View Full Version : Everest is coming to VMK!

shiregirl
11-02-2005, 04:54 AM
So, I had a rather strange encounter tonight. :)

Nico, who is on yavn's staff, came and found me in one of my guest rooms tonight.

His very enigmatic words were: "Everest is coming... to VMK... soon..." :eek:

I said "oh." Brilliant words at such a moment, teehee. :Embar:

He said Expedition Everest from Animal Kingdom is coming soon to VMK, and that I should tell everybody. And then he left before I could ask when...

So, some fun news to think about! :D

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3171/everest4oa.th.jpg (http://img27.imageshack.us/my.php?image=everest4oa.jpg)

Appleson
11-02-2005, 04:56 AM
ooooohhhhh! very interesting info shiregirl. now i wish i could go to Animal Kingdom right now. lol

Taryn
11-02-2005, 05:07 AM
How amazingly cool! I can't wait :D

AshleighPink
11-02-2005, 05:13 AM
Wow! A yeti costume, was just talking with nico and he said maybe a yeti costume, wow!

PixelProphet
11-02-2005, 05:16 AM
outstanding news, thank you shiregirl ;)

shiregirl
11-02-2005, 05:27 AM
Nico was also in a VMK restaurant room ordering "too Everest chilled with Yeti" for his drinks! Teehee. ;)

JeannieV
11-02-2005, 05:35 AM
i wondered. I mean where else is there a Yeti? (unless there is on at DL, but not at Magic kingdom in WDW, so I assumed VMK was more than just the Kingdoms) (sorry if I am wrong)

PirateMario
11-02-2005, 05:41 AM
So, want exlactly is Expedition Everest?

GreatGatsby
11-02-2005, 05:41 AM
Everest is in Animal Kingdom, not in either Magic Kingdom.

So does this mean they are changing VMK to VAnythingWeFeelLikeShovingInFromOtherParksEvenThou ghItDoesNotFitTheThemeWeOurselvesMade?

Or is he mistaking Everest for the Matterhorn, which has already been promised for VMK and also has a yeti?

Taryn
11-02-2005, 05:42 AM
i wondered. I mean where else is there a Yeti? (unless there is on at DL, but not at Magic kingdom in WDW, so I assumed VMK was more than just the Kingdoms) (sorry if I am wrong)

There is a Yeti on the Matterhorn :)

Gotsumgame
11-02-2005, 05:43 AM
I just wanted to say, in CL_Starrynight's room. He was there having everyone chant: Everest is coming!!

Quite fun!!

EDIT: He just said something about the Everest Rug. and NO it is not the bear one displayed in yavn's room

EDIT AGAIN: The Everest Rug is indeed Magic Carpet I guess. When the owner asked what is it, he showed FlyingCarpet off

Taryn
11-02-2005, 05:47 AM

So does this mean they are changing VMK to VAnythingWeFeelLikeShovingInFromOtherParksEvenThou ghItDoesNotFitTheThemeWeOurselvesMade?

Or is he mistaking Everest for the Matterhorn, which has already been promised for VMK and also has a yeti?

I personally think that when they say Magic Kingdom, at least in VMK, they are refering more to the feel of the parks, as opposed to the actual Magic Kingdom...

LuvSimba
11-02-2005, 05:49 AM
They have been saying this on the WDW VMK tour for sometime now.

goldie
11-02-2005, 05:50 AM
I find it odd that the game is called virtual MAGIC KINGDOM and they are putting in a ride from Animal Kingdom. I guess Disney is up to it's old tricks, putting things where they don't belong just to advertise their poor performing products. I guess they started that by putting VMK codes in the Herbie movie just so they could get more sales.

I wonder what will be next, Soarin' Over VMK or getting a code if stay more than 3 hours in DCA?

Gotsumgame
11-02-2005, 05:51 AM
The Flying Carpet ( Everest Rug) will be won by beating the game Expedition Everest. Nico said so. He told us to tell you all.. So it looks like we can be expecting a new game, with flying carpet as the prize..!!

Oathkeeper
11-02-2005, 05:51 AM
I've never heard of Expedition Everest before. So is it like a copy of Matterhorn with a different name slapped onto it?

Snappy KookyQuack
11-02-2005, 05:53 AM
I just talked to nico in the last couple of minutes at Star's Magical Wish Fountain before closing time and he said that you will win the beloved Flying Carpet Magic Spell by winning a new game, as shiregirl explained, Everest! If you saved lots of credits for this pin, well save it for something else because you will not buy this pin! Get ready because " Everest is Coming!" Nico said to say this to everyone! When you win it, call it an Everest rug as nico said! I sure can't wait for this new game. I wasn't at all expecting it! It will probably open next year or December, I'm not sure but for sure its not this month.

Sorry if this has been posted before.

-KookyQuack

disneyrocks
11-02-2005, 05:59 AM
There is a game like that? I want to see what it looks like.. im interested now!

Gotsumgame
11-02-2005, 06:00 AM
nico said so. I guess its like the matterhorn with a different name. Someone said it in Shiregirl's post. But I guess we saved up for nothing!! I am kind of glad anyways. ;)

Wendot
11-02-2005, 06:03 AM
Ok holy moly if this is true. I can only imagine how hard this game will be!

Consider the difference in the degree of difficulty between Airlock Escape and Blast in Space and the quality of the prizes (in my opinion). One has easy, set answers and the other can only be accomplished by dedication and mad arrow key skills.

Gotsumgame
11-02-2005, 06:04 AM
I don't know why, but I have a feeling this game will be a HARD CORE matching game. But he said it will not be sold I believe. It Will be won.

