View Full Version : VMK Dictionary Dancers come help others dance legally.

SweepHunter
10-24-2005, 03:26 AM
11-17-2005 NOTE THAT THIS IS AN OLD THREAD THAT HAS NEW LIFE. CHECK THE NEWER PAGES. I AM NOT EDITING THIS POST.

VMK is banning people for dancing around the VMK dictionary such as saying "I want tent chairs and tea red ropes.", ya who, pin kk, to chairs, and im per son nation.

I am asking everyone to come up with ways to dance around the dictionary without breaking the rules. Thank you to those who posted.

SUGGESTIONS
"A pair of chairs" instead of "two chairs".
Land line = telephone.
Baby Girl Color, Light red, rose color = pink.

Sit on, stand in front of, or move an item to indicate that item such as hampers (formerly am per), pink, cyan, and magenta.

I think if we work together we can come up with ways to express ourselves without breaking the rules.

For bride pin I say Dead Lady with heart pin.

Judah said:
When trading I will say "I will trade a few of these for a chair" Or more, less, few, many, first, last, some, pair, set, left, right, all. Last I checked these are all valid VMK words. Yes this is vague, but it all comes out in a trade window.

So, "I will trade a few quest pins, or a set of quest pins for a pair of Cactus chairs, or all cactus chairs" works

ElementSun
10-24-2005, 03:51 AM
for my friend poohdents name when i dont want to say it i say winnie.

LadyMaria
10-24-2005, 03:53 AM
Even the staff "Dance" around the ditionary!

AwesomeCute
10-24-2005, 04:03 AM
when i want to say pink i just say pin kk lol

SweepHunter
10-24-2005, 04:58 AM
Poppa Joe said "Do not do as I do but as I tell you."

Just because staff does it does not mean they will not ban you.

Again I am asking for legitimate ways in which we can say things without breaking the rules.

Love the Winnie nickname.

Pin kk is NOT ALLOWED. Thanks for the reminder JenTink.

Also adding that we got to be careful of accidently implying we work for VMK, cheat, or appear to be dancing around the dictionary.

jentink
10-24-2005, 05:05 AM
actually saying "pin kk" is technically the dancing around the dictionary that they are talking about. this is a great thread SweepHunter nice idea and great suggestions.

dancing around the dictionary is finding a way to actually say the word they don't want you to say. such as "pin kk" you still see the word pink in there. (though beats me what's wrong with the word pink, nevermind magenta and cyan but that's just me....) the way to within the rules tell someone you want a pink something is like sweep suggested, put something down that's pink or sit on a pink something and say "this color i'm sitting on".

i really ReAlLy REALLY hope they lax on the dictionary thing eventually, it's almost physically painful to try to communicate on vmk.

PrincessAnnO
10-24-2005, 05:18 AM
You know, I just had an experience to understand why the dictionary is important as bothersome as it is sometimes. Some people are just not nice. At least when you make people dance around, most people give up before starting. And, I do understand why numbers could be a problem==don't want giving address or telephone numbers. There are so many times when numbers are needed though. Great idea with the word 'pair'. This is one of those kinks that will eventually be worked out as VMK ages a bit...let's hope anyway...

grayman
10-24-2005, 05:19 AM
I alway say light purple when referring to pink.
I also don't understand why I can't say dungeon, hub, forecourt, or Espalande or whatever that is. It makes my game specifically very difficult to play at times.

Zebraa
10-24-2005, 05:26 AM
"Dancing" Around the dictionary is hard to stop because it's the only way to speak your mind; since it's not a list of words you CAN'T SAY, it's a list of words you CAN SAY lol

& Where did you hear it from?

SweepHunter
10-24-2005, 05:42 AM
Some people do not want to see ranting and raving idiots like me, lol.
Some people do not like to see spoilers and codes.

You have to join the rant group so that you can see the posts in rants.
They are working on a forum section for spoilers also I think but am not sure.
If you are not a member of the rant group then you cannot see what I saw.

Dungeon can be called the dragon's home or dragon's room.
Attic is called the Topmost Room.

I suggest when you are doing one of these charades you capitalize so people know it is not what it says. Putting an extra couple of spaces on each side might be a way to indicate that it is a substitute word.

