View Full Version : This Week's News! (11/16/05)

Kaironzet
11-17-2005, 05:05 AM
What's New in VMK?

http://avmk.disney.go.com/media/vmk/en_US/arcade/tomorrowland/hyperspaceMountain2.jpg

Have you checked out the newest game in the Tomorrowland Arcade? In Hyperspace Mountain you guide a jet pack-wearing Character through deep space. Collect all the modules while holding onto your points to win.

Safety Tips

Never give out your personal information. This includes things like where you live, your phone number, instant messenger name, e-mail address, the name of your school, or any other information that could be used to contact you outside of VMK.
Never tell another Player you are home alone, or where you will be at a certain date or time.
Always keep in mind that everybody in VMK is a stranger; you have not met them in person and don't know for a fact that they are who they say they are. Be as careful about talking to strangers in VMK as you would be at the mall.
Don't tell anybody your password or login information.
Don't use words that are in the dictionary to substitute for words that aren't allowed. Players who use approved words as substitutions for numbers and other disallowed words to try to communicate personal information will be banned from VMK for their own protection.

Remember, Players whose name starts with "CL_" are Community Leaders, and they're here to help you. If you need help finding something or want to know how things work, ask a CL. They're here to help.

Event News
It was impressive to see so many Players participate in the first VMK election! Now that all precincts have reported, we are able to announce the results:

Who is your favorite Character?
We asked you to tell us who your favorite is. Nearly 8,000 votes were tallied, and we have an overwhelming winner!
The Dragon - 30%
The Yeti - 23%
Captain Blackheart the Pirate - 18%
Esmeralda the Fortune Teller - 15%
Shrunken Ned - 14%

What's your favorite VMK game?
Over 4,000 Players sounded off on their favorite game in VMK and we ended in a tie!
Pirates of the Caribbean - 27%
Castle Fireworks - 27%
Main Street Music Mix - 18%
The Tomorrowland Arcade - 17%
The Jungle Cruise Photo Safari - 11%

Shoppers Alert!
November is Hat Month in VMK! Last weekend we re-released the Sorcerer Mickey Hat. The rest of the month we'll introduce one new hat each weekend. Each hat will be available in the Emporium, but only for the dates listed. Mark your calendar!

November 11-13 Musketeer Hat
November 18-20 Peter Pan Hat
November 25-27 Reversed Baseball Hat

You asked and VMK listened. We improved the way trades work, so it will be harder for the scammers to rip people off. If the contents of a trade change before both parties accept the terms, an alert will pop up. You will also be alerted if you are about to agree to a one-sided trade. Please be sure you read the alert instead of just closing the window. Read up on the latest scams.

Best Guest Rooms

It gets more and more difficult each week to decide which rooms will receive an award, so we decided to create a new category. First we bring you this week's Best Guest Rooms.

CL_CoolmanJosh got into the spirit of our voting event and created VMK Magic NPC Debate – To Nite. In this room Players were invited to play the part of the various game Characters and lobby for votes.

Players who enter the Galactic Trade Center will be welcomed by room owner Misterdrew, and encouraged to not only trade for rare items, but also to make new friends. With seating areas set aside for trade and conversation, this peaceful setting is a nice place to stop for awhile.

The first winner of the Best Game Room award is Ranch who, with months of help from his "build team", brings you Virtual Splash Mountain. This is an eleven-room trip that virtually recreates the Splash Mountain attraction, complete with drops, turns, and incredible scenery. There are over 100 "briars" along the way, so keep those hands and arms inside at all times. Take advantage of the rest area at the end of the ride to compare experiences with other riders.

Which rooms will be featured here next week?

Signalcorps
11-17-2005, 05:15 AM
How did Shrunken Ned lose?!? The election must have been fixed.
I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!!

shiregirl
11-17-2005, 05:22 AM
How did Shrunken Ned lose??? How did Yeti lose???????? I also demand a recount! ;)

sigh. Oh well. Congratulations Dragon fans! And Congratulations to the new BGR and BGR (;)) award winners!

spbink
11-17-2005, 05:41 AM
Woo Dragon!

I really thought Esmeralda was going to come in last though. I saw a lot more people supporting Ned than Esmeralda.

splashdiva
11-17-2005, 05:42 AM
I knew the dragon would win! horray! well congardualtions to all the other NPCs too, maybe since a silent NPC won we'll be getting mor of "the sound of silence" if you know what I mean...

But as for the reversed basball cap I must again say WHY FOR THE LOVE OF VMK are we intoducing this pase trend back into society. It needs to go back to the bottom of the pop cultur heap where it belongs!

BabyThePirate
11-17-2005, 05:48 AM
Well someone out there has a mule with alot of shirts from voting for Dragon ;)

bopper
11-17-2005, 06:00 AM
I wore a shirt that matched my vote for Yeti, but I did not buy one. Maybe others did the same? If the Yeti shirt was one you got but the dragon one wasn't, that could be a reason.