BabyThePirate
11-02-2005, 06:39 AM
Everest does not have any loops.

sweetminniegirl
11-02-2005, 07:07 AM
i love the yeti on the REAL matterhorn in disneyland, he makes such a loud sound, and is well made

hulajenny
11-02-2005, 07:12 AM
i can't wait for any of the new things that may be coming, i just wish i could go to WDW in florida to go to animal kingdom to see what you all are talking about. But i still have disneyland, and matterhorn is good enough for me, but after seeing the pictures of Everest expedition, it looks cool and i can't wait to go see it!!:wave2:

jentink
11-02-2005, 07:16 AM
he came into the room i was in tonight too, in Somerkiwi's red submarine room. we were all chanting everest to get him to do the magic carpet :) it was the first time i'd seen it with my own eyes - can't believe you can go all around the room in it too - that was so cool :)

Haydenfan
11-02-2005, 07:23 AM
magic carpet magic ,won in new game! i think i am giong to faint on how cool this news is ! though i will have to work on my vmk game skills ;)

prisoner
11-02-2005, 10:23 AM
Did anyone ask him if the bugs in Magic Carpet have been worked out? (Most notably that everyone in the room slows down when it is on?)

Has anyone figured out if you can Magic Carpet over obstacles?

Yes, folks, you can tell Haloween is over - all anyone cares about are the new stuff that will be coming "soon". Yeah, it all sounds cool (and don't get me wrong, it does!) - but how long will we care about it?

SweepHunter
11-02-2005, 11:07 AM
I have been searching the internet on this.

Max Height of Track: 120 ft
Max Drop: 80ft
Max Speed: 50mph
Trains will travel in both forward and backward directions

It is a non-looping roller coaster. 44" height requirement.

You board an old mine car and head to the foot of the Himilayas.
The new attraction will be located between Asia and Dinoland’s Tarzan Rocks, in the undeveloped area along the banks of Discovery River.

The ride will be in Asia which is home of the Kali River Rapids ride.

So we have Kali River rides and the new ride which tie in. Remember that Disney was into advertising at the park such as the rides way back in the 1960's.

CoolmanJosh
11-02-2005, 11:40 AM
Well think about this. When Space Mountain opened again we had a huge event remember this. Well in April or sometime next year when EE (Expedition Everest) opens it will probably have a big event with new furishments and such. Just a theory.

CoolmanJosh
11-02-2005, 11:47 AM
Well i am about to post my Theory on what is going on at VMK soon. Well most people should see Shiregirl discovery http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19431.

For this Expedition Everest who all but can think of this. Remember my topic of Kali River Rapids?
http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16714&highlight=Kali+River+Rapids

Well here is my thoery. Notice this is all in Animal Kingdom. EE (Expedition Everest) is in Aisa in AK (Animal Kingdom) and so is the Kali River Rapids boat. Which is giving me a theory of this. Remember anyone from the Space Mountain event when Space Mountain open. I have a feeling that when EE opens we will have a bigger event! With load of furnishments for are rooms, contests, ect. Maybe a Tiger suit? LOL But anyway i bet they will for the last 5 years disney been working on Expedition Everest and they will probably advertise this coaster. (Tell me i love roller coasters hehehe)

http://www.passporter.com/images/EverestSmall.jpg

Look at this amazing thing. Now you know my theory that we are going to get a big event when this opens with load of new things like we are just starting to see.

- Cool

NASAMan
11-02-2005, 11:54 AM
I never imagined VMK would be confined to just the 'Disneyland' style parks. It was the place to start, gathering themeing from around the world to build the initial game, but I consider all Disney parks as part of Walt's Magic Kingdom. Anywhere that you may find Disney Magic, even the Disney Stores at the mall, is a part of the Magic Kingdom. Just because my favorite park in Florida is actually named "Magic Kingdom" does not mean it is the only park game designers may draw on.

With that said, I would welcome an Expedition Everest themed game and room. The ride, as others have said, will be a wild roller coaster with two switchbacks - you will actually go backwards through part of the ride - and close encouters with the Yeti (I read where Michael Eisner had imagineers spend a lot of time on getting the right SMELL of the Yeti!) until you arrive safe back at base camp. The mountain (at Animal Kingdom) is amazing, and dwarfs the Matterhorn (which I just loved to look at when I last visited!) As you walk past it the shifting perspective gives the illusion of a much larger more distant peak. This is truly Disney magic at work!

SweepHunter
11-02-2005, 11:59 AM
Thanks NasaMan as that now ties the Yeti, Kali River Rapids ride and the new Everest ting. I doubt there will be Yeti costume but there might be an explorer outfit with leather and fur lined.

prisoner
11-02-2005, 12:25 PM
As you walk past it the shifting perspective gives the illusion of a much larger more distant peak. This is truly Disney magic at work!

I've heard the Imagineers speak about this and yes - that illusion is certainly by design. What people might not realize yet is that the "larger more distant peak" is Everest. :) So what is the mountain you'll be going into? You'll have to wait and see.
[/quote]

AshleyM
11-02-2005, 12:39 PM
I just talked to nico in the last couple of minutes at Star's Magical Wish Fountain before closing time and he said that you will win the beloved Flying Carpet Magic Spell by winning a new game, as shiregirl explained, Everest! If you saved lots of credits for this pin, well save it for something else because you will not buy this pin! Get ready because " Everest is Coming!" Nico said to say this to everyone! When you win it, call it an Everest rug as nico said! I sure can't wait for this new game. I wasn't at all expecting it! It will probably open next year or December, I'm not sure but for sure its not this month.

Sorry if this has been posted before.

