View Full Version : VMK Re-opening?

VMKObsessed554
09-23-2009, 02:55 PM
VMK is possibly re-opening next month. I'm not joking with you guys. I found five videos and one post on a VMK site. Five have said it is opening on October 1st 2009. One has said it is opening between October 1st and October 24th 2009. Well you never know.

I'm really hoping it is opening up again!!! I miss that thing so much!

canogon
09-23-2009, 09:35 PM
whoa whoa whoa, wait one minute, and just were di you find this???

Ms.PrincessLucy
09-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I have seen a few of those videos.
They said that VMK might re-open in two years in October. It's been 2 years since VMK closed now, and it is almost October...
I really hope it does open up again! I doubt it, but still...

MLKnCookies
09-23-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm pretty sure this is just another rumor to add to the list.

canogon
09-23-2009, 10:33 PM
wait, seriously, where did you saw this? is it recently? bc I remember a BIG rummor about it coming back in october long time ago, and btw its been one year since it close not 2.

StitchMayhem
09-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Um....

It's almost the end of September....

The fact that it's so called "opening" in October without anybody knowing for sure and without forums staff telling us IF it's opening so close to October 1st, Still leads me to believe it's not coming back.

Besides, We might not even have our accounts in the game anymore!

SO MANY PEOPLE WILL HAVE TO START OVER, GET THE SAME FURNITURE AND CLOTHING THEY HAD AGAIN!, HOPE THAT NOBODY USED THE SAME ACCOUNT NAME YOU USED WHEN THE GAME WAS OPEN, AND HAVE TO GET THEIR STITCH HAT AND/OR SPARROW SUIT BACK!

But if the game did re-open and everybody still has their accounts untouched and all of their stuff, then i'd play again.

canogon
09-23-2009, 11:06 PM
lol, yeah it isn't coming back... well as far as we know. now stitch, that's a very good point, but think of it this way, would you want to start all over again and be able to play, or would you like never to play again? :)

StitchMayhem
09-23-2009, 11:15 PM
That's a good point.

Well, if we have to start over, there are only 5 things I want back.

1: My Account Name.
2: My Stitch Hat.
3: My Orange Typhoon Lagoon Shirt.
4: My Cowboy Boots.
5: For the game to be FREE.

But yes, I would love to play again.

But I don't think it's opening.....

Because if you close something so mega popular for such a stupid reason such as saying.

*Stupid quote by Yavn* "IT WAS ONLY A PROMOTION!"

That leads me to believe that we're not ever going to see it again. :(

canogon
09-23-2009, 11:19 PM
good point... again!
but as we all know, if the game opens, you wont get your stitch hat, Typhoon Lagoon Shirt or cowboy boots.

LOL I can see a image of all of us in 50 years still waiting for the game to open... AH not a pretty picture!!

bluedudeman
09-23-2009, 11:29 PM
The only thing I'd want back is my account name, and my friends.

You didn't mention friends once.

Has the world really become that materialistic? We want fake-rare items over real friends?

Sly cooper
09-24-2009, 12:03 AM
I wouldn't mind not having my friends back, considering I hardly had any that I hung out with. It would be nice, though.

StitchMayhem
09-24-2009, 12:07 AM
I wouldn't mind not having my friends back, considering I hardly had any that I hung out with. It would be nice, though.

Exact same thing with me.

But at least I have friends I hang out with on the forums.

Stitchco
09-24-2009, 12:19 AM
That's a good point.

Because if you close something so mega popular for such a stupid reason such as saying.

he also said "See ya real soon" instead of "goodbye" meaning VMK would/will come back eventually. but for a time being it would be closed. not forever though.

-Stitchco :1stitch:

Vivi
09-24-2009, 12:35 AM
I still think it isn't coming back; I will believe it when a VMKF Staff Member or a person from Disney tells us that it is.
I would play again only if I had my friends and the name 'Vienna.'

canogon
09-24-2009, 12:43 AM
you know what, now that I think about it... if VMK was close for good, then this game forum should have been close with it.

