View Full Version : Vinylmation

LightningBrutus
09-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Someone made a new thread for pins in this category, so I saw it fit to make one for vinylmations :D. Anyways.. the purpose of this thread is to talk about the vinylmations you like/have :icon6m: You can also post your favorite vinylmation(s):Taking:

GoodPolarGirl
09-06-2011, 11:10 PM
I don't own any vinylmations (because after a while, they would start to get kind of expensive and I have nowhere to put them), but they are really cool! If i had the money and space, I would totally start collecting them! I have some vinylmation pins, though. I'll see if I can find some pics of the ones I own.

EDIT: I couldn't find any of the ones I own on Disneypins because they're not very popular, but I would love to get some of the 3D ones. They're really cute.

P.S. I love love love your signature, did you make it?

LightningBrutus
09-06-2011, 11:19 PM
yeah the prices do start to add up, especially with the lion king series just coming out:Question:, but they're still pretty cool in my opinion.:icon10m: my favorites that I have are mushu, dodger, a penguin, a skeleton from POTC and all the lion king ones I currently have :D

EDIT: yeah I made my signature on gimp :)

EtnaGreen
09-08-2011, 03:19 AM
I collect them as well, I have vinylmations. My favorite is the carousel of progress one, but I really like the hamburger one. I really like how you can trade your vinylmations at the parks and Disney Stores.

The Vinylmation store rocks, but normally most things there are out of my budget. It is still nice to look and trade, though.

LightningBrutus
09-08-2011, 01:00 PM
I collect them as well, I have vinylmations. My favorite is the carousel of progress one, but I really like the hamburger one. I really like how you can trade your vinylmations at the parks and Disney Stores.

The Vinylmation store rocks, but normally most things there are out of my budget. It is still nice to look and trade, though.

yeah I don't live really close to a park so I just use a closeish Disney store for vinylmations :D

bluedudeman
09-08-2011, 08:51 PM
I only get Vinylmations when I go to the parks, so I don't have a ton, but now that my sister works there I can increase my total a bit :P

I'll post a picture here tomorrow probably of the ones I have.

LightningBrutus
09-11-2011, 10:21 PM
To anyone who hasnt seen them these are the ones in the lion king set :icon10m:

http://gallery.vmkforums.com/data/500/lionking2.png

bluedudeman
09-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Oh cool :D I have to take a picture of mine tonight lol

EtnaGreen
09-12-2011, 12:57 AM
I've bought mine from the parks, ebay, and one or two from the Disney Store. Every once in a while, the Disney Store online has vinylmations on sale.

LightningBrutus
09-12-2011, 02:34 AM
I've bought mine from the parks, ebay, and one or two from the Disney Store. Every once in a while, the Disney Store online has vinylmations on sale.

LOL I've bought everyone of mine (besides the POTC one) from the Disney store. And yeah I've seen the ones online but I haven't gotten any from there yet :O. I really want the urban 7?( I think) 9"3" combo that's a milk vinyl with a small orange juice vinyl LOL but I don't know when they come out, I just saw a pic from the Florida project online. :D

EDIT: Heres my updated collection of vinyls :D If anyone wants to know what any are just ask :) (btw sorry about the pics being kinda small D:)
http://gallery.vmkforums.com/data/500/mail.png
http://gallery.vmkforums.com/data/500/mail3.png
http://gallery.vmkforums.com/data/500/mail4.png
http://gallery.vmkforums.com/data/500/mail5.png
http://gallery.vmkforums.com/data/500/mail2.png

LightningBrutus
09-18-2011, 12:54 AM
bump :D (btw blue I'm still waiting for the pic of the ones you have ;) )

bluedudeman
09-18-2011, 04:37 AM
Ok tomorrow I promise! I keep putting it off

EDIT: so yeah I was all set to take a picture and my camera won't start. Cool. Trying to figure it out.

bluedudeman
09-19-2011, 10:46 PM
Maybe this will work

http://www.vmkforums.com/gallery/data/500/medium/Picture1.jpg

LightningBrutus
09-20-2011, 02:31 AM
You have a lot of really cool ones blue :D I've never seen some of those like the two green ones that are the same on the bottom of the pic (is the one on the left end missing it's left arm? LOL) btw what is/was in the tin in the top left corner? :O

bluedudeman
09-20-2011, 03:26 AM
Yes it's missing an arm because I got a duplicate and I was like "k I'll forget about you" then you were all like "take a picture" soooo he's missing an arm. The one in the tin, is the one right next to the one missing an arm.

