View Full Version : The Hunger Games

bluedudeman
04-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Can we talk about this book series? I'm guessing no but it's worth a shot, I really don't want to have 4full length conversations with multiple people through PM's.

Has anyone read these? I just read the first one and it was one of the best books I've ever read. So if anyone wants to talk to me and others about the first one only, haha, please no spoilers :(, that'd be pretty cool...

now I need to think of a round seven for the Games.

GoodPolarGirl
04-17-2011, 11:54 PM
Another series of books on my 'to read' list. I hear they're really good. Once I find the time to get to them, I'll find out.

bluedudeman
04-18-2011, 12:19 AM
Yeah it took me awhile to get around to it, but I finally did yesterday and literally never put it down until I finished it :)

BuzzBoy133
04-18-2011, 10:55 PM
I started reading the first one last June.
Kinda meh.
It didn't leave that good of an impression on me.
I mean, its cool and all, but not really my taste.

Vivi
04-19-2011, 07:34 AM
rantmode!Vienna has been activated.

Honestly, I thought that the books were overhyped. I read them because about two hundred people wanted me to read them, so I did. The first two books were okay, I thought the first book was rather interesting, the second okay, and the third...well, I thought it was unsatisfactory in the greatest sense.

Now, the characters are okay. Except that I have a love/hate relationship with Katniss Everdeen. Honestly, I would've been okay with having Peeta be the star of the show, or you know, Cinna. Those characters are cool. Haymitch, too.

But Katniss and Gale? No. No. No.

NOW, THE MOVIE?! MY GOSH, THEY ABSOLUTELY RUINED IT!

rantmode!Vienna has been unactivated.

bluedudeman
04-19-2011, 03:26 PM
The movie...?

"The Hunger Games (2012)
Drama | Sci-Fi | Thriller - 23 March 2012 (USA)"

Palkia
04-20-2011, 03:30 AM
I love those books <3 I'm currently on the second one.

Bobray
04-20-2011, 05:13 AM
Okay, I'm half way through the second one and it's pretty cool. I mean, the idea of fighting to the death is really interesting, but there are some boring parts in the books.

PS. By the way, I just realized, when you put your cursor over my "My Mood," it says I haven't updated it since new year's eve, 1969! I must be ooooooold.

Vivi
04-20-2011, 07:29 AM
^ Bobray, you're so olddddd, LOL.

Yes, the movie. The movie they ruined. The movie I will stop talking about.

bluedudeman
04-20-2011, 02:11 PM
All I see is that the movie is in pre-production? I must be missing something.

lucky33325
04-20-2011, 08:57 PM
Okay, I'm half way through the second one and it's pretty cool. I mean, the idea of fighting to the death is really interesting, but there are some boring parts in the books.

PS. By the way, I just realized, when you put your cursor over my "My Mood," it says I haven't updated it since new year's eve, 1969! I must be ooooooold.

Agreed. Im on the second book. Almost finished but it only really gets interesting near the end. Some idiot on another forum spoiled the ending of it for me... :(

acefredfred
04-22-2011, 06:21 AM
I just need to read the MockingJay.

I love the series. Especially how the Country makes a big deal about a battle between all the districts.

Vivi
04-22-2011, 08:24 PM
The movie is currently in production. The main cast - Peeta, Gale, and Katniss - have been cast.

Blah.

Blossomflower
06-10-2011, 07:19 AM
eh ive read the first book. halfway through the second one

a bit worried for the movie. at least they dyed the hair so that katniss is brunette and that peeta is blonde, but like..... yeah, theyre probably going to change too many concepts.

LOL i totally trust in josh hutcherson's (peeta) skills though. cuz imma fan. butttttttt yeah..........

i'm not a HUGE fan of the hunger games. its okay but a little too depressing for my tastes, ya know?