View Full Version : (suggestion)moible version of site

afterabme
12-12-2009, 05:29 AM
i was thinking that vmkforums could have a moible version of the site because it causes lag for my ipod touch and it would help the site grow

Friez
12-12-2009, 03:02 PM
On my iPod, all websites cause lag... and it really would not help the site grow. Only the same amount of people who are on the website would download the app because they're the only ones that know about it...

afterabme
12-12-2009, 03:32 PM
not app a moible version

MLKnCookies
12-12-2009, 05:02 PM
I don't think this would be beneficial. I mean, we already lost a lot of members because of vmk closing. The only people who would consider it are the members currently here. I also think it's not useful, people could simply visit the site on the computer if they want to. I also think it might be extra work for the staff with no resulting purpose.

SoccerRyan
12-13-2009, 03:58 AM
A mobile version would be great but not practical at this time. If Nick could find an easy way to do it, like just adding a plug-in of some sort, then that would make visiting the site for people like me much easier. But for now, with our limited traffic, going mobile should not be on the top of our to-do list.

fantasyforever
12-13-2009, 05:11 AM
All you need to do is a skin, or so I believe. I was on a Blackberry (or iPhone I forget. Probably the Blackberry), and I used TTC's mobile skin. Worked like a charm. The only thing is that you cannot see avatars or signatures.

GryfindorGal
12-13-2009, 04:18 PM
It doesn't bother me that much, I don't have a lot of trouble getting on to VMKF on my phone. I don't really think it's that practical, either, given that not that many people would use it. But, hey, if there's an easy way to do it, then sure.
-kat