Whatever festival that is in Epcot. Flower and Garden? Or something.... I never pay much attention to it, but since it was special I got it. Also special is the World Showcase one I think? I think it's special. And the statue of liberty one, you can only get in Times Square, I think

LightningBrutus
09-20-2011, 12:42 PM
LOL youre still lucky yours came from the park only 4 of mine are D:

bluedudeman
09-21-2011, 01:51 AM
Yup :) Going again in Oct. and Nov. to get some more.

I don't even know what sets mine are from haha.... so yeah I think I only have like one or two from each set.

LightningBrutus
09-21-2011, 02:15 AM
LOL one of the 4 from WDW that I have I got yesterday from a friend who just got back from WDW is the new halloween one :D I'll post a pic of it sometime this weekend. :O and I'll (hopefully...) be going to WDW this year :D so I'll probably get some then.

as for sets with yours the only ones I really recognize are the clear one from the clear series and the gears ones that I think are from one of the urban series, the popcorn one from one of the urban series ( hey we actually both have one of the same ones :D), and the monorail from park series (I think)

bluedudeman
09-21-2011, 02:21 AM
Yeah usually there's a new set by the time I go, so I never go for a set I already have because duplicates are annoying, though I've only ever had one duplicate because of that.

LightningBrutus
09-21-2011, 03:19 AM
dude.. youre lucky LOL I've been trying to get scar and rafiki from the lion king set for awhile now and like I've gotten banzai (the second banzai on the right in my pic -the first one was from villains series-) like 4/5 times already D: and idk if you can see it in the pic but right behind that banzai I have the same one that I'm probably gonna trade next time I go to the Disney store LOL

edit: yeah you can kinda see the second ones arms behind banzai's head

StitchMad
09-21-2011, 07:04 PM
We've just got some magnets, pins and a keyring from the Vinylmation collection; we haven't got one of the little ornament things yet! I didn't really see the point in them at first, but they're actually quite cute little collector's items. We were going to see if they had any DCL exclusive ones when we sailed on the Disney Dream last month, but sadly they'd run out... it turns out they were only there for a short period of time!

Hopefully we can get some more when we're over in WDW again! Nice collection Lightning! :)

LightningBrutus
09-22-2011, 02:33 AM
We've just got some magnets, pins and a keyring from the Vinylmation collection; we haven't got one of the little ornament things yet! I didn't really see the point in them at first, but they're actually quite cute little collector's items. We were going to see if they had any DCL exclusive ones when we sailed on the Disney Dream last month, but sadly they'd run out... it turns out they were only there for a short period of time!

Hopefully we can get some more when we're over in WDW again! Nice collection Lightning! :)
thanks stitch :) and btw from what I know of each of the individual ships are getting new vinyls to represent their ship logos and stuff like the aquaduck and other stuffs LOL

StitchMad
09-22-2011, 05:36 PM
thanks stitch :) and btw from what I know of each of the individual ships are getting new vinyls to represent their ship logos and stuff like the aquaduck and other stuffs LOL

Oh that would be cool if it's true! Then again... I can't see us sailing on the DCL for another couple of years yet, sadly! :(