-KookyQuack

Weird. Alyuel said you can buy it around Christmas time.

F0REVERL0ST
11-02-2005, 12:52 PM
Weird. Alyuel said you can buy it around Christmas time.

That's what I heard also. Who's right?

daisypaws
11-02-2005, 12:55 PM
if your theory is correct we probably will not see any changes for a while as the current rumor is that Expedition Everest will have an oficial opening on April 22. This date is the eighth birthday for Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park.

greenhpper
11-02-2005, 01:11 PM
That's what I heard also. Who's right?

Maybe both. Consider this, the space suit was for sale at first and now it is a prize. Perhaps the same will happen to magic carpet. :D

Marmaduke
11-02-2005, 01:14 PM
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have To tell All My VMK Friends!! OOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMmGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!

alakazam
11-02-2005, 02:28 PM
wow cool I like that can you be my friend I am nice

ChrisR
11-02-2005, 02:33 PM
lets see what all the games we will have

pirates
jungle cruise
fireworks
street party
blast in space
airlock escape
hyperspace mountain
big thunder mountain
the haunted mansion: Ghost chasers
autopia speedway (not 100% confirmed, but yavn said it)
and now, evrest.

Sr.Penguin
11-02-2005, 02:44 PM
big thunder mountain ride? never heard of it. Well i have been thinking about this and you know how airlock and blast in space opened on wednesday and thursday...........maybe hyperspace opens today!! and you know expedtion everest nico said SOON well maybe it is today but i hardly doubt it just a thought

LadyVader
11-02-2005, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=shiregirl]So, I had a rather strange encounter tonight. :)

Nico, who is on yavn's staff, came and found me in one of my guest rooms tonight.

:mickey2: Hey Shire your reply was as good as mine would have been at such news, I would have been more like "OMG OMG that is so awesome! faint faint and I throw myself at your feet for a sneak preview! " Thanks for sharing the news. Wish you could all see Everest. Horizons and I have been sending pictures to Mouse Times, no picture can do it justice. The Yeti is going to rule the Animal Kingdom by Spring of 2006!
:wave2:

SplashtheAlien
11-02-2005, 03:19 PM
Wow! A yeti costume, was just talking with nico and he said maybe a yeti costume, wow!
He probably got this idea from me
i created a yeti costume with stuff and won the costume contest and the person judgeing probably said to him that it was a good idea
could i get some recignition or a prize or something for my work:CastMem:

Miss.Adventure
11-02-2005, 05:19 PM

He said Expedition Everest from Animal Kingdom is coming soon to VMK, and that I should tell everybody. And then he left before I could ask when...

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3171/everest4oa.th.jpg (http://img27.imageshack.us/my.php?image=everest4oa.jpg)

That is awesome!

futureimagineer1117
11-02-2005, 06:17 PM
I've never heard of Expedition Everest before. So is it like a copy of Matterhorn with a different name slapped onto it?

Not sure if someone posted this already....

Expidition Everest is a ride that's currently under construction at Disney's Animal Kingdom Resort. It's a turbulent, high speed, roller coaster-type ride that includes sudden drops, sharp turns, and stops. (I copied that from signs!) Throughout the whole ride down Mt. Everest, Bigfoot is chasing you.

Horizons
11-02-2005, 06:23 PM
Very neat news. I bet It's going to be like the Tomorrowland arcade game wise. But, why would flying carpet be given by this kind of game? Flying carpet has nothing to do with the story of the Everest or the Legend of the Forbidden Mountain. (Be sure to visit my preview room "Expedition Everest Central" on vmk for more info about the ride)

Sun in your eyes
wind in your hair
snow in your boots
frost bite on your face
chill in your bones
low oxygen in your lungs
Yeti on your tail!
Welcome to the elements....

Poseidon
11-02-2005, 07:57 PM
It took me a little while to get my heart beat back going, but it's pulsing again!

OMG. This is so great. Maybe we'll get it around january, as a hyping up so people will go to AK. This is great. Definately a sign of VMK-WDW starting to happen. :)

Annientink
11-02-2005, 08:06 PM
This sounds like fun! I can't wait until it comes up ;)

SweepHunter
11-02-2005, 08:06 PM
The project is a secret that some dolt let slip out.
It is scheduled for spring 2006. They are trying to get it open by Christmas 2005 and probably with do the same as Bug Land and have preview days.

The flying carpets and magic carpet have nothing to do with the ride that I know of but may tie into the area somehow such as Agrabah. Also Tarzan Rocks is supposed to be leaving and what will replace it? That could be the tie in.

Animal Kingdom has lands that are not connected like the other parks and if they were to make a bridge in to he Tarzan Rocks area then they would have better traffic flow. If there was two lands connected then there could be a tie in to another area. Is there any movies coming out with Aladdin in it?

For more information please go online and search "expedition everest" "Animal kingdom".

Poseidon
11-02-2005, 08:21 PM
SweepHunter, a Nemo Show is replacing "Tarzan Rocks!". Maybe it could tie in, we don't know.

alice
11-02-2005, 08:42 PM
But, why would flying carpet be given by this kind of game? Flying carpet has nothing to do with the story of the Everest or the Legend of the Forbidden Mountain.My question exactly. It's almost as if they changed track completely with magic carpet, decided to give it out as a game prize, and just tacked it on to Expedition Everest with a new name; the "Everest rug"! Ten to one this was not the original name of this magic pin.

Marmaduke
11-02-2005, 09:25 PM
I think It would be like maybe in Spring or u never know thanksgiving. or Maybe A VMK Christ mas prestent!!