Vivi
09-24-2009, 01:02 AM
Not really; this Forum is staying open until the last member leaves.

StitchMayhem
09-24-2009, 01:18 AM
he also said "See ya real soon" instead of "goodbye" meaning VMK would/will come back eventually. but for a time being it would be closed. not forever though.

-Stitchco :1stitch:

That's Mickey Mouse's way of saying goodbye.....

He's trying to keep his so called "Answer" to why VMK closed as Disney friendly as possible.

Pisces
09-24-2009, 01:21 AM
Also, our wonderful forum is not an official forum - I doubt the admins know any more about VMK's reopening than the rest of us...
Also, October is very close. Disney tends to announce whenever SOMETHING's coming quite some time in advance. I seriously doubt that, if it were to reopen, that it would reopen within the next month

StitchMayhem
09-24-2009, 01:27 AM
Also, our wonderful forum is not an official forum - I doubt the admins know any more about VMK's reopening than the rest of us...
Also, October is very close. Disney tends to announce whenever SOMETHING's coming quite some time in advance. I seriously doubt that, if it were to reopen, that it would reopen within the next month

Thank you, I've been realizing that too.

They announce basicly ANYTHING that they are releasing in like a years advance.

They are putting in a MEGA CHANGE in Fantasyland in WDW, and the new changes won't be open until 2012.

Star Tours is also getting changed, It's been announced and confirmed. It won't re-open until 2011.

If VMK is coming out next month, we would have already heard about in like April.....

Adventurebry
09-24-2009, 01:29 AM
That's a good point.

I dont know, for me, if VMK came back, all I would want from it is to come back. Thats more than enough for me. Why would we be upset that we have to try to get our stuff again? Isn't that a small part of the fun of VMK? Didn't you ever want to start over in VMK?

bluedudeman
09-24-2009, 01:30 AM
Well there's nothing to do but wait anyways.

Yeah, this forum is pretty tight, I don't see it going down anytime soon anymore. I give it credit :-P, it won't be done until the last couple members.

I think it's nice to have a little hope, so instead of shutting my mind down to the possibility of VMK re-opening, I keep an open mind about it.

StitchMayhem
09-24-2009, 01:45 AM
I dont know, for me, if VMK came back, all I would want from it is to come back. Thats more than enough for me. Why would we be upset that we have to try to get our stuff again? Isn't that a small part of the fun of VMK? Didn't you ever want to start over in VMK?

Well, yes.

It was fun getting everything, but it's different from the first time you do it and the second.

The first time, your happy you got something and it was fun getting it.

The second time, it's just annoying since you already had all of your stuff but Disney decided to close the game so now you have to get everything you work hard to get ALL OVER AGAIN.....

It's like if your almost done defeating an impossible hard game and you haven't saved the game yet, and then somebody turns of your Xbox and then you have to do all of that work again FROM THE BEGGINING.

THAT'S WHAT IT'S LIKE!

KEBSD
09-24-2009, 01:52 AM
Seriously, at this point in time the people that are still trying to get it to reopen are probably doing so for the friends and magic of it all. I doubt people are much concerned about items.

StitchMayhem
09-24-2009, 01:56 AM
-.-

Ok.....

Sorry, a few quotes I wrote above did seem a little selfish....

But I didn't have many friends in VMK.....

And I just want my account name and my signature outfit back, Stitch hat, Typhoon Lagoon T-shirt, Cowboy Boots, Dark Blue Jeans.

But, I STILL SERVE A POINT AGAINST THE SO CALLED "REASON" OF THE GAME CLOSING!!

Vivi
09-24-2009, 03:10 AM
Well, yes.

It was fun getting everything, but it's different from the first time you do it and the second.

The second time, it's just annoying since you already had all of your stuff but Disney decided to close the game so now you have to get everything you work hard to get ALL OVER AGAIN.....

It's like if your almost done defeating an impossible hard game and you haven't saved the game yet, and then somebody turns of your Xbox and then you have to do all of that work again FROM THE BEGGINING.