LightningBrutus
09-23-2011, 01:33 AM
I've seenthe pics of them on the vinylmation website :D but I can't post any til saturday to show you D:
EDIT: Heres a couple of the vinyls that are going to be on the ships soon ( these two are just from the disney dream but the other ships get one like the black one with their symbol on it)
http://gallery.vmkforums.com/data/500/dd2.pnghttp://gallery.vmkforums.com/data/500/aq2.png
And heres a pic of the halloween one that my friend got me from WDW a few days ago :D
http://gallery.vmkforums.com/data/500/p2.png
And.. just one more thing I wanna show people. They have these new vinylmations coming to disney stores on Oct. 30th (idk about the park dates) that are pretty cool. They're called Jingle Smells and they actually smell like the thing theyre representing LOL like the gingerbread man would smell like gingerbread and the snowman would smell like... idk something snowy? LOL theres other ones too but I dont want to spam you all with too many pictures in one post ;)
http://gallery.vmkforums.com/data/500/js2.png

LightningBrutus
10-05-2011, 10:06 PM
bump :icon10m:

bluedudeman
10-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Wow those look really cool, and I'm sure will smell great :P

(don't know how I missed that post before)

Heading down to Disney soon! I'll get at least one vinylmation haha

StitchMad
10-05-2011, 10:22 PM
EDIT: Heres a couple of the vinyls that are going to be on the ships soon ( these two are just from the disney dream but the other ships get one like the black one with their symbol on it)
http://gallery.vmkforums.com/data/500/dd2.pnghttp://gallery.vmkforums.com/data/500/aq2.png

Oh my.... those are absolutely amazing! :) I'm having my 26th trip to Florida at the end of the month - might see if there's any Halloween ones! :)

Thanks for posting!

LightningBrutus
10-06-2011, 01:15 AM
Wow those look really cool, and I'm sure will smell great :P

(don't know how I missed that post before)

Heading down to Disney soon! I'll get at least one vinylmation haha

luckyyyy LOL and stitch the only Halloween one coming out (from what I know of) is the one that I posted before and sadly last I heard they were sold out D: but good luck anyways :D

bluedudeman
10-16-2011, 02:11 PM
Where do you find all vinylmations... like online.

When I went down to Florida there were some that aren't mystery, I think they have something to do with the 40th but not totally sure. But there are four, with each of the four major parks being represented. The website that I use for vinylmations, I can't find them anywhere haha. I wanted to post them here because when I go down in November those are the ones I hope to get :)

LightningBrutus
10-16-2011, 04:36 PM
I know the ones you're talking about and I think there are pics of them on the Disney store website under vinylmation :D

edit: actually blue I found them on a vinylmation website I usually use. I'll pm you the link :D

bluedudeman
10-17-2011, 08:50 PM
I'll post pictures of them later if people want.

Thank you so much for the link :)

They look amazing and I don't think they'll be available for an extremely long time...

LightningBrutus
10-18-2011, 02:35 AM
I'll post pictures of them later if people want.

Thank you so much for the link :)

They look amazing and I don't think they'll be available for an extremely long time...

np :icon10m:

LightningBrutus
10-25-2011, 04:06 AM
so today Disney villains 2 came out at the Disney stores and I got the last 4 in the shipment that came to that Disney store. surprisingly though I got a double in the four that were left in the box that I ended up getting... the ones I got were the evil queen from snow white, bowler hat guy from meet the robinsons, and two of the villain guy from princess and the frog. it's kinda funny that I got the double of him because whenever I was collecting the animation series almost every box I opened was the frog from the same movie so I seem to be cursed by the movie the princess and the frog LOL

bluedudeman
10-25-2011, 11:54 PM
I love the evil queen :) Maleficent is of course the best though

LightningBrutus
10-26-2011, 01:33 AM
I love the evil queen :) Maleficent is of course the best though

scar is the best villain :D (if you don't count stitch before he turned good):Taking:

TiggerDude
10-30-2011, 11:36 AM
I went to a Disney store a few weeks ago and saw some robot-themed ones. I wanted one, but they were kinda expensive. :/ I also think they were miniatures, as well.

