View Full Version : VMK silences a brave voice

LordIllidan
05-05-2008, 04:06 AM
So, some of you may or may not know the story of Shattered-Star, who, for three weeks, stood silently from opening til closing next to the tree in the castle forecourt, "Tied" to the tree as a form of protest against the closing of VMK. She served as a very inspirational figure, and passerby would often join her and help her cause.

I've recieved news she was banned today. No "official" word has been given why, but I'm sure it's fairly clear why VMK would want to ban someone who does nothing but silently stand next to a tree all day.

This is a complete and total injustice. Our wonderful Kingdom is becoming Totalitarian.

http://setokaiba800.googlepages.com/Censored.jpg

Penguinz
05-05-2008, 04:12 AM
That's ridiculous. There is nothing wrong with standing next to a tree. VMK is getting over the top with this.
She was doing good on her own time, with her own opinions.

the_phoenix
05-05-2008, 04:26 AM
Now that's just stupid - and I'm pretty sure it wasn't the staff's choice; this was a big honcho's order.

acefredfred
05-05-2008, 04:31 AM
Totally disgusting. I like the big honcho's choice....
- acefredfred

Evil Kid Bugs
05-05-2008, 05:31 AM
So, like, you're surprised to find out that Di$ney is Evil?
Check your history, see what Walt did to the guys he thought were the ringleaders of the Dumbo Strike.
That' why I love Di$ney, they're my kind of folks :}

-ekb-

the_phoenix
05-05-2008, 05:34 AM
Check your history, see what Walt did to the guys he thought were the ringleaders of the Dumbo Strike.

-ekb-

There's only one way I can get you back for that..

*the_phoenix hugs EKB and sings him the Barney theme song.

ooo!

LordIllidan
05-05-2008, 05:43 AM

-ekb-

Actually, I just wanted an excuse to use a doctored screenshot of the Survivalism music vid XD

No, in all seriousness, though... I seriously am surprised at this. I don't see what excuse they could have for this. This isn't going to bring them any profit, she wasn't doing anything bad...

It's just blatant totalitarianism.

Kitri
05-05-2008, 05:45 AM
Umm... Wouldn't she be disconnected because of non-activity?

LordIllidan
05-05-2008, 05:49 AM
Umm... Wouldn't she be disconnected because of non-activity?

Apparently, keeping your friends list open will prevent this.

Although I wouldn't be surprised of they fixed that bug to prevent people continuing where she left off.

Destination
05-05-2008, 06:07 AM
Thats sad VMK. And like their always telling us that they want VMK to stay open but yet they ban someone who was trying to help it stay open? I'm proud of her for doing that for VMK but I also feel sorry for her because she's been banned for nothing.

BootstrapGirl
05-05-2008, 12:11 PM
You know, for a second there, I actually believed VMK Staff members would be proud of our protest.
Seeing how they might not have had a say in it.
I think differently now!
That is just sad...
Ban for wanting to save your... dare I say, world.
I'm embrassed for Disney and VMK Staff almost.
Note: Recently, in my other posts, I have been defending VMK Staff (Not Disney, just Staff). Due to a change of point of views now :mickey: those posts don't really express my true feelings. :)

SkyRocket
05-05-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm going to do that. To if they ban her they are going to have to ban me too! Who is with me! ( my other account will do it )

2starTagregory
05-05-2008, 12:43 PM
I for one am going to do that, maybe on the last week or so but I will do that.

the_phoenix
05-05-2008, 12:45 PM
We should ALL do it - let's show VMK who's boss.

SkyRocket
05-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Alright. We should get all of VMK to tie themselfs to stuff! on the last week! Btw, was that the picture that came up on the screen?

taytertottayterto
05-05-2008, 01:37 PM
maybe she said or was doing something that got her banned. I'm not saying she did but maybe.........hmmmmm

BaldEagleBob
05-05-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm not trying to rain on everybody's outrage parade, but you say that you "received news" that this happened. How are we to know for sure exactly what happened and why?

