View Full Version : Big changes coming tomorrow!

Jord
11-15-2005, 09:12 PM
I am so happy this is what VMK_Zev said!!!!!!!

Mere is being taken away from the dictionary and so is other stuff so we not worry about bf/gf and get a kid!!!! So happy!

Dnphm
11-15-2005, 09:14 PM
Awesome! Great Ears and Question Jord!

manunderwater
11-15-2005, 09:14 PM
that's good news now if they could take away taken :)

Shanniegina
11-15-2005, 09:15 PM
-hallelujah music plays- Joy to the World, our staff has spoken!

Schmoofy
11-15-2005, 09:16 PM
That is great to hear,no more VMK BFs/GFs

Jord
11-15-2005, 09:16 PM
Nah, taken is fine because what if you were like, my inferno! It was taken!

SteelersYOYO
11-15-2005, 09:17 PM
VMK_Zev:
The rest of VMK should be released around the holidays..

CuteHaliey
11-15-2005, 09:17 PM
Joy to the VMK land! Finally!

Schmoofy
11-15-2005, 09:18 PM
VMK_Zev:
That just sweetens the deal =)

Jord
11-15-2005, 09:19 PM
That just sweetens the deal =)
Oh yeah he also did say that

Schmoofy
11-15-2005, 09:20 PM
VMK_Zev has been really helpful lately,I wonder what is up with him and the testers?

LittleBubbles
11-15-2005, 09:23 PM
VMK_Zev has been really helpful lately,I wonder what is up with him and the testers?

Maybe he got a raise ;)

Jord
11-15-2005, 09:23 PM
He has been and he is the one that people thank a lot so I wonder what is going on with other staff?

4EverDisneyLuver
11-15-2005, 09:26 PM
Finally LOL. They have taken out most of the words we want to use and kept the ones we didn't want. I guess know they have realized that they forgot the bad ones when "fixing" the dictionary this past halloween! LOL. I am so happy to hear that though. I was getting rather tired of hearing people asking things like that in vmk.

The end of an era, the beginning of chaos!LOL (can't doubt that there will be people angered by this however. LOL)

SoarinSoarin
11-15-2005, 09:27 PM
woot! i hate all those new players who come into my game rooms and ask if i want to get "mer"! i really hate that and i can't boot bc it isn't nice!

woot woot! more room for better things on the list!

soarinsoarin~!~

kitty2601
11-15-2005, 09:28 PM
no way! thats so good the mere stuff is so dumb!
(totally off topic) i just got 500 credit for playing music for 100th time! yay!lol

Fran
11-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Ok, I'm lost... what's mere?

merdiyah1994
11-15-2005, 09:38 PM
ya no more taking about bf/gf ok because my friend almost got banded talking like that

and to FRAn mere is liki merry you know bride and groom

MarathonMan
11-15-2005, 09:39 PM
Im sure the ppl will find a substitute for mere and stuff like that, they always do..

Whar
11-15-2005, 09:40 PM
Mere means small or insignifigant. Unfortunetely, people have been using this word as a substitute for "marry" and to be honest, these players who continually bypass the dictionary to their own ends are really making our lives miserable.

Why? We're having really good words being removed such as "mere" so that players don't abuse them. Essentially, our english skills are begginning to be hampered by the removal of these words. I felt very angry at the staff before, but then I realized, it's the abusive players who are causing the removal of these eloquent words.

Well, I hope people read this post. I think it explains the source of the whole "Lyke omgz!!111 tHE dIcTionary iz shoo meann!!!1".

Emakla
11-15-2005, 10:07 PM
I believe that VMK_Zev only mentioned the word mere, he didnt say anything about removed boy friend or girl friend. Just the word mere.

