View Full Version : Problems Posting?

Batleth
11-16-2005, 10:34 AM
If you are currently experiencing problems posting in any areas, please post here and list what the problem is. If you can't post here and can only read posts here, please PM a mod to stating the nature of the problem. Due to a resent update to our website's main program, some account settings were changed. This disabled some users from being able to post in certain areas of the forums.

Reminder: If you are not experiencing any problems, then there is no need to post here.

cenafan10
11-16-2005, 12:10 PM
yes i am haveing Problems it says i am too young to post but i have posted before

The Great Funstitch
11-16-2005, 08:42 PM
I am having problems as well i can't make a new theard in VMK News Articles.

Marmaduke
11-16-2005, 08:48 PM
I was having trouble posting not now i guess

lemonysnicket3
11-16-2005, 11:25 PM
yeah it is like you are banned.. but it hasn't happened to me :-)

bfen
11-17-2005, 12:30 AM
I cant post in the news articles.

Batleth
11-17-2005, 02:09 AM
yes i am haveing Problems it says i am too young to post but i have posted beforeYour account should be fixed, but your inbox was full for me to tell you.

CL_bfen is your problem just posting new threads in news articles too? You just posted in the news articles forum, so it can't be that...lol.

bfen
11-17-2005, 02:55 AM
CL_bfen is your problem just posting new threads in news articles too? You just posted in the news articles forum, so it can't be that...lol.

I did not post there, I changed my password since someone might have hacked into it, but I see the lock icon beside the VMK News Articles.

cenafan10
11-17-2005, 11:58 AM
Your account should be fixed, but your inbox was full for me to tell you.

Wow your the best is fixed woot woot

MMouse
11-20-2005, 11:18 PM
I cant post anywhere but polls and surveys.

Batleth
11-22-2005, 06:14 PM
To all users unable to create a new thread in news articles forum:

We have changed the settings on the news artcles forum so that normal users can't create new threads there. We have been getting so much non-news stuff that we have closed it. If you feel something should be placed there, PM a mod to have them move it there.

Union_Angel
11-22-2005, 07:19 PM
I am it Only allows me to post in Rants,Spoilers, and polls and surveys.

ducky94
11-22-2005, 10:34 PM
im having a problem too. It also says im too young and have posted alot before

Marmaduke
11-22-2005, 10:35 PM
Im Having So much Trouble Posting!!

Batleth
11-23-2005, 01:13 AM
I have fixed the following accounts:

CraZboutDisney
ducky94
Marmaduke

Union_Angel
11-23-2005, 01:25 AM
Thank you Batleth

WDWFutureGirl
12-29-2005, 10:44 PM
My Problem is I Can't Post either..Weird Huh? I Need Help with this How did this Happen anyway?

Batleth
12-30-2005, 06:57 AM
That's called regimodded. Every post that is created must be approved by a mod before it shows up to normal users. Mods normally place users on regimodded if they spam, excessive bumping, or other policy violations.

Princessbel
12-31-2005, 04:22 AM
i am having a problem with my signature idk how to change it and ppl are saying i have to pay so i am really confused and so yeah..i don't know if i have to pay for my signature and how to change it

frenchessica
12-31-2005, 04:41 AM
i WAS but it just change! cool!

Shadow1643
12-31-2005, 01:21 PM
Well.. you have to get a subscription to get a signature, then keep paying every month. Go to "subscriptions" in your CP to get a subscription.

astrogirls
12-31-2005, 07:29 PM
it wont let me make a new thread in polls if u try again it says this is a copy of a last thread u made in the last 5 minutes or something like that and it never makes the poll or the thread

Batleth
01-01-2006, 12:12 AM
it wont let me make a new thread in polls if u try again it says this is a copy of a last thread u made in the last 5 minutes or something like that and it never makes the poll or the threadThe Polls forum is now moderated. A mod must preapprove each thread before normal users can view them. This will help cut down spam and non G-rated topics there.