Try main court for forecourt, central or center area for hub.

Brains let us read the dictionary and come up with answers.

GreenGirlRocks
10-24-2005, 04:10 PM
since it's not a list of words you CAN'T SAY, it's a list of words you CAN SAY lol This is Exactly what I have been thinking of. In my mind, the 'Dictionary' should be a list of prohibited words, and all the rest are fair game. This would eliminate the nonsense of having to 'suggest' words. Then if there is a word they don't want us to say, it goes on the no-no list. It's like they went about it the hard way, don't ya think? Ugh...

GGR

Marina
10-24-2005, 04:28 PM
Can ya find a way to say Yahoo? I said Ya who and it got me banned for a week!

Judah37
10-24-2005, 06:13 PM
When trading I will say "I will trade a few of these for a chair" Or more, less, few, many, first, last, some, pair, set, left, right, all. Last I checked these are all valid VMK words. Yes this is vague, but it all comes out in a trade window.

So, "I will trade a few quest pins, or a set of quest pins for a pair of Cactus chairs, or all cactus chairs" works

I will also place my avatar in a location to clarify things for trade. Like move to a row of items and say here to left.

grayman
11-17-2005, 07:39 AM
Dungeon can be called the dragon's home or dragon's room.
Attic is called the Topmost Room.

Try main court for forecourt, central or center area for hub.

Brains let us read the dictionary and come up with answers.

My point was not that I cannot think of ways to say these words, but that if they are the names of rooms in the game, I should be able to say them. What could be the possible reason for not being able to say Esplanade?

SweepHunter
11-17-2005, 09:57 AM
Some terms have naughty uses of which I am not going to go into.

I have never heard of a naughty foreign meaning of a word. Taco is often used to mean Mexican just as a person might say trailer trash. I have heard it used too many times in my life and it is a miracle I aint in jail or started pounding on someone. Pan in spanish means bread but othrewise I do not know why you cannot say pan.

Some words were never added or they mass deleted everything such as hunt, hunters, hunting, hunted, hunter's. Hunter is all that is left. There was not Esplanade so why put in the dictionary.

If you are having trouble with a word then ask and I will tell you what I know in a personal message and only to a certain extent. We got pink back and now can have a Cheerio because that is a British way of saying bye bye, i think. We need baby back and Esplanade. If you want a word in the dictionary find out why it is not in the dictionary. Staff will listen to you usually. Also you can use the contact button.

Everyone sorry but the dictionary was changed and I know pink is back.
Now we have more words gone because of abuse of those words and trust me I have seen them.

Maribeth
11-17-2005, 12:17 PM
Yes, I was very dissappointed. because of the "Ya Who" thing, THEY HAD TO TAKE AWAY THE WORD YA. I would would say Hi ya folks! Whenever I entered a room. A few days ago, I could say Hiya with no space, but now I can't. Group punishments stink! lol

Padme
11-17-2005, 01:10 PM
another for telephone is bell machine :)

WDWFutureGirl
11-17-2005, 02:12 PM
I WANT TO DANCE

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/IoansGirl/5_1_1161.gifhttp://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/IoansGirl/5_1_1161.gifhttp://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/IoansGirl/5_1_1161.gif

If Vmk Staff can Dance around mr. Dictionary then I can too

bopper
11-17-2005, 02:33 PM
When I want to say pink, now I just can say pink. :-)

SweepHunter
11-17-2005, 02:46 PM
I WANT TO DANCE
If Vmk Staff can Dance around mr. Dictionary then I can too
Somebody is cruising for a banning.

We must remember that VMK Staff and the players may dictionary dance all they want however it is a violation of VMK rules. We must treat VMK Staff like we do teachers, bosses, policemen and others who break rules.

A policeman goes over the speed limit while going to lunch is not giving you permission to go over the speed limit. A teacher who sneaks drinks in her car on campus breaks the rules but that does not allow you to do the same.

I am so tempted to rub in my excellent non-dancing dictionary use. Ok I rub it in sometimes. We got pink back because we told staff, we posted her and we used the contact link.

No tears over he loss of hunting, baby and private. Poor dudes do the army schtick.

Emakla
11-17-2005, 05:28 PM
I don't think people are being banned because they are dictionary dancing, it's more the context of how it is being used.

