuse. They are just now figuring out how many people will enter these contests. :)
Hope you all had a great day in VMK!

AshleighPink
07-17-2005, 02:07 AM
Although many people have posted NOT positive replies I had a wonderful time!

I came on and saw many new costumes and went out to buy a princess outfit!

I walked around and saw a cast member asking questions. I TRIED to answer but didn't answer correctly. Although Congratulations to all who won! I'm not the most lucky person :) But I'm fine with my pins I have.

The judging may have its ups and downs but it went fine for me :) I was judged in the first 10 minutes and was off to hang with other people.

I still went around TRYING to answer questions wich is still fun even if you don't win!

Over all I think this was way better then the parade.

Remember this is always tomorrow!

thetitan13
07-17-2005, 02:08 AM
I am a bit sad I did not get teleportation, just another magic pin I will nver get most likely..
Wait..This post sounds sad..
What I liked!
I enjoyed getting the new costumes! I love the new Sorcerer Mickey Hat! Thank you so much for that yavn & the gang!
I enjoyed the jugeing of my room, the moment VMK_Mocha came in I had Dementor's in my stomach. (Ah! Harry Potter in my brain!)
I enjoyed some other stuff today as well!

KairiHeart
07-17-2005, 02:10 AM
I did not try to enter a room in the competition, so the judging problems didn't affect me.

I LOVED the new costumes and pins that were available. I really like the idea of limited edition stuff - but I especially liked the fact that this event lasted so much longer than the last one, so more people got the chance to participate.

I didn't find any of the castmembers that were asking questions, unfortunately, but I think that is a great idea. Maybe I'll see one tomorrow.

Obviously if they did events like this all the time they wouldn't be special anymore, but I hope they continue to do them occaisionally.

. . . oh, and I really loved that the characters were saying different things - I think that would be a great way to make all kinds of announcements!

a whisper
07-17-2005, 02:11 AM
I was there when you got teleportation Genie. Have ya taken a shower yet?

Oh, and this celebration was excellent, and tomorrow will only be better.

TinkerBlue
07-17-2005, 02:12 AM
I did not get judged, I did have a lot of fun with the new items. My room was not created specifically for the contest so I will enjoy it very much.

I never did see any VMK Staff or know about any contests outside of the room competition, but for those who did congratulations. I think it was a fun day and I did enjoy talking with a few who dropped in to keep me company while I was waiting in my room.

wdworld
07-17-2005, 02:16 AM
Today was a good day well besides when i lost connection and VMK_Annie was asking questions..it was good, got a new outfit, all is well.

shiregirl
07-17-2005, 02:21 AM
I had a great day! I got costumes. I won a magic pin. My room was judged after I waited for 2 hours and 20 minutes. I only lost connection 3 times. I got to see lots of ppl I like a lot. Harry Potter arrived and I have been reading and laughing for hours now. While I feel really bummed for the people whose rooms were never judged (I thought mine was not going to be, they came after the first 2 hours), it is my opinion that this event went off much smoother than the parade. This leads me to believe that future events will be even better as the staff and game designers learn how to run these things and we learn how to participate in them.

I hope tomorrow is as much fun as today was. I wish you all the best of luck tomorrow if you are entering a Celebration room in the contest: some friendly advice: have some friends who are not entering come sit with you to keep you company, or have a book to read while you wait. And have snacks readily available. And make sure you've gone to the restroom ahead of time. And, and... ;)

Jess
07-17-2005, 02:26 AM
I had a good time simply talking with everyone! I didn't win a prize, I didn't even know you could win a prize. I just liked hammer timing it up with some people.

Thundermuffin
07-17-2005, 02:35 AM
I had a good time too. I got to win a Space Suit. Talk with friends. And get my game room running (I think VMK_Dinky was stuck in line trying to get in!)!

GreatGatsby
07-17-2005, 02:49 AM
I wiped out my character's life savings to build the room and get the costume.

But you know what? I really had fun. I spoke to a lot of new ppl today, got some nice compliments, and saw some really creative rooms. (I single out LeanaSpin for her exceptional room -- really fantastic.)

Some see the glass as half empty. Heck, some here see it as plastic instead of glass. I see it as a container of neat stuff I didn't have before which was given to me for free.

:jumping-s

PixieWings
07-17-2005, 02:58 AM
Although my room did not get judged, and I was a little hurt by that fact, I had a pretty fun day. At first, waiting to be judged was a little uneventful and boring, but once people started to come in, it was wonderful to speak to so many new people. For the first time, my room made it to the very top of the popular list, so I was thrilled about that :)

I spent the most part of my day playing games, building up credits, and was able to purchase the space suit, Sorcerer Mickey Ears, and that gorgeous princess gown and tiara. So, all in all, I am very happy with my purchases.