You pay $20 USD for a year sig subscription. We've got some extras coming with it soon.

Dazee
02-09-2006, 07:01 AM
The only problem I've had is sometimes I will log in, go to the forums and try to post and it will say I'm not logged in. This has happened a few times.

When I log in a second (and only once third) time, I usually stay logged in.

MagicalGlow
02-16-2006, 12:04 AM
oh yea..I still have some problems :(

Batleth
02-16-2006, 10:32 AM
oh yea..I still have some problems :(I reviewed your account, but found no problems with it. Some areas of the forum are no posting such as the archive forums. News forum is close for users to create new threads. Mods can create new threads or PM them to have them move your thread to news. If you're still have problems, send me a detailed PM stating what kind of problems you are having.

Hiddenstars
02-26-2006, 08:59 PM
i need help :(

Batleth
02-26-2006, 09:55 PM
i need help :(Could you explain what problem you're having?

DragonNathalie
03-28-2006, 03:45 AM
i dont need help but.... idk how to make my own post :(

Batleth
03-28-2006, 04:04 AM
i dont need help but.... idk how to make my own post :(Click on the new thread button at the top of a forum.

DragonNathalie
03-28-2006, 04:26 AM
u rock out loud ^_^ thx

LeFrancino
04-06-2006, 10:40 PM
I'm Having Problems Posting On The Trading Section and on The News Article Seccion, Help Please!
~LeFrancino

Batleth
04-07-2006, 09:46 PM
I'm Having Problems Posting On The Trading Section and on The News Article Seccion, Help Please!
~LeFrancinoNews is closed so only mods can make new threads. We normally see where someone has already posted new about VMK in another forum and move it to the news. If you feel something is news worthy, you can PM a mod to have them move it.

The main forum Trading Post is closed the same as above. The sub-forums are open for everyone to create new threads and post. This way we can keep the thread topics grouped together instead of everyone posting in the main forum.

cratle
04-09-2006, 03:05 AM
I'm having trouble posting a new poll. It always says " You cannot post a poll because you have a poll attached to it". I DO want a poll attached to it. But I don't understand the message.

Batleth
04-09-2006, 01:29 PM
I'm having trouble posting a new poll. It always says " You cannot post a poll because you have a poll attached to it". I DO want a poll attached to it. But I don't understand the message.Have you followed these instructions? How to make a poll (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16078)

cratle
04-09-2006, 01:43 PM
I did, but I can't seem to make a poll.

-rcv-
04-09-2006, 09:19 PM
Registered users can create new polls in the Polls & Surveys forum, but they go into the moderation queue for approval before they can be seen by regular users.

The mods check the moderation queue several times a day, but it can often take several hours before a moderated post will be approved. If the mod feels that the post does not conform to our expectations for posts to this site, it may never get approved.

-rcv-
Kid Bugs

cratle
04-09-2006, 09:32 PM
But I'm not new. I made some polls, but do you think I should go in it?

sophiekin
06-24-2006, 07:01 PM
PLEASE HELP I CAN NOT POST!
It seems that the only forum I am not able to post a reply is in the trade forums.
Thank you!

Kancy
06-24-2006, 07:02 PM
You have to join the trade group

EDIT: Seems this wasn't big enough... -rcv-

Mr. CoConut 870
06-24-2006, 07:06 PM
i too am unable to post under trades

kryon2
06-24-2006, 07:25 PM
i can't post in trade

princeeric
06-24-2006, 07:26 PM
it will not let me post either and under posting rules at bottom says i cannot anymore. PLEASE HELP! lol thanks :)
and it wont let me post under trades either :(

~twinklebyte~
06-24-2006, 07:27 PM
I can't start a new thread, and can not post.
I can only post on specific threads..

And i can't start a new thread.
I contacted GBShorts..
I tried it, and it didn't work. Also, i can not log out of VMK forums.

tinkerjules
06-24-2006, 07:28 PM
I cannot post in the I have to trade forum
I can post in the off topic ( and here)
I have not tested all forums. Let me know if I need to do that.

