View Full Version : DLR and California Adventure TIPS

TikiPin_Dude
06-19-2008, 12:05 AM
Its the same as the WDW but DLr and California adventures so some parts are different!

*=get fastpass for in morning
!= Update/Updated

1.IF you plan on going on Space Mountain in disneyland go 8-9 otherwise it will get crowded and fastpass lines will be long. Such as when we got a fastpass at 10 for space mt and the fastpass was at 3-4 we left at 2 and came back at 5 and the next fastpass was at 11-12. Plus so many people get fastpasses just wait in line!

2. Ride the following rides early in the morning:Space Mountain, Big thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Finding Nemo, Autopia, Pirates of the Carribbean, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones.

Indiana Jones- Morning time is usually from a 25-40 minute wait
Space Mountain- morning is sometimes dead but can be 15-30 min wait.
Finding Nemo- Get there fast!!!! 11:00 am its about 2 hour wait
Autopia- Go on this at night especially. Once we went on it took a half an hour. not too bad
Matterhorn- Gets really bad in the afternoon go morning or during fireworks
*Big thunder Mountain- get fastpass at 8-9 and ur ride should be ranging from 10-11 11-12. if not GL waiting in line lol.
Pirates- Go in Morning or at night! i suggest going at night especially durning fireworks only took us 5 minutes to get on during fireworks.
Haunted Mansion- N/A we were lucky and came before a big crowd in the afternoon so IDK yet

Some plans for long waiting rides-
1. if have a large family split up and have them go to big rides! such as finding nemo. Someone waits in line, some gets fast pass for indy, another for space mt, another haunted etc.

CALIFORNIA ADVENTRUES

Rides to get on fast and quick!-

Hollywood tower of terror- Never been on but last time i went the line wasnt very long ( tell me what u think )
Toy Story Mania- Its a 4 hour wait around 11 o'clock get there early and have some run to the ride.......... literally RUN
California Scream'in- LONG LONG LONG wait suggest being 1 of the first rides of the day
Grizzly rive run- Sometimes long wait sumtiems not depend on time of day

Food in both Parks some prices:

DLR=

Churros=$3.00 ech.
Popcorn= $2.50
Hungry Bear Resturant= Drinks ( not included in any meal ) $2.50-$2.75
Meals= $4.00-$9.00

Tips on saving money!!! Ok so after u looked at some of the food prices they charge it can get pretty expensive.... eh? Well i suggest bring a water cooler or somethign to carry food to the hotel and go home at noon after all it gets VERY humid during the summer.

Tips about getting around traffic!!!Ok well if ur by rides next to stores without doors CUT THROUGH THEM!!!!! Such as when by indiana jones gets crowded there is a store by the entrance..... i cut through there all the time.

Fantasmic- Dont exit adventure through the exit by the Tiki Tiki room, people flood that entrance before Fantasmic. I suggest taking the New Orleans Square Train or going around Fronteirland.

Occupancy:
PMfan-If you want to go to finding nemo submarine voyage or some other place with usually long lines, it would be a good idea to take an iPod, Game Boy Advance, etc to occupy yourself.

Good Idea Pmfan! Also i would like to add to that if u dont have any of those....... why dont you plan your next ride? Get a game plan together! Or just talk about the fun you've had so far................... or not so fun lol

Plan on Site Seeing in Disneyland? Go see the firehouse, right above is a window where Walt watched Disneyland be built.
another is Walt holding hands with mickey. Always tells me to " NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS "

Shops DLR/DTD:
Emporium
Magic Shop
Candy Shop
Movie Cinema
Sovuniers
Clothing Etc.