THAT'S WHAT IT'S LIKE!
That's what happened to me! ;D
And I'm still not done with that game and it's the third time I've played the whole thing. xD
But I still say my friends are much more important than some items to me (:

Abrahamman
09-24-2009, 03:48 AM
Well, yes.

THAT'S WHAT IT'S LIKE!

That happened to me while playing kingdom hearrs 358/2 in my computer class.... 5 minutes had passed since the bell rang to leave and i was still playing cause i was fighting a boss. i almost beat it but he turned it off XD

themist
09-24-2009, 04:41 AM
Only time will tell...

VMKObsessed554
09-24-2009, 05:27 PM
Actually I did see it recently. Yes, but I'm hoping it does come back. And bluedudeman is right. All I want is my friends back and it to be free. Most likely you will be able to get your names back.

MusicEllen
09-25-2009, 12:33 AM
I really hope VMK does re-open. :)
It would be great for all of us.
I'll still do research about it re-opening and I'll check the homepage too.

starwolf97
09-25-2009, 07:32 PM
october is right around the corner so i'll beleive it if i see it

VMKObsessed554
09-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Well, it is coming soon and I said between the 1st and the 24th of October so you never know. Hopefully it will and if it does...... I'm sure i'll be the first one online :)

StitchMad
09-26-2009, 10:48 AM
Don't get your hopes up guys. We all know how well Disney promote their new films and products - months in advance.

Don't start to get excited over nothing, because then you will just be twice as upset.
And about Yavn saying "See ya real soon" instead of "Goodbye"... I really don't think there was enough thought in that final message to think of something like that. It's simply just "looking too far into things".

StitchMayhem
09-26-2009, 06:49 PM
Don't get your hopes up guys. We all know how well Disney promote their new films and products - months in advance.

Don't start to get excited over nothing, because then you will just be twice as upset.
And about Yavn saying "See ya real soon" instead of "Goodbye"... I really don't think there was enough thought in that final message to think of something like that. It's simply just "looking too far into things".

I just commented about everything you just commented about.

But yes I agree, the "See ya real soon" thing prooves nothing about the game coming back.

I fear the game will never come back. :(

BuzzBoy133
09-26-2009, 06:53 PM
Hopefully that new Kingdom Keepers game will be like VMK.

canogon
09-26-2009, 06:54 PM
do you guys actully think that he said that to give us a clue? he's not a criminal ppl!!! he just said it bc is what mickey mouse says, imagine if you were him, would you have say that just to give a clue or something like that?

bluedudeman
09-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Why would he be a criminal...?

I think see ya real soon is better than goodbye. But we'll have to wait and see. I have faith it will open eventually, I'm not saying I believe it will happen this year or the next though.

canogon
09-26-2009, 07:02 PM
no, what I meant there is that sometimes criminals leave clues, and if he did leave a clue... you know what I mean, I would never call YAVN a criminal!

bluedudeman
09-26-2009, 07:05 PM
Lol I know. But didn't VMK sometimes use clues to tell us what was coming next? So I'm not sure if "see ya real soon" is a clue or not

StitchMayhem
09-26-2009, 07:06 PM
do you guys actully think that he said that to give us a clue? he's not a criminal ppl!!! he just said it bc is what mickey mouse says, imagine if you were him, would you have say that just to give a clue or something like that?

*sigh*

Again, I made that comment a few days ago.

canogon
09-26-2009, 07:09 PM
sorry, didn't want to copy you, I didn't know you said that anyways.

StitchMayhem
09-26-2009, 07:13 PM
It's alright.

At least you don't come up to every player on the game and give out the worst excuse in the history of eternity.

"It was only a promotion."

THAT STILL DRIVES ME INSANE!!!!!

canogon
09-26-2009, 07:17 PM
haha, have to agree with you there! "it was only a promotion" @_@ so what? it could still happen?

StitchMayhem
09-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Maybe it will come back during the 50th Anniversary of Disney World!

We'll just have to wait 20 years!

Starting....... NOW!