MsBehave
11-17-2005, 06:19 AM
I now dub the Newsletter officialy
EVIL!
(gotta <3 that word)

-CL_MsBehave

Oathkeeper
11-17-2005, 06:22 AM
Maybe next time, Esmeralda... Also, where's the results for the third voting thing? Go 12+ months! Was that just for some research information or something?

the new trade thing got my hopes up... I was hoping for something easier and faster than clicking everything, and also to be rid of the 15 item limit..

Wiggins
11-17-2005, 06:23 AM
I wore a shirt that matched my vote for Yeti, but I did not buy one. Maybe others did the same? If the Yeti shirt was one you got but the dragon one wasn't, that could be a reason.

I think those of us who are dragon supporters just didn't mind donating 25 credits to the cause. Woot! go dragon! :)

CaliDreamin
11-17-2005, 07:37 AM
Now Im sure sorry that I was not here to vote. Poor Yeti!
I picked the wrong weekend to be away!

Smoop
11-17-2005, 07:38 AM
Woot for the dragon! The best NPC ever!!! :) :)
- I think my vote was obvious.. LOL

Way to go for all of this week's best guest room winners!!

SweepHunter
11-17-2005, 10:12 AM
Notice that twice as many people voted for characters.
I admit that I made 500 mules and each bought 40 or the Dragon shirts.

Thank you for the news. I thought you were leaving for bed but instead came here to tell everyone the good news. Remember that the Dragon is a magic being so who knows what a Dragon can do over pirate, head, woman who is too dumb to get out of her booth, and a fur ball who whines all day about his hair cut and the weather.

Read the latest information about scams. In coke music people made sites looking like coke but were not. People entered their email and password for coke and then lost all of their coke stuff. No site will ask for you password to Disney. Remeber that all Disney site use one name and password so be careful about not logging out of ABC, Disneyworld, Toontown, or anywhere else. If you are on a time limit then make sure you do not wait until you lose connection to log out. I used public computers and have come across other people's email left open for me to do what ever I want.

Note to VMK Babs: I was joking about the 500 mules, you are not bossy, and how are we going to say the name of the next hat if we cannot say Peter Pan. We tend to tell people that staff wears green hats so I do not want to call this the green hat. The first hat is lovingly called the black hair hat.

Tahnk your for keeping Hunter.

CoolmanJosh
11-17-2005, 11:30 AM
CL_CoolmanJosh got into the spirit of our voting event and created VMK Magic NPC Debate – To Nite. In this room Players were invited to play the part of the various game Characters and lobby for votes.

Finally my name on the site... i am on my way to worl domen.. i mean for happyness for everyone (Smiles with a evil Grin) Thanks everyone for coming out it was fun indeed! I hope everyone had a chance to come out if not i promise i got more things coming out of my sleeves.

LittleJoe
11-17-2005, 11:41 AM
Dragon won! .

Schmoofy
11-17-2005, 12:07 PM
Woot for fireworks!

SpinMarty
11-17-2005, 02:05 PM
Congratulations to this week's winners. I hope to visit the rooms.

Greenway
11-17-2005, 02:18 PM
Good job to BGuR and BGaR winners.

To the election, I say it is all balderdash, a load of poppy****. In my mind, Ned is still a-head!!!!

EDIT. OH Dear I've been asterisked!!

AceLollipop
11-17-2005, 02:26 PM
How could yeti or ned lose? There must have been some confusion with how you are supposed to vote with people.

Qui-gon
11-17-2005, 02:46 PM
Nooo!! The Yeti lost. :( I know, all the mule ppl are for the Dragon! :) LOL.

But congrats to the BGuR and BGaR winners!

AceLollipop
11-17-2005, 02:57 PM
There now seems to be a survey up, but you don't get any credits after you do it.

BnyKty
11-17-2005, 03:28 PM
O-o-o-o-h my go-o-o-o-sh! Y.. y.. e.. ti.. lost! How could he lose?! There must be somebody who used mules to vote for dragon! Or maybe.. there are more Dragon Supporters in the game than in the Fan Site! 'Cause we can see that in the NPC Voting Poll in this site, Yeti is 1st and Dragon is 3rd..

-Kit

LadyFire
11-17-2005, 03:52 PM
After reading the "mock shock" of voters at the results, I would like to add a few words. I spent 2 hours in the Emporium on Friday to help people place their votes. I can not tell you how many purchased more than one NPC shirt as a vote. I am not talking about two Ned's, but one of each NPC:) I verified with staff and each shirt WAS considered a vote for EACH NPC. I told you who were buying more that one NPC shirt that would happen but would you listen? nooooo;)What a fun event!

Villainess
11-17-2005, 04:14 PM
Woohoo! It was nice to see so many people participate and support the hottest NPC around! Get it? Hot? Fire? Oh, nevermind... :goofy:

RoseYellow
11-17-2005, 04:38 PM
I bought/voted for the pirate. What was odd was that my Ned shirt that I got a long time back showed up as Vite for Ned Shirt in my inventory.

RoseYellow

prisoner
11-17-2005, 05:03 PM
I verified with staff and each shirt WAS considered a vote for EACH NPC. I told you who were buying more that one NPC shirt that would happen but would you listen? nooooo;)What a fun event!

