View Full Version : Just a word.

BlazinBeats
11-18-2008, 04:42 AM
Everyday I have a little moment where I keep remembering VMK. I can't control it; I'm usually thinking about something else when it reminds me of VMK. It's these moments that keep VMK alive to me. I realize it's closed, so don't give me those remarks. Yet I just had a question.

Everyday that I think of VMK, almost EVERY time, I end thinking, "wow...I wish I could just take a step back...and be back in the days where I was care-free."

Don't you miss waking up eagerly on a saturday morning, having breakfast and realizing VMK was open, then hurrying to your computer?
Don't you miss immediately going to the Pirates lobby?
Don't you miss strolling down Main Street and just taking in the sounds; letting your imagination take you to the last time that you were at the parks, or perhaps to your childhood?
Don't you miss having a great time joking around with your friends, not having even a worry about VMK closing?
Don't you miss those crazy friday sales and holidays, where everyone would flood mini-games to get credits?
Don't you remember browsing Guest Rooms to find some incredible rooms?
Remember riding the monorail and listening to everyone's music?
Remember the excitement in the change of mood when Main Street was changed for the holidays?
Remember logging onto VMK and hearing that soothing, familiar, sweet tone that welcomed you to the kingdom?
Remember gazing at the map, trying to plan what you were going to do?
Remember going into one of your rooms, and just messing around when you were bored?
Remember exploring VMK's fine, detailed, magical rooms, and finding things that brought you back to your childhood?
Remember the friendships you shared with people you wouldn't have met otherwise?
Remember sitting in the Blue Bayou on a summer night, listening to the music and spending time with friends?
Remember taking wacky pictures and posting them all over the walls of your guest rooms?
Remember visiting the NPC's to get your daily credits?
Remember roaming the kingdom to complete quests?
Remember diving, flying, and driving, in the magic pin arenas?
Remember being fascinated by the new magic pins that came out?
Remember trading for the things you wanted?
Remember making rides and shows with your friends?
Remember making gingerbread houses during Christmas?
Remember spending a day with friends in a Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach room, then going to the waterpark pool?
Remember the freedom you had when you were having fun?
Remember the dazzling fireworks display that you could set off anytime you wanted to?
Remember the joy and pride when you emerged from the Fireworks game in the Top 3?
Remember the good old days of the Spell Room, Discovery Island, and Push the Trashcan?
Remember the outstanding staff who were there for us till the very end?
Remember the memories you shared with friends from around the globe?
Remember the loving days of not having a worry?
Do you remember the joy and magic of VMK?

Some days I wish I could just take a step back in time and relive these days...I hope you wish the same too.
If I had the ability, I could continue this list for days.

VMK may be gone for the moment, but the memories live forever. Your memories are only just a thought away.

There's never a bad time to remember VMK.
So think about it; before you go on about debating about whether or not VMK is gone..

Remember why you're on VMKF in the first place.
We all had a love for VMK at one point in time, and that's all that matters.

Vivi
11-18-2008, 05:02 AM
This one post made me cry.
Because of the beautiful memories that came flooding in when I read this.
Thank you Blazin'.
For this spark of hope that you are giving us.
That there is a way to go back.
Thank you.
~V~

Fairy
11-18-2008, 05:02 AM
That is Beautifuly Witten Beats.
Yeah, I do remember VMK
And Yeah, I do miss it.
It made me happy- and sad
at the same time :) Missing VMK
But knowing I still Have My friends On VMKF.
:balloon:

DocCalvin
11-18-2008, 04:46 PM
I always try to remember VMK, even through Disney's old films! It so happens that I watched a bit of 'Alice In Wonderland' waiting for my outpatient's appointment once, and I encountered some of the music there!

KAITYkaityKAITY
11-18-2008, 10:08 PM
This one post made me cry.
Because of the beautiful memories that came flooding in when I read this.
Thank you Blazin'.
For this spark of hope that you are giving us.
That there is a way to go back.
Thank you.
~V~

She said it there. :mickey:

Gorams
11-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Ah.... I remember logging on during Christmas and going into main street talking with my friends and hosts and listening to the music :--)

Mickeypaws
11-22-2008, 10:47 PM
I remember logging on during Christmas and having all my friends give me items and say : Merry christmas!!

SoccerRyan
11-23-2008, 04:00 AM
Beautiful, wow.

So many memories. Thank you so much for bringing the true reason of this site back into all of our hearts.

SoWassup
11-23-2008, 04:44 AM
Yes, thank you.
I do remember those memories and others, too.
I remember good and bad.
It feels different now, not having VMK around.
Not even having the homepage.
But yes, at least we still have memories.
Hopefully maybe all our complaining to Disney about VMK closing make those memories come alive again.
But maybe not.
I remember one time I was just doing something a few months after VMK closed and then suddenly, the music when you first logged on popped up into my head.
Kinda weird.
What you said Blaze was passionate.
I liked it:)