View Full Version : Why is VMK Really Closing?: A Novel/Expirmental

Flame Gun
05-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Overnight I was inspired. I have extra time to spare because I'm ill. I decided
'Being a Promotion' was not enough. And I wanted to go to great lengths to figure out why. This will be a novel trying to figure out why and other topics.
Expect the first chapter soon.

Chapter 1: The Population VS. The Promotion

As we all know, VMK Opened May 23rd, 2005 and is now closing May 22nd, 2008 [ It won't open on May 22nd].
VMK's Population on an peak hour was about 2000. In the times of 2005-2006.
In Early 2007 & Late 2006, VMK's Population almost doubled up to 4000.
And From Late 2007-April 8,2008 VMK's Population was off the charts, and up to 6000+ People.
6000 Players.
Almost 7000.
VMK's Population was more then Pirates, and Toontowns Daily Population Combined.
How Would I know? I was a player.
As Disney Stated back in 2006, they had 1,000,000 active members. Did They Honestly Expect it to Decrease?
Surley not, As VMK's Population was increased by 2000. VMK Was a Planned Promotion for 2005-2006, [Disneyland's 50th Celebration]. Why not close it then, when VMK's Population was low, and we hadn't put 3 Years of Work into our characters.
And why close it now, a play to play model kind of like Habbo Hotel would work. Pay to Play in order to play games and quests and get credits. And Surley another idea, did Disney Think they could build up the population and pour us into the other games?
It's All in the mind of WDIG.
Why is VMK Really Closing?

2starTagregory
05-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Chapter 2:

Di$ney is really closing the game because of their Pay To Play games becoming less popular. They with their money loving freakyness should see that if they close VMK then they will lose a lot of money from their other games. I honestly think that they have SHUT OFF their e-mail accounts! They have not responded to my emails i have sent. The real reason VMK is closing is that they want, and NEED, :smiley44::smiley44: :$:!!

Flame Gun
05-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Chapter 2:

Di$ney is really closing the game because of their Pay To Play games becoming less popular. They with their money loving freakyness should see that if they close VMK then they will lose a lot of money from their other games. I honestly think that they have SHUT OFF their e-mail accounts! They have not responded to my emails i have sent. The real reason VMK is closing is that they want, and NEED, :smiley44::smiley44: :$:!!

Ya Not Suppose to write your own chapters..

Argoace
05-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Consider this... the software Engineering and Development that created VMK was outsourced (remember before Disney owned Pixar, they were contracted by Disney to make movies) and now that VMK is big, Disney does not acutally own the licenses et al to keep it going; And probably not going to pay to own it either... So Disney could not keep VMK going even if they wanted to, not without a big cost to them.

strikemaster
05-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Look at it this way: It was a promotion. Then it became a money maker galore. Then they found: Club Penguin and spent over a million dollars buying it. So why keep paying staff, the game producers, repairs, and whatnot, when people don't even HAVE to pay. They can't even donate.And that would be a money loser. Two main reasons VMK is closing: No more in-park stuff, and they keep buying better money making games! Oh, and I REALLY liked the story so far!

Flame Gun
05-16-2008, 03:17 PM
You don't need to have a license to use a software, you can purchase a software, and thats it you have it, you can't lose it.

Argoace
05-16-2008, 05:07 PM
It's a little more complicated than that Flame Gun. This isn't buying a copy of MS Office or Windows XP..... Did Disney own Pixar's technology they used in making their movies? No they had to buy the company to own that Technology, which they did Jan 24, 2006 to the sum of 7.4 billion.... A lot more than the cost of Windows XP or Office...

bravejacob
05-16-2008, 09:37 PM
I agree its more than just buying a server and servers are expinsive. You have to get a license to run somthing big like vmk

StarBP
05-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Look at it this way: It was a promotion. Then it became a money maker galore. Then they found: Club Penguin and spent over a million dollars buying it. So why keep paying staff, the game producers, repairs, and whatnot, when people don't even HAVE to pay. They can't even donate.And that would be a money loser. Two main reasons VMK is closing: No more in-park stuff, and they keep buying better money making games! Oh, and I REALLY liked the story so far!

um... More like 350 million (700 million if you count the performance-based payment)

Flame Gun
05-17-2008, 02:50 PM
You don't need to have a license to use a software, you can purchase a software, and thats it you have it, you can't lose it.

I agree its more than just buying a server and servers are expinsive. You have to get a license to run somthing big like vmk

My post says it all.

MagicGypsy
05-19-2008, 05:26 AM
It's a little more complicated than that Flame Gun. This isn't buying a copy of MS Office or Windows XP..... Did Disney own Pixar's technology they used in making their movies? No they had to buy the company to own that Technology, which they did Jan 24, 2006 to the sum of 7.4 billion.... A lot more than the cost of Windows XP or Office...

I would agree....way more complicated....and alot like your Pixar example.
Seems the Engine went One way....and Disney and their Licences another....
never the Twain shall meet as they say on the Rivers of America.....:(
Maybe both hands should shake next time....???