View Full Version : An Awesome Short Story

iRaccoon
07-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Nick_Brer recently posted an interesting story and I decided to post it for him in the appropriate section of STORIES FORUM.

---------
I'm just gonna post a short story off the top of my head. Also the character is not me. Everything else except the fear of bugs and spider is false.

The place: Deep India
The Time: 1955
The Man: Nick Douglas, archeologist. A man with great intellect and obviously born in the wrong time and place. Age 30 but has the heart of a child and a little bit lOnnEy. Biggest fear, spiders. He is currently in search of a rare and presumably unexistant stone, the Tiger's Eye. But to our hero's dismay, he'll find it... along with the Twilight Zone.

We find Nick deep in jungle terrain with his tour guide, Hadji, on the unrelenting pursuit of this crystal. Time and time again Nick was criticised for his uncanny ubsesion with the Tiger's Eye. "They think I'm crazy! They think I'm mad! Just because I want to solve the mystery! Because I want to help the world! I'll show them! I'll show them all!" shouted Nick to know one in perticular. Hadji didn't know much english so he let it go, often Nick would scream at the appearance of a spider of two so Hadji dismayed it at that. They approach a small cave. "Here it is, I leave now?" "No not just yet. I need your help a little further. Give me that branch over there" Hadji did as told. Nick lit the branch with a match he had and told Hadji to follow him to the cave. The cave itself was small and filled with insects big and small which terrified Nick beyond control. He could barely stand it but he realized he had to continue for his lifes work depended on it. Hadji didn't seem to mind too much until he began to go pale. Hadji collapsed. A large centipede crawled out of his mouth, allowing hundreds, thousands of bugs to enter his body and make use of his paralyzed, yet living, body. Nick sprinted in his crouched position forward and triped. Falling in a hole which went to a chamber of sorts. There the bugs wouldn't enter for an odd reason. Then he saw it. Nick saw what he came for. The Tiger's Eye. The fall made him lose his course but he was able to see the stone due to the fact it glowed of neon like the fish at the bottom of the ocean and the bugs he passed up above. He approached it. Sprinted for it. But then something was wrong, terribly wrong. When he tough the crystal it was fuzzy and began to move. It was never a crystal but a design on the back of a spider. A large, skiny legged, cave spider twice Nick's size. Needless to same the was no exit only a feast.

A feast held in the Twilight Zone.

That's best I could do off the top of my head. I think it turned out ok. I just wrote a small story.. Thats all..

--------

My Critic Rating Sensors indicate the rating is....

AWESOME!

.:Blue:.
07-08-2008, 09:39 PM
I'll say; 5 stars!! Great job!

iRaccoon
07-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Yay!! Praise Brer_nick!

Brer_Nick
07-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Thanks for posting it for me. I probably should of just did this. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing and that was where I was. Imagin if I actually tried, I might be able to write a book.