View Full Version : Dell Inspiron 5150

naruhina4894
07-19-2009, 11:06 PM
I got a Dell Inspiron 5150 about year and a half ago. (My grandma gave me it because she got a new one) A couple months after I got it, the keyboard broke. My dad paid for that because it was the first problem with it. About a month later, the harddrive broke, and I had to pay for half to get it fixed. It cost me $130. (I am still paying it back) Now a couple days ago, my computer is messed up again and will not turn on. Anyone know any problems with that computer or have any ideas for what I should do?

DizCaptain
07-19-2009, 11:10 PM
I'd contact Dell since most computers are under warranty and if theyre not its easier for them to figure out the problem and sometimes will fix it free of charge or try to get you a low fee.

naruhina4894
07-19-2009, 11:12 PM
If it was under waranty, I don't think it is anymore. I think it is like a 10 year old computer.

AceGoalkeeper
07-20-2009, 06:26 AM
If it's 10 years old, you might want to get a new one. I bet it's slow too, right? Unless your grandma barely saved things on it and didn't use it very often, it probably would be cheaper to just buy a new one. It seems like if it keeps having problems, it won't stop any time soon. I'm not anywhere near an expert, and I do see that you've put quite a bit of money into it already, but I bet it will only get worse.

- Ace

naruhina4894
07-20-2009, 05:23 PM
thanks ace. I am going to when I can. I did some research and found out that it is one of the worst laptops they made.