DO NOT WEAR WHITE PANTS IF PLANNING ON GOING ON GRIZZLY RIVE RUN!!!!!!!!! That happened to my cousin...... Lets not talk about it lol

Space Mountain UPDATE I experimented on this ride on 6/19/08 and in 4 hours i got to ride it 3 times!!!! Thats alot comparing to the waiting time!!!! Well what you do to get on really big rides and go on them fast is get there early in the morning....... Go straight to the ride u want to go on first........... Ride it......... Get a fast pass.......Go on another ride.........Go back to the ride with the fastpass after finished.........Go on ride.........Get another fast pass......... go on another ride.......... go back to ride after finished.......... Ride it for the 3rd time

!Finding Nemo! Ok i lucked out but here is a game plan for the long waiting line- If your mom has a little child ask them to wait in line for nemo......If you have a cell phone or a family member does ask that friend/family member to have him/her to tell my mom/dad to call him/her when they're half way. While your waiting for him/her to get half way...... GO RIDE BUZZ!! This line can be short and fast. I rode it twice on 6/19/08 Without a fastpass the wait was 10 minutes. And you were halfway by 4 minutes

Toy Story Mania is Located right below California Screamin on Paradise peir next to the carnival Games and right across from the Sun Wheel and Malliboomer.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________
Manunderwater's Tip Corner!!

Tiki Room turned 45 yesterday

The French Market Restaurant in New Orleans Square is closed to make room for the new menu. The new menu will no longer feature Fried Chicken or Sandwiches, but instead feature a "Healthier" menu featuring American and Cajun-Creole items.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Lutz
First up this September, the Disneyland Entertainment department will send Fantasmic! down for yet another refurbishment for more technology upgrades. After getting a very thorough upgrade to all of the lighting and audio this past winter, this September and October will be spent replacing the original 1992 film projectors with high definition digital projectors. This multi million dollar change is planned to dramatically improve the clarity and color of the images projected on to the mist screens, with all of the original 1992 film media converted to a much clearer and remastered digital format. This same digital technology will be used in the DCA World of Color show as well, on an even bigger scale.

Fantasmic! will return in mid November for the busy holiday weeks, and then the show will go down yet again in January for several more months. The second phase of the Fantasmic! rehab this winter will replace the old dragon and the lift effects. The huge open pit underneath the stage on the end of Tom Sawyer Island will be deepened and expanded, and a larger and more realistic remote controlled dragon will take up residence there. By next spring Fantasmic! will be practically all new from start to finish when it comes to the technology behind the show.

So about a year without Fantasmic? Or not enough clarity to say that it will be opened again that Spring or Summer.

More Information soon to come! :)
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

The lines to get on Haunted Mansion and Pirates are nearly non-existant during Fantasmic! The only thing is you need to make your way through the crowds to get there in the first place. We always walk right on. Buzz line is practically gone during the fireworks. If you've got little ones in diapers the changing tables back by Autopia and the train in Tomorrowland have the largest and easiest to get to changing tables and the bathrooms are almost always devoid of lines, and when there are lines they're really short. On the flip side, the changing tables in Toontown are by far the smallest in the parks and really hard to change anything but a newborn, walk over to the one in Fantasyland instead if you can. Another neat but totally weird thing while on the topic of bathrooms, the ones that are in the castle proper, near the Gepetto restaurant (blanking on it's name) is really cool to be inside when the fireworks are going on because you can hear everything going on in the castle. I have no idea why I like it but it's cool

An important thing to know about fast passes...
they have an hour block listed on them. So long as you are after the beginning time they are good the rest of the day. So if you have a fast pass that says 12:00-1:00 PM you can still use it at 2:00 PM or 10:00 PM. The only time you can't use them is before the first time listed.

So far all i know! Please Post some other tips if been to Disneyland!

Planning on going to Walt Disney World instead of Disneyland? Click here (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149034) for some tips!

GoodPolarGirl
06-19-2008, 12:25 AM
So, this is basically the DLR version of my thread 'WDW Tips-Serious Activity'?

We should link up. I'm gonna put a link to your thread in my thread: Maybe you could put a link of my thread in your thread :)

~Polar

autoalice
06-19-2008, 12:28 AM
When did they add fastpass for the Nemo ride? We went a couple weeks ago and they didn't have one then.
We were there on Mother's Day and decided to do it during the fireworks, the line was only like 10 minutes if that. We were shocked!

