View Full Version : vmk open in october??

taylorswiftfan13
07-28-2008, 12:07 AM
maybe this isn't a new rumor to you, i haven't been keeping up with the forums as much as i used to, but i was on a video site and i saw that they were collecting info that vmk would open in october
some of the things they found:
-someone said host_hula told them it would open back up then
-they said they didn't delete the data base
-it would open back up to only old vmk memberes, no new ones
-and of course, all of the goodbye messages such as "see ya real soon!" and all that stuff

there was more i just forgot it lol

but if they opened it back up, would it be temporary or long-term? i think that it would be worth it to have it back for temporary time even if i would have to go through all of the goodbyes again.

what are your thoughts about it?

~taylor

PurpleCrazyLava
07-28-2008, 12:35 AM
Taylor.. Sorry to say this but.. Its not opening in October this year... 2009 its opening again!!! Don't ask me how, or why. It just is. I dont want to explain it... But I will! Saluke Company quit on Disney, Disney is remaking it :) Rumor has it..

taylorswiftfan13
07-28-2008, 12:38 AM
oOo that shows now much i've been paying attention...but that's awesome! but the bad news is i probably will be too busy to actually come back to vmk.

is it another "promotion" or is it for good...

~taylor

PurpleCrazyLava
07-28-2008, 12:41 AM
I dont know.. These rumors might not even be true. I hope so!! Although... There is a new game coming out.. http://ElfIsland.com/

taylorswiftfan13
07-28-2008, 01:15 AM
i already pre-registered for elfisland.

but ya i do hope that the rumors are true.

~taylor

SoccerRyan
07-28-2008, 01:17 AM
I'll believe it when Disney puts out an official message. If it came back, I'm sure it would be pay-to-play. And in that case, I probably would not be able to play.

EDIT: 800!!!

taylorswiftfan13
07-28-2008, 01:22 AM
i wouldn't pay to play either. i mean i would love to it's just that i don't know if it's worth it.

~taylor

SoccerRyan
07-28-2008, 01:25 AM
Yeah, I don't think my parents would be up for paying real money for a virtual game. They just wouldn't understand what VMK really means to me. Oh, and I preregistered for that new game too. Hope it'll be good.

taylorswiftfan13
07-28-2008, 01:27 AM
Yeah, I don't think my parents would be up for paying real money for a virtual game. They just wouldn't understand what VMK really means to me.

omg that is exactly the same way with my parents, especially my dad. i mean my mom and dad knew that i loved vmk (mostly because i was on it 24/7) but they totally wouldn't let me pay even my own money to play a virtual game.

~taylor

reallycoolcoolconc
07-28-2008, 01:31 AM
what i have heard Sulake has quit on disney and disney is in the process of making VMK again. Their estimate time is in two years. I have just heard this and i am not sure.

taylorswiftfan13
07-28-2008, 01:35 AM
they're all rumors, disney hasn't announced anything for a fact, so we don't know if any of this is even true

~taylor

EtnaGreen
07-29-2008, 12:15 AM
It would make sense that it would open in october since that's about the time Ridley Pearon's new book comes out. It's most likely going to be pay to play though, which I am most likely not going to to do.

SonicBoom
07-29-2008, 12:23 AM
Huh? Ridley? That dragon thingy from Metroid?

Heh.. They are all rumors, I'm not gonna let my hopes be decieved right now.

dizzydesik12
07-29-2008, 02:07 AM
I think its all rumors i've even talked to people from disney and they changed the subject so i dont know whats happening but im pretty sure its not coming back.

jinxtheblackrose
07-29-2008, 04:39 AM
i feel we should stop with all the rumors you are getting people happy for no reason...its not coming back and if it ever did we would of lost all our vmk people and money and stuff, its just sad ik but we must move on. sorry.

R.I.P vmk. <3

thundurga
07-29-2008, 12:20 PM
As i have said a million times over in these types of threads, Disney is not going to let us just have it back. I have always been a huge fan of Disney but, they will do anything to make their wallet thicker.

dizzydesik12
07-29-2008, 08:27 PM
I thought thats what disney was there for was money.

EtnaGreen
07-30-2008, 01:01 AM
i feel we should stop with all the rumors you are getting people happy for no reason...its not coming back and if it ever did we would of lost all our vmk people and money and stuff, its just sad ik but we must move on. sorry.

R.I.P vmk. <3

What's wrong with the rumors making them happy? If it makes them forget about the pain of vmk closing what's wrong with it? Who cares if you lose your virtual money and stuff, I would give up all of my virtual stuff to have vmk back?

BlueWalker
07-30-2008, 02:28 AM
Wow, the VMK may reopen!?! It's my online fantasy world!!! Please keep me updated :) I made some really good friends in that world... ' (, ' and it's the only place my faces come out right, lol

IceManFan
07-30-2008, 02:30 AM
I have heard so many rumors about this and I believe VMK isn't coming back.

lol
07-30-2008, 04:58 AM
As much as I want to join in on the "Quit spreading rumors that get our hopes up, And then crush us with the sad, Sick thing called reality," Speech, I'll say this first.

For those of you who don't want to hear that "This company quit on Disney"
and "This company isn't there anymore, But still!" that, I have another bit of information.

While the rumors about Vmk returning, Are extremely unlikely, Drifting around many places is this one.

"While Virtual Magical Kingdom was managed by two companies, One had quit the game, Due to the lack of profit.
While Disney believed that charging for such games would not be right, The other company believed otherwise.
Disney, Who owned most of the rights to VMK, Did not delete the game data base, Or any character information.
Disney has searched for another company to partner with, Due to the need of continuesly working members, One has been found, Upon which believes in fairness.
Virtual Magical Kingdom will return in the next few months, Hopefully by September or October of 2008, Or the New Year of 2009 if planning does not proceed in a timely fashion.
All characers/information will be returned to the state upon which they where the day Vmk shut down.

I for one hope that's not a load lies that we're being fed, But I still remain pessamistic about how things would go, If this indeed remained true.

dizzydesik12
07-31-2008, 12:09 AM
Who knows if its coming back, but its really hard cause u dont want to get your hopes up and them crash when it doesn't come back

JEDIYODA
08-01-2008, 08:54 PM
JEDIYODA speaking here about VMK. :Post:

(Please keep in mind that these are extremly strong rumors.)

Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom closed their virtual gates for the last time on May 21, 2008 (10:00 P.M. est.) or... maybe not the last time?

An extremely strong rumor has it that VMK is reopening the kingdom. Their scheduled date for the reopening is October 24, 2008. Disney stopped giving responses to messages sent to them regarding Disney. You will not be able to have the same items. There will also be different staff. Most of the staff and hosts are now rumored to be playing as staff for another game. Luckily, yavn is staying strong. Hopefully, just maybe, VMK will open their gates once more.

