View Full Version : Vmk_zev Convo!!! Please Read!

PrincessAsh947
11-13-2005, 11:44 PM
my conversation with nice Vmk_zev!!!

ShopPink: what does it take to be a communtiy leader?

VMK_zev: i dont pick community leaders but what i do know is that u should have a good knowledge of the game, actively play and NO bands

ShoPpink: will pirate quest be out at disney world?

Vmk_zev: it will be out this and next week while Haunted Mansion is closed

Shoppink: do u know when a new costume will be out?

VMK_Zev:i dont know that stuff

Shoppink: do u know any information about new room?

VMK_zev: no, pirate room is from the pirate quest

Shoppink: why can only community leaders be your friends

VMK_Zev: because if u all were then i couldnt fit u on my list

also he cant give out free things!

SteelersYOYO
11-13-2005, 11:51 PM
also he cant give out free things!

Really? CL_Tiggerbounces got inferno from him no cost about 2 days ago!

Yo_oY

PrincessAsh947
11-13-2005, 11:53 PM
oh thats what he said!

prisoner
11-14-2005, 01:32 AM
Did anyone get a chance to ask him about bugs being fixed?

TooHip
11-14-2005, 03:24 AM
Did anyone get a chance to ask him about bugs being fixed?

Honestly Priz... I was there when ShopPink was asking questions an told him I had a few for him too but would wait until she was done. I actually thought to ask if they were working on bugs when he crashed and returned just in time for me to crash myself. I gave up and didn't return.

Oh well. Heres' you thread back PrincessAsh947.

-Too Hip. Gotta go!

prisoner
11-14-2005, 10:26 AM
Honestly Priz... I was there when ShopPink was asking questions an told him I had a few for him too but would wait until she was done. I actually thought to ask if they were working on bugs when he crashed and returned just in time for me to crash myself. I gave up and didn't return.

The bugs know and are trying to make sure you don't ask about them! It is a conspiracy!

ahem... sorry... er... Thank you for thinking about this and for trying! :)

GBShorts
11-14-2005, 12:36 PM
The bugs know and are trying to make sure you don't ask about them! It is a conspiracy!

ahem... sorry... er... Thank you for thinking about this and for trying! :)

Honestly the staff (VMK_ and HOST_) isn't there to work on bugs-they have nothing to do with the programming so asking them is completely fruitless.

You'd do much better to use contact us and incessantly bombard them with questions...or the testers.

You'll never get anywhere with the VMK staff asking this question because they don't honestly know-they're nowhere near Sulake and they aren't told what's being worked on. :D

mickeymouse2818
11-14-2005, 03:34 PM
the staff is there to moderate the ppl on vmk, i believe that the testers are the ones who fix the problems. and its always nice to get an inferno!

barfownz
11-14-2005, 03:40 PM
good news, thanks

prisoner
11-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Honestly the staff (VMK_ and HOST_) isn't there to work on bugs-they have nothing to do with the programming so asking them is completely fruitless.

You'd do much better to use contact us and incessantly bombard them with questions...or the testers.

You'll never get anywhere with the VMK staff asking this question because they don't honestly know-they're nowhere near Sulake and they aren't told what's being worked on. :D

While I know that VMK_staff and HOST_staff don't have anything to do with the bugs, I'd point out that of the five questions asked this time, VMK_staff don't have anything to do with three of them (the quest, the costume, and the new room) and VMK_zev didn't have anything to do with one of them (how to become a CL).

In the past, questions have been asked of VMK_staff (for example, these with VMK_Mocha (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19400&highlight=answers), or this one with VMK_Zev (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21585&highlight=questions), or these with VMK_Conga (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20255&highlight=VMK_Babs)) that are outside the scope of what they are supposed to be doing (our safety in VMK). We know that VMK_staff don't have anything to do with quests, costumes, rooms, or games either - and yet we ask them these questions. So it seems to me that it is entirely reasonable to ask them about bugs as well.

Furthermore, the point of asking these questions of developers, testers, and staff is to raise the awareness of the issue. If they get the impression that all anyone cares about are new games and new clothes - that is all the feedback they will give on their "reports". If, instead, there is a growing awareness that there are bugs in the system that do impact our game play - then perhaps those bugs will start to get the same attention that everything else does.

So yes, I know that this is not the best route to get the issue addressed. And while I work other avenues to get it fixed, I'm asking people to also ask any staff they ask questions of to include a question about bugs.

Emakla
11-14-2005, 08:16 PM
The best way for anyone to effectively give VMK the proper occurance of a bug is specifically how it relates to you.

With the dictionary blocking many words, it is impossible to give any VMK staff member an accurate example of the specific bugs.

My suggestion, whether you get a response or not, is to report the bugs to the main VMK page (Contact Us) giving them what exactly happened, if the issue has been reproduced, and the type of computer, browser, and connection speed.

They can only work on a bug, if they can get as much information as possible from you.

While I know that VMK_staff and HOST_staff don't have anything to do with the bugs, I'd point out that of the five questions asked this time, VMK_staff don't have anything to do with three of them (the quest, the costume, and the new room) and VMK_zev didn't have anything to do with one of them (how to become a CL).

In the past, questions have been asked of VMK_staff (for example, these with VMK_Mocha (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19400&highlight=answers), or this one with VMK_Zev (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21585&highlight=questions), or these with VMK_Conga (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20255&highlight=VMK_Babs)) that are outside the scope of what they are supposed to be doing (our safety in VMK). We know that VMK_staff don't have anything to do with quests, costumes, rooms, or games either - and yet we ask them these questions. So it seems to me that it is entirely reasonable to ask them about bugs as well.

Furthermore, the point of asking these questions of developers, testers, and staff is to raise the awareness of the issue. If they get the impression that all anyone cares about are new games and new clothes - that is all the feedback they will give on their "reports". If, instead, there is a growing awareness that there are bugs in the system that do impact our game play - then perhaps those bugs will start to get the same attention that everything else does.

So yes, I know that this is not the best route to get the issue addressed. And while I work other avenues to get it fixed, I'm asking people to also ask any staff they ask questions of to include a question about bugs.

prisoner
11-15-2005, 01:01 AM
With the dictionary blocking many words, it is impossible to give any VMK staff member an accurate example of the specific bugs.

Actually, it is very easy. And it is something I've repeated in every message I've sent them on this bug. "Come to my room." It does not take long to show what the problem is. I have never gotten any indication that they have taken me up on that offer. I have provided rather extensive details about the bug, and barely gotten any response at all. That is why I am asking people to help raise awareness of bugs in the system and show the staff that they matter to us.

Anyway, I did not mean to hijack this thread to talk about the bug or my approach to raising awareness, and my apologies if I have. There is a thread on this subject (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17343) where it would likely be more appropriate to continue the conversation.

Zebraa
11-15-2005, 02:31 AM
YESSSSSSSSSSSS! WHEN IM IN WDW, PIRATE QUEST!!!!!!! sorry for caps, but I'm excited =)