View Full Version : Resortss!

taylorswiftfan13
03-04-2009, 10:07 PM
I know this is uberr early,
but we are going to WDW next year xD
Haha, already making plans ;D
We have been thinking about what resorts we want to stay at.
These are what we've narrowed it down to
and I want your opinions on where we should stay.
-Boardwalk
**Personally, this is where I want to stay. When we were just going by it looked so cool and like so much fun.**
-Beach Club
**I think this is my mom's top choice**
-Yacht Club
-Swan and Dolphin
**I do not want to stay here, but my mom says it should be on our list. I want to stay somewhere with a Disney atmosphere, and this just seems more "convention".**

Pinkglitter
03-04-2009, 10:22 PM
I've stay at all of them and <3 them all. PLUS! You can take a boat and or walk to EPCOT and MGM.

The boardwalk is good if you like entertainment. Nice food and nice place. LOL! Lots of shops and they have an Amazing Bakery!

Beach club is my all-time fav! They have the BEST pool i've ever been to and you can only go to it if ur staying there. The have a marketplace that is really nice for breakfast but it get busy. They have a lot of pool side entertainment too! It is the closest to EPCOT.

The Yacht club is just like the beach club but its more classy. It more for like older people then the beach club. The Beach club and Yacht club share the same pool area and entertainment. But Yacht club has better food!

The Swan and Dolphin is okay. I haven't stayed there in awhile. It is closer to Hollywood studios then to EPCOT. I heard they have a Starbucks in it but I've never looked for it ( Yet. ) The hotel is not actually owned by Disney and if you are planning to take the Magic express to it, it cost money when all the other resorts are free.

Hoped this helped!

GoodPolarGirl
03-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Out of those, I'd stay at the boardwalk.

But, I would rather stay at Port Orleans French Quarter.

taylorswiftfan13
03-04-2009, 10:33 PM
I've stay at all of them and <3 them all. PLUS! You can take a boat and or walk to EPCOT and MGM.

The boardwalk is good if you like entertainment. Nice food and nice place. LOL! Lots of shops and they have an Amazing Bakery!

Beach club is my all-time fav! They have the BEST pool i've ever been to and you can only go to it if ur staying there. The have a marketplace that is really nice for breakfast but it get busy. They have a lot of pool side entertainment too! It is the closest to EPCOT.

The Yacht club is just like the beach club but its more classy. It more for like older people then the beach club. The Beach club and Yacht club share the same pool area and entertainment. But Yacht club has better food!

The Swan and Dolphin is okay. I haven't stayed there in awhile. It is closer to Hollywood studios then to EPCOT. I heard they have a Starbucks in it but I've never looked for it ( Yet. ) The hotel is not actually owned by Disney and if you are planning to take the Magic express to it, it cost money when all the other resorts are free.

Hoped this helped!

Thanks so much glitter ;D
Boardwalk-Ooh I love shopping and that bakery sounds good xD
Beach Club-Yeah, that's what my mom heard about the pool. Is it true there's sand at the bottom?

Out of those, I'd stay at the boardwalk.

But, I would rather stay at Port Orleans French Quarter.

Port Orleans was one of our choices the first time we went, I think.
But we chose Caribbean Beach instead, but i think Port Orleans would be cool too.

Pinkglitter
03-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Is it true there's sand at the bottom?[/FONT]

Yup! And Sinking sand if your lucky! They had it then they took it away. Then last time I went it was there so It might be there.

DisneyDesi
03-04-2009, 11:04 PM
What me and my mom are planning to do when we go is the Fort Wilderness Cabins. Some people don't know about them yet but they were considered a best kept secret! THye are cute little cabins that can hold about 6 people. Plus around the cabins is horseback riding, Swimming, Arcade, Bay Lake Beach, Fishing, Bike riding, and all the fun stuff you could imagine! But if your not a camping kind of girl then maybe not.

P.S It's not like real camping like making a fire. It's like a hotel room in a cabin!