~An original JEDIYODA post.

cooliomoviefan
08-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Im not getting my hopes up at all.
I just hope that IF it reopens that its not pay to play (otherwise i dont think i can, parents wouldnt like it at all) and that our stuff is still there.. if not i would be really mad @_@.
well yeah... ill keep a weathered eye on it

Iwannaplayvmk
08-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Guess what? VMK closed....Sad right....People think that it would close...Yeah okay we dont have confidence....

GET OVER IT! VMK IS COMING BACK!

a website says
The real reason is....too many people are joing VMK so they had to close it down re-do it....(but they saved your characters) and make it where people can't join anymore...

People say the rumor....
VMK is coming back on October....sure....it may but dont you think someone made that up? If not then OMG! I'm getting back on....But this concerns me....Then haveto come back becuase if they dont alot of people will cuzz them out dont you think? I mean there's people with alot of rare...

It also says on the website- www.vmk.com (http://www.vmk.com)

It says:VMK launched as a part of the Disneyland 50th Celebration and is now closed. Disney.com continues to create experiences to amaze our guests and we hope that all of our VMK friends will continue to join us.
Thank you to the community that made VMK so special. Wait until you see what we're imagining next... :-)

They think that us kids (FINE! ADULTS TOO!) can't do anything about it,they think that us kids/adults are silly jokes because we little....

STUPID LIES-

Q:Will VMK really come back in October (tell me the truth)?
A:VMK made a better game A.F.K

BETTER LIE THEN ^:

Q: Will VMK come back ever?!
A:Well it may come back on in 2009....

WORST THAN ^^:

WORST OF ALL!:

Yavn:"Hey yall, Don't look at the great thing going away as BAD!! NO!!! Look at it as a time to TRY AND FIND A NEW WORLD TO ENJOY! Look at it like SCHOOL! YOU GET TO MOVE ON SOMETHING NEW! Leave all your friends behind,AND FIND A NEW PLACE TO BE LABELED! Have fun!"
To Yavn: Yavn....I'm sorry,but even though you did not make up this game,BE QUIET! WHO CARES! YOU BREAK CHILDRENS HEARTS BY SAYING THAT YOU THINK IT'S ALL FUN TO RUIN KIDS!?
HAVE NO FRIENDS? FORGET ABOUT THEM??? YOU CAN MAYBE NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN!? WHAT KINDA NEWS IS THAT?

Disney made this game...Just like Toontown...TOONTOWN WAS MADE IN 2003 AND YOU SAY VMK CAN'T LAST FOREVER!? IBET TOONTOWN HAS A BETTER REPUTATION THAN YOU NOW!

VMK has made money for this game...BILLIONS A YEAR! So all you wanted was MONEY? IS that all you can say?!

You like to ruin VMK don't you?! Because look at Toontown,Club Penguin,and way more....Look at them do you see them deleting there games cause of a stupid Disneyland 50th Celebration!?

VMK'S TOO POPULAH TO QUIT!

who knows? vmk has issues now....even though people say it comes back this yr or next year....that's baloney! how canu just do that? i mean i know why theydid it....but why does it hav to take so long!

ivanbyte9
08-01-2008, 11:47 PM
Taylor.. Sorry to say this but.. Its not opening in October this year... 2009 its opening again!!! Don't ask me how, or why. It just is. I dont want to explain it... But I will! Saluke Company quit on Disney, Disney is remaking it :) Rumor has it..

It's not a rumor, the wiki says it! THE WIKI KNOWS ALL! :105:

Iwannaplayvmk
08-01-2008, 11:59 PM
But don't you think it would look the same? I mean since Sulake quit would it look the same as in re-making it?

Blossomflower
08-02-2008, 08:56 AM
I don't really believe it... most likely just rumors... wish they were true though.

dizzydesik12
08-04-2008, 02:21 PM
I think rumor, but then again they haven't closed the site down yet they said they would in a few months and its been a few months so who knows.

MyBirdHat
08-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Guess what? VMK closed....Sad right....People think that it would close...Yeah okay we dont have confidence....

a website says
The real reason is....too many people are joing VMK so they had to close it down re-do it....(but they saved your characters) and make it where people can't join anymore...

People say the rumor....
VMK is coming back on October....sure....it may but dont you think someone made that up? If not then OMG! I'm getting back on....But this concerns me....Then haveto come back becuase if they dont alot of people will cuzz them out dont you think? I mean there's people with alot of rare...

It says:VMK launched as a part of the Disneyland 50th Celebration and is now closed. Disney.com continues to create experiences to amaze our guests and we hope that all of our VMK friends will continue to join us.
Thank you to the community that made VMK so special. Wait until you see what we're imagining next... :-)

They think that us kids (FINE! ADULTS TOO!) I'm pretty sure VMK was made of about 2/3 kids and 1/3 adults. The game was based on ages 8-14, but that doesn't mean adults can't enjoy the game too. can't do anything about it,they think that us kids/adults are silly jokes because we little....

STUPID LIES-

BETTER LIE THEN ^:

WORST THAN ^^:

WORST OF ALL!:

Yavn:"Hey yall, Don't look at the great thing going away as BAD!! NO!!! Look at it as a time to TRY AND FIND A NEW WORLD TO ENJOY! Look at it like SCHOOL! YOU GET TO MOVE ON SOMETHING NEW! Leave all your friends behind,AND FIND A NEW PLACE TO BE LABELED! Have fun!"
To Yavn: Yavn....I'm sorry,but even though you did not make up this game,BE QUIET! WHO CARES! YOU BREAK CHILDRENS HEARTS BY SAYING THAT YOU THINK IT'S ALL FUN TO RUIN KIDS!?
HAVE NO FRIENDS? FORGET ABOUT THEM??? YOU CAN MAYBE NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN!? WHAT KINDA NEWS IS THAT?

Disney made this game...Just like Toontown...TOONTOWN WAS MADE IN 2003 AND YOU SAY VMK CAN'T LAST FOREVER!? IBET TOONTOWN HAS A BETTER REPUTATION THAN YOU NOW!

VMK has made money for this game...BILLIONS A YEAR! Ummm, billions a year? VMK only made a few hundred dollars-a few thousand dollars a year. That's way past exaggerating..Don't you think? So all you wanted was MONEY? IS that all you can say?!

You like to ruin VMK don't you?! Because look at Toontown,Club Penguin,and way more....Look at them do you see them deleting there games cause of a stupid Disneyland 50th Celebration!?

who knows? vmk has issues now....even though people say it comes back this yr or next year....that's baloney! how canu just do that? i mean i know why theydid it....but why does it hav to take so long!

