View Full Version : Need Clarification

Whar
11-14-2005, 12:07 AM
Ok, I just recieved bad reputation from what I personally view as a good reminder. However, I just wanted to clear up what I view as abugious in the rules.

Here's the comment on the rep.

Please read the post stickied at the top about etiquette and bumping appropriately. There are a lot of SM room threads and it's not fair to everyone else trying to trade on the same board to abuse the bumping privilege.

I was not trying to abuse the privllage, as I believed the guidelines said:

Things NOT to post:

Multiple posts stating WHERE AND WHEN to meet (this can be done in acceptance post, or through PM)
FLAMING OR RUDE COMMENTS about other people's offers
HIJACKING THREAD with your own trade
Bumping more than once a day per thread
Any bumps made without waiting 24 hrs will be considered spam and deleted.

Now does this mean ANY bump made? I always thought it meant that we would be able to bump a topic once per day. So is it once per day, or once per topic? I will change my posting methods accordingly.

SpinMarty
11-14-2005, 03:37 AM
once per day per topic.

Gotsumgame
11-14-2005, 04:14 AM
SM,

Does that mean we could bump every thread we have, just once per day. Not that I would do this, but is it possible?

SpinMarty
11-14-2005, 04:18 AM
If it is a justified BUMP then yes, the rules allow for one bump per day per thread. However, if we see a huge abuse of this on threads that don't need a bump on a regular basis we will close them.

Word of advice . . . be prudent :)

Gotsumgame
11-14-2005, 04:20 AM
Ok, Thanks.

Whar
11-14-2005, 04:20 PM
Wait, so does this mean the bad reputation is not justified? Just curious, because nowadays, it seems like people are actually taking alot of time into putting bad reputation comments into the form of an eloquently made statement.

That or one person is trying to get on my nerves. ;)

Batleth
11-15-2005, 08:21 AM
Doubt it's a single person giving you bad rep. We have safe guards in place so the same person can't keep repping you over and over. If you find any rep comment that violates one of our policies, report it to a mod.