~twinklebyte~
06-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Never mind!
I just requested to join the trade forum!

spbink
06-24-2006, 10:44 PM
nevermind. It was the trade forum thing.

Did you announce this in the News forum and I just missed it? When was this changed?

Yasmin818
06-24-2006, 10:59 PM
How do you start a post

Miss MeowsALot
06-24-2006, 11:21 PM
I can't post in Trades. Hope you can fix it soon.

GBShorts
06-25-2006, 12:08 AM
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH TRADES.

Please read the STICKY found atop both "WANTED TRADES" and "I HAVE TO TRADE"

http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66909

princessshannie
06-25-2006, 12:16 AM
I am having trouble posting in many threads, yet some threads i can post in. Also many of the forums are locked for me and therefore i cannot make a thread.

GBShorts
06-25-2006, 12:18 AM
I am having trouble posting in many threads, yet some threads i can post in. Also many of the forums are locked for me and therefore i cannot make a thread.
News and polls both do not allow users to post unless a moderator approves it.

This means only post it ONCE instead of 10 times thinking it'll show up :)

princessshannie
06-25-2006, 12:22 AM
It is not even allowing me to make a thread in the sub-forums of the trading post, from what i understand we can't make a thread in the main trading post, but we are supposed to be able to make one in the sub-forums like wanted trades the price is right ext. right? Yet those sub-forums are not letting me make a thread it says i do not have access to this page. I have tried logging out and still it does not work.

MsHyper
I am having much trouble with making new threads. i know how and i tried it once, but it said i could no access it.

bazooka_
For some reason, it wont let me post every so often, like every other post.

WDWTigger72
06-25-2006, 12:33 AM
Hello Moderators, I am receiving the following message just clicking the "New Thread" button within the trading forums. I am trying to create a new trade offer and cannot because of this message:

NOTE: Nevermind I finally went back to GBShorts original post which you must now sign up for creating trades (Wanted Trades or I Have For Trade), just make sure you sign up and read GBShorts post a few back from mine.

princessshannie
06-25-2006, 12:39 AM
Hello Moderators, I am receiving the following message just clicking the "New Thread" button within the trading forums. I am trying to create a new trade offer and cannot because of this message:

I am getting the same message when i try to make a thread in almost every forum area.

Tyrannosaurus
06-25-2006, 02:03 AM
i cant post threads in news article

GBShorts
06-25-2006, 04:48 AM
i cant post threads in news article
That's because you aren't allowed to. :) No users are allowed to post new threads in the news section. We mods choose what belongs there and what doesn't. When users were allowed to post, there were things like "look! it's tuesday! whee!"

Hero
07-23-2006, 02:35 AM
i cant post in the trading section. it says that i need activation in which i did a long time ago or its disabled

BlueTinkLizzie
07-23-2006, 02:37 AM
i cant post in the trading section. it says that i need activation in which i did a long time ago or its disabled
You need to be in the "Traders Micks" Group.

Trader Mick's:
Membership needed to post in the VMK Trade Forums

ppockets
07-26-2006, 01:27 AM
i can post in the trading section, but like an hour after i post and a bunch of other ppl post, my forum disapears!! so i've made about three forums on the same thing, because that forum always disapears :(

followyourbliss
08-10-2006, 08:46 PM
I cannot post in any trade forums. What do I need to do to post there?

CiscoRau
08-10-2006, 08:55 PM
I cannot post in any trade forums. What do I need to do to post there?
Are you part of the Trader Mick's group? You must be a member of that group to post there.