Adults and children were allowed to enjoy VMK. The game was meant for ages 8-14, but it clearly said somewhere that all ages were accepted.
VMK just about made 2-3 thousand dollars a year. They basicly sold only item cards.

wonderfulmapu
08-04-2008, 10:22 PM
"While Virtual Magical Kingdom was managed by two companies, One had quit the game, Due to the lack of profit.
While Disney believed that charging for such games would not be right, The other company believed otherwise.
Disney, Who owned most of the rights to VMK, Did not delete the game data base, Or any character information.
Disney has searched for another company to partner with, Due to the need of continuesly working members, One has been found, Upon which believes in fairness.
Virtual Magical Kingdom will return in the next few months, Hopefully by September or October of 2008, Or the New Year of 2009 if planning does not proceed in a timely fashion.
All characers/information will be returned to the state upon which they where the day Vmk shut down.

It sounds like it might be true. But, yeah we don't know for sure. There have been no announcements YET.

Mizz.V
08-04-2008, 10:30 PM
To the truth this would be a miracle. But remember on the last day of VMK, they gave everyyyyythingg, and I mean everyyythinggg away. and wouldn't yavn or any of the hosts tell us? I wish I could believe this but i can not. A sliver of cheese out of it yes, because it brings my hope and joy of the fact it may reopen.

ozzietropics
08-04-2008, 11:36 PM

a website says

People say the rumor....

They think that us kids (FINE! ADULTS TOO!) can't do anything about it,they think that us kids/adults are silly jokes because we little....

STUPID LIES-

BETTER LIE THEN ^:

WORST THAN ^^:

WORST OF ALL!:

VMK has made money for this game...BILLIONS A YEAR! So all you wanted was MONEY? IS that all you can say?!

I don't quite understand your post.

First of all, a lie is a lie. So making up a lie isn't helping anybody.

It's been a really hard decision for me, but I found a perfect picture for this thread:

http://www.club32.org/img/funny-pictures-bird-cat-cage.jpg

xoop
08-05-2008, 12:32 AM
Rumors...blek, that's what I don't like about rumors, they're so...rumory. (LOL.)
R - Really?!?!
U - Uh, yeah right.
M - More info, please!!
O - Oh, come on--is it true?
R - Right; we're not sure.

Well, these rumors are now neck high and I'm sick of them ^-^ Lol.

EtnaGreen
08-05-2008, 06:44 PM
To the truth this would be a miracle. But remember on the last day of VMK, they gave everyyyyythingg, and I mean everyyythinggg away. and wouldn't yavn or any of the hosts tell us? I wish I could believe this but i can not. A sliver of cheese out of it yes, because it brings my hope and joy of the fact it may reopen.

I have two theories why the hosts/staff/yavn didn't tell us that vmk may reopen:
1. They could lose their jobs.
2. It may say some where in their contract that they aren't allowed to say anything.

ozzietropics
08-05-2008, 07:16 PM
I have two theories why the hosts/staff/yavn didn't tell us that vmk may reopen:
1. They could lose their jobs.
2. It may say some where in their contract that they aren't allowed to say anything.

...which pretty much go hand-in-hand. Most of Disney is under a "no-tell policy" so I was told.

I have another theory to add to yours...

3. It's not re-opening.

(At least anytime soon or in the present incarnation.)

FrostyPenguins
08-06-2008, 02:44 AM
so vmk is coming back?

pirategirl202
08-06-2008, 02:59 AM
we dont know if it will come back :(
i think someone should make a post about actual proof that vmk is coming back ^.^

FrostyPenguins
08-06-2008, 02:59 AM
:( i wish it would

ParamoreGal
08-06-2008, 03:00 AM
It's possible.

FrostyPenguins
08-06-2008, 03:05 AM
I hope it does :(

pirategirl202
08-06-2008, 03:08 AM
we have to see if disney will re-do it again .
i hope it opens back up 2 :)
everyone does ;)

Brave_Bloom_Kiari
08-06-2008, 03:08 AM
No OFFENCE, ;D
But YOU GUYS need to get over IT! :D
Be Thankful That It Happened. :D
I Belive Its Just A Rumor I Think. :D
I Dont thing Its Coming Back :D

Love,
Kairi

Abrahamman
08-06-2008, 05:29 AM
i just started toontown and i think is way better but i would love vmk to come back

Misskayla
08-06-2008, 05:52 AM
I dunno. VMK was pretty big. Sorta.

I don't think Disney would pass up a chance to lose money.

I think we all need to cool down and just and see what happeneds. Srsly.

ozzietropics
08-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Just a side note -- The specific rumor that VMK would open in October was disproven by the person who came up with the rumor, Ridley Pearson, (author of Kingdom Keeperswho heard it from a source inside the company).

CaptBrittney
08-06-2008, 07:54 PM
maybe this isn't a new rumor to you, i haven't been keeping up with the forums as much as i used to, but i was on a video site and i saw that they were collecting info that vmk would open in october
some of the things they found:
-someone said host_hula told them it would open back up then
-they said they didn't delete the data base
-it would open back up to only old vmk memberes, no new ones
-and of course, all of the goodbye messages such as "see ya real soon!" and all that stuff

there was more i just forgot it lol

but if they opened it back up, would it be temporary or long-term? i think that it would be worth it to have it back for temporary time even if i would have to go through all of the goodbyes again.

what are your thoughts about it?

~taylor

Sorry to break your heart there. But VMK is never opening again. I talked to Bob Iger about a possible VMK reopening. According to him, VMK is never going to reopen. The rumor about VMK opening up again in October is false. I know I was very disappointed.

JEDIYODA
08-06-2008, 09:44 PM
:wave2:

Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) closed their gates for the last time
May 21, 2008. Is it really the last time???

Rumor has it that VMK is planned to open October 24, 2008. The game will come back as a pay to play. Before I get into the subject, please keep in mind that these are rumors and I heard them from Hosts and other VMK players. Okay, so VMK closed their gates almost 4 months ago and now, many VMK players and HOSTS are saying that the kingdom is coming back October 24. If you were banned forever, your ban will be lifted. Not all the staff will be the same though. Alot of the staff and hosts decieded to go elsewhere. Luckily, yavn is still staying strong. Hopefully, just maybe, VMK will make it's SECOND debute!

Sincerly,
:yoda1: JEDIYODA

EtnaGreen
08-07-2008, 01:14 AM
Sorry to break your heart there. But VMK is never opening again. I talked to Bob Iger about a possible VMK reopening. According to him, VMK is never going to reopen. The rumor about VMK opening up again in October is false. I know I was very disappointed.

How did you get to talk to Bog Iger directly? Are you sure it wasn't one of those pre-written emails everyone else get's? I'm still completely confused about the personel info rule on here when you can say peoples' full name.

CaptBrittney
08-07-2008, 02:27 AM
I'm positive. I found a phone number on a site and I called it.

garfieldboy
08-07-2008, 07:29 AM
lol i hope so, if vmk opens back up, then i'm going to be one happy camper :)

gellypoo93
08-07-2008, 08:13 AM
what about all the deleted characters ?

will they come back

and will we have to make a new vmk character ?

if not then will all of our stuff still be there ?

ha sorry i have a lot of questions

Friez
08-07-2008, 12:55 PM
How could you hear it from a HOST?
If you hear from other players, I wouldn't believe it. And this begs the question...