I was in the room as well, he said it would slow down the taken thing.

rcpratt3
11-15-2005, 10:22 PM
I was in VMK_Zev's room this afternoon, and he said there will be big changes made tomorrow. It involves being "taken". He said they are taking the word "mere" out of the dictionary and making several other big changes but he would not say anymore about them. I am sorry I can't post a screen shot because I don't even know how to take one.

rcpratt3
11-15-2005, 10:31 PM
I was there when he said all that, but he also said the only ones that really know when and how is the testers. I feel bad for the staff because everyone always asks them the same questions and it is questions that they don't know the answers to. The staff is there to maintain the safety of the game.

Jord
11-15-2005, 10:32 PM
I was in VMK_Zev's room this afternoon, and he said there will be big changes made tomorrow. It involves being "taken". He said they are taking the word "mere" out of the dictionary and making several other big changes but he would not say anymore about them. I am sorry I can't post a screen shot because I don't even know how to take one.

You dont need to make a whole other thread about this when I already made one...

DizCaptain
11-15-2005, 10:33 PM
this is sooooooo cool! Thank You for posting!

Haydenfan
11-15-2005, 10:37 PM
Maybe he got a raise ;)
That would make me happy and joyful to help others if I were him

Ace cute candy
11-15-2005, 10:40 PM
omg it so sad eddie from wwe died
R.I.P eddie

rcpratt3
11-15-2005, 10:44 PM
sorry I did not see your thread until after I posted mine.

NASAMan
11-15-2005, 10:48 PM
Thanks ace for that sad but completely off topic post

I've been tempted to pull the following the next time someone asks me to get 'mere'. Just say, "What will you give me for an answer?" Accept anything they offer (even NPC pins) and then say "My answer is no." If they ask for the stuff back, say "sorry, you gave it to me for my answer which was no". Maybe then they will be less likely to ask. Now I can't do it in my CL account, but maybe I'll go fishing with my alternet player.

sealy
11-15-2005, 10:54 PM
Yes!! finally out of the dictionary!! oh so happy, so happy happy!! :) :) :) :)

carlyiscoolio
11-15-2005, 10:56 PM
Hallelujah. Yes! No more bf/gf stuff! Thank you staff!

Haydenfan
11-15-2005, 11:01 PM
Hallelujah. Yes! No more bf/gf stuff! Thank you staff!but yet another sad thing,,online kids (da da da) the ppl that come up to u and say"will u be my mummy" gr

PrincessJennie
11-15-2005, 11:04 PM
Well actually if you look at the time this thread was made before yours so.... yeah........

splashdiva
11-15-2005, 11:19 PM
Mere means small or insignifigant. Unfortunetely, people have been using this word as a substitute for "marry" and to be honest, these players who continually bypass the dictionary to their own ends are really making our lives miserable. ".

mere may be a good word in real life, but come on, have you ever used it in VMK. "The mere sight of :CastMem: excites me" ehhh... not so much. Its sad that the spelling and such has gotten so bad.. but hey save it for English class, I'm sure your teacher will adore it.:wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

redsockgurl
11-15-2005, 11:24 PM
hmm...... well even though i agree with them, i can't talk about my new horse in vmk............. they should add our names and the word mynci, mynci is a neopet, well if u go to the neopets site, i have one :) lol.......but yeah, i agree, kinda lol

F0REVERL0ST
11-15-2005, 11:28 PM
VMK_Zev:

Nice! I cannot wait! :D

barfownz
11-15-2005, 11:50 PM
great 2 hear

barfownz
11-15-2005, 11:51 PM
no more bf/gf stuff yay

KoolKylie
11-16-2005, 12:10 AM
I heard about the news from a friend

Glad to hear it! So tired of girls going up to guys asking "are u taken??" Do you think they will find some way to avoid the word taken? @_@

LadyMaria
11-16-2005, 12:20 AM

Mere is being taken away from the dictionary and so is other stuff so we not worry about bf/gf and get a kid!!!! So happy!
Hip, Hip, Horray!

xfan342
11-16-2005, 02:27 AM
So what exactly are they going to take out?