Lil.Sweet.Heart
08-17-2006, 04:07 PM
Everytime i try to post somewhere else it says:

Lil.Sweet.Heart, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

What should i do?:minniemo:

GBShorts
08-17-2006, 04:36 PM
Everytime i try to post somewhere else it says:

Lil.Sweet.Heart, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

What should i do?:minniemo:

I'm guessing the "somewhere else" is either news or trading post? click the sticky there called 'why can't I post in I have to trade?" You have to join the trading forum. You must be a member for over a month and have amassed some posts.

rosegirlsweet
08-17-2006, 05:27 PM
GBShorts Saves the day!

BooBear05
09-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Okay, here's my dilemma. For about a week or two, I have had problems both in posting to a thread and sending/receiving personal messages. I get a "fatal error" message! This mostly happens right after the close of vmk and lasts hours! The next morning, everything seems to work again. Can anyone explain this?
Thanks!

MichelleA
09-08-2006, 08:45 PM
you have to clear your cookies maybe go to
Tools>internet options> delete cookies

then see what happens

BooBear05
09-09-2006, 01:29 AM
Tried that. Nothing. :(

jcsqwertyuiopjcs
09-09-2006, 12:06 PM
i posted a new thread in the only thing in trading post u can post in but it got moved to old and sold and i cant post there yet! =) help!

GBShorts
09-09-2006, 03:19 PM
i posted a new thread in the only thing in trading post u can post in but it got moved to old and sold and i cant post there yet! =) help!

Well there is a requirement to get into the trading post. You have to have a certain number of posts and be here over a month. Even that does not guarantee you will get into Trader Mick's.

You may only post trades for items or requests for items in the I have to trade or wanted trades sections. If you post a trade offer or request anywhere else, it is deleted or removed.

This is to prevent scammers and it's for your safety. You need to apply to be in Trader Mick's under UserCP>group memberships AFTER you have been here a month (you just joined in the last few days).

In the meantime, any posts or threads for trades will be deleted.

In addition, you have attached too many images to make a "signature". You must pay for a signature, or post ONE of those as an attachment. We have rules on signature sizes (no larger than 200x500 pixels TOTAL).

Thanks,
Shorts

winniesdapooh
10-01-2006, 11:45 PM
I do not know how to start my own thread.

Girlychick
10-13-2006, 05:25 PM
Why is it that when I tried posted a reply on the above ^ board, I couldn't?

It posted the following . . .

Girlychick, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

PirateAhoy
10-24-2006, 10:58 PM
Lots of threads, including the Trading Post (faints because it's my only chance to find inferno stitch or flips o_o) have a little lock at the bottom left of the icon and, from what I have experienced, means I cannot post in it. At least that is what has happened - yup, it's weird

Katallyah
10-25-2006, 06:25 PM
I could post a thread yesterday in the Trading section but today I can't reply to another person's post in the same section. Obviously this section was fine so maybe I jsut missed a rule. Can someone help me?

I get the same thing as Girlychick above mentioned.

Wendot
10-25-2006, 06:28 PM
I could post a thread yesterday in the Trading section but today I can't reply to another person's post in the same section. Obviously this section was fine so maybe I jsut missed a rule. Can someone help me?

I get the same thing as Girlychick above mentioned.

The thread you posted was actually created in Price is Right. To post or start threads in I Have to Trade or Wanted Trades, please see this thread for an explanation: http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67096

Katallyah
10-25-2006, 06:30 PM
I noticed that after I looked at it again. It was my first Trading post so I needed to figure that out. It doesn't explain why I can't reply to someone's thread today. Is there an update on that problem yet?

Wendot
10-25-2006, 06:52 PM
I noticed that after I looked at it again. It was my first Trading post so I needed to figure that out. It doesn't explain why I can't reply to someone's thread today. Is there an update on that problem yet?

Unless you're actually a member of Trader Mick's (under Group Memberships), you won't be able to post, start threads, or reply to threads in the trading forums.