Do you have any screen shots or messages concerning this supposed occurence, or are we expected to completely accept second and third hand accounts as the absolute gospel truth?

But I enjoyed the choice of the title "VMK silences a brave voice".
That is guaranteed to provoke a sympathetic response among the non-skeptical among us.:rolleyes:

BlazinBeats
05-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Wow.
That's wrong.
She truly was an inspiration; I remember standing with her one morning.
That's just plain wrong!
There really is no reason for that to happen.

MLKnCookies
05-05-2008, 08:50 PM
That's a pointless ban. If I sit on a bench all day saying I'm "glued", will I be banned?

Exoxus
05-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Tragic, really. Going to far on the staff member side, I believe.

Though, I think whoever banned her isn't really seeing clearly. By banning her, it will just cause more uproar and cause more players to resist and rebel.

I support anyone deciding to go stand next to any trees they see in protest. It's about as much you can do, even if it is nothing at all.

-X

Evil Kid Bugs
05-05-2008, 10:58 PM
...By banning her, it will just cause more uproar and cause more players to resist and rebel....
You think Di$ney cares?

In a few weeks, we'll ALL be "banned" from VMK :)

-ekb-

snowegoof
05-05-2008, 11:05 PM
EKB has gone too far.

Steal those carrots!!

slinkyman
05-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Just by saying the word "ban" does not give a specific reason. You can be banned for many different things but it will (most of the time) say "...for ignoring the VMK Values"

That can mean many different things. I do not think they would ban someone for sitting next to a tree - unless you are that person nobody knows the full story. They might of done something through messages, help button, etc. that caused the ban - but the public could not see it.

Plus - in a few weeks we all all be terminated from the Kingdom.

Tris-Remix
05-06-2008, 12:37 AM
A ban for saving vmk, wow vmk are you against this?

LordIllidan
05-06-2008, 01:32 AM
I'm not trying to rain on everybody's outrage parade, but you say that you "received news" that this happened. How are we to know for sure exactly what happened and why?

Do you have any screen shots or messages concerning this supposed occurence, or are we expected to completely accept second and third hand accounts as the absolute gospel truth?

I was wondering if someone would catch that.

No, I personally have no evidence. I heard this on another fansite, where it's caused quite an uproar. There's been a few people down there that says they've heard it from a friend who was there, but...

The facts are:

1) She's not there anymore
2)VMK staff have yet to make any official statement on it (Which they might not, considering they ban players all the time. Then again, this ban had a fairly significant impact in relation to the banning of others with the 'Save VMK' mindset...)
3) That tree is lonely.

Just by saying the word "ban" does not give a specific reason. You can be banned for many different things but it will (most of the time) say "...for ignoring the VMK Values"

That can mean many different things. I do not think they would ban someone for sitting next to a tree - unless you are that person nobody knows the full story. They might of done something through messages, help button, etc. that caused the ban - but the public could not see it.

Plus - in a few weeks we all all be terminated from the Kingdom.

True, true. But, considering how she became a big part of the "Save VMK" team quite fast (I don't remember any other ban in the history of VMK that caused such an uproar), you'd think they'd do at least a bit of damage control if we had the wrong idea. If they'd just do that, I'd probably retract every opinion I stated in my first post (depending on how believable it is, that is)

Plus, in a few weeks the day comes when we figure out if her efforts were in vain or not.

cookiefairy
05-06-2008, 01:33 AM
I will.
I have been trying so, so hard all these years not to get banned, but you know what?
This makes me sick.
I would and will give my first ban for this.
See if they can stop me.

AstroAcer
05-06-2008, 01:35 AM
(Then again, this ban had a very big impact on the community...)

But, considering how she became a big part of the community quite fast (I don't remember any other ban in the history of VMK that caused such an uproar)

And, how has this person impacted VMK so greatly? I didn't even know they existed until I found this thread... and I'm sure most of the VMK players didn't know about this, either.

Cools
05-06-2008, 01:37 AM
Wait what? They banned her for putting her vmk character next to a tree?