These are the words I want eliminated from VMK
-Taken
-Mummy
-Da (Daddy)
-Boi/Boy Friend
-Girl Friend
-<3
-Heart

Are they going to eliminate these words?

wdworld
11-16-2005, 02:30 AM

WOO!! THANKS YOU!! no mores will you be my girl or seeing mer mer mer!! all over the place, THANK YOU!

SleepyPiglet
11-16-2005, 02:31 AM
Finally! About time that VMK thought that stuff was unacceptable...

Merle Corey
11-16-2005, 02:37 AM
that is good news. i can't stand girls i don't even know asking if i'm taken.

one girl tonight wanted to do the boy/ girl thing with me. what's wrong with these kids.

Dr.Kumquatt
11-16-2005, 02:53 AM
So what exactly are they going to take out?

These are the words I want eliminated from VMK
-Taken
-Mummy
-Da (Daddy)
-Boi/Boy Friend
-Girl Friend
-<3
-Heart

Are they going to eliminate these words?

I mostly agree with you.

My list of action that should be taken

- taken taken out of dictionary
- mere took out of dictionary
- step taken out of dictionary (as taking the next step will prob replace mere)
- mine taken out of dictionary (some people say be mine, and you can say this belongs to me instead of this is mine)
- something that pops up when you say friend right after boy or girl
- An anouncement on the VMK home page about how BF/GF and mer are not aloud on VMK

I am all for people being able to say mummy, da da, and pop though because I find that usefull when I need to talk about my parents, though if deleting these words is something necessary for VMK to do Im all for them :)

Even if VMK does take this action I think that people will still find ways to say these things, and we will just wear the dictionary to the bone if we keep chasing our tales over this.

Dr.Kumquatt

P.S. this is just my opinion, if you dont like it post about it, DONT GIVE BAD REP :wave2:

Poseidon
11-16-2005, 04:38 AM
Everything that xfan said, except heart, I'd love to be taken out.

I just wonder how. We'll see, tomorrow. :)

spbink
11-16-2005, 04:53 AM
I asked VMK_Zev about why 'beach' isn't taken out of the dictionary, and he said it is because of the tiki tiki room being in a beach setting and that they're working on how to deal with it when used as an insult.

Appleson
11-16-2005, 04:55 AM
hooray! -dances around with enjoyment and satisfaction of these words' end-

JJKId93
11-16-2005, 04:58 AM
:woohoo: wooo hoooo big changes :woohoo:

Oathkeeper
11-16-2005, 05:02 AM
Now I will never conquer my dreams of one day being VMK King and calling people "mere peaseants"

thanks. the day people celebrate the removal of words from the dictionary has finally reached us.

Honestly, I really don't see the big deal to all of this. The crazy 'married' people just stick to their rooms; not once has anyone asked me to get 'mere.' Really, who cares if someone asks if you're taken!? Just politely say no and move on with life. Some day, you'll be regret that word and all those who follow it being taken [<-- I rest my case] out of the dictionary.

Somtimers
11-16-2005, 05:05 AM
that is so cool people kept asking me on one of my accounts to be bf/gf that i had to put taken in my signature but am not really taken.

Somtimers
11-16-2005, 05:06 AM
well true but someone who i had only known for a day asked me to merry him and he no even ask for date kind of thing it was creepy.
Sorry for double post

SplasherForFriends
11-16-2005, 05:07 AM
Took forever for Vmk to take out those words! Some people have girl friends, more than one! And my friend was furious! So glad that there taking out those words! :)

spbink
11-16-2005, 05:24 AM
Now I will never conquer my dreams of one day being VMK King and calling people "mere peaseants"

...well, the word Revolution is already in the dictionary...

GBShorts
11-16-2005, 05:58 AM
VMK_Runo and VMK_Flamingo were both in a room I was in with friends and they said that the color pink would be added to the dictionary.