Skaterooni
11-02-2005, 09:27 PM
I bet it will open on vmk when the ride actully opens, sometime next year.

figmentisback
11-02-2005, 09:32 PM
The project is a secret that some dolt let slip out.
It is scheduled for spring 2006. They are trying to get it open by Christmas 2005 and probably with do the same as Bug Land and have preview days.

The flying carpets and magic carpet have nothing to do with the ride that I know of but may tie into the area somehow such as Agrabah. Also Tarzan Rocks is supposed to be leaving and what will replace it? That could be the tie in.

Animal Kingdom has lands that are not connected like the other parks and if they were to make a bridge in to he Tarzan Rocks area then they would have better traffic flow. If there was two lands connected then there could be a tie in to another area. Is there any movies coming out with Aladdin in it?

For more information please go online and search "expedition everest" "Animal kingdom".

since when has everest been a secret... many people knew about it like 3 years ago... when some pre prep work was going on.... and the bridge from Dino land to Asia was built last year.... Asia is easily accessable now... and it is designed like other paks with a hub and different lands around the hub...

I wonder what they have planned? A tie in starting next year??

NASAMan
11-02-2005, 09:33 PM

Well, Everest resides on the border of Tibet and Mongolia, which is north of India, which is just east of the Arabian peninsula, so, see? All in Asia! Magic Carpet fits! (LOL!)

Tarzan is leaving, true. The theater will be enclosed and air conditioned (like the Lion King theater has, for those of you who have visited) and rumor has it Nemo and his friends may enjoy the new digs (how that is themed to the Dinoland area beats me, especially since the Living Seas at Epcot is already become Nemoland)

Animal Kingdom has lands that are not connected like the other parks and if they were to make a bridge in to the Tarzan Rocks area then they would have better traffic flow. If there was two lands connected then there could be a tie in to another area. Is there any movies coming out with Aladdin in it?

Actually, there is a bridge that goes from the tarzan theater directly to Expedition Everest (Now three bridges cross the river to the Africa/Asia area). The view of Everest from the theater area is awesome!

In VMK, always expect the unexpected!

Poseidon
11-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Yeah, everest has been known, and publicly announced (First as Beastly Kingdom) for a while now.

AshleyM
11-02-2005, 09:38 PM

That's cool. Thank you for posting.

RikuBlade
11-02-2005, 09:42 PM
Sounds exciting I can't wait for everest

Oranges
11-02-2005, 09:58 PM

Basically, Expedition: EVEREST is a bigger version of the Matterhorn. It's a little bit over 200 ft. It features a 80 ft backwards drop, tight turns, and high drops/dips.

Personally, I don't really have a problem with them collecting other things from different Disney parks, as it will add to the number of players that will play it. Before new stuff was added into the game, VMK got pretty boring after a while. Even though it is called VMK, it doesn't necessarily have to limit itself to ONLY things in the Magic Kingdom.

-Florida Oranges

PS-If I understand things correctly, the Everest Rug is the Flying Carpet? See that makes no sense to me if that's what it is.

figmentisback
11-02-2005, 10:05 PM
Everest is 199 FT... due to a show building they would have to put a flashing becan on a 200 foot building...

hence why TOT at WDW is 199 feet as well...

Xiris
11-02-2005, 10:08 PM

There is proff already that there will be a Animal Kingdom, Epcot, etc. So this Expedition Everest Will show up sometime next year when they realease Virtual Animal Kingdom. Alyuel said it her self, more virtual parks coming at begin of next year.

Poseidon
11-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Everest is 199 FT... due to a show building they would have to put a flashing becan on a 200 foot building...

In other words, a Flashing Red Light, which would make E:E look, er, not so great.

Oranges
11-02-2005, 10:15 PM

I found this article clipping from WDWImagine:

The final design was a 6-foot tall model that was scanned into a computer using laser technology. The computer files were then used to create and bend the steel in the 204-foot tall structure. The ride itself does not top the very peak of the mountain, but only about 185 ft of it. This structure will be the tallest in Walt Disney World.

Even if it is 199, that's still extremely tall.

Standing from the base of ToT, it does not appear to be that tall. Riding Kali River Rapids and looking at EE from the top, it looks enormous and appears to be much bigger than ToT. Maybe this is just a structure illusion.

I guess no one knows for sure exactly how tall it is, but we do know it rounds off to 200.

There is proff already that there will be a Animal Kingdom, Epcot, etc. So this Expedition Everest Will show up sometime next year when they realease Virtual Animal Kingdom. Alyuel said it her self, more virtual parks coming at begin of next year.

Does this mean we will have to log onto different websites to view these other parks or will there be little "portals" you can go through on VMK to get there?

SweepHunter
11-02-2005, 10:19 PM
Pixie Dust

I was joking earlier about the secret. Joke.
It has been over 7 years since I was there.

Poseidon
11-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Hmm...Kali River Rapids Chair, Everest Coming...Is there going to be a AK quest soon? It's always possible.

TreeDragon
11-02-2005, 10:32 PM
Hmm...Kali River Rapids Chair, Everest Coming...Is there going to be a AK quest soon? It's always possible.

During the tour I took at WDW (First week of october) the tour guide mentioned a new quest she called the "adventurers" quest which would include a few of the WDW thrill rides (like Everest, Rapids, Rockin' Roller, etc)... (i know, tour guides have occasionally led us astray.. but it is starting to match up, so I'm hopeful)

Oranges
11-02-2005, 10:50 PM
During the tour I took at WDW (First week of october) the tour guide mentioned a new quest she called the "adventurers" quest which would include a few of the WDW thrill rides (like Everest, Rapids, Rockin' Roller, etc)... (i know, tour guides have occasionally led us astray.. but it is starting to match up, so I'm hopeful)

Tour guides hardly know anything about the game aside from the quest they are taking you on, but that quest does sound fun.