Got any proof?

Luckily, yavn is still staying strong.
Staying strong? He wasn't even there for the last few months of VMK! How can he stay strong? He was doing another project. (Mission: Space Race I believe.)

TheMagicWithin
08-07-2008, 01:24 PM
By making it pay to play, your losing a lot of people that use to play VMK bc of them not wanting to pay for it, or they can't.. or they're parents won't let them.. So I think VMK, if it were to be re-opened, be non-pay to play, because you would have more people join. Or.. you could do what they do on CP, let everyone in free, and charge a certain amount for extra stuff. The free people get all the stuff that releases but the members that payed, they get special stuff.. like stuff that you can see they're members that payed.

EtnaGreen
08-07-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm positive. I found a phone number on a site and I called it.

Still even if you found the number most likely you would have got his secretary or the answering machine I find it extremely unlikely that you talked to him when he is such a busy guy.

BuzzBoy133
08-07-2008, 05:08 PM
How could you hear it from a HOST?
If you hear from other players, I wouldn't believe it. And this begs the question...

Got any proof?

Staying strong? He wasn't even there for the last few months of VMK! How can he stay strong? He was doing another project. (Mission: Space Race I believe.)

Friez, Mission: Space Race came out before VMK even opened! (Trust me, I've played it before) And yavn came back the final months of VMK.

Friez
08-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Well anyway, how do you know it's the real HOST? Just like the whole TikiT thing from yesterday. That's the thing: YOU DON'T KNOW. It could be some random 10 year old on his/her computer getting the same name as a HOST and spreading rumors.

DiamondMeme
08-07-2008, 09:15 PM
I don't think ALL of your friends will be there... some don't want to pay to play... If you're expecting to see ALL of your friends again...

tryingtogetbackintovmk
08-08-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm sorry to say, this is VERY false. If VMK were coming back in October, the staff would have said something about it themselves before THIS guy. And besides, they closed it because it was only a promotion that was supposed to get you to go to DisneyLand in California or DisneyWorld in Florida.

Now, don't get me wrong, I want VMK back as much as the next guy, but if you think about it, some editor for an online tabloid wrote a story about VMK coming back two months from now, but it has absolutely NO truth in it. As said before, the staff would have made a note about it re-releasing before this other guy did.

And lastly, I'm almost positive they swiped all of our files clean and deleted them, as well as the program. I was upset, too, after thinking about it, because I had worked SO hard getting SO much rare just to see it disappear on one of the saddest days in my life.

Sometimes, the truth hurts, but sometimes, the truth is best.

~ TTGBIV

EtnaGreen
08-08-2008, 08:19 PM
I'm sorry to say, this is VERY false. If VMK were coming back in October, the staff would have said something about it themselves before THIS guy. And besides, they closed it because it was only a promotion that was supposed to get you to go to DisneyLand in California or DisneyWorld in Florida.

Now, don't get me wrong, I want VMK back as much as the next guy, but if you think about it, some editor for an online tabloid wrote a story about VMK coming back two months from now, but it has absolutely NO truth in it. As said before, the staff would have made a note about it re-releasing before this other guy did.

And lastly, I'm almost positive they swiped all of our files clean and deleted them, as well as the program. I was upset, too, after thinking about it, because I had worked SO hard getting SO much rare just to see it disappear on one of the saddest days in my life.

Sometimes, the truth hurts, but sometimes, the truth is best.

~ TTGBIV

Yes, vmk was a "promotion",but so was lights,motors,action! and soar'n and their still in the parks. Disney spent "boat loads" of money on vmk I highly doubt they would delete all their hard work disney isn't stupid. Disney keeps pretty much everything they aren't using in storage in case they a)need it in the future or b) they can sell it later. Besides how do you have proof that the rumor isn't true do you work for disney online worlds?

DisneyDesi
08-08-2008, 11:24 PM
It maybe won't be a pay to play because Disney said They would do a pay to play but they think it is wrong to charge people to pay for a afun game

darthmickey
08-09-2008, 08:22 AM
old players from beta or what?

ozzietropics
08-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Yes, vmk was a "promotion",but so was lights,motors,action! and soar'n and their still in the parks. Disney spent "boat loads" of money on vmk I highly doubt they would delete all their hard work disney isn't stupid. Disney keeps pretty much everything they aren't using in storage in case they a)need it in the future or b) they can sell it later. Besides how do you have proof that the rumor isn't true do you work for disney online worlds?

Boat loads? Disney continually downgraded VMK's servers up until it closed. Also consider, Disney wasn't getting any revenue from VMK (though they very well could have.)

Disney doesn't "keeps pretty much everything". Case in points, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea submarines, under 10 feet of dirt by Seven Seas Lagoon.

Soarin' and Lights Motors Action, Extreme Stunt Show! are more popular than VMK will ever be. Go up to a kid in your school and ask him about Soarin', and chances are he'll be able to mention some "big screen", "hang gliding", or "California". Ask him about VMK, and he'll give you a weird look. Also note, Soarin' and LMS:ESS are in the parks for all to see, and Soarin' is almost becoming the flagship attraction of the Disney company [/exaggeration]. Comparing an online game/promotion to wayy popular attractions in the real parks doesn't make much sense.

EtnaGreen
08-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Boat loads? Disney continually downgraded VMK's servers up until it closed. Also consider, Disney wasn't getting any revenue from VMK (though they very well could have.)

Disney doesn't "keeps pretty much everything". Case in points, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea submarines, under 10 feet of dirt by Seven Seas Lagoon.

Soarin' and Lights Motors Action, Extreme Stunt Show! are more popular than VMK will ever be. Go up to a kid in your school and ask him about Soarin', and chances are he'll be able to mention some "big screen", "hang gliding", or "California". Ask him about VMK, and he'll give you a weird look. Also note, Soarin' and LMS:ESS are in the parks for all to see, and Soarin' is almost becoming the flagship attraction of the Disney company [/exaggeration]. Comparing an online game/promotion to wayy popular attractions in the real parks doesn't make much sense.
How much do the severs cost? How much did they have to pay to get people to moderate,build, and continue to update vmk for three years? How much did it cost to get vmk copyrighted? How much did it cost to put those computers into both vmk centrals? How much did it cost to constantly fly yavn all over the world to go to the parks? I could go on for awhile, it did cost them a pretty penny to open vmk and keep it open.
Normally keeps everything, everyone of their animatronics have three costumes; one in storage, one their wearing, and one being cleaned. Last time I checked submarines under ten feet of dirt is still keeping it. I was comparing vmk to the attractions because they were all promotions for the happiest celebration on earth.

ozzietropics
08-09-2008, 07:11 PM
How much do the severs cost? How much did they have to pay to get people to moderate,build, and continue to update vmk for three years? How much did it cost to get vmk copyrighted? How much did it cost to put those computers into both vmk centrals? How much did it cost to constantly fly yavn all over the world to go to the parks? I could go on for awhile, it did cost them a pretty penny to open vmk and keep it open.
Normally keeps everything, everyone of their animatronics have three costumes; one in storage, one their wearing, and one being cleaned. Last time I checked submarines under ten feet of dirt is still keeping it. I was comparing vmk to the attractions because they were all promotions for the happiest celebration on earth.

