View Full Version : Kingdom Keepers 5

Stitchco
04-09-2011, 05:10 PM
The 4th book is out and we begin anew - It is time for as Ridley calls it "His big plan" where we involve his readers into Kingdom Keepers 5.

Let the war between the villains and the heros now begin!

-Stitchco :1stitch:

GoodPolarGirl
04-09-2011, 06:57 PM
The 'big plan' sounds interesting. I hope he doesn't involve his readers TOO much, though. Then we'd already know a lot of what was happening. Sounds cool, though.

MLKnCookies
04-09-2011, 10:28 PM
That means it will be another book I have to read, haha.

GoodPolarGirl
09-05-2011, 04:36 AM
According to Wikipedia:

Ridley recently stated online that he had his fifth book with a tentative title, Shell Game, and a predicted release date of April 2012. This book will take place on the Disney Dream cruise ship, as stated on Ridley's blog. Ridley said in an interview that the DHI Software is going to be upgraded into 2.0. He also mentioned the Fantasia Brooms as Overtakers. Also he indirectly confirmed Hades and Ursula will appear as Overtakers.

I know that you can't completely trust Wikipedia, but the facts seemed to be well sourced and a lot of other sites said pretty much the same thing.

Not to be a negative Nellie, but I'm not really sure what to think with how things are going, so far. To me, it sounds like Ridley is biting off a bit more than he can chew putting the characters on the Disney Dream. There was SO much more that he could have covered in the parks. . .to me, it kind of feels like he's just getting bored with the parks and choosing to neglect them so he can have a clean slate.

But, that's just my pessimistic way of thinking about it. *shrug*

Hades and Ursula as Overtakers sounds cool, though. And Shell Game sounds. . .interesting. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Stitchco
12-07-2011, 10:06 PM
We interupt this thread to give you new and exciting news:

Kingdom Keepers 5: Shell Game will hit store in early April, while its successor, Kingdom Keepers 6 (which is part 2 of a huge battle) will hit stores in Nov./Dec. 2012. And now I introduce to you the overview of Kingdom Keepers 5: Shell Game:

As the Disney Fantasy joins the cruise fleet, a special treat is in store for guests aboard its inaugural sail from Cape Canaveral to Los Angeles: the Disney Host Interactive teenage guides will be part of the Fantasy crew.
Finn, Maybeck, Charlene, Willa, and Philby are to attend the cruise as celebrity guests, and to perform a ribbon cutting for the DHI server to go live. The Fantasy is now the most advanced cruise ship in the world.

But all is not right belowdecks. Strange things are happening. Unexplained phenomena. Only the Kingdom Keepers know the truth behind their invitation: nearly every Disney villain is represented onboard the new ship: whether on its decks or in its theaters. It's believed the Overtakers have infiltrated the cast and are "stowaways." Worse: it is believed they have stolen an important journal that once belonged to Walt Disney himself--Finn has been having dreams about this--and that some kind of mission is planned.

The ship sets sail filled with enthusiastic guests and crew, and the battle is on in new and exotic arenas: the beaches of Castaway Cay, the caves of Aruba, the locks of the Panama Canal, Costa Rica's rain forest zip line . . . But the end game is far more complicated and intense than anything the Kingdom Keepers had planned on. If the Overtakers get their way, a power will be unleashed that no one will have the ability to vanquish: Chernabog, dormant for years, is about to have his full powers restored. . .

-And now we return you to your regularly scheduled thread-

-With more to come on Kingdom Keepers events yours truely, Stitchco :1stitch:

StitchMad
12-08-2011, 12:43 AM
Oooo, how cool! I bought the 4th one whilst over in WDW in August but I haven't got round to reading it yet! I should do it quite quickly though if the 5th is in the works! :)

Stitchco
12-08-2011, 01:50 AM
Oooo, how cool! I bought the 4th one whilst over in WDW in August but I haven't got round to reading it yet! I should do it quite quickly though if the 5th is in the works! :)

The 5th book is actually done and published - it just won't be released until April.

GoodPolarGirl
12-15-2011, 05:32 AM
Woah...I haven't logged in for a week and people have started posting. xD

Anyway, book 5 sounds pretty cool. One thing I noticed upon reading the summary is that the five Kingdom Keepers were invited on the cruise...but not Amanda and Jess. I like the sound of it. Don't get me wrong, I like Jess, and Amanda isn't HORRIBLE, I guess, but I'd kind of prefer if they wouldn't come. I'd like this book to skim on the romance and get back to plot, and if Amanda goes, it would just be romance.....err.