They way they said it *paraphrased*:

Flamingo: Runo did you tell them the secret?
Runo: If I did, it would not be a secret!
Flamingo: well as of tomorrow you can say what color I am! (she's pink skinned, like a flamingo)

So. There ya go.

Sounds like other words will be added/taken away too based on what I've read. :)

Night, all :D

ClubDisCM
11-16-2005, 06:25 AM
I really wish we could have numbers back. I doubt we will, but I can still hope. Glad to hear about pink. I was confused as to what was so offensive about that color.

On another note, spbink you have the best trivia room! So well organized!

longsaber1
11-16-2005, 11:57 AM
Yeah!!!!!!!Get a kid was the worst idea ever!!!!!!!!!I mean acting like a baby whoo hooo!!!!!!!!So glad they took those words out!!!!!!!!!!!!

AceLollipop
11-16-2005, 11:58 AM
I am very excited to see what they have done. :) I have been sending in lot's of reports on that taken stuff, and hope that it worked. :) It will be fun to go to the street party music game and see how people try to get around what words you can not say anymore.

RuffAlex
11-16-2005, 12:09 PM
Wooo!No more people coming uo to me and saying:Your Cute!i <3 you.Want to Mere Me?That gets so annoying..

SweepHunter
11-16-2005, 12:36 PM
Who is going to be up early to test words?

Also good news about community leaders.
They have a back log of applications and as they need are using those old applications. When they get low then they will ask for more applications.

That was VMK Runo or VMK Zev who said that.

AceLollipop
11-16-2005, 12:54 PM

I will. :mickeymo:

SingingJoJo
11-16-2005, 02:20 PM
I probably will too :) Since I'm already on why not wait 40 minutes?

LadyVader
11-16-2005, 02:42 PM

Im so happy that I wont have to hear the question, "Are you Taken?" again, its enough to make me jump for joy. Because yes I am taken! by everyone of my friends on VMK!:wave2:

SingingJoJo
11-16-2005, 02:44 PM
Im so happy that I wont have to hear the question, "Are you Taken?" again, its enough to make me jump for joy. Because yes I am taken! by everyone of my friends on VMK!:wave2:

I hate hearing "are you taken?" even if it's not to me! :Tongue: So I am very glad they're are taking it out of the dictionary.

BnyKty
11-16-2005, 02:50 PM
Alleluia! At last!

-Kit

MisterToad
11-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Well, the word "taken" is still in the dictionary. You can see the changes made to the dictionary in my post here (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=256822#post256822).

Jord
11-16-2005, 08:15 PM

VMK_Zev also I tested the words "baby and mere" and you cant use them anymore but for some reason you cannot use "ya" anymore...

nikkiluvsmickey
11-16-2005, 09:07 PM
we can also say pink.dont for get that. :-)

bunnygoogles
11-16-2005, 09:09 PM
im glad it's out ppl will actually klmow the real meaning of vmk

JumpingJen
11-16-2005, 09:13 PM
Joy to...VMK World <3

Jen

LittleJoe
11-16-2005, 10:14 PM
Yeah! Those words are gone. This is an important time in VMK history.

SingingJoJo
11-16-2005, 10:34 PM
Yes! I'm so happy most of the words are out of the dictionary now. But I think they really should have taken away taken. Oh well, not my decision.

KoolKylie
11-16-2005, 10:51 PM
i thought they took ithe word taken away, but i guess not!

Ah well, happy that mere and baby are taken out. Any other words that are gone now?

MusicMusicalGurl
11-16-2005, 10:59 PM
I think they should take boo out. I have seen some ppl use it in the whole bf/gf thing. Oh I am so glad that VMK made these changes

xfan342
11-16-2005, 11:03 PM
They didn't take out these words

-taken
-boy friend
-girl friend
-mummy pop
-<3

They didn't take out anything but baby!

That's It? That's the revolution of VMK?

I'm sorry to be negative but this is sad!