20 years. 19 years and 999.999.999.999.999.999.999.999.999.999.999.999.99 9.999.999 seconds.

PurpleCrazyLava
09-26-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm not so sure you guys. Nobody's gonna fully believe this until we see it. If we see, HARDCORE proof, we'll believe it. Come on, are we really gonna believe something, we need definite HARDCORE proof! Not to bring anyone down though.

But even if it were true, what do we search in the engine search? 'VMK' again?

Sorry to double post, had to say it.

StitchMayhem
09-26-2009, 07:32 PM
I don't believe VMK is coming back, THE WEBSITE IS GONE ANYWAY!

I type in vmk.com on my computer and it brings me to disneychannel.com.

If it does that then that leads me to believe that VMK is toast.

canogon
09-26-2009, 07:41 PM
well.. they can still make another website, plus they might still have the website locked in the middle of a black whole in the net... I mean, how did the computer knew that vmk is something about disney, probably is still there but disney put something on it to make ppl that go into the page ot go to the disney channel page... that even confused me

StitchMayhem
09-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Yes canogon, that was very confusing, my head hurts now.....

Well, I go on ***** every week to at least see VMK.

It's just a website to see what was in the game.

But it calms my mind away from the sadness of not seeing VMK any more. :(

canogon
09-26-2009, 08:05 PM
lol, sorry for hurting your head.. I think. haha I like *****, I always put it on just to listen to the music

ihavewaycutecats
09-26-2009, 08:11 PM
This same rumor went around last year, where everyone was saying it was going to open in October...guess what it didn't. Sorry to ruin your hopes but I don't think it's going to come back next month. I would love vmk to reopen, and I still believe it might someday. But I don't think it will next month, it's just a silly rumor.

Simfan934
09-26-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm sceptic about this, however we'll just have to wait and see.
There have been so many rumors about the game opening up again, and so far they've all been fake.

Don't get your hopes up, but at the same time don't lose hope either.

VMKObsessed554
09-26-2009, 11:52 PM
Your right i'll try my best. Thanks for the boost Simfan934

DisneyFan
09-27-2009, 10:17 PM
I doubt Disney will re open VMK. They're money hungry monsters that only benefit themselves.

KEBSD
09-27-2009, 10:22 PM
I doubt Disney will re open VMK. They're money hungry monsters that only benefit themselves.

Actually, that is not true. They can't just do anything they want, because guess who they get money from? US. We decide what we want to pay for and accordingly they add/remove things based on user interest.

~Key

DisneyFan
09-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Actually, that is not true. They can't just do anything they want, because guess who they get money from? US. We decide what we want to pay for and accordingly they add/remove things based on user interest.

~Key

Yes but they could've gotten more costumers from VMK, if they had been smart enough to promote it better.

KEBSD
09-27-2009, 10:27 PM
Exactly. If we tell them this in a kind and professional matter through emails we can make it clear to them that reopening VMK would not only make many people happy, it would also be a profitable business move.

~Key

DisneyFan
09-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Exactly. If we tell them this in a kind and professional matter through emails we can make it clear to them that reopening VMK would not only make many people happy, it would also be a profitable business move.

~Key

I don't know how many emails we need exactly to achieve this, because the VMK Petition sites are closed. Also we've been doing this for almost a year now, and it hasn't made the slightest change.

KEBSD
09-27-2009, 10:35 PM
I don't know how many emails we need exactly to achieve this, because the VMK Petition sites are closed. Also we've been doing this for almost a year now, and it hasn't made the slightest change.

I've said it before, I'll say it again- the longer the game has been closed, the bigger the impact will be made by each email. The influx of emails they recieved right after the game closed game them this thought: "They'll move on to our other online games and forget all about it."
But now, over a year after the game has been closed, each email they recieved makes them think more and more: "Wow. It's been a long time since this game has been closed and they still are asking for it to reopen. Maybe we should rethink this."