Yeah, so I would love if only the five Kingdom Keepers went on the cruise by themselves. That'd be awesome.

Stitchco
12-15-2011, 08:29 AM
Woah...I haven't logged in for a week and people have started posting. xD

Anyway, book 5 sounds pretty cool. One thing I noticed upon reading the summary is that the five Kingdom Keepers were invited on the cruise...but not Amanda and Jess. I like the sound of it. Don't get me wrong, I like Jess, and Amanda isn't HORRIBLE, I guess, but I'd kind of prefer if they wouldn't come. I'd like this book to skim on the romance and get back to plot, and if Amanda goes, it would just be romance.....err.

Yeah, so I would love if only the five Kingdom Keepers went on the cruise by themselves. That'd be awesome.

:P It seems you and me certainly disagree on aspects of this book series. A part of the series deals with romance in each one because romance is part of good magic, while it can be turned against us as well by bad magic.

Just saying.

GoodPolarGirl
12-15-2011, 11:59 PM
:P It seems you and me certainly disagree on aspects of this book series. A part of the series deals with romance in each one because romance is part of good magic, while it can be turned against us as well by bad magic.

Just saying.

I don't have a problem with romance (as a matter of fact, I'm very fond of it in certain book series), but I honestly don't think it's Pearson's strong suit when it comes to writing. I'm not very fond of the way he write's romance, and I prefer the way he writes action/adventure. I thought the way he wrote the romance in the last few books was okay, but overused and emphasized too much. It seemed to me like he relied heavily on it for the plot. But, you know, that's just my opinion. To each their own.

Stitchco
12-19-2011, 03:18 AM
I don't have a problem with romance (as a matter of fact, I'm very fond of it in certain book series), but I honestly don't think it's Pearson's strong suit when it comes to writing. I'm not very fond of the way he write's romance, and I prefer the way he writes action/adventure. I thought the way he wrote the romance in the last few books was okay, but overused and emphasized too much. It seemed to me like he relied heavily on it for the plot. But, you know, that's just my opinion. To each their own.

Hmmm.. I kind of agree in a way, however, I do want to point out that Finn goes more courageous and goes all out when protecting Amanda epecially and then truly shows practically no fear for her sake. Just saying, after all as you said: To each their own xD ;)

GoodPolarGirl
12-19-2011, 04:07 AM
Hmmm.. I kind of agree in a way, however, I do want to point out that Finn goes more courageous and goes all out when protecting Amanda epecially and then truly shows practically no fear for her sake. Just saying, after all as you said: To each their own xD ;)

That's true. But, again, it depends on how well it's done.

Badly done: Finn going all psycho on Maleficent in book two for threatening Amanda. After reading that part, I just put down my book and was like, "Seriously? I'm supposed to believe that?" There's such a thing when reading as suspension of disbelief, but that can only take you so far. For goodness sakes, Maleficent is supposed to be the most evil villain there is, how am I supposed to take her seriously after almost being done for by a 13(ish) year old boy?

Well done: Finn doing what he can to bring Amanda back from SBS in book four. It was actually very sweet how far he went to try to help her - it showed that he truly cared.

Again, I'm cool with pretty much anything an author will try to do to make their books the best they can be...it just has to be well written.

Stitchco
12-19-2011, 04:38 AM
That's true. But, again, it depends on how well it's done.

Badly done: Finn going all psycho on Maleficent in book two for threatening Amanda. After reading that part, I just put down my book and was like, "Seriously? I'm supposed to believe that?" There's such a thing when reading as suspension of disbelief, but that can only take you so far. For goodness sakes, Maleficent is supposed to be the most evil villain there is, how am I supposed to take her seriously after almost being done for by a 13(ish) year old boy?

Well done: Finn doing what he can to bring Amanda back from SBS in book four. It was actually very sweet how far he went to try to help her - it showed that he truly cared.

Again, I'm cool with pretty much anything an author will try to do to make their books the best they can be...it just has to be well written.

Keep in mind Maleficent is not the most powerful villian. Chernabog is. The thing is is that his power is not with him at the moment. that is why in books 5 and 6 he will try to regain his powers for he is the most powerful Disney villian there is.

GoodPolarGirl
12-19-2011, 04:46 AM
Keep in mind Maleficent is not the most powerful villian. Chernabog is. The thing is is that his power is not with him at the moment. that is why in books 5 and 6 he will try to regain his powers for he is the most powerful Disney villian there is.

True, true, true....Chernabog is more powerful. But Maleficent still is supposed to be pretty dang powerful (and at the time Chernabog didn't have power, she probably was the most powerful), and I had trouble taking her seriously after that.

bluedudeman
12-20-2011, 12:25 AM
I can't remember the psycho part you're talking about.

