View Full Version : plz answer my questions about the insider tour

longsaber1
10-16-2005, 12:42 PM
I am going to the insider tour in a few weeks.Here are some questions that I would like to know.How quick does the tour book,do you get some code cards just by being in the tour,how hard are the trivia questions,and what rides do you get on with no wait on the tour?:music-smi

LadyMaria
10-16-2005, 01:43 PM
You could always use the search button but...depending on what time of year it is the tour does book up. You get codes for trivia questions AND just for going on the tour. In WDW you get to go on Big thunder mountain, Jungle Cruise, and the HM. I went on the tour and I know you will have a great time!! Hope this helps :)

If you said "i think she is nice for helping me" on my rep, you gave me bad not good lol

NASAMan
10-16-2005, 03:49 PM
I am going to the insider tour in a few weeks.Here are some questions that I would like to know.How quick does the tour book,do you get some code cards just by being in the tour,how hard are the trivia questions,and what rides do you get on with no wait on the tour?:music-smi

Welcome to the Forum, LongSaber! Adding on to what LadyMaria said, everyone on the tour gets the Golden Show Designer Collection that has a Turnstyle, Console, Number Generator, Rope, and Penny Press. Many other cards are given out on the tour, such as those for completing the Pirate or Mansion Quest (don't worry, we were allowed to work in groups and everyone got every answer correct!). Answering trivia questions also wins cards: be enthusiastic, answer as many times as you can (even if you are wrong, it shows you are excited and the guide will help you out on later questions!), remember the Disney Prime Directive: Have a Magical Day!

LadyMaria
10-16-2005, 04:58 PM
About working in groups in all, ya you can.. :) i did, i asked the ppl in my tour who had already been on the tour..not for everything, just one question.

barfownz
10-16-2005, 05:17 PM

yes you get 2 codes cards for being on tour: disneyland gold collection and red penny press

the tour books fast usually by the first 15 mins of parks opening

the trivia questions are easy! that is how i got jungle cruise exploers tent code and 2 BTM train teleports cards (2 sets)

you get on the disneyland railroad, pirate of the caribean (or HM), jungle cruise and BTMRR

LadyMaria
10-16-2005, 05:48 PM
yes you get 2 codes cards for being on tour: disneyland gold collection and red penny press

Well to add to that..you also get one more thing...it is always different. On my tour we all had to pick one number. I picked number 6 or something. I got a shirt. Some ppl got mickey ears. Some ppl got penny presses.

EDIT: 450th post!! Ya!!

barfownz
10-16-2005, 05:57 PM
Well to add to that..you also get one more thing...it is always different. On my tour we all had to pick one number. I picked number 6 or something. I got a shirt. Some ppl got mickey ears. Some ppl got penny presses.

well our tour guide, albert we were by the walt and mickey statue when he said "do you all want to walk to the candy store in critter country" of course we all said no because of the long walk. so he gave us all red penny press'

LadyMaria
10-16-2005, 06:07 PM
well our tour guide, albert we were by the walt and mickey statue when he said "do you all want to walk to the candy store in critter country" of course we all said no because of the long walk. so he gave us all red penny press'

We got red penny presses anywase. Some ppl got 2.

DFreak1989
10-16-2005, 06:10 PM
As far as I know I just take this forum to be a place to ask tour questions? If I am hijacking please let me know and I will promptly delete this but my question is that... ok so If I get my quest cards/VIP ticket on a monday can I book a tour for Friday on the Monday that I got the cards?

Appleson
10-16-2005, 06:13 PM
even though this isn't in the tour (i think), here's some places you should visit:

1/6 Fantasyland Magic Mirror
DL: buy any magic trick at the Main Street Magic Shop
this card is not available at the Magic Kingdom

2/6 Happiest Celebration On Earth Pin
DL: buy any pin at Little Green Men Store Command in Tomorrowland
MK: buy any pin at Frontier Mercantile in Frontierland

3/6 Golden Mickey Ears
DL: buy any hat from any hat shop except Star Trader
MK: buy any hat at Chapeau on Main Street

4/6 Frontierland Wanted Poster
this card is not available at Disneyland
MK: buy a photo at Splash Mountain or Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

5/6 Retro Mickey T-Shirt
DL: buy any shirt at Star Trader in Tomorrowland
MK: buy any shirt at Sir Mickey's in Fantasyland

6/6 Disneyland Retro Penny Press
DL: buy any candy at Pooh Corner Honey Spot in Critter Country
MK: buy any candy at Prairie Outpost & Supply in Frontierland

Roxane
10-16-2005, 06:50 PM
As far as I know I just take this forum to be a place to ask tour questions? If I am hijacking please let me know and I will promptly delete this but my question is that... ok so If I get my quest cards/VIP ticket on a monday can I book a tour for Friday on the Monday that I got the cards?