LightningBrutus
10-30-2011, 11:24 PM
I went to a Disney store a few weeks ago and saw some robot-themed ones. I wanted one, but they were kinda expensive. :/ I also think they were miniatures, as well.

The series you saw was " Robots Series 1 ". That series is a normal one because the standard vinylmation is the 3" vinylmation :wink: And yeah most 3" vinyls are 9.95 to 12.95 and I think the robots series may be one of the 12.95 ones :O

bluedudeman
10-30-2011, 11:36 PM
Do you have any of the larger size? Forgot how big they are.

LightningBrutus
10-31-2011, 01:34 AM
Do you have any of the larger size? Forgot how big they are.

Me? Nope I don't have any of the 9" LOL Whenever they release one I like at the Disney store,like Bolt for example, they're always sold out. I want to get a couple of other ones too, but majority of the ones I like are released only at parks :hcool:

bluedudeman
10-31-2011, 02:49 AM
Maybe I'll get a 9'' when I go ...I think having one would be nice.

LightningBrutus
10-31-2011, 04:31 AM
You'll have to post a pic of it on here :grin:

bluedudeman
11-01-2011, 10:24 PM
My sister gets a 40% discount for the holidays down in Disney :) Haha when I go soon I'm going to go Christmas shopping for friends and family, I hope they all like Disney stuff :):)

LightningBrutus
11-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Lucky LOL it would be nice to get 40% off on Disney stuff especially, vinylmations. :Taking:

bluedudeman
11-01-2011, 11:15 PM
That's the idea! :D

LightningBrutus
11-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Especially since the two vinylmations that I want to buy are both around 70$ , milk and cookie ear hat that comes with a 3" vinyl choco milk carton and 1 1/2" cookie junior and the other being a 9" regular milk carton with a 3" orange juice carton, but I doubt I'll be getting both so I'll probably just get the ear hat combo one :D

bluedudeman
11-04-2011, 02:37 AM
Just got the one of Sonny Eclipse of Cosmic Ray's of Park #6, my dad brought it home from Disney :)

LightningBrutus
11-05-2011, 05:17 AM
Just got the one of Sonny Eclipse of Cosmic Ray's of Park #6, my dad brought it home from Disney :)

Cool :D You're lucky LOL I only have one vinyl that's from a park series and I only got that one because it was in the little trading box thing in the Disney store :P

bluedudeman
11-05-2011, 05:40 AM
Park Series are my favorite :)

LightningBrutus
11-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Park 7 was just released last week. I like this one because I actually know some of the things they represent for once ( like Kali river rapids). LOL

bluedudeman
11-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Yep when I go to Disney sometime in the next 100 years I'll definitely be getting some Park 7.

My sister being a castmember...I'm pretty sure she can get that cast member exclusive one, but she doesn't know where she'd get it haha. I'm not sure if it's available to her.

LightningBrutus
11-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Heres some pics of the 9" vinylmations/vinylmation combos that I was talking about the other day that I want whenever we go to Disney (sorry for the blurred out parts didnt want to get in trouble for advertisement) :icon12m:
Milk Ears with a 3" chocolate milk and a 1 1/2" junior combo:
http://gallery.vmkforums.com/data/500/milk3.png
9" Regular milk with 3" orange juice combo:
http://gallery.vmkforums.com/data/500/milk1.pnghttp://gallery.vmkforums.com/data/500/milk2.png

Oh and here's something from Park 7 I think you would like :D its the horse and buggy from magic kingdom (both 3"):
http://gallery.vmkforums.com/data/500/Park_7_LE_Horse_and_Buggy_Vinylmation.png

EtnaGreen
11-06-2011, 01:20 AM
I really want the cookie hat, cookie vinylmation, and milk vinylmation. I like pretty much any vinylmation that has to do with food. I'm sure it is way out of my price range, but it was nice to see a picture. :)

LightningBrutus
11-06-2011, 01:31 AM
I really want the cookie hat, cookie vinylmation, and milk vinylmation. I like pretty much any vinylmation that has to do with food. I'm sure it is way out of my price range, but it was nice to see a picture. :)

