View Full Version : Reason why vmk thinks they don't get any profits

EtnaGreen
05-15-2008, 09:09 PM
As you all know vmk got money through the pins,parks,movies,etc. I was talking to my dad about it the other day and he told me something interesting. He said that each part of disney seprerate and never talks to each other. So when the internet group decided to close vmk ofcourse the cost went into play, since the pins,movies,and parks are seperate from them that didn't count as income. Gosh disney is so messed up..

LadyBella
05-15-2008, 09:22 PM
ok, sorry, but that makes no sense. if vmk was a promotion, as they say it was, then whether it was worth the money or not was not whether the game itself made money by itself. it was apparently created to promote the parks, movies, merchandise, etc. and if those areas saw improved profits as a result of vmk, then the promotion was a success. there are many companies that have used the same promotional tool for decades bc they work and ppl have come to expect and enjoy them. think of "the maytag repairman" and the "budweiser clydesdales" as examples. when a company creates a commercial for tv, they pay to make it and pay to show it. nobody pays to watch it. the money is supposed to come in the form of ppl buying the product the commercial is selling.
and i don't know about how disney executives speak to each other in different areas of the company, but the reason that all these giant media companies become giants is so that the different areas of the company can work together to promote each other. the way that the abc network always has stuff about disneyland and WDW on the commercials and talk shows and sitcoms. u ever notice how almost everytime a family gets their home made over by Ty Pennington, they go to disneyworld? it's not because the family asked for it. it's because disney owns it all. i don't know how they work out the costs and profits between divisions of the company tho. i am not an accountant. ;)

Chaelle
05-17-2008, 04:27 AM
It was just a promotion, like an actual worth-watching and interesting long-term commercial. When VMK noticed that thousands fell in love with it in a short time, they thought, 'hey, let's throw in some park quests, too."
Cha ching, Cha ching!
By the way, with all of this protesting, haven't you thought that WDW and DL have been getting even MORE publicity after all this? Even if most of the protesting is negative about the closing of vmk, suppose some people will be thinking, hey WDW (or DL), I haven't been there in a while.. pack your bags, kids!
~Chaelle