But keep in mind VMK would want to appeal to all audiences, and by creating a quest with a thrilling nature, the younger players may choose to bypass the big rides, elimanating their ability to accomplish the quest.

In shorter words, the larger rides might be too big for the smaller guests, so they might not be able to do that sort of quest.

It's always a possibility though....

Besides I'd hardly consider Kali a thrill ride. All the waterfalls/fountains got turned off since it first came out, so it is more boring than before. The best part is the shallow waterfall plunge..whoop-dee-doo..lol ;)

-Florida Oranges

Goldhunt
11-02-2005, 11:01 PM
My thought is other virtual parks!! :) :)

Poseidon
11-02-2005, 11:20 PM

Add Test Track into that list, and I'll be praising VMK if that happens. :)

CAREBELCAREBEL
11-02-2005, 11:25 PM
wow thats awesome ;)

PirateMario
11-02-2005, 11:31 PM
hey can some one PM me the link to the Everest Expidition page? I really wanna know how it looks like!

Poseidon
11-03-2005, 12:00 AM
Here are some pics. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/osgood35nyi/EE.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/osgood35nyi/EETesting.gif

Sorry for the enormity of the pics. Those white things you see are sand bags, approximately ranging between 90 and 300 pounds. They are simulating what kind of strain the track, and/or train can actually take, and then they can set a specific weight limit.

PirateMario
11-03-2005, 12:05 AM

Sorry for the enormity of the pics. Those white things you see are sand bags, approximately ranging between 90 and 300 pounds. They are simulating what kind of strain the track, and/or train can actually take, and then they can set a specific weight limit.
OH GEEZ THAT LOOKS AWESOME!!!That would smake the Matterhorn anyday!

SleepyPiglet
11-03-2005, 01:36 AM
Woot can't wait. Wow Expedition Everest really changed since the last time I was there.

PoloGuy
11-03-2005, 03:14 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/osgood35nyi/EETesting.gif

Very nice, indeed. I do remember the construction of that site about two years when it was just a big pile of rubbish. Looks very nice !!!.

LittleJoe
11-03-2005, 03:16 AM
Wow, i can't wait for it to open:)

CoolmanJosh
11-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Well i am about to post my Theory on what is going on at VMK soon. Well most people should see Shiregirl discovery http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19431.

For this Expedition Everest who all but can think of this. Remember my topic of Kali River Rapids?
http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16714&highlight=Kali+River+Rapids

Well here is my thoery. Notice this is all in Animal Kingdom. EE (Expedition Everest) is in Aisa in AK (Animal Kingdom) and so is the Kali River Rapids boat. Which is giving me a theory of this. Remember anyone from the Space Mountain event when Space Mountain open. I have a feeling that when EE opens we will have a bigger event! With load of furnishments for are rooms, contests, ect. Maybe a Tiger suit? LOL But anyway i bet they will for the last 5 years disney been working on Expedition Everest and they will probably advertise this coaster. (Tell me i love roller coasters hehehe)

http://www.passporter.com/images/EverestSmall.jpg

Look at this amazing thing. Now you know my theory that we are going to get a big event when this opens with load of new things like we are just starting to see.

- Cool

Oranges
11-03-2005, 12:35 PM
I was just in Animal Kingdom over the weekend and they had one of the Yetis on display right before you were to enter Asia. He's a good seven to eight feet tall and he's really hairy...lol..

Note-He does look a little bit on the vicious side, and EE takes place in some darker portions. Children might find it frightening just a bit.

It looks great now that all the scaffolding is down..

Qui-gon
11-03-2005, 06:00 PM
When I went to Animal Kingdom I saw them building the Mountain and the track. They had the place blocked off but you could still see it. And there was a sign saying "Coming Soon!" But I didn't hear anything about it coming to VMK. But now I know :)

But it looks cool and I love roller coasters!

TowerFreak99
11-03-2005, 06:14 PM
Well I hope all this is true that would be so awesome to have it the game Vmk

Poseidon
11-03-2005, 07:56 PM
I was just in Animal Kingdom over the weekend and they had one of the Yetis on display right before you were to enter Asia. He's a good seven to eight feet tall and he's really hairy...lol..

Note-He does look a little bit on the vicious side, and EE takes place in some darker portions. Children might find it frightening just a bit.

I'd think he'd be a bit more scary looking, as it's a more vicious coaster then the Matterhorn. It does look great without the scaffolding, and you can actually see how tall the building is now. It's really incredible.

DivaFigaro
11-03-2005, 08:04 PM
so a big mountain like matterhorn !great idea testers ( shout out)

NASAMan
11-04-2005, 11:58 AM

Man, I was therelast week but missed the Yeti! Of course, this was before the took down some of the construction wall, and my honey and I were riding with Rafiki in the Jamin'Jungle Parade! So the the big question is: Did ya think of taking a picture? If yes, please post!

Oranges
11-04-2005, 12:45 PM
No, I didn't have a camera, and there were a lot of people standing around it so all I would have gotten was someone's head anyway. lol....

It looks very much like the one in the Matterhorn, which looks like the one below...

-Florida Oranges

Middiebear
11-04-2005, 03:11 PM
That Yeti inside the matterhorn looks corny...

It doesn't look like it could scare anyone above the age of 2...

Lets hope in Expedition Everest, he's put in a dark place, where you can't really get a good look at him... rather it be like on Dinosaur... where he just screams in your face...