~Key

DisneyFan
09-27-2009, 10:38 PM
I've said it before, I'll say it again- the longer the game has been closed, the bigger the impact will be made by each email. The influx of emails they recieved right after the game closed game them this thought: "They'll move on to our other online games and forget all about it."
But now, over a year after the game has been closed, each email they recieved makes them think more and more: "Wow. It's been a long time since this game has been closed and they still are asking for it to reopen. Maybe we should rethink this."

~Key

I highly doubt they'll consider this, but I agree that we should not give up.

I've sent in a fair amount of emails, and I think we need to do more to get VMK back.

KEBSD
09-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Why would they not consider it? Again, it's their job as a company to listen to their fans and followers. A combination of large demand and time are sure to work their magic. It's our own fault if the game doesn't reopen- people need to give their input and do what they can to contact Disney and get their voices heard, and when time wears on it will pay off.

~Key

StitchMayhem
09-27-2009, 11:09 PM
I think Disney's other online games are boring.

I didn't like The Pirates online game, and the graphics would make my computer explode.
I didn't like Toontown, and the graphics would also make my computer explode
The Cars game has NOTHING to do but give your car a paint job and race it.
Club Penguin is cute, but it's not like something that gets me out of bed every day like VMK did.
I'm getting little entertainment out of Disney Fairies, and yes, I tried out that game.

And all of those online games (with the exception of Cars) cost money to play.

VMK was a perfect game, I had fun playing it, I could go to Disneyland without traveling across the country, I liked collecting furniture and pins, I hung out with friends I knew in the game and freinds I knew personally, and best of all, it was free.

I still can't find a single game as fun as VMK.

I'm now trying to find non-disney games to play, still unsuccessful, I have a list of games i've tried out and what I think of them below.

Buildabearville: You make a character, make friends, buy stuff, but you need to buy a build a bear and there is a limit to the ammount of rooms you can have.

VFK: Never been more bored in my life.

Nicktropolis: I clicked something by accident to turn my character in to a girl and I now can't change it back to a boy, so i'm done with that game.

Neopets: THERE'S TO MUCH LAG AND ADVERTISEMENT, and the game is not interactive.

Fusionfall: It's a very well done game, but for the third time, the graphics will make my computer explode.

Total Drama Action: It's not really fun and you have to wait until whenever a new episode of the show comes out for there to be anything going on at all.....

Lego Universe: Bland, and sad since i'm such a huge Lego fan.

Well, still trying to find a game.....

I'm thinking i'll try out Sugar Rush soon, if I can get it to work on my computer. (That's yet ANOTHER online game.)

Friez
09-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Just another rumor to add to the list.
I wouldn't believe any of these videos or whatever unless it was posted by an OFFICIAL VMK/Disney website; not a member fansite/forum. Even if VMK does reopen and we have to start all over, it wouldn't be the same that it was back in the day. Now, all the n00bs would be able to get green flips, Sparrow, etc, instead of the members from Day 1 that actually owned those items. So yeah, it just wouldn't be as exciting.
All I can say is: don't get your hopes up.

StitchMayhem
09-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Well, I agree with you Friez, i'm not believing any of this until an official Disney site says it will open.

But right now i'm still trying to find an online game.

I'm playing Small Worlds currently.

It's just like VMK without Disney, the game even accepted the name StitchMayhem for my character!

CrazyAceMynerC
10-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Wait, It says that it was only for the Disney's 51 celebration thingy.
And when VMK Closed it said that VMK will be closing 10:00 PST. But don't worry, your accounts will be saved with all your stuff.
And there is always gonna be a 52.. or more..

bluedudeman
10-03-2009, 08:01 PM
They said our stuff would be saved? haha I don't know :-P

DisneyFan
10-04-2009, 02:57 AM
Wait, It says that it was only for the Disney's 51 celebration thingy.
And when VMK Closed it said that VMK will be closing 10:00 PST. But don't worry, your accounts will be saved with all your stuff.
And there is always gonna be a 52.. or more..

Where did it ever say our stuff was going to be saved?

It said that we can't take our hard earned work to another Disney MMO, or any MMO for that matter.