View Full Version : Server Down?

Miketic
02-16-2012, 04:20 AM
When the place was down, I was scared to think that the forum was shut down for inactivity. Just because I don't go on for a few days and come back its missing, felt like VMK all over again but unknowing what happened and why.
So all i'm asking here is just a simple question:
What happened?

I'm just concerned if it was just a server problem or is the forum in any danger.

bluedudeman
02-16-2012, 04:29 AM
It was. I contacted batleth on the 5th. I could find the PM for you but I cant right now. Glad it's back :)

Miketic
02-16-2012, 04:53 AM
It was. I contacted batleth on the 5th. I could find the PM for you but I cant right now. Glad it's back :)

Oh, ok. Felt weird and somewhat lost seeing VMKF missing...

bluedudeman
02-16-2012, 06:04 AM
We've recently ran into some technical issues with our server. We've had to fix several database files and suspend using it for any new image hosting. Nick has decided to move VMKF to a different server to help everything we've got going. I'm not sure how long it's going to take him to move the site to a new server but shouldn't be more than a couple more days, we're hoping.

There you go :-) yeah I missed it a lot. Though he said it was a server issue I was getting a little worried.

Miketic
02-16-2012, 06:08 AM
There you go :-) yeah I missed it a lot. Though he said it was a server issue I was getting a little worried.

Ok, thanks for clearing this out.

Blossomflower
02-17-2012, 10:42 AM
- BREATHES - thank goodness vmkf is back! i had this panic attack and joined a bunch of other VMK forums trying to find the community and everything, thinking the place was shut down for good! and i was actually successful and found a buddy from here ;D but anyway, contacting a few people, my vmk friend PMed batleth from TTC, found out that the site was being moved to a different server or something and i calmed down. -phew- GLAD TO BE BACK!

acefredfred
02-20-2012, 10:20 PM
I died on the inside for a bit too. But then I said I should just wait it out.

Stitchco
02-22-2012, 08:40 AM
I truthfully have been scared out of my mind for the same reasons these few past weeks xD

Thank you for finding out what happened blue!

-Stitchco :1stitch:

etain
02-28-2012, 08:49 PM
I was scared too. When I did a google search there were all kinds of rumours about this site shutting down. But I contacted them, and they were just doing a server upgrade or something like that....

bluedudeman
03-01-2012, 12:11 AM
I didn't see or look for the rumors. Not saying you did, but you found them. I didn't think there would be anything, I didn't think a lot of people even knew this site was still going haha.

Batleth
03-20-2012, 04:03 AM
I didn't see or look for the rumors. Not saying you did, but you found them. I didn't think there would be anything, I didn't think a lot of people even knew this site was still going haha.
Me either..hehe

Sorry for the sudden loss of site. We ran into technical issues and had to act fast to preserve all the sites' data. We've moved VMKF on to a new server. We have no intentions of shutting down VMKF any time in the near future.

Miketic
03-20-2012, 04:25 AM
We have no intentions of shutting down VMKF any time in the near future.

Yes. Good to hear that.

Blossomflower
03-26-2012, 02:35 AM
yes, this is comforting news, batleth. i don't care if the site is sort of inactive now... there are too many memories here and i won't let go :P