There is a reason why words are being blocked, if you had to do it, then I don't see why its not ok, like to trade.

I think kk was taken out, because there was more misuse of the word kk than by not being able to say pink. kk gives people the chance to say pin kk, or kk ill, or kk is, which is not in the vmk values.

I wouldn't say it's a group punishment, it's a work in progress, lol

Maribeth
11-17-2005, 09:42 PM
Yes I agree with you but the issue of group punishment is so much an issue in my life right now that..... yeah well anyways thanks for the great board!!

grayman
11-17-2005, 10:37 PM
Am I interpreting the newest newsletter correctly in that you will only get banned for dancing if you have an unapproved purpose? Like giving out personal information but not for trading or identifying players in a game?

SweepHunter
11-17-2005, 11:48 PM
1. You can get banned for dictionary dancing because it is against the rules. Currently the enforcement only has been for harrassment, threatening people and being nasty. If you get staff really mad they can ban you for dictionary dancing even if all you said was "Tea blue chairs". Please be nice to them over worked people who have great parties and make us happy. As long as we do not upset them then we will be fine. The baby, da da, and mummy stuff got out of hand so bye to da da. Vampire hunting got out of hand bye hunting.

2. Anyone who is help a guest with a legitimate need may dictionary dance as needed. Use the con act link on the VMK home page.

3. Staff have many types for jobs at VMK and some like VMK Babs and VMK Flamingo are more strict on rules while party dude VMK_Zev is not. My father said "Don't do as I do but do as I tell you." which meant that just because he drove fast did not mean I could.

4. VMK Staff are like other people in charge of us in that they have rules to inforce. At my high school the cholos (Mexican gang) and the surfer would fight and ditch school. It got so bad that my school has a fence in the front entrance now. People run a stop sign so much that the police sit there giving out tickets. The crack down on hunting and words in the dictionary was because people abused those words. It is easier usually to remove a word than ban people for wanting a baby.

5. Dictionary dancing is hard on people who have proper education, very little education, or do not read and write English well. People need to learn now as kids how to adapt to their situation instead of breaking the rules. It is more fun to get around rules than to break them. Use your brain and play the game the right way. Karo, Shorts and I are know for our avoidance of dictionary dancing.

6. It is wrong to tell others it is ok to dictionary dance or break the rules.

7. Start treating VMK like the real world. What would your boss do if you broke the rules all the time? What if at work you or you parents openly told people how to break the rules at work and that it was ok to break the rules. "Joe, next time you are going to be late call me and I will punch you in."

8. VMK Flamingo and Mocha have said they sometimes read this site. I have reason to believe that security agents from VMK and/or Disney are surfing the internet, auction sites and the parks for violators of the rules. They did that in the real world for pin trading and fake stuff.

I am going to my cereal color tent.

KeyBladeAlchemist
11-18-2005, 12:02 AM
Even the staff "Dance" around the ditionary!
if the staff dance around the dictionary then why did they even make the rule no numbers , cant say ya anymore, cant say da anymore, cant say pink (which i should remind u is crazy) and if we say things related to a number or things they dont allow then we get boot whats wrong with vmk these days

DCSMickeyMan
11-18-2005, 12:10 AM
7. Start treating VMK like the real world. What would your boss do if you broke the rules all the time? What if at work you or you parents openly told people how to break the rules at work and that it was ok to break the rules. "Joe, next time you are going to be late call me and I will punch you in."

The problem with this is that the VMK Staff are not the "boss" figures. We are not working for them, they technically cannot force us to do anything. Even if they replace every word in the dictionary, we will come up with a way to get around it. There's no stopping the BF/GF thing, as much as i would like to have it stopped. They may ban us, the problem with this is, we will just create new accounts and continue doing whatever it is we got banned for. I'm not saying that we should be doing anything harmful or that i personally do anything wrong, my friends can vouch for me for that. We casually dance around the dictionary when it serves our purposes. We do not use it to do anything harmful. so why are you trying to stop dictionary dancing? why say "main court" or " a few" when you can just say "for court" or "tea"?

of course, this is just my opinion, if you disagree, that's your decision, this is just my outlook on things ;)

-Doug

WDWFutureGirl
11-18-2005, 12:31 AM
Somebody is cruising for a banning.