I am hoping that tomorrow things go a little smoother, and that there is some more exclusive merchandise released for Disneyland's Anniversay released in the shops.

Take Care, PixieWings

Chris
07-17-2005, 03:05 AM
I had a great day on VMK today.

I slept in and woke up seeing people dressed up in space suits and sorceror mickey hats. Soon after I purchased 2 new pins and the new hat and costume and was off to build my Space : The Ultimate Race room.

I spent probably 4 hours building the room and after some time got on the popular list. I was judged within 2 minutes of the announcement by VMK_Dinky :)

All in all I had a great day, although I wish I would've had the chance to win a pin from a cast member. Oh well, there's always tomorrow :Tongue:

Edit: YAY! I WON A TELEPORTATION PIN FROM VMK_RED! YES! :D

PurpleMonkey
07-17-2005, 03:39 AM
I loved the new costumes. I bought as many as I could. I aslo got 2 Teleporting magics. So i am extremely happy!

Ottsel
07-17-2005, 04:44 AM
I also had a lot of fun. Sure I had to go to an internet cafe to log on today and spent $24 to wait in my room for nearly three hours, but my room did get judged. I got the new pins and costume and I got a lot of compliments. :D

LeanaSpin
07-17-2005, 04:59 AM
But you know what? I really had fun. I spoke to a lot of new ppl today, got some nice compliments, and saw some really creative rooms. (I single out LeanaSpin for her exceptional room -- really fantastic.)
:jumping-s

Thank you Great, that means a lot to me. It really does, at the end of a very hard day (not just vmk) it is good to hear kind words.

LauraMichelle
07-17-2005, 05:02 AM
Negative - I waited nearly 4 hours in my room by myself before I was judged
Positive - I was judged!

I also had fun buying the new clothes and pins. I had to play fireworks and jungle cruise about a million times though because I had spent all my money on my room for the contest!! I got all the new stuff except the spacesuit. If it's still around tomorrow I'll try for it then.

I also got the highest fireworks score I've ever gotten: over 257,000. I never thought I'd get that high of a score! Normally I average barely over 240,000!

I did not see a single CM all day though, so that's a bummer. Maybe tomorrow.

GBShorts
I had a great time. worked hard at Jungle Cruise to get credits and got the stuff I wanted. I freaked out when I saw prices, though!

I did get judged, but who knows...and I never saw any CM's to get quizzed for prizes.

MrGenie
I also had a lot of fun. Sure I had to go to an internet cafe to log on today and spent $24 to wait in my room for nearly three hours, but my room did get judged. I got the new pins and costume and I got a lot of compliments. :DI think your money would have been better spent at our VMK Addicts Anonymous (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1994) meeting tonight, but I'm glad you got judged... :)

Kool_Dawg
07-17-2005, 05:03 AM
I finally had my room judged about 20 minutes before they stopped judging, and i wa able to buy the new hat, new pins, and 3 sets of the space costume. I didn't win anything from the cast members but hopefully i will tomorrow :)

Xiris
07-17-2005, 05:04 AM
I got a teleporter magic and boy is it cool. I really enjoyed the events tonight!

ceburto
07-17-2005, 05:06 AM
I really liked today.

Love the new costumes and hats (please let tomorrow have the cowboy contume. oh please oh please oh please)

I finally got around to designing a good room. Even though it as for the contest, I hope to place it into the VMK fan site network.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

-ceburto

ZephyrMax
07-17-2005, 05:09 AM
I had a great time today also! Room did get judges after about an hour and a half. I almost got carpal tunnel playing fireworks to get space suit! A friend actually bought it for me and gave it to me! I was so happy! I never did find a cast member though! :mickey2:

Lisawdw
07-17-2005, 05:09 AM
I personally had a great day on VMK!

I bought all of the new items and an extra space suit as a gift for a friend. I really think the new items are great and hope to see even more new things tomorrow. :) I also won the teleportation pin and was super excited about that!!

It took 2 1/2 hrs. for my room to be judged and 3 hr. 15minutes for my husbands turn to come but they were judged so that was good. We had both spent lots of time on them so I was happy they were looked at. I really really feel that they should have people email screen shots in the future. That would take tons of work off of them and we would not all have to sit in our rooms either.

I thought the game had a real fun festive party atmosphere today and it was great. I am looking forward to tomorrow and hoping for more fun times! :)

Nothing to really do with the celebration but I also got my Haunted Mansion room from a friend today and I was very excited about that. One of my best VMK days thus far!!!