Not at DLR, but at WDW they have been letting people book the tour a few days early.

todaw789
10-16-2005, 06:59 PM
even though this isn't in the tour (i think), here's some places you should visit:

1/6 Fantasyland Magic Mirror
DL: buy any magic trick at the Main Street Magic Shop
this card is not available at the Magic Kingdom

2/6 Happiest Celebration On Earth Pin
DL: buy any pin at Little Green Men Store Command in Tomorrowland
MK: buy any pin at Frontier Mercantile in Frontierland

3/6 Golden Mickey Ears
DL: buy any hat from any hat shop except Star Trader
MK: buy any hat at Chapeau on Main Street

4/6 Frontierland Wanted Poster
this card is not available at Disneyland
MK: buy a photo at Splash Mountain or Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

5/6 Retro Mickey T-Shirt
DL: buy any shirt at Star Trader in Tomorrowland
MK: buy any shirt at Sir Mickey's in Fantasyland

6/6 Disneyland Retro Penny Press
DL: buy any candy at Pooh Corner Honey Spot in Critter Country
MK: buy any candy at Prairie Outpost & Supply in Frontierland

I bought gold mickey ears at DL, but did not get the code for them in the game. Was I supposed to ask for the code after purchase?

barfownz
10-16-2005, 07:07 PM
yes you were

MamaJo
10-16-2005, 07:32 PM

The question is, where are you going? Disneyland or WDW. I cannot answer the questions regarding Disneyland tour but on WDW tour you can book ahead of time. That is probably the best way to do it. Meet at VMK Central about 15 min. before time. The guide will give a brief history of WDW and how it came about. The first question will be about how much it cost to buy land in Florida. The correct answer is 500 credits ($80,000)per acre. Then you head over to adverntureland and go on the Jungle Boat ride. There the guide will ask questions about the ride. Next you wonder over to Big Thunder Mountain railroad and get to go ahead of everyone else. There are some questions about that ride (you get teleporters). Next you wonder over to HM and take that ride along with Haunted Mansion Quest. It is where you get the HM code for the room. The questions are easy and everyone can work together. Then you go back to VMK Central and again the tour guide will hand out some more code cards. It is real fun and I wish I can do it more than every 90 days. Oh well, Christmas here I come. Have fun.

longsaber1
10-16-2005, 08:03 PM
Thanks guys but how fast will it book Sunday next week?I am going to wdw.How do you book ahead of time?Is it by phone or somthing?

Roxane
10-16-2005, 10:42 PM
At WDW you book the tour in person at guest relations on Main St.

MamaJo
10-16-2005, 11:25 PM
Thanks guys but how fast will it book Sunday next week?I am going to wdw.How do you book ahead of time?Is it by phone or somthing?

You have to book it in person. Sometimes it fills up fast. Just depending on how many people are there

todaw789
10-17-2005, 02:04 AM
Is the VIP tour you get for finding all the hidden mickeys the same as the one you get for doing all the quests?

JungleJacob
10-17-2005, 02:13 AM
Im going on the tour really soon also and these are the rides you go on

Big thunder mountain
Space mountain
Haunted mansion
Pirates of the caribbean
jungle cruse

also you go see shrunken ned
and
esmerllda the fortune teller

good luck with the tour oh and you get gold items no matter what
and try to get the question for the TENT ROOM:) :) :)

JungleJacob
10-17-2005, 02:15 AM
Im going on the tour really soon also and these are the rides you go on

Big thunder mountain
Space mountain
Haunted mansion
Pirates of the caribbean
jungle cruse

also you go see shrunken ned
and
esmerllda the fortune teller

good luck with the tour oh and you get gold items no matter what
and try to get the question for the TENT ROOM:) :) :)

WOOT WOOT 150th POST!!!!!!!!!

JungleJacob
10-17-2005, 02:16 AM
look at that glich!!!!!

mods I did not do that you can trust me sorry for changing the subject:(

longsaber1
10-17-2005, 10:36 AM
What time do you have to get at wdw to get on the tour before it gets booked because I only get one chance to go on the tour.I am going on 10/23/05.

LadyMaria
10-17-2005, 11:41 AM
We got there when the park opened. But we booked it the day before...

longsaber1
10-18-2005, 09:00 PM
Do you have to be at the park to book ahesd of time or can you do it by phone?:wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

LadyMaria
10-18-2005, 09:49 PM
I am pretty sure you have to be there to.

Califgirl
10-18-2005, 11:21 PM
At WDW, I believe you can book the tour before the day you want to take the tour. You do have to book it in person. Also, to correct an earlier post, you do not go on space mountain. You only go on: Jungle Cruise, Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion (or Pirates) and the train around the park.

It is a very fun tour and I'm sure you will have a great time.

barfownz
10-18-2005, 11:27 PM
At WDW, I believe you can book the tour before the day you want to take the tour. You do have to book it in person. Also, to correct an earlier post, you do not go on space mountain. You only go on: Jungle Cruise, Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion (or Pirates) and the train around the park.

It is a very fun tour and I'm sure you will have a great time.

i had a great time at my DLR tour

Califgirl
10-18-2005, 11:34 PM
i had a great time at my DLR tour
Me too, Shaun! It was fun to meet you!