View Full Version : You know you're an original when you..

Crazycop
05-21-2012, 01:52 AM
You know you're an original when you.. remember when green flips and green pants were purchasable.

Visiting this site brings back memories.. :/

continue your first memories below?

SmileGirl
05-21-2012, 08:43 PM
My first memories were of the pure magic VMK brought me. And that's something I miss.

RIP SmileGirl May 23rd 2005-May 21st 2008

wombat
05-22-2012, 03:53 PM
You know you were an original when it would take logging on 35 times to get anything done because of all the dc. Ah those beta days!!!

Blossomflower
05-26-2012, 02:21 AM
you know you're an original when you remember when tomorrowland didn't exist yet
(i'm not that much of an original person though)

EtnaGreen
05-27-2012, 02:22 AM
I'm not an original, but I do remember when the vmk pass came out. Before it came out you had to actually wait in line for host events. You would have to sit there for hours waiting to get into the host events and hope that you didn't disconnect. Waiting in line and avoiding disconnecting actually made it feel like you earned your entrance into host events. When the vmk pass came into effect, it felt too easy, but on the other hand, it was nice to able to do other things with the vmk pass.

MLKnCookies
06-04-2012, 05:37 AM
You know you're an original when you had to step away from the computer when waiting on queue to get into a host room (before vmk pass). And then the dc monster came right when it was your turn to spin to win... still dread that moment from 2005. :(

Also...

before Tomorrowland existed and it was just the hub.

And when there was just an image of Frontierland coming soon.

And when New Orleans Square did not exist yet.

And when guest room rides consisted of clicking a billion chairs before they had ride pieces.

hawkster
06-05-2012, 08:29 PM
You know you're an original when...

* The Main Street Music Game room still had benches.

* You remember waiting in anticipation for the release of the HKDL poster that said "2005" on it.

* You remember doing the original Hidden Mickeys quest with the camera in the first few weeks of the game.

* You would go into Discovery Island to see what other magic effects were available and to play with them.

* Pirates of the Caribbean was still in its original form and it took winning 30 or so games to get the Invisibility Magic Pin print-out to turn in at DL or WDW.