How much did it cost to pay the many Imagineers to design and build the attraction, pay contractors to construct it, pay for the materials, steel, IMAX projectors, etc.

Bottom line: VMK is a game. Soarin' and the other attractions are actual attractions and not virtual. Did you know that in LMA:ESS, they had to move a canal that blocked the construction of the theater? In my estimation, it cost more money to put in one of those attractions then it did to build and keep VMK running.

Mind you, VMK was a promotion and wasn't meant to stay.

iStacie
08-11-2008, 10:13 PM
I deffinetly dont know about this...
I mean its cool to be optomistic but i wouldnt get your hopes up too high!

TikiPin_Dude
08-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Ok so i was looking on another VMK fan site and a thread said " VMK RE-OPENING *CONFIRMED*. So i automaticly clicked it and a guy ahd called disney saying " will vmk re-open? " and shockingly the lady said yes on October 24, 2008 it is goign to re-open and im getting some more inforamtion that on the vmk homepage it has the disneybar at the top idk what that means but yea and also didnt yavn say the homepage would be open for a few weeks only? and it has been months...

To add to this she also said u will have to restart, but u can keep ur character title

Please do not flame me or this thread i heard this somewhere else.

Im going to be e-mailing them for comformation and i would be happy if someone could call :)

Thanks,

~tiki

FabMariah
08-13-2008, 05:00 PM
I really hope this is true, but you never know, it could be a rumor.

Foggarty
08-13-2008, 05:09 PM
I head this story on another vmk fansite :)

but i dont think this one is true

Disney did NOT delete the Database therefore everything would still be there, strange that there is a exact date given :S

RockieRoad
08-13-2008, 05:10 PM
But, once again I ask, why wouldn't VMK announce this?

TikiPin_Dude
08-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Im not totally sure why they wouldnt announce this, also i found that there was supposed to be a Toy Story theme month in the opening of the 4 hour wait ride Toy story mania ride in California Adventures.

Another thing i found was that also included in the letter they said" Everything is the same, we are just making some kewl new updates "

so maybe updates?

~tiki

EDIT: maybe they wont announce it for another month, and if they are modifing character they probably had to delete them along with the furniture.

And it may be to early to announce since it only august idk, dont want kids getting rowdy?

taylorswiftfan13
08-13-2008, 05:14 PM
But, once again I ask, why wouldn't VMK announce this?

That's a really good point. If it's confirmed, like you said, we probably would've heard about it already, and we wouldn't be starting all of these rumors. We could have facts. I wish they would announce something!! Like that they're making changes, it will open in a few years with pay-to-play. I don't care, I just would like some facts.

~taylor

Foggarty
08-13-2008, 05:17 PM
thast Bazzar!

Updates?

Many things would have to be deleted due to copyright . . .

I dont know i just wish that it was true

And if it wasn't why would people who played vmk want to lie about it?!?!?!?!

TikiPin_Dude
08-13-2008, 05:17 PM
That's a really good point. If it's confirmed, like you said, we probably would've heard about it already, and we wouldn't be starting all of these rumors. We could have facts. I wish they would announce something!! Like that they're making changes, it will open in a few years with pay-to-play. I don't care, I just would like some facts.

~taylor

OK now that i remember they also said in the letter " IT WILL NOT OPEN AS PAY-TO-PLAY "

I also emailed someone working with disneyonline about this for conformation.

I will get the orignial Message too.

~tiki

ACECpt.RICH
08-13-2008, 05:27 PM
vmk homepage it has the disneybar at the top

You know, I noticed that too. This website was supposed to be gone a few weeks after May 21. Here we are the second week of August, it's still not down, and now they've updated it with the Disney bar at the top as if it's still a functioning game.

Foggarty
08-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Yes i saw the new banners on the VMK main page :)

TikiPin_Dude
08-13-2008, 05:29 PM
You know, I noticed that too. This website was supposed to be gone a few weeks after May 21. Here we are the second week of August, it's still not down, and now they've updated it with the Disney bar at the top as if it's still a functioning game.

Yes i was liek i dont remember that being there

OK THE DATA BASE WAS DELETED!

But some guy found it.

The orignal Message: I gave Disney a call last night concerning VMK. They said to me that VMK is reopening October 24 of 2008. The game will NOT be a pay to play game. The same game will be up. They are making improvements. You will start from scratch. You can have the same name though.

Foggarty
08-13-2008, 05:34 PM
that doesn't mean its deleted!

its just a list of items

TikiPin_Dude
08-13-2008, 05:43 PM
that doesn't mean its deleted!

its just a list of items

Well thats what they said... Im not saying this from my own words. Also as i said early they COULD of if they are making improvements on stuff in there so they probably did.

ALSO IF THIS DOESNT HAPPEN PLEASE DO NOT START FLAMING ME AND GETTING MAD! THIS IS COMING FROM ANOTHER FAN SITE!

Edit: still waiting for e-mail... Im not allowed to call them bc its long distance.

IceManFan
08-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Well, we'll just have to see what happens and see if opens or not ;). I highly doubt it will open. then again, I could be wrong. ;)

FrostyPenguins
08-13-2008, 06:38 PM
I hope this happens :)

Foggarty
08-13-2008, 06:40 PM
Oh

I see what you mean now with the database thing.

Well you said October 24 having to restart etc

sounds very realistic . . .

TikiPin_Dude
08-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Oh

I see what you mean now with the database thing.

Well you said October 24 having to restart etc

sounds very realistic . . .

Yeah ugh still no response they didint respond to the one either i sent 3 months ago.....

Foggarty
08-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Not looking hopefull :(

i might try and givve them a call :)

TikiPin_Dude
08-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Not looking hopefull :(

i might try and givve them a call :)

Let me give u link incase u want to call them.....

Ok here is the link incase u want to call fro confirmation idk if they will answer: here is the thread (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145531) Im sorry if they say no but i wouldnt just call one person call multiple incase

IF ANYONE HAS ANYMORE INFORMATION, GOOD OR BAD, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST IT. I HAVE YET TO FIND MORE, I AM STILL LOOKING.

IF YOU HAVE FOUND SOMETHING RELATING TO TikiT SAYING IT WILL BE REOPENING, IT IS A FAKE. THE PERSON on another site DECIDED TO MAKE IT AND LIE :)

Thank you for your consideration :)

~tiki

EDIT: I found a reason likely for vmks closure in another thread in here and could be possibly what they are doing: Wasn't there once a staff member who said that VMK closed because they could not make any more items due to memory? If you take the total of all rooms, textures, clothing items, furniture, posters, NPC's, NPC codes, dialog popup boxes, minigame rules, etc., it can easily add up to 65,536; which is the highest number of items allowed for a 16-bit system, since the next number would roll back to 0, which is already taken by the first item. Given this theory, VMK may right now be switching to 32-bit, which would allow over 4 billion items. Obviously, this is something that would be too embarrassing for Disney to say, that a major virtual world was shut down because of an underestimation in the number of total things that would be made.why would it take them so long if so? Well first u have to buy it would could take atleast a month to get then u have to install it which could take a week, then u have to install the program itself ( idk how long that takes ) then u have to test it for atleast a month to see if its working properly then finally maybe add items to the last test to see how much it can hold, which addes up to about 3 1/2 months to 5 to run it in the actual game itself.

SweetChinMusic
08-13-2008, 07:35 PM
I'll believe whatever and only whatever VMK puts on their site

xigbar
08-13-2008, 07:50 PM
OMG! What if their making the graphics like World of Warcraft or PoC? That'd be sooooo cool..

TikiPin_Dude
08-13-2008, 07:58 PM
OMG! What if their making the graphics like World of Warcraft or PoC? That'd be sooooo cool..

LOL i dont think they would go that far because they would have to modify 46,404 items plus public rooms, plus guest rooms, plus mini games

LOL would be cool if they did though :)

~tiki

EDIT: no email still

hellokittysurf
08-13-2008, 08:02 PM
I hope it reopens but we'll just have to wait and see.

FrostyPenguins
08-13-2008, 08:09 PM
I hope it does too im getting so bored without it :(

Foggarty
08-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Hmm . . .

its too late for me right now

i might ask when i go to disney world . . . wait thats not till febuary . . .

hmm . . .

ozzietropics
08-13-2008, 08:37 PM
"Don't believe everything you hear, and only half of what you see."

Pink_Bink
08-13-2008, 08:46 PM
I hope this is true, but I'll see on October 24th. :)
I miss my daily trip to Disney :(

EtnaGreen
08-14-2008, 01:00 AM
"Don't believe everything you hear, and only half of what you see."

So your telling us to believe half of what disney is telling us? Sweet vmk is going to open ;)

Note the sarcasm

TikiPin_Dude
08-14-2008, 01:03 AM
you guys seriously thats kinda mean bc some people want vmk to re open.

No e-mail still.....

ozzietropics
08-14-2008, 02:38 AM
So your telling us to believe half of what disney is telling us? Sweet vmk is going to open ;)

Note the sarcasm

I seriously have difficulty detecting sarcasm, especially online. It helps to use the BB Code and in your posts. :D

you guys seriously thats kinda mean bc some people want vmk to re open.

No e-mail still.....

For all of you hoping that VMK will open...you're not helping. For those wishing those e-mailing Disney success...thinking nice thoughts to them isn't going to help. Instead of hoping...wishing...dreaming...that VMK's re-opening, go and join in the effort yourself (which I have yet to do, but I'm just pointing this out.)

TikiPin_Dude
08-14-2008, 04:35 AM
I seriously have difficulty detecting sarcasm, especially online. It helps to use the BB Code and in your posts. :D

For all of you hoping that VMK will open...you're not helping. For those wishing those e-mailing Disney success...thinking nice thoughts to them isn't going to help. Instead of hoping...wishing...dreaming...that VMK's re-opening, go and join in the effort yourself (which I have yet to do, but I'm just pointing this out.)

Thats the only way i have communication to them, i got in trouble when i called them because it cost long distnace and i just asked them a question, didnt include any nice remarks. So thats the only way i can help.

Sorry

~tiki

Queen.Isabel
09-02-2008, 10:27 PM
They would tell us by now if it was coming back out , right?

Chululli
09-02-2008, 10:35 PM
omg that is exactly the same way with my parents, especially my dad. i mean my mom and dad knew that i loved vmk (mostly because i was on it 24/7) but they totally wouldn't let me pay even my own money to play a virtual game.

~taylor
My parents feel that way too, but im gonna use my own money:p
btw, im pretty sure its not coming back, but theres still a chance...I wish you would explain it to us tho on how ugot that info and such.

dabaseballking
09-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Liars. I'll believe it when I see it. Those rumor-spreading people just want to break the hearts of ten year olds.

Chululli
09-02-2008, 11:06 PM
we arent lieing. This thread is about a RUMOR! You do not know if it will come back, but its not like we know that we are 100% sure it wont be back at all. We all know this rumor may not be true, so we know not to believe in it. And im pretty sure a 10 year old knows what a rumor is and not to believe in it, so dont point and name people please.

DiamondMeme
09-03-2008, 12:34 AM
The one about opening to just new members is the greatest idea! that's good because it'll take up less space!

DuckSwimmer
09-03-2008, 01:22 AM
VMK has no plans on opening. Its even stated on the websight.

ozzietropics
09-03-2008, 02:32 AM
Anyone else notice how if you call VMK, it says there are no current plans to re-open VMK, but if you go to the website, it says there are absolutely no plans to re-open it? Could they be telling us something?

bluedudeman
09-03-2008, 03:48 AM
Anyone else notice how if you call VMK, it says there are no current plans to re-open VMK, but if you go to the website, it says there are absolutely no plans to re-open it? Could they be telling us something?

I think they mean the same thing.

Currently, at this very moment there are no plans,
and,
at this moment, there are absolutely no plans.. it doesn't say there are absolutely no plans forever.

EtnaGreen
09-06-2008, 01:19 AM

I think it means they dont' have any current plans to open it? Yay I get the bozo button of the day! It doesn't mean that at the time the rumor came out that disney didn't have plans to open vmk.

SoWassup
09-06-2008, 03:32 AM
Okay.. go back to the first message.. yep way back there... Wat if ppl dont remember their username or password? ( Like Me... lol )

EtnaGreen
09-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Okay.. go back to the first message.. yep way back there... Wat if ppl dont remember their username or password? ( Like Me... lol )

They will probally still have the "remember me?" option where they send your username/password to your email adress.

SoWassup
09-06-2008, 03:36 PM
I hope so if it does re-open. Disney will soon probably give up with all the complaints and letters. Who knows?

jedry
01-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Finally! A VMK re-opening rumour that actually has some evidence behind it. This is just the spark of hope we needed and I gotta say I never gave up hope for a second!

Over and out!
- jedry

StarBP
01-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Finally! A VMK re-opening rumour that actually has some evidence behind it. This is just the spark of hope we needed and I gotta say I never gave up hope for a second!