Jacques
06-19-2008, 02:16 AM
Finding Nemo does not have fastpasses.

autoalice
06-19-2008, 02:18 AM
Finding Nemo does not have fastpasses.
I didn't think so. I feel better having confirmation :)

manunderwater
06-19-2008, 03:43 AM
Try Toy Story Midway Mania. Only downside is that it is lines like what Nemo had when it first opened. June 17, 2008: Line was about 3-5 hours reached all the way to Ariel's Grotto with zig zags. Broke down on the first day. But well worth the wait!

PMFan
06-19-2008, 03:46 AM
While At Disneyland, Make Sure your shirt is WATERPROOF of you are thinking of playing with the giant marble at Tomorrowland. It is full of water :-P

TikiPin_Dude
06-19-2008, 04:25 AM
I didn't think so. I feel better having confirmation :)

ok wasnt sure because i didnt see any so thanks!!

Also For the " WATERPROOF SHIRTS " Yeah u might want to brign extra clothes because in pirates i was in the front and i got soaked!!!!!!!! You may need them for Splash mountain too :)

PMFan
06-19-2008, 04:34 AM
If you want to go to finding nemo submarine voyage or some other place with usually long lines, it would be a good idea to take an iPod, Game Boy Advance, etc to be distracted.

And if The Fireworks is comming up, it's a good idea to go to The It's A Small World Shop, there is no unusual crowding

TikiPin_Dude
06-19-2008, 04:41 AM
If you want to go to finding nemo submarine voyage or some other place with usually long lines, it would be a good idea to take an iPod, Game Boy Advance, etc to be distracted.

And if The Fireworks is comming up, it's a good idea to go to The It's A Small World Shop, there is no unusual crowding

That reminds me...... IF any of you plan on going to Disneyland soon....... Its a Small World is being remolded idk when it well re-open

Starz
06-19-2008, 05:16 AM
really?!?! Its a small world is being remodeled?? interesting, wonder what its gonna look like....??? :)

PurpleCrazyLava
06-19-2008, 06:04 AM
Ok here is huge help. If you stay at the Grand, and its fast, get fastpasses for Grizzly Peak, wear your bathing suits under your clothes, ride Grizzly, then go back to the hotel change go to the park or whatever you want.

TikiPin_Dude
06-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Also being remolded is a Plaza Something i dont remember so yea use to be a restraunt....... Updates have been added to the first post!!!!!!

Updated- Space Mountain
Finding Nemo

autoalice
06-19-2008, 09:42 PM
It's a Small World is closed until "Fall 2008", I've seen Nov. They are doing a major repair to the whole thing, replacing the water flume the boats ride in (those are original from the 60s and they've just patched them as need be all this time). Rumors have them adding modern characters from their various franchises like they have in the Hong Kong version, I so hope they don't!

TikiPin_Dude
06-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Get Lost in Disneyland? Go to the help center or ask a crew member for help :)

Still looking for some more tips and Tricks!! thanks

~tiki

manunderwater
06-20-2008, 04:40 PM
If you are waiting to ride it's a small world, it will be opening sometime late November for its holiday ride. They have remodeled the flumes to be deeper, they have repainted the facades (whole thing was covered on tarps, but the clock tower is now exposed to us), and they are -rumor- adding Disney Characters to the ride, and an America tribute. @_@ Most likely not though.

Btw, parking may become a problem soon for those who park in the Lion King section, I believe its been confirmed by John Lasseter that Carsland will be built, and I think they will close down part of the parking lot for it.

TikiPin_Dude
06-20-2008, 11:15 PM
If you are waiting to ride it's a small world, it will be opening sometime late November for its holiday ride. They have remodeled the flumes to be deeper, they have repainted the facades (whole thing was covered on tarps, but the clock tower is now exposed to us), and they are -rumor- adding Disney Characters to the ride, and an America tribute. @_@ Most likely not though.

Btw, parking may become a problem soon for those who park in the Lion King section, I believe its been confirmed by John Lasseter that Carsland will be built, and I think they will close down part of the parking lot for it.

UPDATE and Also a Question on the Carsland.......... From what a crew member has said that They are going to be remolding DCA little by little due to complaints of it being too boring........ And is that parking lot by DCA? because i saw a bunch of " route 66 " and Car signs from the movie cars in DCA and i was wodnering if they are going to build a cars ride there?

