View Full Version : Mad at VMK!

Marina
05-23-2005, 10:34 PM
well i'm mad cause why am i not allowd to say Grr or Umm or Hmm! i cnt say my name i cnt say anything!

Mr.Lunatix
05-23-2005, 10:54 PM
ITs VMK policy, which i think is a really neat idea. yea it gets annoying however your allowed to chat, but only with certain words. for once i am impressed with disney's security.

LilLunn7
05-24-2005, 12:32 AM
i can't even put in Well

Yavn
05-24-2005, 12:48 AM
Just make a list if the words you would like and send them in. Since this a new system there are some words that are missing. It's very easy to add words (or remove them).

Better to have limited chat then none at all!

Yavn

Whar
05-24-2005, 02:25 AM
Well, I'm not totally against it, but when the system restrains you from using anywords that you learn in Grade 9 and up, it kind of fustrates me. Especially since I can't even use the word "Alot"!

April
05-24-2005, 12:08 PM
They probably set it up this way, so you can't say a lot for a reason. They want to make VMK more like the theme park, would you go chatting away to some stranger at the park, I think not. So, they try to limit things you can say, as well as protect kids from bad/unsuitable things for their age.

Marina
05-24-2005, 12:10 PM
april is right but some words that kids say everyday! like Hmm,Umm or Grr we should have those little things

April
05-24-2005, 12:14 PM
I know, I say a lot of those words everyday, maybe not in real life but when I talk to my friends on TT and stuff I do use those words a bunch. I couldn't say 20/twenty last night when I wanted to refer to how many credits I got from the Jungle Cruise.

April
05-24-2005, 12:15 PM
At least, for now I think a filter is good as long as we can freely chat.

I wish VMK's opening time would be the same as the Magic Kingdom here in FL - it's 9AM.
Time Until Open

Frumious Boojum
05-25-2005, 03:42 AM
I'm really hating the dictionary... it's better to filter than to limit words.

Well, at least it's kind to the few that have hippopotomonstrosousquipidaliaphobia.

MouseStreet
05-25-2005, 03:45 AM
I also don't like the dictionary. You can't even say words that are in the game. You can't even say Golden Horseshoe. Although, I made a typo of "Horseshow" and it went through. :confused:

Frumious Boojum
05-25-2005, 03:56 AM
How bizarre...

Horse shoe does work.

However, there seems to be a filter to try and get us to forget that it's supposed to be Golden Horseshoe Saloon and not Mercantile. :mad:

Eh, I'm a bit upset over the lack of show in all the parks at the moment and the fact that it is going towards the game's reality.

bpgstudios
05-25-2005, 04:04 AM
yea boojum. Next time your in the Golden Horse Shoe, we all dance.

I really hate the fact that you have to use contractions properly. cant is not allowed, but can't is. ANything used in the game needs to be added though, so that is someone asks "Hey, where can I find *insert item here*", and you cant respond "Oh, that is in the Golden Horseshoe" that gets annoying. ANy place or word there...actually any Disney affiliated word should be allowed. :)

Ophellia
05-25-2005, 04:06 AM
I think it would be really helpful if usernames were allowed as well so we can address each other as something besides "Hey! You! Yes, you."

MouseStreet
05-25-2005, 04:29 AM
Usernames are allowed. You can't say username, though. And boojum, the game is new. There'll be a lot more stuff soon. CMs are saying that. I'm sure it'll be a LOT better soon.

Ophellia
05-25-2005, 04:57 AM
Usernames are allowed. You can't say username, though. And boojum, the game is new. There'll be a lot more stuff soon. CMs are saying that. I'm sure it'll be a LOT better soon.

Mine isn't. =\
Some are, some aren't apparently.

Frumious Boojum
05-25-2005, 11:39 AM
Proper capitalization is apparently required, as well as proper spelling.