Hope that helps!

taylorswiftfan13
03-04-2009, 11:23 PM
What me and my mom are planning to do when we go is the Fort Wilderness Cabins. Some people don't know about them yet but they were considered a best kept secret! THye are cute little cabins that can hold about 6 people. Plus around the cabins is horseback riding, Swimming, Arcade, Bay Lake Beach, Fishing, Bike riding, and all the fun stuff you could imagine! But if your not a camping kind of girl then maybe not.

P.S It's not like real camping like making a fire. It's like a hotel room in a cabin!

Hope that helps!

Thanks Tiny(:
Yeah, last year we stayed at Wilderness Lodge and we saw part of Fort Wilderness.
Our family isn't really camping people, even though I know it's not real camping.
We would rather stay in a more of a resort than that.
Thanks though!

DisneyDesi
03-04-2009, 11:29 PM
Your welcome! I in my opinion would stay at Beach Club! I have heard it has a BEYOND belief swimming pool... But it is your trip!

EtnaGreen
03-05-2009, 12:28 AM
Boardwalk, It has so much to do so if your at the resort and you don't feel like going to the parks you can shop or do whatever.

Yacht and Beach Club, they have an amazing pool, but if you don't plan on spending much time swimming I don't see a reason to pay the extra money to stay there.

Swan and Dolphin, I honestly know nothing abouut this one. Sorry

Their are a few downsides of staying at an Epcot resort. One is the boats are incredible slow and have horrible schedules. We waited 20 mintues for a boat, and we finally decided to walk. We ended up getting to our destination before the boat even got to where we started. Second, you have to share buses and boats with all of the Epcot resorts. So don't expect to sit much on the transportation(in case you have litte ones coming along)

I personally would rather stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge, because frankly the entire hotel is breathtaking. Although, this is your family vacation, so stay where you think your entire family would be happiest.

Pisces
03-05-2009, 02:08 AM
:o For some reason, my favourite resort was Shades of Green, even though there wasn't all that much to do there... But it was really nice... Although now that I think of it, it was a government resort :\ So I guess I can't really recommend it...

:O I haven't been to many other resorts (I haven't gone many times, and, until recently, my family would stay with my aunt) although I have heard great things about the Boardwalk and Beach Club... And I've never found much swimming time at WDW, so I'd say that the Boardwalk sounds better...

Adventurebry
03-06-2009, 12:52 AM
naimal Kingdom Lodge, no doubt. Boma is the best XD.

Aggie
03-06-2009, 02:11 AM
I would choose the Caribbean resort ;)

taylorswiftfan13
03-06-2009, 03:52 AM
:o For some reason, my favourite resort was Shades of Green, even though there wasn't all that much to do there... But it was really nice... Although now that I think of it, it was a government resort :\ So I guess I can't really recommend it...

:O I haven't been to many other resorts (I haven't gone many times, and, until recently, my family would stay with my aunt) although I have heard great things about the Boardwalk and Beach Club... And I've never found much swimming time at WDW, so I'd say that the Boardwalk sounds better...

Yeah, I can't stay at Shades of Green,
my parents don't work for the government.
Actually, when we go to WDW, my sister and I swam every day.
We usually come back from the parks in the middle of the afternoon for a break from the parks and that's usually when we go swimming
and go back to the parks later that night.

naimal Kingdom Lodge, no doubt. Boma is the best XD.

Animal Kingdom Lodge does sound really amazing,
but it's just not something that we really want to stay at this time.

I would choose the Caribbean resort ;)

We stayed there the first time
and we want to try different places(:

Facnyface
08-30-2009, 04:22 AM
I know this is uberr early,
but we are going to WDW next year xD
Haha, already making plans ;D
We have been thinking about what resorts we want to stay at.
These are what we've narrowed it down to
and I want your opinions on where we should stay.
-Boardwalk
**Personally, this is where I want to stay. When we were just going by it looked so cool and like so much fun.**
-Beach Club
**I think this is my mom's top choice**
-Yacht Club
-Swan and Dolphin
**I do not want to stay here, but my mom says it should be on our list. I want to stay somewhere with a Disney atmosphere, and this just seems more "convention".**

If you want I can aquire some Photos/Video of any resort of your chooseing.