Haydenfan
11-16-2005, 11:05 PM
yes ppl yes! kk has been taken out of the dictonary no more pin kk more flamingo and rose color yeah!

Lord Turbine
11-16-2005, 11:15 PM
Wait, now taken's out. No, no, no, this won't work at all. Now we can't say anything. I mean, that's good, but it's horrible.

lostfanatic
11-16-2005, 11:49 PM
OK. you people are getting a little obssessive over this thing. you want girl friend and boy friend taken out. if you did that girl and boy would be taken out of the language too. yes, i'm glad about the mere and everything, but it ruins part of my experiment i'm doing with some of these words.

by the way, you need to stop worrying about other people and what they want to do. you can't control them. it's not your call

Wiggins
11-16-2005, 11:56 PM
VMK_Zev also I tested the words "baby and mere" and you cant use them anymore but for some reason you cannot use "ya" anymore...

You might not be able to say "ya" 'cause people would say "ya who" when referring to "yahoo" messenger.

MagicPirate
11-17-2005, 12:02 AM
OK. you people are getting a little obssessive over this thing. you want girl friend and boy friend taken out. if you did that girl and boy would be taken out of the language too. yes, i'm glad about the mere and everything, but it ruins part of my experiment i'm doing with some of these words.

by the way, you need to stop worrying about other people and what they want to do. you can't control them. it's not your call

But it is VMK's call! VMK has dubed this not appropriate for VMK since they got wind of it, and VMK wants it gone and so do most of us! I am a little upset they took out kk, it was a common, nice used word. I would not "experiment" with those words unless used for good reasons... We are not obessesing over this, it is a weird crisis that is affecting new players, making them do it. People are getting extremely weird about this from what I saw last night. The only thing my friend and I could say after that was, "What is VMK coming to?" It is sad that people do this, really it is... I hope VMK gets back to normality in the future. Part of doing this would be doing away with the BF GF vocabulary, which we are hoping for.

lostfanatic
11-17-2005, 12:10 AM
i'm not experimenting with the words, it's the use behind the words. you wouldn't get it. plus this thread wouldn't be popular if you didn't have something to say about this. people on this thread are thinking of other words to ban. i do agree with the mere and baby thing i mean it is a little creepy. just don't start singing praises people.

joemanjoeman
11-17-2005, 01:08 AM

Also good news about community leaders.
They have a back log of applications and as they need are using those old applications. When they get low then they will ask for more applications.

WOOHOO! for the news about community leaders and Boy girl stuff!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

LadyMaria
11-17-2005, 12:09 PM
I'm happy about just about everything, but not ya. I need to say ya! ya ya ya! How many ppl say ya who?

bopper
11-17-2005, 07:41 PM
you also can't say "kk" instead of "ok" anymore...I kinda got used to doing that. But I am tickled pink about pink!

Where is Esplanade? that should be in dictionary.

redsockgurl
11-20-2005, 12:43 PM
yeah, esplenade is part of vmk, someone should suggest it

SweepHunter
11-20-2005, 01:13 PM
The Doll Face people have gotten around the dictionary again.

The talk about "do do" and one dude who was not a baby did this in a VMK lady staff member's room.

They now have "new worn" kids.

Now they take their kids to the doctor and play doctor in that the doctor gives "get well stuff" and "shots". One of the Doll Face people actually would not take the stuff and was kicking. One patient attacked the doctor.

I do not understand why we can use let but not letting or make but not making.

Mousetyme
11-20-2005, 01:33 PM
They have also thought of a new way to ask "Are you taken?".

"Want to be my Charm?"

lostfanatic
11-20-2005, 04:50 PM
I know. This is getting way out of hand. I hate that they are finding more ways to get their points across. The doctor's office is not someting that belongs on VMK. Things that happen there are definitely not G-rated. This is a game for fun not reality. people have to stop.

Oranges
11-20-2005, 06:04 PM
They need to hold a giant celebration in honor of this moment.