View Full Version : Spin Off Games

mrmyth
04-21-2008, 06:39 AM
Since VMK has stated it's closing is due to only a 50th celebration promotion..
Let's look at some of the games it spawned as cross promotions.
There was the..
Monster's opening game that gave us pink teleporter doors.(Monsters Inc. ride and movie). Not to mention Gold Door in park prizes.
There was the Space race game that gave us a space suit that later changed to Tron promo prizes.(Tron Movie/In game)
Water parks promo games that gave us ride pieces.(Water Parks)
POTC game that gave us -Organ/monkeys/chests/posters/Sparrow suits.(POTC Movie)
POTC ship game that gave us boat pieces.(POTC Movie)
Bride to Teribithia game that gave us tree houses.-(to promote Bridge movie)
Narnia game that gave us - LIghtposts/posters/Ice chairs/Teleports.
Yeti game that gave us - Rooms/Chairs/pins.-(to promote Narnia movie)
Buzz Lightyear game - gave us pins-(to promote Buzz ride)
In park Nemo Promo - Submarine parts (Promo for Nemo ride)
Not to mention all in park promos.
And I'm sure I forgot some, Do not tell me VMK has not served it's purpose as an ad.
This is not even going into in game quests promoting everything from Enchanted, to Pan, to Twitches, to Hanna Montana..
I'm sure I missed some in here.,
Seems to me VMK is missing a golden opportunity for advertising by shutting down the game. Not to mention already spent dollars on all these off shoot games they created.
(P.S. - there is still the unreleased card game they promoted.)

madamecat
04-21-2008, 07:10 AM
mrmyth- You may be a man of mystery but you are right on the money here. What an opportunity for MORE MONEY that Disney will be missing out on. I say shame on them:(
**Here's another one for your list: Herbie codes with the purchase of the DVD**

Destination
04-21-2008, 07:17 AM
oh I remember my yellow space suit. That was my most favorite suit in VMK. I got so mad when I got banned for 10 years and I lost it :(

Stemaboat_Tyler
04-21-2008, 12:15 PM
I could never beat that pirate ship game... o_o

xigbar
04-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Don't forget buying all the DVD's for the entertainment set!

snowegoof
04-21-2008, 03:53 PM
And High School Musical!!! Hehe

MagicGypsy
04-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Since VMK has stated it's closing is due to only a 50th celebration promotion..
Let's look at some of the games it spawned as cross promotions.
There was the..
Monster's opening game that gave us pink teleporter doors.(Monsters Inc. ride and movie). Not to mention Gold Door in park prizes.
There was the Space race game that gave us a space suit that later changed to Tron promo prizes.(Tron Movie/In game)
Water parks promo games that gave us ride pieces.(Water Parks)
POTC game that gave us -Organ/monkeys/chests/posters/Sparrow suits.(POTC Movie)
POTC ship game that gave us boat pieces.(POTC Movie)
Bride to Teribithia game that gave us tree houses.-(to promote Bridge movie)
Narnia game that gave us - LIghtposts/posters/Ice chairs/Teleports.
Yeti game that gave us - Rooms/Chairs/pins.-(to promote Narnia movie)
Buzz Lightyear game - gave us pins-(to promote Buzz ride)
In park Nemo Promo - Submarine parts (Promo for Nemo ride)
Not to mention all in park promos.
And I'm sure I forgot some, Do not tell me VMK has not served it's purpose as an ad.
This is not even going into in game quests promoting everything from Enchanted, to Pan, to Twitches, to Hanna Montana..
I'm sure I missed some in here.,
Seems to me VMK is missing a golden opportunity for advertising by shutting down the game. Not to mention already spent dollars on all these off shoot games they created.
(P.S. - there is still the unreleased card game they promoted.)
Just to mention you FORGOT the BIGGEST most EXPENSIVE cross-promotion of all......the STITCH HAT.....only 1 per family and must stay at DLR hotel....that was at least a $500+ promotion that as you see in game made lots of $...and was not fully used as it could have been!

Accountant
04-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Just to mention you FORGOT the BIGGEST most EXPENSIVE cross-promotion of all......the STITCH HAT.....only 1 per family and must stay at DLR hotel....that was at least a $500+ promotion that as you see in game made lots of $...and was not fully used as it could have been!

Actually you could stay at an good neighboor hotel too but you had to book it through Disney Travel thus increasing the price you paid for the hotel had you booked it your self. (Also had to buy tickets through them too so forget annual pass , promotional tickets and discounts.)

mrmyth
04-21-2008, 04:16 PM
I have mentioned all the promo codes from items elsewhere, but yes it was all part of the advertising gimmicks.
I was really just pointing out how many arcade games that were also developed just for VMK. Those too will likely burn out with VMK. Seems like such a poorly managed decision.

InfernoWanter
04-21-2008, 04:34 PM
There was also the everest game...that was awesome.

Lost_Yet_Found
04-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Tower of Tower(Ride in disneyland) Promoted so people would go to parks..