A Yeti that is heard not seen... better than a corny Yeti...

mickeymouse2818
11-04-2005, 03:36 PM
you know, that if they are opening the new everest ride in vmk that they were already giving us hints of opening new virtual parks. has anyone seen the vmk esplande and how you can see some of the major attractions in other parks. maybe they will make that area into some connection portal to the other parks. we have already pretty much conformed that vmk will be opening other virtual parks with the everest ride, and the river rapids boat/ chair. now we just have to figure out when.

zelphda112
11-04-2005, 03:49 PM
hmmmmmm I wonder what that means.

Horizons
11-04-2005, 04:18 PM
Hey everyone! Last night I was at Animal Kingdom and got to see the trains running! They looked awesome! Here's a link to the picture I took of them! (Mods- please allow this link because It's just a picture I took and alot of people here want to see the trains in action)
http://www.***************/pictorials/displayimage.php?album=19&pos=3
So I wonder, will they have an Everest train teleporter like the BTMR one? That would rock. And for people wondering about our Yeti, He will be huge! I mean, really, really, huge! and very fast! But I've already said too much ;)
Welcome to the elements......
Expedition Everest....Opening in Spring 2006...only at Disney's Animal Kingdom....

GreatGatsby
11-04-2005, 06:11 PM
When we were at Animal Kingdom a couple of weeks ago, they were testing it then, too.

At the time I noticed it seems like another pretty short ride, which is too bad. I was hoping Disney had gone back to making longer, more involving attractions.

Horizons
11-04-2005, 06:21 PM
When we were at Animal Kingdom a couple of weeks ago, they were testing it then, too.

At the time I noticed it seems like another pretty short ride, which is too bad. I was hoping Disney had gone back to making longer, more involving attractions.
Ya, me too. I've heard the ride time for Everest is a little over 3 minutes.

Poseidon
11-04-2005, 08:30 PM
Ya, me too. I've heard the ride time for Everest is a little over 3 minutes.

That's still quite long, seeing as the longest track ride is Test Track, which is about 5:14.

Oranges
11-04-2005, 10:51 PM
I wish Rock 'n' Roller Coaster was about six times as long lol.....

As for the Yeti in the Matterhorn, it could easily scare a child. Even a teenager could be frightened waking up in the middle of the night and see that standing by their bedside.

Middiebear
11-04-2005, 10:54 PM
A child sure... My brother who's 6 can't even go on Peter Pan's Flight in Magic Kingdom, cause he's too scared...

As a teenager... My mind has finally been able to separate fantasy from reality...

A "Yeti" would just not scare 17 year old like me...

Oranges
11-04-2005, 11:07 PM
Children yes, teenagers not as much...

But even a teenager might not want to confront one alone in a dark room.....real or fantasy

Poseidon
11-04-2005, 11:13 PM
One of the reasons Alien Encounter was taken out, also, was even 15 year olds coming out freaked. I went on when I was 11, and loved it. It's a shame they replaced it for stitch, I loved AE 10 times more, and though Stitch was way more mild.

Tibby
11-04-2005, 11:23 PM
yeah i went on stitch this summer and it was pretty bad... smelled bad and hurt my shoulders

Middiebear
11-04-2005, 11:27 PM
Yea... Alien Encounter at Magic Kingdom was scary... I went on it when I was 13... It was done well because of the sound and physical effects...

But when comparing that to the photo of the Yeti on the Matterhorn... it's laughable... I could just imagine my sister and I looking at it... and thinking at how corny it looks...

I'm just hoping that the Yeti on Everest is 10X scarier than his counterpart...

GreatGatsby
11-04-2005, 11:33 PM
One of the reasons Alien Encounter was taken out, also, was even 15 year olds coming out freaked. I went on when I was 11, and loved it. It's a shame they replaced it for stitch, I loved AE 10 times more, and though Stitch was way more mild.I think the main reason they took out ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter is really because the Disney executives have decided the only reason people go to the parks is to see cartoon characters, so they "needed" to put Stitch in something. An unfortunate trend Walt would not have approved of.

Had the scariness of the original been a real issue, they would have closed it down much earlier.

Oranges
11-05-2005, 12:35 AM
There was a rumor that Alien Encounter would return, but I haven't seen anything in Tomorrowland to verify it...

That was so scary...I went on it when I was like 9, and I swore I would never ride it again..but now that I'm older I'd like to take another shot, but I guess it is most scary when you don't know what to expect..

I screamed and screamed and screamed when it all went dark and he breathed on your neck and it was hot breath and stuff....*shudders*

For those of you that haven't ridden it but want to know what the alien looked like, ride the Great Movie Ride at MGM or go watch ALIEN (note: scary movie...parental discretion...)

And even though it was scary, it was directed towards ADULTS, to give them the thrill that was so encessantly demanded.

Sdude
11-05-2005, 12:39 AM
the alien encounter is gone at WDW where i live they put Stitch's great escape but Stitch's great escape is way cooler cause stitch like spits on u and licks u its so fun

Poseidon
11-05-2005, 12:41 AM
I think the main reason they took out ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter is really because the Disney executives have decided the only reason people go to the parks is to see cartoon characters, so they "needed" to put Stitch in something. An unfortunate trend Walt would not have approved of.

Had the scariness of the original been a real issue, they would have closed it down much earlier.

I personally think that WDW, and WDI for the parks are going Stitch-mad. They have him on the monorail, in the bathrooms, In some hotels, on the busses...It's enough. E:E is being hyped up enormously, and still, all it gets in WDW is a banner for the 50th Celebration event.