Katallyah
10-25-2006, 07:01 PM
Noted and application sent. I guess I thought I already joined or it was open to everyone. Thank you for the information.

mickeymahomedog
11-03-2006, 02:41 AM
i can never post on trade threads

Extras
11-03-2006, 03:56 AM
i can never post on trade threads

Go to User CP ------> Group Memberships --------> Join Trader Mick's

Taylor
11-11-2006, 02:36 PM
On certain threads when other people post, it doesn't allow me to.
I click reply and it says:

Taylor;
You may not post in this thread for reasons.
- You may not have user privliges (or whatever)
- your account may be on hold (or whatever)
-(i forgot)

PirateAhoy
11-25-2006, 01:41 AM
I have sent in an application just like Wendot said to do, and I still cannot post in the Trading Post. If Wendot or another Trading Most mod can accept me that would be great. Thanks.

kes1280
11-26-2006, 04:48 PM
I started a new thread yesterday and it said it was moderated and would be reviewed....no sign of it yet :o\

-rcv-
11-27-2006, 09:42 PM
I have sent in an application just like Wendot said to do, and I still cannot post in the Trading Post. If Wendot or another Trading Most mod can accept me that would be great. Thanks.
I don't see an application from you in the queue for Group Memberships (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups)

Are you sure you applied? If so, please try again. Follow the linkage: Group Memberships (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups)

-rcv-
Kid Bugs

acefredfred
12-24-2006, 05:28 PM
i have a problem i cant find my thread in the clans and groups section when i just posted it it yesterday

redskinslover
12-24-2006, 06:05 PM
This is not exactly a problem, but in some forums, my posts have to be approved by a mod. Is that just because I'm new?

CapnOlaf
12-24-2006, 06:08 PM
I have had messages that I shouldn't triple post, but I didn't, Some of the posts between my posts were deleted so it looked like I triple posted, but I didn't actually triple post.

Batleth
12-25-2006, 02:42 AM
I have had messages that I shouldn't triple post, but I didn't, Some of the posts between my posts were deleted so it looked like I triple posted, but I didn't actually triple post.Make sure you hit the submit reply button only once. Hitting this mutliple times will cause this message to appear.

This is not exactly a problem, but in some forums, my posts have to be approved by a mod. Is that just because I'm new?Sent you a PM about this, but yes. All newer users are moderated for a while to make sure they don't spam, advertise, etc and are just normal users.

i have a problem i cant find my thread in the clans and groups section when i just posted it it yesterdayI've reviewed your threads/posts and I don't see where you've posted at all yesterday. Are you possitive that you posted?

If these quick replies don't solve the problems for the above users, please PM me with more details so I can follow up on your problems with these forums. Thanks.

savyanna
12-28-2006, 06:08 AM
yes,, umm i have a problem posting threads in trading forums

could you possible be "banned" from posting threads? because when i first started i may have said something that was unapropriate.

daizyduke
12-28-2006, 06:12 AM
I have a problem-well, I CAN post, but when I try to attach a picture it will not let me..

Huggle.Wuggles
12-28-2006, 06:40 AM
In only some threads I can not post. I have no idea why but it says I don't have permission yet I can post on a different thread right under it.

daizyduke
12-28-2006, 06:42 AM
Yes! That somethimes happens to me!

When I try to post sometimes, it says:

daizyduke, you cannot post or something like that..

Batleth
12-28-2006, 06:57 AM
yes,, umm i have a problem posting threads in trading forums

could you possible be "banned" from posting threads? because when i first started i may have said something that was unapropriate.
You need to apply to trader mickey by going to Group Memberships (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups) in your userCP. Mods review applications for new users to this group.
I have a problem-well, I CAN post, but when I try to attach a picture it will not let me..
Make sure it is a valid file type or make sure you have enough room left to add a new file.

Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt x32 zip
In only some threads I can not post. I have no idea why but it says I don't have permission yet I can post on a different thread right under it.I noticed that you're not a member of any of the usergroups. You can add yourself to them and try again. Just go to Group Memberships (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups) and join some groups. Or you could be trying to post in an archive forum which is a no posting area. Could you be more specific as to where you are trying to post?

savyanna
12-28-2006, 04:12 PM
oh thanks =D

Tanimalcrossing
12-30-2006, 02:08 PM
I am having problems as well i can't make a new theard in VMK News Articles.
No one can, they get merged, or mods can post.

alubadubdub
12-30-2006, 04:14 PM
Sometimes when I try to post it says you cannot post right now please log out and try again, so I log out and a page says cookies fixed and it returns me to the same page but then I try posting and the same thing happens.

Batleth
12-31-2006, 08:07 AM
Sometimes when I try to post it says you cannot post right now please log out and try again, so I log out and a page says cookies fixed and it returns me to the same page but then I try posting and the same thing happens.
Sounds like you have a security program or setting in your browser that is blocking our cookie. You should check there and see if you can find the problem.

billabonggirl
12-31-2006, 08:16 AM
I have SOME problems posting on SOME trading threads it doesn't happen very often but i can't post on some trading threads basically..no biggie

jobeejer
01-11-2007, 12:44 AM
I just tried to post room codes for trade under "I have to trade" and my post was closed. I wrote to Wendot in a PM but have nt heard from her yet.

piratesrock
01-11-2007, 01:20 AM
I can't post using the quick reply option, and I can't edit my posts either!

Batleth
01-11-2007, 03:04 AM
I just tried to post room codes for trade under "I have to trade" and my post was closed. I wrote to Wendot in a PM but have nt heard from her yet.Your trade thread is here: http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97179
Looks fine to me.

I can't post using the quick reply option, and I can't edit my posts either!You need to join Trader Mickey usergroup to post there. Here's how: Important News for Trading Forum-READ ME! :) (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66910)

I have SOME problems posting on SOME trading threads it doesn't happen very often but i can't post on some trading threads basically..no biggie
You shouldn't be having any problems posting in any trade threads. Could you find an example and PM me the url for a thread you're having problems in?

dragnfly-princess
01-12-2007, 12:35 AM
I have tried to join Trader Micks and have not heard anything as of yet. I have tried twice in the last three months and would really like the opportunity to trade. Any help you can offer is appreciated.
Thanks!

Batleth
01-12-2007, 02:14 PM
I have tried to join Trader Micks and have not heard anything as of yet. I have tried twice in the last three months and would really like the opportunity to trade. Any help you can offer is appreciated.
Thanks!
Are you going to your userCP and clicking on group memberships then adding yourself to Trader Mickey? You meet our requirements for membership.

Fairy
01-13-2007, 01:59 AM
I Cant ( CANT) Post In Userpage Etc. Because Im Too Young!?!?!?!?!?! Omg... Im Way Older then they think.. Then I just tried it.. It says Im Not a Member! ( And Im Logged On!

dragnfly-princess
01-13-2007, 06:03 AM
Yay!
Thank you!
I had done that in the past both times.

Batleth
01-13-2007, 07:42 AM
I Cant ( CANT) Post In Userpage Etc. Because Im Too Young!?!?!?!?!?! Omg... Im Way Older then they think.. Then I just tried it.. It says Im Not a Member! ( And Im Logged On!
Try deleting your cookie for here. Then log back in and try again. If you get an error message, please PM me that message.

TmorrowlndPrncess
01-15-2007, 12:37 AM
I can't post a thread in the forum "Polls and Surveys" and I don't know why. When I post the thread it takes me back to the forums and when I search for my thread, it doesn't show up..nor does it show up on the front page.

Wendot
01-15-2007, 01:58 AM
I can't post a thread in the forum "Polls and Surveys" and I don't know why. When I post the thread it takes me back to the forums and when I search for my thread, it doesn't show up..nor does it show up on the front page.

All threads created in the Polls and Surveys forum requires approval from a moderator first. So actually, everyone faces the same "problem" as you. The solution is to just be patient and wait for a moderator to approve the poll/thread. If you don't see the thread after a day, it's likely that it was deleted, because it didn't follow the site rules.