...:( i am sorry i don't want to be banned it is just i seen VMK Staff dance around the dictionary *crys uncontroblay cause embarresd*

KeyBladeAlchemist
11-18-2005, 12:43 AM
IM SO MAD ABOUT THE WORD THING IM GOING TO GO TO CONTACT US AND PUT EVRY WORD THAT SHOULD BE ON VMK IN THE WORD DICTIONARY PART AND IF STAFF HAVE A PROBLEM WIT IT THEN THEY CAN JUST BAN PEOPLE WHO USE IT IN A NASTY AND RUDE WAY plus they making it difficult for us because if someone ask " hey RelicOfBlazinFire how many chairs u want" the only answer u can say is " i cant say how much" because u cant say numbers its real ANNOYING :mad: :mad: :mad: :banghead: :ouch: :mad8: :mad8: :h-frown: :h-mad: :h-mad:

SweepHunter
11-18-2005, 12:58 AM
...:( i am sorry i don't want to be banned it is just i seen VMK Staff dance around the dictionary *crys uncontroblay cause embarresd*

As a child up until I was 6 years old saw my daddy smoke. I saw my mom have a **** once month and they both can cuss up a storm. I seen people do lots of things like drinking, drugs, illegimate babies, stealing, driving like a maniac and cheating on tests. I am way not perfect and can say I tried drinking a couple of times but like yuck that stuff is so gross. I am a bad driver and am known for other flaws.

Our friends, parents, scout leader, pastor, nuns, teachers, bosses or waitress do wrong things but that does not mean we can do those wrong things also. I know it hurts at times that people get to do things we want to do but we must not risk getting caught while they keep doing the bad things and never get caught.

Thre is a Hymn that says "I fell like travelling on" and it asks how we are tempted and tormented while others go free to do everything wrong. In the end we will see that what we do will pay off in the end. We will have good moral values that in the end will make us better people.

WDWFutureGirl
11-18-2005, 01:12 AM
As a child up until I was 6 years old saw my daddy smoke. I saw my mom have a **** once month and they both can cuss up a storm. I seen people do lots of things like drinking, drugs, illegimate babies, stealing, driving like a maniac and cheating on tests. I am way not perfect and can say I tried drinking a couple of times but like yuck that stuff is so gross. I am a bad driver and am known for other flaws.

Our friends, parents, scout leader, pastor, nuns, teachers, bosses or waitress do wrong things but that does not mean we can do those wrong things also. I know it hurts at times that people get to do things we want to do but we must not risk getting caught while they keep doing the bad things and never get caught.

Thre is a Hymn that says "I fell like travelling on" and it asks how we are tempted and tormented while others go free to do everything wrong. In the end we will see that what we do will pay off in the end. We will have good moral values that in the end will make us better people.
Well that was very thought out :Embar:

KeyBladeAlchemist
11-18-2005, 01:21 AM
Well that was very thought out :Embar:
it was tremendously thought out

SweepHunter
11-18-2005, 01:36 AM
Thank you and yes I was not sleeping during the sermon, lol.

Be good or I will get out my light sabre grasshopper.

Appleson
11-18-2005, 01:42 AM
thx for the tips SweepHunter. also, i know this isn't "dancing" tip, but if someone asks you where you live, i sometimes say "in vmk of course". lol

KeyBladeAlchemist
11-18-2005, 01:42 AM
watch it!! your pointing that light saber too close to my head lol

SweepHunter
11-18-2005, 02:01 AM
watch it!! your pointing that light saber too close to my head lol
In your case I have a can silly string and I will cover you from head to toe for your sillyness. May the force be with you.

pinkpinky
11-18-2005, 02:36 AM
You do not have to use pin kk anymore because from 11/16/05 it is now that u can say pink.. and thats good because now all my friends reversing my name and saying pinkypink instead of my real name pinkpinky then an call me pink again. :)

Think Pink!!

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/5720/pinkpinky1234vq.th.gif (http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pinkpinky1234vq.gif)

AliceInVMK
11-18-2005, 03:26 AM
It was really funny when we all found out we could say pink...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/ilovebananachips/ca7a87de.jpg