Lisa

claribella
07-17-2005, 06:04 AM
I'm having my Pirate School room judged for the Celebrations on Sunday. Hopefully it gets judged.

I was on VMK all day and the CL's I saw didn't say or do anything. I wished they had asked me questions cuz I would like to have won what was being given.

Hopefully they will be around tomorrow, Sunday, too. I will be on all day long Sunday for the room judging.

Wish me luck!

Indychick
07-17-2005, 06:18 AM
Good times! I got my princess outfit (yeah!) and I got to talk to a person who knows a person who knows a person about the VMK Add Ducks meeting. They said they had a great time there and they feel so much better about their problem since they got to talk about it. Of course I was not at that meeting, it was my friend of a friend..... Today was a lot of fun!

dizneydesi
07-17-2005, 06:48 AM
this morning, i bought sorcerer micky ears. Yay!!! tonight when i got to go around and collect NPC credits, they gave 40, instead of the usual 20, per character!! i noticed all the new sayings from the NPC's too. i also got to finish moving around my furniture for my fire celebration room. yesterday, some pieces would not place or turn. for the short time i had on VMK, it was good!

Villainess
07-17-2005, 07:12 AM
- I woke up super early because I was so, so, so excited about today's events.
- I nervously drummed my fingers on my desk until it was 7.
- I anxiously ran around the kingdom looking at all the new goodies.
- I practically got a blister from playing the Jungle Cruise so many times (just had to get that space suit).
- I visited with friends and made new ones as they prepared their rooms for the contest.
- I thoroughly enjoyed everyone's reactions as they came into my room.
- I nearly pulled all my hair out while waiting for a judge.
- I almost lost my lunch when I got disconnected just as VMK_Dinky walked in (she waited for me to log back on, yippee!).

*sigh* It's great to feel like a kid again!

PixelProphet
07-17-2005, 09:13 AM
thank you VMK for putting the effort into making a new wonderful event for us all.

kiriv
07-17-2005, 01:38 PM
I had fun with all the new costumes and stuff. I also had fun seeing the creative things people were doing with them.. I saw a space princess at one point.. It was very funny.

I waited for a long long time in my room just about 3 and a half hours, and I did finally get judged. VMK_Annie wondered into my room, looking worn and beaten. Didn't say much. Informed me I'd been judged.. then left. And literaly like 4 mins later, the sign about mother nature poped up. I think I may have been one of the last to be judged.

I am proud of them for trying to do another contest for us all, and trying to keep it much more intact than last time. And that time in my room did pass quickly as many of my friends came in after they were judged, and talked danced and had fun with me. Thanks especially to Danola, Nedakh and Lizbeth for making the time pass quecker. Thanks to Cutehalie and MrGenie, for answer some of my PM's about being judged. I almost gave up and went to play fireworks or something, but when I realized that they hadn't been judged i found out it wasn't just me, I stuck it out.

All in all it was a fun day, and I thank the VMK staffers for doing their best. I think they all deserve a cookie :)

TinkerBlue
07-17-2005, 01:40 PM
Quote from kiriv:

"I saw a space princess at one point.."

Was that me?

timmyastro
07-17-2005, 01:41 PM
lol i thought it was the best event yet :)

Jess
07-17-2005, 01:50 PM
Quote from kiriv:

"I saw a space princess at one point.."

Was that me?

Lol that could have been me. Most of the day I was going around wearing the tiara, astronaught top, princess skirt and heels. Then I was wearing either the tiara or the helmet with the princess top, astronaught pants and heels.

TinkerBlue
07-17-2005, 02:02 PM
I have a "twin". Since I spent a good part of the day focussed on my Space room, I was in the astronaut top, princess skirt, shoes, and tiara. I have "Space Cat Princess" in my description, however, so...

Anyway, careful Jess. I was in the Music Game room at one point last night and was informed I had no fashion sense.

Ottsel
07-17-2005, 04:16 PM
I think your money would have been better spent at our VMK Addicts Anonymous (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1994) meeting tonight, but I'm glad you got judged... :)

Seriously. I think I may qualify for biggest VMK Addict. I pay to play the free game. :)

Jess
07-17-2005, 04:51 PM
I have a "twin". Since I spent a good part of the day focussed on my Space room, I was in the astronaut top, princess skirt, shoes, and tiara. I have "Space Cat Princess" in my description, however, so...

Anyway, careful Jess. I was in the Music Game room at one point last night and was informed I had no fashion sense.

They say you have no fashion sense?! They're just jealous they can't have our style lol.