Middiebear
11-05-2005, 01:10 AM
Stitch was Disney's last official success in the animation business...

They need to exploit that...

todaw789
11-05-2005, 01:36 AM
Hey everyone! Last night I was at Animal Kingdom and got to see the trains running! They looked awesome! Here's a link to the picture I took of them! (Mods- please allow this link because It's just a picture I took and alot of people here want to see the trains in action)
http://www.***************/pictorials/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=1
So I wonder, will they have an Everest train teleporter like the BTMR one? That would rock. And for people wondering about our Yeti, He will be huge! I mean, really, really, huge! and very fast! But I've already said too much ;)
Welcome to the elements......
Expedition Everest....Opening in Spring 2006...only at Disney's Animal Kingdom....
I clicked on your link and all I got was pictures of disneyland and could not find the pic of EE. Any help on that?

Horizons
11-05-2005, 01:58 AM
Ok, first of all please don't talk about stitch everyone. I liked it and i'm very very tired of everyone bashing it. I can get why people don't like it, But I'm just so tired of talking about it. As for the Yeti (a.k.a. the Legend of the Forbidden Mountain) This thing will scare you. Not in a "he's evil" kind of scary, but a "This is his domain, and we are invading it" scary. In the reigon of Mt. Everest, the locals think of the Yeti as a guardian of the mountains, protecting their land. The real story is that the Trains are Steam donkeys that once transported workers to Tea plantations high in the mountains, but have long gone out of operation due to strange track damage. But, now they've reopened to help climbers lop off a couple of thousand feet off of their climb to the top of Mt. Everest. Before you get excited about riding these trains up to the base camp on Mt. Everest, the Village asks you to respect their traditions, and keep on the look out for the Legend of the Forbidden mountain.:mickey2:

Edit: Fixed the picture. Enjoy!

Oranges
11-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Ok, first of all please don't talk about stitch everyone. I liked it and i'm very very tired of everyone bashing it.

People can share their opinions, and by telling them they can't, thats bashing their opinions...I digress...

Very nice synopsis Horizons....just to add:

In 2006, as part of the Happiest Celebration On Earth, Walt Disney World gets its own abominable snowman. In this high-speed adventure, you'll rush past raging waterfalls, icy glaciers, and through the thick of bamboo forests, all prefatory to an unforgettable encounter with that of the hairy kind, the legendary Yeti. But just as you reach the summit, the track ends in a mangled mess and find yourself twisting and turning an dropping all off the face of Mount Everest.

The Great Funstitch
11-05-2005, 01:29 PM
I personally think that WDW, and WDI for the parks are going Stitch-mad. They have him on the monorail, in the bathrooms, In some hotels, on the busses...It's enough. E:E is being hyped up enormously, and still, all it gets in WDW is a banner for the 50th Celebration event.
I dont think WDW has gone '' stitch mad '' for me this is my dream come true just my opinion.

GoldenHeart
11-05-2005, 01:30 PM

cool! not that i know wat it is or anything lol

Poseidon
11-05-2005, 03:19 PM
I dont think WDW has gone '' stitch mad '' for me this is my dream come true just my opinion.

I love stitch, personally, and loved the movies. But, it's like everywhere you go, you see him. I'm sure it's just hyping up though, so it doesn't bother me. Did WDW go Nemo crazy? Perhaps. He's going to be taking the place of Tarzan Rocks, The Living Seas is turning into pretty much "Nemo Land", etc.

I guess it's just all hyping up for it.

Oranges
11-05-2005, 05:34 PM
They are linking DinoLand USA and Asia together in the place where Tarzan Rocks! once stood. It leads directly into the Himalayan village.

warner
11-06-2005, 12:38 AM
Cool!! But I just got back from WDW and u could see them building it. :)

The Great Funstitch
11-06-2005, 01:12 AM
I love stitch, personally, and loved the movies. But, it's like everywhere you go, you see him. I'm sure it's just hyping up though, so it doesn't bother me. Did WDW go Nemo crazy? Perhaps. He's going to be taking the place of Tarzan Rocks, The Living Seas is turning into pretty much "Nemo Land", etc.

I guess it's just all hyping up for it.
It turns out that animal kingdom may have Narnia The Lion Witch And The Wardrobe show replacing tarzan's rocks instead of Finding Nemo.

lemonysnicket3
11-06-2005, 03:47 PM
yeah i LOVE Lion Witch And Wardrobe!!! OMG!!

wdwlover
11-06-2005, 04:35 PM
i can't wait yay although i'm a scaredy cat really i haven't even been on the haunted mansion yet

and that yeti in the matterhorn freaks me out so a camouflaged yeti (he's not going to be white but a type of rocky color i guess) hiding behind some rocks which you don't notice until it comes out and scares you completly i do not want to see

Poseidon
11-06-2005, 05:08 PM
It turns out that animal kingdom may have Narnia The Lion Witch And The Wardrobe show replacing tarzan's rocks instead of Finding Nemo.

I don't think that's going to happen, especially since there's already a TLW&W movie set going up in MGM (If it's not up already).

Azure
11-06-2005, 05:09 PM
Right now I am reading the chronicles of narnia! I hope they do come out with everst thing.

JeannieV
11-07-2005, 12:50 PM
http://disneyeverest.com/missionhimalayas/ Here is a website for you who do not know what Everest is. Still new though, seems to not be much yet.

This should be somewhat what the VMK version is based off of!

i was in the room shouting for Everest with Yavn! What power he has on the masses.

(Mods, i hope that the website is ok. It is Disney and will help answer many questions at least about the ride)

bboystance
11-08-2005, 07:21 PM
I think it will be coming out the same time the actual Everest Ride is due out. When my best friend went to Florida, they were building the ride and the grand opening is Spring 2006.