Over and out!
- jedry

You revived a four-month-old thread just to say that VMK is probably going to open 2 1/2 months ago?

Princessbel
02-16-2009, 02:57 PM
So wait... is this real?
Has anyone heard any other rumors or anything?

- Princess :wave2:

bluedudeman
02-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Isn't this rumor about october 2008? I think it's done. haha

MinnieMForever
02-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Isn't this rumor about october 2008? I think it's done. haha

Some people continue to think it will open later on this year.

~Earth ♥

skipper
02-23-2009, 09:22 PM
What's wrong with the rumors making them happy? If it makes them forget about the pain of vmk closing what's wrong with it? Who cares if you lose your virtual money and stuff, I would give up all of my virtual stuff to have vmk back?

No offence Etna, But the rumors are wrong because they just get our hopes up and bring them down again..

BlueWalker
03-03-2009, 07:41 AM
VMK might reopen!?! That would be great! But this new game sounds interesting, can adults play just like the old VMK? I really don't think Disney would be coming out with new games if VMK were going to open again, but we never know. I would gladly give up all my stuff too to play again and I had over 100,000 credits, I am sure some had more stuff because I signed up late, (I first heard about VMK through the Disney Newsletter) and my computer was slow so game points didn't come easy. Now I don't have internet but if VMK came back, I would get internet again quicker than a heart beat.

CrazyAceMynerC
03-08-2009, 05:47 AM
Cross your fingers,
Find Lucky Charms,
Eat Lucky Charms Cereal,
Your Wish that VMK will open Tomorrow, or soon will maybe come true.

Aggie
03-08-2009, 06:00 AM
VMK is never going to open again... =(

MinnieMForever
03-08-2009, 05:41 PM
VMK is never going to open again... =(

I do agree with this. VMK does not have a good chance of opening again, and Disney would not have gone through all of that trouble just to close it, and bring it back up again.

I do have some hope though, in another game that Disney will create :)

:2dlrp:

~Earth

Chaoskid984
03-09-2009, 09:50 PM
I just got back from Disney two days ago:( I should of asked!!!!

DocCalvin
03-10-2009, 08:20 PM
I do agree with this. VMK does not have a good chance of opening again, and Disney would not have gone through all of that trouble just to close it, and bring it back up again.

I do have some hope though, in another game that Disney will create :)

:2dlrp:

~Earth

I, too, can't see any hope:icon9m:

EtnaGreen
03-10-2009, 11:04 PM
I just got back from Disney two days ago:( I should of asked!!!!

Don't worrry about it. If you mean one of the Disney parks, they couldn't have told you anything. Disney keeps everything seperate(ie;Virtual games and halloween costumes), if say vmk to a cast member they would most likely not know what you are talking about.

coliegurl
05-01-2009, 06:43 AM
this is what i saw in a post put out on site...

"I gave Disney a call last night concerning VMK. They said to me that VMK is reopening October 24 of 2008. The game will NOT be a pay to play game. The same kingdom will be up. They will also make improvements. You will have to start from scratch. You can have the same name though. That is why the VFK staff member quit. She is joining VMK again.

(The message you read was confirmed by the Disney team)"

BuzzBoy133
05-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Well, it's 2009 now, and twenty days away from the 1 Year Anniversary, so I highly doubt VMK will ever open again.

Madilina
05-01-2009, 06:41 PM

So it is opening again for a while?? In 09 ofc

LordIllidan
05-02-2009, 02:45 AM
Just a quick reminder that believing rumors (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151950) doesn't Help anything. (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151950)

ZortheraCrathTheAliens
05-02-2009, 02:56 AM
Hi, I'm the hopecrusher.
It isn't opening again.
Thank you.

garfieldboy
05-17-2009, 10:28 PM
would be nice, but they deleted the game files and i'm totally over it

EtnaGreen
05-18-2009, 11:48 PM
would be nice, but they deleted the game files and i'm totally over it

You never know,Disney keeps almost everything when they tear down an attraction at the parks. It may be the same in this case also. Since Disney spent so much money on vmk I highly doubt they would just delete the files

spacerightsummer
05-24-2009, 04:01 PM
The data might be deleted, but all the programming and source code for VMK is probably still on backup hard drives or digital tapes somewhere. There are always possibilities that someday when the financial gains happen they could bring out these programs and open VMK again, but I doubt any of our accounts have been saved. When I do a network and system reorganization, I delete all miscellaneous files that have very little priority but keep the critical program files. This is a protocol that many IT systems technicians work with.

Adventure_Rabbit
05-25-2009, 05:43 AM
I had heard from a friend on VFK who had said at first HOST_Harmony had made fun of her for having hope in VMK reopening, but now she says that HOST_Harmony herself says that VMK is coming back. I am not sure if what she said is true. But I hope it is and VMK IS gonna reopen!
Besides, if VMK isn't going to open, how did a bunch of people get the same "VMK is Gonna Reopen" date? Thousands say it will open in October of 2010. Where would they get this date if VMK wasn't going to reopen?

LordIllidan
05-25-2009, 06:41 AM
Besides, if VMK isn't going to open, how did a bunch of people get the same "VMK is Gonna Reopen" date? Thousands say it will open in October of 2010. Where would they get this date if VMK wasn't going to reopen?

"Thousands" (If there are that many) got the same date because that's how rumors work. You say one thing, and it spreads to two people, and those people spread it to two people each, and those people spread it to two people... That's called exponential growth. After 10 rounds of that, you've already got over a thousand people all believing the same thing. And remember, the whole "Telephone" effect doesn't apply to text, so you're guaranteed they will all believe the same thing.

Just remember that believing a rumor (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152647) isn't the same as making it come true yourself. (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151950)

punkpat
05-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Weird I had a dream about this last night that everything opened back up :( I hope that october thing is true but i don't think it is

PurpleCrazyLava
09-26-2009, 07:58 PM
@BUMP@

Come on..maybe it is coming back..lets look at this..

starwolf97
09-28-2009, 11:31 PM
why do i keep hearing these rumors that vmk only reopen to people who joined before? i think it should be open to the public so it would get more popular again and i kinda forgot my password since its been closed for a while lol. october is just in a few days so i'll beleive this rumor once i see it for myself

StitchMayhem
09-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Weird I had a dream about this last night that everything opened back up :( I hope that october thing is true but i don't think it is

I had a weird dream about VMK coming back too.

Palkia
10-02-2009, 03:12 AM
Doubt it.
Never coming back.
Especially with this economy today.

Destination
10-03-2009, 02:23 AM
Ok people, VMK is obviously not coming back.

So we need to please stop bringing up all of these old threads.

If VMK was opening again, we would've heard by now.

bluedudeman
10-03-2009, 02:50 AM
Ok people, VMK is obviously not coming back.

So we need to please stop bringing up all of these old threads.

If VMK was opening again, we would've heard by now.