Toy Story Mania Update:http://www.intercotwest.com/common/imgs/resortGuide/dcaMapLarge.jpg

See the big ORANGE Swing ride? Its shaped like an orange........ if u go to the left of it Keep going until a bridge...... thats where the line for toy story mania usually is and see the telephone bathroom signs etc by The big Roller Coaster ( California Screaming )........ Well that is where Toy Story Mania is and from that point its a 50 minute wait..... just getting to the place itself......

Also they have been opening DCA earlier idk the exact time but we got there early and the line for Toy Story MAnia was backed up to Soarin over Cali.
So get there early for Toy Story!!!!!!!!

Soarin! Go in the morning really good time

Hollywood Tower of Terror- I went on it 2 times in a row without a wait...... go between 12-1:00

TikiPin_Dude
06-22-2008, 05:01 PM
BUMP BUMP!!!!

Califonia screamin the best time is anytime i went on it 2 times in a row at rnadom so any time is good!!

Toy Story Mania Upadate!!!!! i think to the amount of people riding it it will break down sometimes this happened 3 days after it opened.

Electrical parade happens every other day not sure so get there at least a half an hour early

keep thos tips coming please!!!!!!!

manunderwater
06-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Real news was that Toy Story Mania broke down on the first day that it was officially opened. So did Mr. Potato Head, he had to go to bed early that day.

Toy Story Mania hasn't had a very long line yesterday, throughout the day the lines kept at an average 1 hour wait. Must likely due to the extreme high temperature.

UPDATE and Also a Question on the Carsland.......... From what a crew member has said that They are going to be remolding DCA little by little due to complaints of it being too boring........ And is that parking lot by DCA? because i saw a bunch of " route 66 " and Car signs from the movie cars in DCA and i was wodnering if they are going to build a cars ride there?

They just take down rides pretty much one by one, they will most likely have days that those sections of the areas because reconstructed will be closed until it is finished (who knows how long it will take), yes the parking lot is by DCA, its next to tower of terror area and bugs land and i think some golden state along the way. that is the area which is supposed to be where they will have the new carsland, with a new test track type ride, flying saucer type ride, and more.

In the future, they are taking down these rides. Maliboomer, Orange Stinger, Golden Dreams.
Retheming, Sun Wheel (maybe) to Mickey's Fun Wheel, Muholland Madness into a Goofy themed ride, old Golden Dreams will be a Little Mermaid dark ride, they will drain the lagoon to add fountains and all for Wonderful World of Color

TikiPin_Dude
06-22-2008, 05:22 PM
yea sometimes ive noticed the longer into day the less people

fireworks schedule in disneyland: if disney closes at 9:00 the fireworks will be at 8:45

Normal schedule is at 9:45

Parada times are: 3:30 and 6:30

OT: im going to be making another thread in the off topic section about beverly hollywood were stars live etc.

manunderwater
06-22-2008, 05:47 PM
actually normal time for remember is 9:25

TikiPin_Dude
06-22-2008, 06:04 PM
actually normal time for remember is 9:25

ok ill change that

ot- wow how do u know all of this like whats going to leave and come!!!!!!!???????

manunderwater
06-22-2008, 08:23 PM
Idk, I guess I go a little to much to Disneyland, and these news get around on the internet alot. And was already confirmed.

Btw, popcorn is 3.50

and on hot days like today, when crowded cut through the shops in main street, its alot faster and there's air conditioning! Especially during the parade!

