View Full Version : Trading Post suggestions

Captain Brain
11-15-2005, 11:07 PM
As all of us know things tend to get lost in the trading post.The daily bump works pretty well but there is always the time when 20 threads pop out of nowhere.

My idea for it could be,like have a mini section for codes,quest stuff,retired things and other stuff.I think that this could help people get trades easier.

Just my 2 cents.

-Captain

Wendot
11-15-2005, 11:12 PM
If this is for suggestions - may I suggest limiting how many new trade threads can be made a day? Some people offer 1 item and as soon as it's traded (and sometimes sooner) they create a new thread offering another item while the other one is still on the front page.

SpinMarty
11-15-2005, 11:28 PM
Funny you should mention the separate trading sections as we are currently discussing exactly which sub-trading groups there should be!

Keep up the suggestions - it only helps the fan site grow better.

Captain Brain
11-15-2005, 11:32 PM
Funny you should mention the separate trading sections as we are currently discussing exactly which sub-trading groups there should be!

Keep up the suggestions - it only helps the fan site grow better.
Huh,I guess great minds think alike!

SweepHunter
11-16-2005, 12:03 AM
I have one trading thread. Only when I get a rare item will I get so excited that I post a new thread.

I see too often new threads like mine from the same person many times a day.

How many ads for stuff for trade do you need. There should be a limit on single item ads. My trade thread lists on the first post what I need and what is for trade. It has a daily bump listing new stuff, my daily schedule and new things I want. Why should I make a new post for every cyan tea cup I get?

Wendot
11-16-2005, 03:26 AM
I have one trading thread. Only when I get a rare item will I get so excited that I post a new thread.

I see too often new threads like mine from the same person many times a day.

How many ads for stuff for trade do you need. There should be a limit on single item ads. My trade thread lists on the first post what I need and what is for trade. It has a daily bump listing new stuff, my daily schedule and new things I want. Why should I make a new post for every cyan tea cup I get?

Same here, I've been trying to maintain just one monster thread that I update regularly and it has worked out ok.

If anything, I don't think there needs to be 800 space mountain code threads. I have those to trade as well (a lot, in fact), but out of principle I don't want to add to more clutter and thus miss out in some good trades. I agree that sometimes something good pops up that can get it's own trade thread, but for the most part it's a lot of repeats.

coolgogogirl
11-16-2005, 03:50 AM
I belive there is a site out there completly dedicated to VMK trades. I'm not sure if I can post it... I thought it's advertising for another site not run by people here. hmm what to do...

-coolgogogirl

SpinMarty
11-16-2005, 03:52 AM
We are looking at ways to make our trade section more like a classifieds section (with photos, timelines - being able to trade for "x" amount of days only) etc.

Still looking at possibilities so don't get your hopes up yet :)

cptnruthless
11-16-2005, 07:02 AM
nooo! dont change it!
i dislike the "other site" for that exact reason! this one is much better, and easier to use!

but i do like the sections that captain brian suggested, except it would defeat the purpose of master trade threads and create a lot more clutter...

AceLollipop
11-16-2005, 11:49 AM
I really like the sections idea, there is enough topics for all of them to stay active. We could help sections like beta stuff, quest, codes, in store stuff.

Sometimes I start a new topic when my old topic get's lot's of replys and starts to die down. You can get more people to reply when you have a new topic, and it is not welcoming when a member already see's eight pages of trade threads.

SpinMarty
11-16-2005, 02:01 PM
nooo! dont change it!
i dislike the "other site" for that exact reason! this one is much better, and easier to use!

but i do like the sections that captain brian suggested, except it would defeat the purpose of master trade threads and create a lot more clutter...

It will be very user friendly, allow for the master trade threads as well. Don't worry :) It won't be like the other site nor will it contain many many subsections.

Greenway
11-16-2005, 02:15 PM
I think tinkering with the trading post is a great idea. It would be nice to have some way to find all the threads that have the exact item you are looking for and compare them with each other to find the best deal for you. This is something very difficult to do with a popular item (Space Mountain Codes) and with very common items or stuff that is buyable from the stores. I am excited to see what will come from the great minds of VMKForums.

carlyiscoolio
11-16-2005, 11:27 PM
I would like this to be added to the trading post. My suggestions for the sections would be:

Quest
Beta
Discontinued
In-store items
Codes
Other(If there is such thing LOL)