Stitchco
12-20-2011, 12:40 AM
True, true, true....Chernabog is more powerful. But Maleficent still is supposed to be pretty dang powerful (and at the time Chernabog didn't have power, she probably was the most powerful), and I had trouble taking her seriously after that.

Technically though not many people remember Maleificent claims there is a higher powerful villian then her that is also female. Who knows what it is? And also Finn probably got one of those adrenaline rushes because he was fighting to protect one he loves. Happens many times for other people in real life.

I can't remember the psycho part you're talking about.

It was in the end of book 2 :icon10m:

GoodPolarGirl
12-20-2011, 12:44 AM
Technically though not many people remember Maleificent claims there is a higher powerful villian then her that is also female. Who knows what it is? And also Finn probably got one of those adrenaline rushes because he was fighting to protect one he loves. Happens many times for other people in real life.

It was in the end of book 2 :icon10m:

I'm guessing Ursula. She is supposed to appear in KK5, and Ariel was in the last book, so it's a really good educated guess.

bluedudeman
12-20-2011, 04:14 AM
I love maleficent and believe that she should be the most powerful female villain.

What about the Evil Queen...has there been anything about her in KK? It's been so long since I read the books, it's hard to remember. If not Maleficent I think that the Evil Queen would be the most powerful, I don't really believe in Ursulas power.

I don't like Amanda by the way, and don't believe Finn should be with her, but with the other one that the romance was surrounding, I believe it was Charlene?

Stitchco
12-20-2011, 04:34 AM
WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS

I love maleficent and believe that she should be the most powerful female villain.

What about the Evil Queen...has there been anything about her in KK? It's been so long since I read the books, it's hard to remember. If not Maleficent I think that the Evil Queen would be the most powerful, I don't really believe in Ursulas power.

I don't like Amanda by the way, and don't believe Finn should be with her, but with the other one that the romance was surrounding, I believe it was Charlene?

1). Seems I'm out-numbered here and am the only one who wants Finn with Amanda xD .

2). At first I thought so too but the Evil Queen is not because she is seen rescuing Maleficent and views her as being more powerful. (Book 4)

bluedudeman
12-20-2011, 04:59 AM
Haha yeah, I don't totally love all the romance in the book and think most of it is really silly stuff, but if it had to be anyone I'd hope for Finn&Charlene.

I hope they don't introduce many more powerful villains. Not saying I want it too be easy for the Kingdom Keepers but sometimes it gets frustrating to me. Through two or so books Maleficent was the most feared villain and it was clear who was in charge. Now it's Chernabog and he's the most feared and he's in charge. But there's another very powerful villain? Female apparently? Now is this villain in charge?

I'm totally fine with other villains coming in to support their side, Ursula coming in to help out, Queen of Hearts, I don't care but it seems to be a never ending chain of bad guys who answer to another bad guy. Who is the clear leader and who do they need to go after? Obviously for dramatic purposes they'll probably go up the chain of bad guys before facing the leader but if they took out the leader first would the rest crumble?

I don't think they would, Maleficent would love to take total control... but do you get where I'm going with this? Who is the real leader?

GoodPolarGirl
12-20-2011, 10:39 PM
but do you get where I'm going with this? Who is the real leader?

I see where you're coming from....there's a lot of ambiguity when it comes to who the KKs are actually fighting against. It's interesting to think about how some of the Disney villains may actually be fighting against each other, but considering there are so many lose threads that already need to be tied, does that subject really even need to be opened in the first place to add more depth to the story? After all, one of the main things in Disney storytelling in how one side is obviously good and the other side is obviously evil....it's not very often that (in Disney stories, that is) there are people in the middle.

Stitchco
01-09-2012, 07:04 AM
Technically there should only be one above Chernabog, and that villian should be female from what Maleficient had said. Originally I had automatically assumed it was the Evil Queen. Now that we know it can't be, what villian could it be then?... I'm at a loss...

P.S. - Ridley recently announced that KK5: Shell Game hit stores April 3rd.

bluedudeman
01-14-2012, 06:57 AM
So excited for the 5th book, though it is still about three months away. I still don't think anything will beat the first book though :)

EtnaGreen
01-26-2012, 04:49 AM
I do agree with Bluedudeman (although I haven't read all of the books). I feel like the first book was by far superior to the rest. With each books he depreciates the amount of believability in the books. I realize it is supposed to be fiction, but several details aren't thought out very well. I feel like he just pumps out books without much reguard to quality because he knows people will buy the book due to the fact that it is paired wit Disney.