Turkey legs 6 dollars, but in Don Tomas (a hut next to Toy Story Mania!) it costs 7.00
Chimichangas are 5 dollars, but in Don Tomas it costs 5.50
Bottled drinks, coffee, hot cocoa usually cost 2.75, soft drink cups at restaurants cost 2.69

TikiPin_Dude
06-22-2008, 09:19 PM
lol wow we might be going alot now were upgrading to premimum passes!

great tip man!!! u should cut through shops especially by indiana jones between that and tiki room when fantasmic is going to start then yea!!

california adventures golden zephyer ice cream cost

dipped waffel cone: 4.75

waffle cone:3.75

PMFan
06-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Here is a GREAT Idea: Try cooling off as much as you can by going to ride curtian rides and going to innoventions ( Note: NOT MUCH TO DO AT INNOVENTIONS )
ASIMO's Show Times are usually every hour:
12:00PM
1:00PM
2:00PM
3:00PM
4:00PM
5:00PM
6:00PM

and if you crash too much in Toontown, There are Machines to let you play the other 3 games at Innoventions!

manunderwater
06-22-2008, 11:01 PM
BTW, this Thursday, Disneyland is scheduled to open Innoventions Dream Home to the public. You can really cool down in there on a hot day, and discover all the new technology that will be available in the future, but very expensive!

TikiPin_Dude
06-22-2008, 11:33 PM
oh kewl!! this past thursday or the 1 cming up? and thanks for correcting typos im on my phone

keep coming with those tips!!!!!!!!!

~tiki

manunderwater
06-23-2008, 12:46 AM
This upcoming Thursday

TikiPin_Dude
06-23-2008, 01:48 AM
oh kewl!! and PMFan.... what is ASimos? ill be going to the house thing in a few weeks and if u have a pass how many magic mornings do u get?

and pmfan where is it located?

thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!

~tiki

PMFan
06-23-2008, 01:59 AM
oh kewl!! and PMFan.... what is ASimos? ill be going to the house thing in a few weeks and if u have a pass how many magic mornings do u get?

and pmfan where is it located?

thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!

~tiki

Innoventions is located near Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, the one with the posters, ASIMO is a robot by Honda, it has a show at Innoventions, but somedays it might not work, and What are Magic Mornings??

TikiPin_Dude
06-23-2008, 04:12 AM
magic mornings let u go in the park an hour early I was mad 1 day because we wanted to get on space Mountain.....

asimo oh yea i remember him!!!!!

I also remember all the arcade games also tell me if u can get Magic Mornings on those passess

Thx

RoxyBlueMusic
06-23-2008, 05:02 AM
I remember one day at WDW, they stopped giving fast passes for Space Mountain. It might have been because a lot of people were getting them, but never coming back to ride it. Can't remember, though. The machines could have stopped working or something.

0_o We were lucky enough to get them before they stopped giving them.

TikiPin_Dude
06-23-2008, 03:06 PM
I remember one day at WDW, they stopped giving fast passes for Space Mountain. It might have been because a lot of people were getting them, but never coming back to ride it. Can't remember, though. The machines could have stopped working or something.

0_o We were lucky enough to get them before they stopped giving them.

wow lol lucky ducks..................................

Adding to Disney and California Adventure Tips is going to be " Disney Pin Trading " If someone could please tell me where the location of West Esplande Kiosk in Disneyland to get a wristband for Limited pins

New Mickey's Oddyesey's pin Prices!!!!!

Space Mt Oddyesey: $8.45
TOT Oddyesey: $8.45
Toy Story Mania Oddyesey: $15.00

The rest are $10.45 and below

The Tiki pin mystery box was released on 6/22/08 More to come!!!!

so my suggestion is u buy some new 1's and some not so new to save money :)

Keep coming with those tips!!!!

manunderwater
06-23-2008, 06:26 PM
Tiki Room turned 45 yesterday

The French Market Restaurant in New Orleans Square is closed to make room for the new menu. The new menu will no longer feature Fried Chicken or Sandwiches, but instead feature a "Healthier" menu featuring American and Cajun-Creole items.

First up this September, the Disneyland Entertainment department will send Fantasmic! down for yet another refurbishment for more technology upgrades. After getting a very thorough upgrade to all of the lighting and audio this past winter, this September and October will be spent replacing the original 1992 film projectors with high definition digital projectors. This multi million dollar change is planned to dramatically improve the clarity and color of the images projected on to the mist screens, with all of the original 1992 film media converted to a much clearer and remastered digital format. This same digital technology will be used in the DCA World of Color show as well, on an even bigger scale.