It's out of mine too sadly so whenever we go to Disney I'm going to have to choose one or the other most likely D: I forget the exact prices for both groups above but I know that they're both between 70-80 dollars for the set
Edit: I looked it up the ear hat combo is 69.95$ and the milk and oj combo will be 74.95$

EtnaGreen
11-06-2011, 01:44 AM
That is cheaper than I had anticipated, but it is still out of my budget. Oh well, I will be just as content with the jingle smells for Christmas, but let me know which ones you end up getting.

LightningBrutus
11-06-2011, 01:46 AM
I'm probably going to get a jingle smells or two tomorrow at the disney store :D

Edit: I got the snowman jingle smells today :). It smells like marshmallows and the smell is like really strong LOL. Also idk for how long, but the Disney store has if you buy any vinyl you get a nightmare before Christmas vinyl free.

LightningBrutus
11-09-2011, 01:03 AM
Bump :D

Also found out today that the milk and oj combo is gonna be released on the 18th of this month and it'll only be released online :P

EtnaGreen
11-12-2011, 06:00 AM
My mom brought in a couple of shirts to the Disney Store to recycle and for the 25% off discount. She got me the chocolate and gingerbread jingle smells. I am quite excited.

LightningBrutus
11-12-2011, 02:10 PM
I got the marshmallow snowman one :D

bluedudeman
11-23-2011, 07:38 PM
I just got back from Disney late last night and I have five new vinylmations :D

I'll edit this post later with info + pictures, unless someone else posts and then I'll make a whole new post!

LightningBrutus
11-24-2011, 04:03 PM
Did you get the Christmas goofy one? That one looks really cool :D

bluedudeman
11-24-2011, 05:38 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)

http://www.vmkforums.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_20111124_103623.JPG

Those are the ones I got this trip, an octopus from Urban 5, Primeval Whirl Park 6 I think, Rocket one, forgot what it's called Park 7, Muppets 3D Park 7, and my cast member exclusive Main Street Ambassador!

Did you all know you could trade these things? I just found out this trip. You get a black box to pick from with numbers usually ranging from 1-15. You pick a number and get a new vinylmation :) They can be from any set really.

I opened a park 7 and it was from World of Motion which I don't really know what that is... haha so I wasn't too crazy over it but really wanted the rocket. I went back into the store, picked #7 and it was the rocket! Crazy!

I also got my cousin hooked on them when I was down there, he came home with 5 haha. My sister who works there says she never saw the fun in it, until I showed her the Toy Story set and now she has 5 of those :D I bought her a toy story one, and she bought me a park 7 just because we're cool and mine was Tinkerbell who I wasn't really fond of, and the one I gave her was Bullseye who was a duplicate for her. She wanted my Tink so I gave her that and took hers to trade for eventually the octopus :)

My other cousin finally on the last day caved in and bought two, he was mostly into pins from his first visit till up to that day. We all expected him to eventually copy his brother and now he does.

For Christmas I'm ordering my sister Minnie's dress vinylmation from the original cutesters set because she is obsessed with Minnie Mouse and is new into this craze.

Some people are so obsessed though, one guy was shaking boxes for about ten minutes while we looked at the display and putting about ten boxes into his cart. Then once when my sister was picking a Toy Story one out someone said "Don't give in to the craze, it gets real bad... I'm not kidding" and she took 3 off the shelf haha.

Anyways soooo yeah I didn't get a 9 inch yet because my sister wants to get me one for Christmas. But I went to D-Street which I didn't even know that was there and it was all vinylmations, that was a very cool store. :)

LightningBrutus
11-24-2011, 06:45 PM
You know you can trade in the Disney store too right? ;) it's not like that though, unless it's an event at the Disney store, it's a clear box at the Disney store that has 3-5 vinyls in it and you can choose which you want frOm the box.