GoodPolarGirl
01-27-2012, 02:24 AM
I do agree with Bluedudeman (although I haven't read all of the books). I feel like the first book was by far superior to the rest. With each books he depreciates the amount of believability in the books. I realize it is supposed to be fiction, but several details aren't thought out very well. I feel like he just pumps out books without much reguard to quality because he knows people will buy the book due to the fact that it is paired wit Disney.

^This^ Totally agree with you, Etna.

bluedudeman
04-04-2012, 02:30 AM
Hello everyone :) The 5th book came out today, and I'm about 40% done with reading it, says my Kindle Fire :)

It's pretty good so far.

GoodPolarGirl
04-04-2012, 06:54 AM
My Nook Color says I'm finished with it. ;)

bluedudeman
04-04-2012, 01:29 PM
I wish I could have read it all yesterday but I have three tests today :(

GoodPolarGirl
04-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Aww that stinks. :( I'm on spring break so I had all day.

bluedudeman
04-06-2012, 03:09 PM
I start Spring Break today :)

I finally finished the book yesterday, I wasn't a huge fan.

GoodPolarGirl
04-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Me neither. . .I was disappointed. Not much happened, really. It just left me more confused.

Broccolisprout
04-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Well, isn't it nice then that you only have 7 months until the next one comes out?

I've never actually read the Kingdom Keepers, though I am considering picking up the first one from the library.

bluedudeman
04-08-2012, 04:40 PM
The first one is the best.

Polar, a lot was confusing...the 2.0 thing was sooo odd I didn't know when they were awake or asleep so I gave up trying on that part.

Also Finn is apparently quite the ladies man... everyone wants him now. I'm getting done with that too.

Dragon
07-10-2012, 01:47 AM
The first one is the best.

Polar, a lot was confusing...the 2.0 thing was sooo odd I didn't know when they were awake or asleep so I gave up trying on that part.

Also Finn is apparently quite the ladies man... everyone wants him now. I'm getting done with that too.

I still like the books although yeah, the 2.0 thing as pretty different. I'm hoping that Disney will eventually come out with DHI's (well as soon as technology in general advances) that would be totally awesome.

Finn is a bit of a ladies man... I mean, considering the fact hes like the team leader in all, Willa, Philby, Maybeck, Charlene, Amanda, and Jes all look up to him. And, according to Amanda, he's dreamy. :balloon:

EtnaGreen
07-10-2012, 08:33 PM
I still like the books although yeah, the 2.0 thing as pretty different. I'm hoping that Disney will eventually come out with DHI's (well as soon as technology in general advances) that would be totally awesome.

Finn is a bit of a ladies man... I mean, considering the fact hes like the team leader in all, Willa, Philby, Maybeck, Charlene, Amanda, and Jes all look up to him. And, according to Amanda, he's dreamy. :balloon:

I feel like DHIs wouldn't be very successful. It would give the parks a cold and impersonal feel. I love talking to the employees and hearing all of their stories. You wouldn't get that with DHIs . When I talk on the phone I prefer to talk to a human, not a machine. I wouldn't want to talk to a hologram at Disney either. Not to mention misdemeanors and inappropriate behavior wouldn't be taken care as efficiently because their would be fewer human eyes. I also can't imagine how many people would lose their jobs.

Dragon
07-12-2012, 04:31 PM
I feel like DHIs wouldn't be very successful. It would give the parks a cold and impersonal feel. I love talking to the employees and hearing all of their stories. You wouldn't get that with DHIs . When I talk on the phone I prefer to talk to a human, not a machine. I wouldn't want to talk to a hologram at Disney either. Not to mention misdemeanors and inappropriate behavior wouldn't be taken care as efficiently because their would be fewer human eyes. I also can't imagine how many people would lose their jobs.

Thats true. I hadnt really thought of that.

but imagine how many jobs it would take to maintain the programs? People still have to add new gestures and scripts depending on which park or cruise ship they'd be assigned to.

and then again, there is the issue of talking to a real human. Id rather speak to a real human, as many of us do, as well.
the thing about "DHI's" is there are ups and there are downs.

I agree with you, but I still think that being able to interact with a hologram would just in general be insane.

zephr
07-19-2012, 01:39 AM
I'm finding the violence in Shell Game to be a bit over-the-top. The plot seems to be wearing thin with too many thinly constructed villains. I mean, I know we know these characters from the films, and we know they're evil, but how do they really fit into this world? The romances between the principal human characters now feels a bit forced, as well.