Hope still exists. If you feel that these threads are a waste of space, then why'd you come here? To crush hopes like others have tried? I wish you luck.

PMFan
10-03-2009, 05:32 AM
I had a weird dream about VMK coming back too.
I've had those weird dreams Twice, one of them I was still rich

Ms.PrincessLucy
10-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Yeah, I heard that it was coming back in October, 2 years after VMK closed.

canogon
10-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Hope still exists. If you feel that these threads are a waste of space, then why'd you come here? To crush hopes like others have tried? I wish you luck.

He just wants to say what has more common sence, and I have to agree with him too. But seriously some people think of disney as their real home as if disney was another religion for them or something like that, I just cant stand those people.

bluedudeman
10-04-2009, 08:42 PM
VMK not coming back is not common sense. It's what someone believes, but it's not common sense.

Disney is my home away from home. How could you have a problem with that? How could you not stand the people who love Disney so much? Why would you have a problem with that?

canogon
10-04-2009, 10:22 PM
bc, they're disturbing like little 3 year olds trying 'not' to take a bath. It is just like that if you think about it.

bluedudeman
10-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Whattt?

Because I really like Disney I am disturbing? ohhhh?

canogon
10-04-2009, 10:40 PM
you really dont understand what I'm saying. thinking that vmk isn't coming back is common sence bc we have no prove of it coming back at all, so hope doesn't include on that. then I said that some people take disney like another religion, what I meant about that is that some people just feel the need of having disney in their lifes or they think that they will die, and I wasn't including you there.

bluedudeman
10-04-2009, 10:44 PM
I don't think anyone would think that they would DIE w/o disney. They just want it really bad.

Also, it's not common sense. It's not 100% not coming back at the moment, so no, there can still be hope.

It'd be common sense if Disney said "Forget about VMK, it's over" but they didn't.

canogon
10-04-2009, 10:50 PM
some ppl do think disney is one of the most important things in their lifes... I've known some of them. and we have no prove of vmk coming back, tell me one, if you can tell me five.

bluedudeman
10-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Tell me 5 ways VMK is not coming back.

Lol. Again, it is not 100% that VMK is not coming back, so you can still have hope even if it's 1% Chance.

canogon
10-04-2009, 11:00 PM
hope does not count much in %s, but yes you can have hope, and you can have more hope if you help to bring it back like going to disney (world, land, whatever) and have meetings with the people there, and you can have even more hope if you have more prove that it is coming back... but if you have a lot of hope and it never opens then you are going to be sad, mad, angry for the rest of your life and might never like disney again just bc of a little game in the computer that you played for 10 hours every day. (i bet that many people got affected bc of playing the game too much)

bluedudeman
10-04-2009, 11:07 PM
I can see how it'd be bad to have hope maybe 50 years + but only a year+, it's great for people to have hope :)

spacerightsummer
10-05-2009, 11:38 PM
There is nothing written in stone and they have not said distinctly 'VMK will never come back'. Disney is as Disney does. If they decide to make another VMK it will be in-circumstantial and nothing we do will make it any other way. Maybe someday we will see a return, but in the meantime we do have lives and dreams. My life revolves around my family and they are main priority, so until VMK does come back I will live, eat, play, sleep, and stand on my head while juggling torches of fire and reading comic books all at the same time. Life! Enjoy the ride! :3mono:

PurpleCrazyLava
10-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Has anyone heard anything about it lately?? Curious, is it coming or another false rumor?

DisneyFan
10-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Has anyone heard anything about it lately?? Curious, is it coming or another false rumor?

I haven't heard any news. Sorry to say, but this might just be another rumor.

ToBeContinued
10-07-2009, 12:18 AM
I have heard a rumor that it's coming out on 2010 as a Disney 60th anniversary, but this is just a rumor and nobody can be for sure.

Hopefully when (and if) I become a Disney Imagineer, I can bring it back ;)

PurpleCrazyLava
10-07-2009, 02:37 AM
Haha, I like that TBC! I doubt they'd do that though..but I'm not sure..VMK.com is directed to disney sites

CrazyAceMynerC
10-09-2009, 02:58 AM
VMK, grab my hands.._-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

It is just another rumor/joke.
Nothing can't just open up a year later.
Besides Disney said it is shutting down perfectly. No returns.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-Wait, don't.. Let g-

noggin
10-10-2009, 01:35 AM
I haven't been around for a while but look what I just found on the internet! This says 2008 but according to "another company" which might actually be "the other company" has announced the reopening of VMK on the very same date shown here exept with the year 2009. I looked for the page with the companys name on it again but I condn't find it. After that yet another company (this companys name was not said at all) announced the opening of VMK the on the very same date shown but with the year 2010. Here's the article.

VMK is reopening on October 24, 2008.
Here's a quote from an unknown man.
Virtual Magical Kingdom will return in the next few months, Hopefully by September or October of 2008, Or the New Year of 2009.

That was said sometime July 2008 a little over a month (or is that a year and a month) after VMK closed. The man still remains unknown. Hope you get some info from this. Enjoy.

,noggin:Post:

PurpleCrazyLava
10-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Well, we can plug in what we know. We know the company was Saluke, so there's that problem. But how can we be sure? Disney isn't some..huggy huggy company who is going to take us a bandaid everytime we fall. They are a corporation. And meanwhile things in the park seem like they are a huggy huggy company, they are in it for the money. Working at Disney makes a lot of money, and they probably get some benefits. So, I'd be happy to work at Disneyland. With good money, benefits, and working somewhere I love, that'd be fun. AND they have housing available to the workers too! So really, it's really good to work at Disney. and in California Adventure alone, theres 44,000 workers. We asked once haha

DisneyFan
10-10-2009, 07:22 PM
I haven't been around for a while but look what I just found on the internet! This says 2008 but according to "another company" which might actually be "the other company" has announced the reopening of VMK on the very same date shown here exept with the year 2009. I looked for the page with the companys name on it again but I condn't find it. After that yet another company (this companys name was not said at all) announced the opening of VMK the on the very same date shown but with the year 2010. Here's the article.

VMK is reopening on October 24, 2008.
Here's a quote from an unknown man.
Virtual Magical Kingdom will return in the next few months, Hopefully by September or October of 2008, Or the New Year of 2009.

That was said sometime July 2008 a little over a month (or is that a year and a month) after VMK closed. The man still remains unknown. Hope you get some info from this. Enjoy.

,noggin:Post:

If you have the source that would be great.

For now we'll still have to wait and see.

garfieldboy
10-10-2009, 07:56 PM
i think i would pay to play vmk, i don't care, i just been craving to play the haunted mansion game

garfieldboy
10-10-2009, 07:59 PM
i think it's not opening back up, but i do wish it would

DisneyFan
10-10-2009, 08:38 PM
I still think we need some more info on this.
It would be great if you can provide the source of what you described noggin.