You got some really cool looking ones, especially the cast memeber one :D. I'm probably gonna get a nine inch vinyl, bolt,for Christmas too.

Oh another thing if anyone likes the sea creatures series or the flags series on the Disney store website they have a sale for black Friday that's on there now that you can get them for like 5$ (without shipping) if anyone's interested :)

bluedudeman
11-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Lightning what sets do you get?

I like mostly park and some urban but I can't find park sets on the Disney store website... maybe you can only get them in the park? I'm not sure.

LightningBrutus
11-25-2011, 08:06 AM
Yeah the park series are usually sold in the parks but sometimes they're online :P

As for the sets I collected/currently collecting I'll edit this... later today since its like 1:20 am and.. I just got back from watching the chaos of black Friday LOL

Edit: Here's currently which sets I have and how many from each:
Animation 1: 7
Villains 1: 3
Urban 5: 8
Urban 6: 2
Urban 7: 3
Have a Laugh: 6
Robots 1: 1
Toy Story: 1
Create Your Own: 1
Clear Series: 1
Limited Edition: 1 (the halloween candy pumpkin)
Pirates of the Caribbean: 1
Park 3: 1
Nightmare Before Christmas: 1
Lion King: 7
Jingle Smells: 1
Villains 2: 8

LightningBrutus
12-01-2011, 03:50 AM
Bump :balloon:

bluedudeman
12-01-2011, 04:45 AM
Oh wow, never saw your edit... thanks for the bump :)

I'll edit this post with mine!

Clear Series: 1
Urban 2: 4
Holiday 1: 1
Park 3: 2
Urban 3: 1
Events: 2
Cast Exclusive: 1
Urban 4: 3
Urban 5: 2
Park 6: 3
Park 7: 2
Location Exclusive: 1

I think that's it...

I really only like Park and Urban sets, I don't really like any of the others like Toy Story, Muppets, etc.

Hoping to get Urban 5 9'' Paint Splatters for Christmas :)

Edit: You have a lot more than I thought, I'm more spread out in just a bunch of park/urban sets haha but that's really cool you have most of some sets... I need to go find if you've posted a picture of all yours somewhere in here.

LightningBrutus
12-01-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm kinda the opposite of you then LOL while I don't really like the muppets I prefer the sets with Disney characters like animations, lion king, and villains over the urban series :). And yeah there's pictures on here but they're kinda old now because i have added like .. 10 or so more from lion king villains jingle smells and nightmare before Christmas :P

bluedudeman
12-02-2011, 02:56 AM
Have you gotten Scar yet? I looked back at this whole thread and saw you wanted him. I wouldn't mind the $650 hand painted 9'' maleficent dragon vinylmation in the disney store ;) I love Maleficent the most, I guess Scar is okay ;)

I just received in the mail, Minnies' dress from the Cutesters series for my sister for Christmas. I bought it on Amazon so obviously it wasn't a blind box... the figure was in a baggy with the card and then the box is flat so I'm gonna have to figure out how to fold it up... :(

This is the first I've ever ordered online and it was a good experience. I do like blind boxes but I think only in the parks, I'm glad sites like Amazon have some from sets that normally would be blind sets but have already been opened, box has been folded down, ya know. I want the chocolate bar one and the ice cream sundae and both are on Amazon so maybe for Christmas I will be getting them :D

LightningBrutus
12-02-2011, 03:53 AM
Yeah I still haven't gotten around to getting scar LOL last time I saw one on amazon through it was like 3$ but I just haven't gotten around to getting it yet. And for Christmas I really want the bolt 9" but the one on amazon isn't there anymore and the ones on eBay are like 10$ more ( not including shipping) so idk if I'm going to be getting it now D:

bluedudeman
12-20-2011, 12:11 AM
My sister got me the Candy Cane Jingle Smells for Christmas :) It's really cool, it's one of my favorite designs.

LightningBrutus
12-20-2011, 08:03 PM
I have the marshmallow jingle smells one :)