Fantasmic! will return in mid November for the busy holiday weeks, and then the show will go down yet again in January for several more months. The second phase of the Fantasmic! rehab this winter will replace the old dragon and the lift effects. The huge open pit underneath the stage on the end of Tom Sawyer Island will be deepened and expanded, and a larger and more realistic remote controlled dragon will take up residence there. By next spring Fantasmic! will be practically all new from start to finish when it comes to the technology behind the show.

So about a year without Fantasmic? Or not enough clarity to say that it will be opened again that Spring or Summer.

autoalice
06-23-2008, 06:50 PM
The lines to get on Haunted Mansion and Pirates are nearly non-existant during Fantasmic! The only thing is you need to make your way through the crowds to get there in the first place. We always walk right on. Buzz line is practically gone during the fireworks. If you've got little ones in diapers the changing tables back by Autopia and the train in Tomorrowland have the largest and easiest to get to changing tables and the bathrooms are almost always devoid of lines, and when there are lines they're really short. On the flip side, the changing tables in Toontown are by far the smallest in the parks and really hard to change anything but a newborn, walk over to the one in Fantasyland instead if you can. Another neat but totally weird thing while on the topic of bathrooms, the ones that are in the castle proper, near the Gepetto restaurant (blanking on it's name) is really cool to be inside when the fireworks are going on because you can hear everything going on in the castle. I have no idea why I like it but it's cool.

TikiPin_Dude
06-23-2008, 08:42 PM
VERY VERY uself information alice and man

Adding a Section to the First post is Manunderwater's Tip corner!!!!

Get some really useful information from this section!

The pirates of the Carribbean is always dead during fireworks. Busy rides durnign fireworks are Space Mt and Thunder Mt.

Another thing i want to point out is if your looking for club33 your going to be blind!!!1 i passed it 10 times before i found it lol..... Its located right next to the blue bayou not in hiding or anything when i went back the other way i finally found it!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f9/Dscn1166.jpg/250px-Dscn1166.jpg To the left is the Blue bayou and club33 is to the right :)

TikiPin_Dude
06-25-2008, 12:07 AM
BUMPITY BUMP BUMP!!!!!

OT: Manunderwater if u look at this can u turn on your PM thing?

Soem more Tips!!!! If you dont have an annul Pass i suggest getting 1, because u can park hop and u get discounts on shops and resteraunts.

So yup keep coming with those tips Anything Disney or about DCA OR DLR!

DiamondMeme
06-25-2008, 12:10 AM
Indy, Cali Screamin' and Soarin' Over California should be stared...

TikiPin_Dude
06-25-2008, 12:16 AM
Indy, Cali Screamin' and Soarin' Over California should be stared...

What do u mean by Stared?

If You live out of state And are going to Disneyland, I suggest get to the park a half an hour to an hour early due to lines and to get on the big rides first :)

DiamondMeme
06-25-2008, 12:33 AM
What do u mean by Stared?

If You live out of state And are going to Disneyland, I suggest get to the park a half an hour to an hour early due to lines and to get on the big rides first :)

LOL... I mean should have a star next to them! You need to get those fast-passes in the morning for those good rides or they will run out! And that is what the fast-passes are for... you don't need to go there earlier unless you are used to DLR and WDW... I do that ALL the time at WDW because those fast-passes run out quickly...

autoalice
06-25-2008, 12:39 AM
An important thing to know about fast passes...
they have an hour block listed on them. So long as you are after the beginning time they are good the rest of the day. So if you have a fast pass that says 12:00-1:00 PM you can still use it at 2:00 PM or 10:00 PM. The only time you can't use them is before the first time listed.
Did that make since?

TikiPin_Dude
06-25-2008, 12:47 AM
Oh yea i didnt know That Good Thinking!!

Umm and yeah ill star those because indy and Soarin do get long buu cali screamin is only 15-25 mins

TikiPin_Dude
06-26-2008, 05:38 PM
bumpity bump bump i cant think of any more tips lol

BanannaSplitzer
04-14-2009, 03:37 AM
I think at the Mint Julep Bar, there is something called a cinnamon crisp and it costs about $2.50