Wow, that's just too sad

~€00L$

edit-- Yeah, I agree with AstroAcer.. I have never heard about this, or seen it. Or anything

LordIllidan
05-06-2008, 01:39 AM
And, how has this person impacted VMK so greatly? I didn't even know they existed until I found this thread... and I'm sure most of the VMK players didn't know about this, either.

I've seen a lot of people talking about her on a few other fansites. We have a big nine-page-long thread about her cause there, and another 8-page long one about her getting banned. Although she might not have been able to reach this part of the community before now, I'd like to see a list of all the other VMK players who have 17 forum pages soley about them (Especially from threads they didn't start themselves!)

AstroAcer
05-06-2008, 01:43 AM
I've seen a lot of people talking about her on a few other fansites. We have a big nine-page-long thread about her cause there, and another 8-page long one about her getting banned. Although she might not have been able to reach this part of the community before now, I'd like to see a list of all the other VMK players who have 17 forum pages soley about them (Especially from threads they didn't start themselves!)

Sure, there may be a huge thread. For all I know five or six people could have been the only posters on that thread...

Even if 170 people had individually posted on the thread, that doesn't mean that it "greatly impacted VMK". It simply means that a sliver of the total population of VMK players care about this person becoming banned.

LordIllidan
05-06-2008, 01:53 AM
Sure, there may be a huge thread. For all I know five or six people could have been the only posters on that thread...

Even if 170 people had individually posted on the thread, that doesn't mean that it "greatly impacted VMK". It simply means that a sliver of the total population of VMK players care about this person becoming banned.

63 different people in the thread about her banning alone, the top poster, the top poster having 13 in that thread, the second-to-top having 2.

So, yeah. I probably am overexaggerating. Allow me to rephrase that to "Had a fairly significant impact in relation to others with the 'Save VMK' mindset," then

EDIT: Accuracy is important, kids! Don't make stupid mistakes like I do! If I missed anything, feel free to point it out ;)

AstroAcer
05-06-2008, 01:57 AM
63 different people in the thread about her banning alone, the top poster, the top poster having 13 in that thread, the second-to-top having 2.

So, yeah. I probably am overexaggerating. Allow me to rephrase that to "Had a fairly significant impact in relation to others with the 'Save VMK' mindset," then

I would think that 63 different people would be fairly impressive, however in reality any thread can get that many posters.

However, your last statement I have to agree with. I am not into the whole "radical", if you will, "Save VMK" mindset. This may not mean a lot to most of us VMK players, but to those of you dedicated to saving this I'm sure its big news.

LordIllidan
05-06-2008, 02:00 AM
I would think that 63 different people would be fairly impressive, however in reality any thread can get that many posters.

However, your last statement I have to agree with. I am not into the whole "radical", if you will, "Save VMK" mindset. This may not mean a lot to most of us VMK players, but to those of you dedicated to saving this I'm sure its big news.

Oh, trust me. I'm a pretty radical person when it comes to this :P *Points at sig* And, while I do know a few others who are equally as passionate (maybe even moreso than I,) they're not all as crazy as me.

AstroAcer
05-06-2008, 02:04 AM
Oh, trust me. I'm a pretty radical person when it comes to this :P *Points at sig* And, while I do know a few others who are equally as passionate (maybe even moreso than I,) they're not all as crazy as me.

Off Topic: Heh, well I recall seeing a thread of yours in the past as being a bit "extreme" for VMK lol. I forget what it was called.

disruler
05-06-2008, 02:41 AM
Never heard of this protest. Definetly cool and interesting. Though this story seem kind of fictional....Never-the-less if it isn't this was an odd choice by VMK. :ThumbsDown:

ElphabaTheWitch
05-07-2008, 03:28 PM
vmk has never made sense with their banning, why start now.

CapnOlaf
05-07-2008, 03:41 PM
This is low, even for VMK.

Don't stop now, we can save VMK!

What we should do that's really crazy is maybe bungee jump off the Empire State Building to spread awareness. :D

So yes, I'm crazy.