The Great Funstitch
11-13-2005, 11:51 AM
I don't think that's going to happen, especially since there's already a TLW&W movie set going up in MGM (If it's not up already).
Well you never know let's wait and see.:)

The Great Funstitch
12-10-2005, 08:05 PM
This Information was found on another site.

VMK soon will welcome the opening of Expedition Everest at Disney's Animal Kingdom with yet another mini-game, where players can be the Yeti and protects the sacred mountain. As players finish each chapter of the game, they will collect secret codes redeemable in the VMK world for Everest-style items.

- Funstitch:xmas22:

(sorry for that double post )

skip
12-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Uh, what is this other site? Seems a bit unreliable, no offense.

-skippyskippy

The Great Funstitch
12-10-2005, 08:17 PM
I don't think im allowed to post the name of the site isn't it advertising? And this is not unreliable news.

- Funstitch:xmas10:

daisypaws
12-10-2005, 08:23 PM
This has been confirmed by cast members at VMK in Disney. Does this mean it is true? I guess we will find out

Bilbo
12-10-2005, 08:24 PM
Well, it sounds interesting. I sounds like fun! Hope it's reliable! Thanks for the info.

:wave2:Bilbo:wave2:

DarkKnightCecil
12-10-2005, 08:29 PM
sounds fun. Wonder if there will be a big prize (like Invisibility on Pirates)

barfownz
12-10-2005, 08:35 PM
That sounds fun! i can not wait!

Chip
12-10-2005, 08:45 PM
It reminds me of...

Frontierland!

Cakee
12-10-2005, 10:35 PM
wow, nice!:D
Thanks for the info, Funstitch!

Off Topic: i liked your ''Stitch's Great Escape'' Hehe:D I saw all the shows on a day rofl

~Cake

SmileGirl
12-10-2005, 10:40 PM
Wow (Too Short)

thegoof
12-10-2005, 10:42 PM
Can you PM me the source, the Disney community has alot of folks who know very little but claim to know lots.

P.S. We have heard that Everrest will be in VMK through Shiregirl and a surprise encounter, I just want to see if this plaace has all the facts straight.

PixelProphet
12-11-2005, 12:46 AM
i know Nico the tester is telling some people about it, but i have not heard these specifics.

StitchMad
12-11-2005, 08:10 AM
ty for the info Stitch!

StitchMad

DanielJ80
12-11-2005, 11:37 AM
hmmm interesting news about a game being tied into everest but shame it might not be available till april :(

SoarinSoarin
12-13-2005, 01:21 AM
Well, I was just running around checking out Frontierland today when I noticed who was doing a little "behing the scenes" work! We thought that they only did this sneaky stuff at night, without us knowing, but SoarinSoarin got alyuel Red-Handed!

She seemed to be in Expedition Everest, a room, but it was closed to players! (as you can see with the dulled "Enter Room" button) I wanted to visit, seeing if there was just a bug in the button but NO! no bug at all! It was for sure, a secret, during hours project!

When I visited her room after all of this, me and a few of her friedns that noticed were there asking about it. We asked, "Were you really in E:E?" and "When will E:E come out?" and "Can we see a picture of E:E?" Funny replies we got though, she refused of admitting the she was really in the room, closed to players, and testing the ride/game/whatever there will be there! She covered her story by saying, "I was in this room all the time! I just closed it and changed the title back." I knew that this was clearly false, as I could see the "Not in any room" location pop-up where Expedition Everest once was! Obviously a non-friend of alyuel's would find her story to be true, but a few of her friends caught her red-handed!

Here is my picture:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/SoarinSoarin/alyuelinExpeditionEverest.jpg

Just some "Up-Close" investigating from SoarinSoarin~ :reporter:

SS~ :reporter:

PS: Mods, if this is a bad thread, with any stalking content, please delete the thread immediatley! Thank you!

Falseland
12-13-2005, 01:29 AM
wow!! come visit me right now i dont have long plz Search TrueTrue thats me in guest rooms with alyuel if she is on plz i have some questions for her

figmentisback
12-13-2005, 01:32 AM
never question them... or else they might remove you so you wont snoop.. lol

but we all knew their was a chance something was up...

(I would look for it in a few months.. at least by april...)

that is if this wasn't just a figment of your computer's imagination.. unlike myself... lol

Falseland
12-13-2005, 01:32 AM
and expedition everest is the name of her room silly LOL

Greenway
12-13-2005, 03:53 AM
Or she may be helping HOST_? build their river ride for this weekends event in a "Friends Only" room. This may be another reason that testers were clearing out their friends list so they can help with secret projects without the fear of screenies being posted on message boards.

barfownz
12-13-2005, 04:01 AM
LOL, nice find :)

SoarinSoarin
12-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Greenway, it couldn't be! If she was in a HOST_'s Event Room, it would be named "River Ride" as shown in the Event explination! So, unless they just wanted to call the River Ride room "Expedition Everest" something here is fishy!

SS~

Poseidon
12-13-2005, 05:58 PM
It could have been her room, and friends only. But, I know that you are probably her friend, as you get the tester reports. So, that would lead me to think that it's a new area, and it's got the specs of the inside of the BTM maze, where if a friend is in the Mine, or Injun Joe's Cave, you can not teleport to them.

SleepyPiglet
12-13-2005, 06:06 PM
Nice work SoarinSoarin! I can't wait! ;)

darksorcerer
12-13-2005, 09:51 PM
dude that's awesome shiregirl thanks for the info :xmas10: