View Full Version : My Official VMK-Playing Accessory

GreatGatsby
07-15-2005, 10:06 PM
To enhance your at-home VMK play, nothing beats the right accessories. I suggest something from the Gold Ear collection. Nothing beats a pair of ears to give you that in-park feeling to help you get those few extra Jungle Cruise photos and put you on the high score list!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a286/GreatGatsbyVMK/Misc/GoldEarFront.jpg

It is especially helpful if you're able to sweet-talk a Cast Member into bending the rules and stitching your character name on the back instead of your real name. :)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a286/GreatGatsbyVMK/Misc/GoldEarBackGG.jpg

Kool_Dawg
07-15-2005, 10:08 PM
That's pretty kool, i'll have to do that next time i go to disneyworld

wdworld
07-15-2005, 10:09 PM
thats so cool, when i go in Dec. ill try that.

toonysean
07-15-2005, 10:11 PM
that's cool lol weird way to enhance your experience though

MrGenie
07-15-2005, 10:14 PM
Wowzers! That's über-cool GGatsby. Were you able to sweet talk a certain Cast Member into getting you a discount too? If not, I bet those ears cost an über-penny! :Tongue:

GreatGatsby
07-15-2005, 10:18 PM
Wowzers! That's über-cool GGatsby. Were you able to sweet talk a certain Cast Member into getting you a discount too? If not, I bet those ears cost an über-penny! :Tongue:

$11.50 at all fine Disney park habidashers . . .

And, yeah, they cost more than the basic black.

toonysean
07-15-2005, 10:20 PM
it's going to be a while before i visit disneyland again i'm going there next year

Tinklover
07-15-2005, 10:21 PM
That is so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PixelProphet
07-15-2005, 10:45 PM
if there is a VMK Forums meet, and i see people walking around with their VMK names posted on hats i will be sick...

lol anyway, that is pretty awesome.

Maleficent2
07-15-2005, 11:25 PM
It is especially helpful if you're able to sweet-talk a Cast Member into bending the rules and stitching your character name on the back instead of your real name.

how do they know what your real name is? I've never heard that before and if WDW will not stitch it on I am sure another monogram store would be happy to do it.

very cool ears Gatsby!

GreatGatsby
07-15-2005, 11:35 PM
how do they know what your real name is? I've never heard that before and if WDW will not stitch it on I am sure another monogram store would be happy to do it.Another VMKer who was in the same line could not get her's done with her character name . . . they checked her ID, too!

I think they may have thought it's really my last name . . . but I prefer to think it was my charm. :)

coolcami
07-15-2005, 11:48 PM
Another VMKer who was in the same line could not get her's done with her character name . . . they checked her ID, too!

I wonder why they won't do that!?!?! I understand not wanting people walking around with obscenities on their hat, but my username shouldn't be a big deal.

Is that the hat you need to purchase to get the gold mickey ears on VMK?

GreatGatsby
07-16-2005, 03:14 AM
I wonder why they won't do that!?!?! I understand not wanting people walking around with obscenities on their hat, but my username shouldn't be a big deal.

Ah, but what if this so-called user name is actually making fun of somebody? Oh, that's right . . . kids don't do that kind of thing, do they? ;)

Is that the hat you need to purchase to get the gold mickey ears on VMK?

Actually, buying any hat at the right shop(s) will get you the VMK ears. I just decided to get the gold hat since they'll disappear in about a year.

dizneydesi
07-16-2005, 05:48 AM
mind revealing your "sweet talk" rules? :wave2: hee hee hee

Indychick
07-16-2005, 05:51 AM
To enhance your at-home VMK play, nothing beats the right accessories. I suggest something from the Gold Ear collection. Nothing beats a pair of ears to give you that in-park feeling to help you get those few extra Jungle Cruise photos and put you on the high score list!

It is especially helpful if you're able to sweet-talk a Cast Member into bending the rules and stitching your character name on the back instead of your real name. :)

GreatGatsby I was actually playing VMK one day with my Mickey ears on. They were, unfortunately, not the gold ones BUT they did add to my "in-park feeling". They also made me giggle with that feeling of "no one knows what I have on right now!" (No, that was not supposed to sound bad, so if it did, quit thinking like that!) :Tongue:

GreatGatsby
07-16-2005, 06:11 AM
quit thinking like that!

LOL Indy

:)

shiregirl
07-16-2005, 06:13 AM
Time to reveal a shiregirl fun fact: during my 5 year stint as a Stores Cast member at Disneyland, I was trained and then served as a Hat Writer. Wheee! Fun times with embroidery machines! (Gosh I miss hats getting thrown full force at my face! "I said it is spelled kIrST*-n, not Kirsten!!")

Anyways, the official Hat Writing policy is they will not write it if it is not your actual name. Period. They require ID when the name is questionable. Two reasons:

a) They do not want to have anything to do with trademark imfringement at all: can't get Wallmart or Starbucks or anything like that on your hat. :( Sorry, folks, I know you wanted mickey ears that say Churches Chicken on the back, but no dice. :D

b) They do not want anything to do with inapproriate material for children.

As is typical of Disney, they have made it a blanket rule: easiest way to avoid a and b is to allow only legal names.

Now we all know how charming GG can be :D. Cast Members can be charmed. The above info is the official line only. (And the one I always followed: not worth my job to write 'Lil Clowny' on the back of mouse ears:D)

MrGenie
07-16-2005, 06:18 AM
a) They do not want to have anything to do with trademark imfringement at all: can't get Wallmart or Starbucks or anything like that on your hat. :( Sorry, folks, I know you wanted mickey ears that say Churches Chicken on the back, but no dice. :D

b) They do not want anything to do with inapproriate material for children.But what if my parents just really like the name "McDonald's" or "******"? Then who wins? Also, some people are named after strong adult beverages...ever run into one of those? I'm a little worried about this boilerplate....

shiregirl
07-16-2005, 06:39 AM
But what if my parents just really like the name "McDonald's" or "******"? Then who wins? Also, some people are named after strong adult beverages...ever run into one of those? I'm a little worried about this boilerplate....
Worry not my concerned friend. If your name is really Cheetos DairyQueen McDonalds, then simply present a proper form of ID, and BAM! Hat history is made.

GreatGatsby
07-16-2005, 06:49 AM
mind revealing your "sweet talk" rules? :wave2: hee hee heeAlas, an old family recipe handed down through the generations. Let me just say Goldie makes me do all reservations because I get the staff on the phones laughing and I get us cool stuff for being nice. Upgrades and nicer rooms and stuff.

You catch more flies with honey than other materials, if you know what I mean.

Now we all know how charming GG can be :D. Cast Members can be charmed.And you're just trying to be my new best friend . . . :)