Well, I think a lot of us suspected that this is how it would work, but it is not what they said would happen in the newsletter. So that is a bit dissapointing.

But what do you expect... polls to actually work? This is the US!

goticdragon
11-17-2005, 06:23 PM
did any read about the going to band the person who use similar word to said numbers in word? i hope this dont affect value price when i try to sell stuff to others! :(

prisoner
11-17-2005, 06:32 PM
did any read about the going to band the person who use similar word to said numbers in word? i hope this dont affect value price when i try to sell stuff to others! :(

Here is the exact item, but I have bolded one important part:

Don't use words that are in the dictionary to substitute for words that aren't allowed. Players who use approved words as substitutions for numbers and other disallowed words to try to communicate personal information will be banned from VMK for their own protection.

So while they are saying that you shouldn't do this, they are also making clear that you'll be banned only if you try and communicate personal information.

skip
11-17-2005, 06:54 PM
Congrats Dragon Fans and winners of the BGuR and BGaR! Anyone know if you get a different pin if you win the BGaR?

DizCaptain
11-17-2005, 08:18 PM
many many people I know voted for the dragon.

SteelersYOYO
11-17-2005, 08:23 PM
Congragulation CL_CoolmanJosh

Dnphm
11-17-2005, 08:34 PM
Yea Congrats CoolmanJosh!

CoolmanJosh
11-17-2005, 08:41 PM
Thanks man! I really made a crummy room just for the event and well it won best guest room. I dont understand how it would win it is NO WHERE good as all rooms on VMK. I use what i call my VMK Convention room where for a short time use it for a room. So strange how i won.

alecledesma
11-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Geeat Thread! I'm at school right now don't tell anyone!

darthmatt
11-17-2005, 10:45 PM
:] :( I wanted yeti to win! How did he lose?! Now he will throw snow balls at the dragon!

xfan342
11-17-2005, 10:59 PM
Never give out your personal information. This includes things like where you live, your phone number, instant messenger name, e-mail address, the name of your school, or any other information that could be used to contact you outside of VMK.

Never tell another Player you are home alone, or where you will be at a certain date or time.

Always keep in mind that everybody in VMK is a stranger; you have not met them in person and don't know for a fact that they are who they say they are. Be as careful about talking to strangers in VMK as you would be at the mall.

Don't tell anybody your password or login information.

Yes!! VMK has answered our wishes, while I was out telling people BF/GF is wrong on Main Street I caught the eye of a young man who was in it he said "Unless The No BF/GF thing is on the front page, I will still continue to do it", well he got his wish. The stranger message is BF/GF!

So maybe there will be less of getting pass the dictionary and less of the BF/GF!

Thank you VMK!

goticdragon
11-17-2005, 11:05 PM
ok thanks i was worry! i want just want to know if we can speak numbers when do trade offers and stuff in vmk..thanks

Yeah i know dragon will win lol i vote and always carry the shirt and my pins dragons hahaha i know it lol DRagon will rule Kingdom!

Alexander
11-18-2005, 12:25 AM
There's a best Game Room now?! *sigh*

And I bet I won't win that either. Oh well. Congrats for winning it, and future congratulations to everyone else that will win it.

F0REVERL0ST
11-18-2005, 01:08 AM
Is the Best Game Room Pin any different from the Best Guest Room Pin?

Kaironzet
11-18-2005, 01:32 AM
Is the Best Game Room Pin any different from the Best Guest Room Pin?
Yes, Best Game Room is a Green and Gold Pin that says Best Game Award when you click it, while BGR is the Blue Pin we all know! :)

Appleson
11-18-2005, 01:33 AM
to be perfectly honest, i'm surprised that yeti lost. anyway, i'm just glad castle fireworks won! (well, sorta). also, i noticed that they never posted the results for the poll on "how long until your next trip to a disney park". i hope they post that soon.

Marmaduke
11-18-2005, 01:34 AM
Hello!! Yeti Is Going to Squeeze all u ppl to Dust Now!! Are U Happy??!! U Better Be!! (lol)

longsaber1
11-18-2005, 11:24 AM
I live in Florida so I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yeti rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CoolmanJosh
11-18-2005, 11:29 AM
Please don't post any personal information thank you.

fonna
11-18-2005, 12:44 PM
Here is the exact item, but I have bolded one important part:

So while they are saying that you shouldn't do this, they are also making clear that you'll be banned only if you try and communicate personal information.
That would explain why staff do it to say numbers for some of their games.

WDWFutureGirl
11-18-2005, 06:28 PM
Yea How did Yeti Lose..Me and Yeti had a talk over this and we settled at "People Felt bad for the Dragon"

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/IoansGirl/YetiTalk.jpg

longsaber1
11-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Thx form the news!

barfownz
11-21-2005, 05:27 PM
great new karo :)

Everon
11-23-2005, 08:49 PM
I thought the pirate was going to win. Pirate game is the best ever! How can the dragon win?